- North Korea ‘Ready To Sink’ US Aircraft Carrier
North Korea has threatened to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier that is beginning joint exercises with two Japanese destroyers in the Western Pacific Ocean.
Radio Liberty. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 17:24:19 +0000.
- Merkel Trumps U.S. Putting EU Ahead Of Britain In 'Trade Queue', Begs Questions
With U.S. President Donald Trump having been an outspoken critic of the European Union and supporting Britain’s decision to exit the Union, he appears now to be putting the EU bloc ahead of UK in a trade deal. ...
By Roger Aitken, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:16:00 -0400.
- 2 Canadians designated global terrorists by U.S. State Department
Farah Mohamed Shirdon and Tarek Sakr were named as "Specially Designated Global Terrorists," according to a release from the State Department.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:38:03 EDT.
- Sweet Home Chicago: Obama Re-Emerges in City Where It All Began
Former U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday makes his first major appearance since leaving office, having chosen Chicago, the city where his political career started, to emerge from a three-month hiatus from the public eye. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:27:04 -0400.
- Silicon Alley: The Latest New York Startups at NY TechDay
Silicon Valley isn’t the only place to find the next Mark Zuckerberg. Nearly 9,000 tech startups call New York City home, and their offerings reflect the unique needs of the most populous U.S. city. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:55:29 -0400.
- Thousands turn out for Washington March for Science
Thousands of scientists have taken part in a demonstration in Washington DC in protest against what they see as a global political assault on facts.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 06:10:57 GMT.
- In Pictures: Science marchers defy rain in Washington DC
Thousands joined the first-ever March for Science in the US capital, despite the rain.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Apr 2017 00:44:10 GMT.
- International Trumpquake: Tentative Stirrings of a Beijing-Berlin Axis
With U.S. President Donald Trump threatening Germany and China with a trade war, Beijing and Berlin have begun searching for ways to tighten economic relations. But there is more dividing the two nations than uniting them.
Spiegel Online. Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:12:13 +0200.
- US slips in list of world's best countries
March 12, 2017 5:00 AMThe United States has slipped in the eyes of the world, judging by the results of a global survey of over 21,000 "influencers, business professionals and citizens" published by the US News & World Report.
Straits Times. Sun, 12 Mar 2017 05:00:00 +0800.