United States News
- Achtung! Future Midsize Volkswagen Pickup Built With Ford's Help Won't Be Sold In The U.S.
VW and Ford agreed to cooperate on a number of projects, including a new midsize pickup truck. But there are limits to what VW will be able to accomplish in the U.S. market with the new and as yet unnamed pickup.
By Doron Levin, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:09:00 -0500.
- Nearly 32,000 Students Are Studying For An Online MBA At The 25 Largest Programs
Nearly 32,000 students are now studying for an online MBA degree at just the 25 largest programs in the U.S.
By John Byrne, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:07:00 -0500.
- Kia issuing new U.S. recall of 68,000 vehicles for fire risks
Kia Motors Corp said on Wednesday it is issuing a new recall for 68,000 U.S. vehicles at risk of fuel leaks after it previously recalled them in 2017 for engine fire risks.
Reuters. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:04:00 -0500.
- GM's Washington charm offensive sidelined by Wall Street's push for profit
General Motors code named its November announcement to cut nearly 15,000 jobs in North America and restructure itself "Turbo," suggesting a leaner approach for the largest U.S. ...
Reuters. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:02:08 -0500.
- Reports: Blast near US-led coalition patrol in Syria
It wasn't clear if the casualties include troops of the U.S.-led coalition.
ABC News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:01:09 -0500.
- U.S. Troops Among Dead in Islamic State Bombing in Syria
The attack, which was claimed by the Islamic State, came as President Trump is pushing to withdraw American troops from Syria.
Eric Schmitt and Ben Hubbard. New York Times. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:44:00 GMT.
- Oil steady a day after big gain; rising U.S. fuel stocks weigh
Oil prices steadied on Wednesday after a 3 percent rise during the previous session, after data showed growing U.S. refined product inventories and record crude production, which could undermine global efforts to support prices. U.S. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:40:40 -0500.
- Banks rally after strong earnings, sending US stocks higher
Banks and other financial companies including Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and BlackRock are surging after reporting strong fourth-quarter results, sending U.S. stocks higher
ABC News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:30:47 -0500.
- Man With Hammer Kills Chef and Injures Two Others at Brooklyn Restaurant
The authorities said they did not know the motive for the attack at the Seaport Buffet in Brooklyn.
Mihir Zaveri. New York Times. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:11:31 GMT.
- Texas man who joined ISIS wanted to 'see what the group was about'
One American who was among five Islamic State fighters captured in eastern Syria earlier this month said Tuesday he had no regrets about teaming up with the terror group.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:17:37 GMT.
- Bodies of missing Texas man and woman discovered in shallow Oklahoma grave, authorities say
Two bodies discovered in shallow graves in Oklahoma last week were identified as a Texas man and woman who had been missing since early January, police said Tuesday.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:52:38 GMT.
- U.S. troops killed in Syria suicide attack claimed by ISIS
American military confirms U.S. troops among victims of attack in northern area held by Kurdish allies near Turkish border
CBS News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:21:56 +0000.
- U.S. Bancorp (USB) Q4 Earnings Top Estimates, Revenues Rise
U.S. Bancorp's (USB) fourth-quarter 2018 results reflect easing margin pressure, along with solid growth in loan balances.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:11:00 GMT.
- Why Theresa May's Brexit defeat matters to the U.S.
With just 72 days until the U.K. is scheduled to leave the EU, economic uncertainty caused by the landslide vote could ripple across the Atlantic
CBS News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:09:08 +0000.
- Democrats introduce bill to hike federal minimum wage to $15 per hour
The Democratic proposal to hike the U.S. minimum wage to $15 per hour from the current $7.25 will likely fail in the GOP-held Senate.
CNBC. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:04 GMT.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA