- Tillerson Says U.S. To Set Up Safety Zones, 'Matter Of Time' Before IS Leader Killed
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says the United States plans to establish "interim zones of stability" to help refugees return home in the next phase of the fight against the extremist groups Islamic State (IS) and Al-Qaeda.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:30:59 +0000.
- Labor Secretary Nominee Alexander Acosta Spars With Elizabeth Warren Over Fiduciary Rule
Members of the U.S. Senate got a chance Wednesday to question Alexander Acosta, the man who could become America's next Secretary of Labor. ...
By Maggie Mcgrath, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:26:00 -0400.
- Tillerson: Anti-IS Coalition 'United' in Stopping Terror Group
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Wednesday that U.S. policy is to "destroy and demolish" Islamic State, but that this could not happen if allies did not commit adequate funds and resources. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:15:14 -0400.
- Australia Couple Are 1st Foreigners to Own US Radio Stations
An Australian couple with roots in Alaska has bought more than two dozen radio stations in three states, marking the first time federal regulators have allowed full foreign ownership of U.S. radio stations. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:24:09 -0400.
- Anti-ISIS international coalition meets in Washington
Top officials from the 68-nation coalition fighting ISIS, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, are looking to increase pressure on the group as U.S.-backed forces move closer to retaking Mosul, Iraq.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:28:34 EDT.
- Scotland have one win and one loss at World Women's Curling Championship
Scotland follow their opening victory over USA at the World Women's Curling Championship with defeat by Italy in Beijing.
BBC News. Sun, 19 Mar 2017 08:07:25 GMT.
- Scotland open with win at World Women's Curling Championship
Scotland begin the round-robin stage at the World Women's Curling Championship in Beijing by beating USA 9-8.
BBC News. Sat, 18 Mar 2017 09:22:49 GMT.
- A Delicate Meeting: Can Merkel Bring Trump to Reason?
Angela Merkel is planning a dual strategy for her first face-to-face meeting with Donald Trump on Tuesday. She wants to foster close personal relations with the new U.S. ... ...
Spiegel Online. Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:23:00 +0100.