- Russia Vows Retaliation If U.S. Restricts Its Diplomats' Movements
Russia's Foreign Ministry has threatened to retaliate against U.S. diplomats if Washington enacts legislation restricting the movements of Russian diplomats in the United States.
Radio Liberty. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 19:04:19 +0000.
- How Pearl Harbor Shaped the Modern World
Seventy-five years after the attack drew the United States into World War II, an abiding memory is fading.
Jonah Engel Bromwich. New York Times. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:48:35 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- The Neediest Cases: A New Immigrant Hopes for a Culinary Career
With a toe in the food industry, Francisco Ramos, 19, who moved to the United States last year, now aspires to become a prep cook.
John Otis. New York Times. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 16:00:01 GMT.
Subscription may be required.
- Time Magazine names Donald Trump person of the year
The United States president-elect says the accolade means a lot to him.
Mail & Guardian. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:03:00 +0200.
- Trump Vows to Put Politically Divided US 'Back Together'
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump acknowledged Wednesday he is about to assume power in a politically divided country, but rejected the notion he contributed to the rift. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 11:51:01 -0500.
- Calls Increasing for Immediate Cease-fire in Aleppo
A coalition of nations, led by the United States, called for an immediate cease-fire in Aleppo and condemned Russia for interfering with attempts to bring humanitarian aid to those civilians trapped in the Syrian city. ...
Voice of America. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 11:26:47 -0500.
- America's Response To Pearl Harbor Serves As A Leadership Lesson For All
The Pearl Harbor attack was the worst defeat in U.S. history. But that was the low point of World War II. America never gave up and did what needed doing to win the war.
By Geoff Loftus, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 7 Dec 2016 10:17:00 -0500.
- 75 years after Pearl Harbor attack, U.S. and Japanese officials together honour victims and vets
Seventy-five years after a Japanese admiral led the attack on the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor, the mayor of his hometown is joining his Honolulu counterpart to mark the anniversary — as friends.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 7 Dec 2016 09:36:43 EST.
- Back with a bang
Dancehall star Sean Paul on topping the charts, becoming a father and living next door to Usain Bolt.
BBC News. Wed, 07 Dec 2016 01:53:30 GMT.
- Beaver rifles through Christmas decorations at a dollar store in America
A beaver's been caught rifling through Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside Washington DC in America.
BBC News. Fri, 02 Dec 2016 08:50:54 GMT.
- One-Hundred Years of Fear: America Has Abdicated Its Leadership of the West
For 100 years, the United States was the leader of the free world. With the election of Donald Trump, America has now abdicated that role. It is time for Europe, and Angela Merkel, to step into the void.
Spiegel Online. Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:25:40 +0100.