Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- Engineering giant GKN rejects £7bn takeover bid
The UK-based engineer whose technology is used by Airbus and Boeing says the offer undervalues the firm.
BBC News. Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:50:12 GMT.
- Orion Engineered Carbons S.A. Announces Closing of Secondary Common Stock Offering
LUXEMBOURG - Orion Engineered Carbons S.A. ...
Business Wire. Fri, 8 Dec 2017 18:00:00 UTC.
- Old Ford Cortina aids nuclear reactor work at Dounreay
The handbrake from a 1968 model was used by an engineer to make a tool to go inside a reactor at Dounreay.
BBC News. Fri, 08 Dec 2017 12:37:38 GMT.
- Can you guess the first text message, sent 25 years ago?
The humble text message is getting a big thumbs-up today. Twenty-five years ago, a British software engineer sat down at his computer and sent the world's first "Short Message Service" or SMS.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 3 Dec 2017 09:07:38 EST.
- More people would likely die if the 1917 Halifax Explosion occurred today
About 2,000 people were killed as a result of the Dec. 6, 1917, blast that flattened parts of the city. A civil engineer says even more would likely die if such an explosion occurred today.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 2 Dec 2017 07:00:00 EST.
- New Alternatives For India's Growing Number Of Retrenched IT Employees
Indian engineers are being laid off, but they might have some alternatives in the form of legal recourse and new job opportunities with startups.
By Sindhuja Balaji, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 31 Jul 2017 19:50:00 -0400.
- Early Stage: SF startup unleashes new feat in genetic engineering
Ravata Solutions says its method is more efficient for injecting genetic modifiers into mice, which means new drugs can come to market sooner.
Yahoo. Thu, 27 Jul 2017 22:45:11 -0400.
- Ultrafast-Charging Solid-State EV Batteries Around The Corner, Toyota Confirms
"We are working on research and development, including the production engineering of solid-state batteries, to commercialize them by the early 2020s."
By Bertel Schmitt, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 25 Jul 2017 06:23:00 -0400.
- Cerner hires former VA IT strategist for EHR team
Cerner Corp. has hired former VA chief information strategy officer David Waltman to work on government strategy, engineering and compliance as part of the EHR vendor's federal team.
Modern Healthcare. Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:00:00 EST.
- Brazil's Odebrecht Paid $3.3B in Bribes, Reports Say
Odebrecht SA , the Brazilian engineering company at the center of a historic corruption scandal, paid about $3.3 billion in bribes over a nine-year period that ran through 2014, according to testimony cited by local media Saturday. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 15 Apr 2017 18:54:13 -0400.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers