Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- How engineering and pharmaceutical companies are bringing six-figure jobs parts of Australia
Highly-skilled jobs are up for grabs from Western Australia to western Sydney, where a pharmaceutical company is going through a recruitment drive.
Daily Mail. Mon, 16 Jul 2018 03:45:18 +0100.
- Love Island's Ellie Jones was 'encouraged' to split up Jack and Dani
Love Island reject Ellie Jones has slammed producers of the series for 'engineering' her to try and split up Jack Fincham and Dani Dyer.
Daily Mail. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 21:22:27 +0100.
- How to Apply and Optimize Your Algorithm When You're Ready to Run With AI
Follow a tried-and-true implementation methodology of purposeful, simple and tested engineering, such as Lean AI, to unlock AI's true potential.
Sourav Dey. Entrepreneur. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:00:00 GMT.
- This Silicon Valley giant now wants to create its own chips to rival Google, Apple
This month, Facebook signaled its ambitions by poaching away Google's senior director of engineering Shahriar Rabii to the Menlo Park-based social network as its head of silicon, according to Bloomberg on Friday.
Seung Lee. San Jose Mercury News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:43:37 +0000.
- Why computer-engineer Barbie matters: a quest to fight stereotypes for girls
University of Washington's Sapna Cheryan has just been named to the Barbie Global Advisory Council. She's studied gender for 15 years and will bring that expertise to the job, aiming to help Barbie have more social impact with girls.
Nicole Brodeur. Seattle Times. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 06:00:27 -0700.
- Bioengineers create pathway to personalized medicine
New work could provide sustainable ways to make chemicals, medicines and biomaterials.
Science Daily. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:34:43 EDT.
- Air Force's Iron Man suit could also be used to power up gadgets
Engineers at the University of Cincinnati are teaming up with Air Force Research Laboratory and working on engineering clothing that could one day power gadgets, including a cell phone.
Chris Ciaccia. Fox News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:01:00 GMT.
- The architectural masterpiece that wouldn't stand up
It took 17 years to build Sydney Opera House. The lead engineer, Sir Jack Zunz, describes how the architect quit, costs spiralled and locals thought it a joke.
BBC News. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 23:40:54 GMT.
- STEM workers attraction to small towns draws tech companies
Bigger isn't always better for cities to attract workers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers, and economic analysts say small towns can offer resources and unique amenities that big cities can't. ...
Julian Gregorio — The Washington Times. Washington Times. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:20:39 -0400.
- Engineered cancer cells can fight primary and metastatic cancer
A new study leverages the power of gene editing, capitalizing on cancer cells' self-homing ability to take a critical step toward using cancer cells to kill cancer.
Science Daily. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:14:04 EDT.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers