Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Agriculture Dept. recalling 2,500 employees without pay to serve farmers on tax issues, loans
The Agriculture Department said Wednesday it's recalling about 2,500 furloughed employees to reopen some Farm Service Agency offices temporarily to help farmers and ranchers with loans and tax filings. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 11:29:48 -0500.
- Right green for crop, environment, wallet
Researchers found an efficient approach to managing nitrogen in agriculture and reducing its environmental impact. It's all about being green.
Science Daily. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 09:06:47 EST.
- High pesticide exposure among farmers linked to poor sense of smell later
A new study has shown an association between unusually high pesticide exposure and poor sense of smell among aging farmers.
Science Daily. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 09:06:39 EST.
- New Diverse Field Crops Cluster Goal to Increase Cropping Options for Farmers
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan - A new Diverse Field Crops Cluster has received over $13 million in federal funding.
Business Wire. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:30:00 UTC.
- Trump serves fast food by candlelight at White House amid shutdown
No talks are scheduled to end the partial government shutdown, now in its 25th day. President Trump flew to New Orleans Monday to speak to a farmers' convention. ...
CBS News. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:55:56 +0000.
- Plugged in Hives Providing Information on Bee Health
Preliminary numbers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) suggest that the population of domesticated US honeybees is still declining. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 02:35:00 -0500.
- Steve King Loses House Committee Seats Over White Supremacy Remark
Republicans voted Monday night to remove Mr. King from the House Judiciary and Agriculture committees after he made remarks questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.
Trip Gabriel, Jonathan Martin and Nicholas Fandos. New York Times. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 02:03:13 GMT.
- Trump Defends Trade Policies to Farmers Feeling the Pinch
In a long speech to farmers on Monday, President Trump asked them to be patient and said his economic policies would pay off in the long-term.
Alan Rappeport. New York Times. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:48:37 GMT.
- As Trump touts achievements, farmers call for an end to the government shutdown
President Donald Trump addressed the Farm Bureau convention on Monday, but spent little time addressing how farmers are hurting during the government shutdown.
ABC News. Mon, 14 Jan 2019 17:58:53 -0500.
- Trump leverages Farm Bureau speech to push immigration agenda
"I like the farmers. What can I do? I like farmers," President Trump said on stage
CBS News. Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:23:32 +0000.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers