Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Hilary Duff dresses up baby bump in tank top as she heads to farmers' market with Matthew Koma
Duff and Koma, who have been dating on and off for over a year, made their pregnancy announcement on June 8. They are expecting a baby girl.
Daily Mail. Mon, 16 Jul 2018 03:10:16 +0100.
- In one Quebec farming town, Mali peacekeeping mission hits close to home
Connections between the residents of Ste-Elisabeth, Que., and the rural Malian village of Sanankoroba date back to 1985.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:33:52 EDT.
- US Farmers Brace for Long Term Impact of Escalating Trade War
U.S. farmers are beginning to feel the effects of tariffs imposed by China in retaliation for U.S. tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminum. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:18:00 -0400.
- Tariffs have soybean farmers fretting over lost income
As Chinese buyers cancel orders, U.S. growers could see a 20 percent drop in income due to the slide in prices
CBS News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 21:32:51 +0000.
- Escalating U.S.-China trade war puts soybean farmers on shaky ground
Farmer Paul Taylor is willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but is still worried about the 25 percent tariff China slapped on U.S. soybeans last week
CBS News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:47:11 +0000.
- Challenging stereotypes in the world of farming
The photographs feature female farmers including an 18-year-old pig farmer.
BBC News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:55:50 GMT.
- To reduce waste, try this instead of that
Small changes help. Bring your own cup for to-go coffee, your own bags for bulk food and the farmers market.
Washington Post Staff. Seattle Times. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:40:21 -0700.
- Like your organic food? Pennsylvania's young farmers are growing it
Young farmers are clinging onto their stake in U.S. agriculture - already largely dominated by older, more experienced agronomists.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 23:17:09 GMT.
- Your fish may contain toxic chemicals, study reveals
The University of Pittsburgh study found that farmers are using feed that contains a type of synthetic flame retardant imported from countries 'without advanced food safety regulations'.
Daily Mail. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:55:22 +0100.
- Fern's sequenced genome holds environmental promise
A tiny fern -- with each leaf the size of a gnat -- may provide global impact for sinking atmospheric carbon dioxide, fixing nitrogen in agriculture and shooing pesky insects from crops. The fern's full genome has now been sequenced.
Science Daily. Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:23:35 EDT.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers