Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Post-Brexit farming funding set out by Michael Gove
Farmers are to receive payments for "public goods", such as planting meadows, instead of subsidies.
BBC News. Thu, 04 Jan 2018 15:35:35 GMT.
- How 'posh coffee' is helping farmers
Consumers are increasingly willing to pay more for ethically sourced coffee, and it's benefiting everyone from the farms who grow the beans to the trendy cafes selling the stuff.
BBC News. Thu, 28 Dec 2017 12:59:27 GMT.
- Central African Republic: ‘Restoring hope,’ UN agriculture agency helps ex-fighters start anew
Over 1,000 ex-fighters in the conflict-riddled Central African Republic (CAR) have traded their weapons for farming equipment, as part of a United Nations initiative, according to the United Nations agriculture agency.
UN News Centre. Fri, 01 Dec 2017 17:44:53 EST.
- Farmers Business Network Raises $110 Million To Help Squeezed Farmers Cut Costs, Increase Profits
Farmers Business Network raises $110 million to help farmers cut costs, gain distribution with the help of technology.
Yahoo. Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:00:00 -0500.
- Member Driven Technologies Opens New Data Center to Strengthen Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. - MDT has opened a new data center in Montana to strengthen disaster recovery and business continuity.
Business Wire. Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:07:00 UTC.
- USDA loaning $2.2M to expand Maine healthcare
U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue earlier in the week announced the agency would give more than $1 billion to healthcare organizations in rural areas of 41 states.
Modern Healthcare. Fri, 24 Nov 2017 11:00:00 EST.
- 'Sheltering the wealthiest': Doctors join farmers, business owners in tax reform protest
With only one day left for public consultation on Finance Minister Bill Morneau's controversial tax reforms, many still have a lot to say about it.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 1 Oct 2017 20:26:31 EDT.
- Farmers market lies exposed: CBC's Marketplace consumer cheat sheet
Miss something this week? Here's the consumer news you need to know from CBC-TV's Marketplace.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sun, 1 Oct 2017 09:00:00 EDT.
- More Funds For Fair Trade Farmers Trying To Expand
RSF Social Finance's Fair Trade Capital Collaborative provides loans based on "trust underwriting".
By Anne Field, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 30 Jul 2017 13:06:00 -0400.
- How Chefs And Bartenders Stay Healthy And Fit During the Summer
The farmers markets are lush with ripe fruits and vegetables and the grills are working overtime. We’re out having fun with friends, dining and imbibing. ...
By Megy Karydes, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:50:00 -0400.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers