- Philadelphia's weekend overdose spike kills 7, sickens more than 110
Seven people were killed and 110 were revived by police and paramedics in an unusual spike in overdoses around Philadelphia this weekend, with many victims displaying symptoms that doctors said were not typical of an opioid overdose. ...
Philadelphia Inquirer. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 03:15:10 GMT.
- Inside MEDIC 911 emergency dispatch center
911-- It's a lifeline for our neighborhoods. If you dial that number there's a good chance you or someone around you needs medical attention.
Fox News. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 03:12:28 GMT.
- HHS Severs Contract With Firm Over Fetal Tissue Research
A $15,900 contract between the FDA and Advanced Bioscience Resources, Inc., was torn up by the Department of Health and Human Services over the use of fetal tissue for medical research purposes.
Newsmax. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:40:35 EDT.
- Doctors are being urged to check for false 'penicillin allergies'
Professor Gillian Leng, deputy chief executive of NICE, warned 'lots of people think they're allergic because it gave them a rash ...that's a very different thing to an allergy.'
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:27:12 +0100.
- More than 2 dozen kids sent to the hospital when school bus overturns
School officials in Pennsylvania say all students were examined by emergency medical personnel and have been released
CBS News. Tue, 25 Sep 2018 00:57:07 +0000.
- Wales tops England on NHS doctors' and dentists' pay deal
The backdated increases put in place all the recommendations made by an independent pay review panel.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:44:48 GMT.
- UnitedHealthcare warns hospitals it may drop major ER doctor network from plans
The insurer is warning hospitals it may drop the nation's largest provider of emergency room physician services from its network starting in January if an agreement is not reached before then.
CNBC. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:00 GMT.
- Doctor Who: Series 11 premieres in Sheffield
Series 11 of the show starring Jodie Whittaker premieres in Sheffield, where the first episode is set.
BBC News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:58:29 GMT.
- When is it OK to drink alcohol while pregnant? Never, doctors say
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy is the biggest cause of preventable birth defects. So why do so many women - and doctors - think it's okay?
Philadelphia Inquirer. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 21:11:16 GMT.
- This savings account can help defray health costs, and you likely don't know much about it
This fall, your employer may offer you a tax-favored way to save for present and future medical costs. Here is what you need to know about the health savings account.
CNBC. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 19:30 GMT.
- U of L researchers help develop spinal implant that helps 3 paralyzed patients take steps
The University of Louisville and the Mayo Clinic performed separate studies published Monday in the New England Journal of Medicine and Nature Medicine.
WDRB - Louisville, Kentucky. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 14:43:00 EDT.
- Medicare enrollment: Beware of these two traps
Making the wrong choices can leave you on the hook for thousand of dollars in uncovered medical expenses
CBS News. Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:25:46 +0000.