- China's 'Dallas Buyers Club' is surprise box-office hit
The screen portrayal of a cancer sufferer whose illegal import of foreign medicines into China spurred national policy changes has become a box-office ...
Daily Mail. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 03:34:49 +0100.
- Medical Examiner Releases Suspect's Name in Shooting
A teen who stole a car, crashed it into a creek and raised a gun at authorities before he was shot and killed by police has been identified. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 21:16:37 -0500.
- Heatwave causes spike in insect bite calls to NHS
Horsefly bites are painful and can lead to a skin infection that may require antibiotics, say doctors.
BBC News. Sun, 15 Jul 2018 00:59:31 GMT.
- WATCH: The 12 boys rescued from a cave in Thailand speak out while recovering
Doctors say the 12 boys and their coach could be released by Thursday.
ABC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:12:21 -0400.
- My baby nephew was dying and his mother's response was unforgettable
My seven-month-old nephew Canaan was dying and nobody knew it, including his doctor, who had misdiagnosed his digestive issues.
Joshua Rogers. Fox News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:38:00 GMT.
- Despite detente, sanctions on North Korea fan TB epidemic
Despite post-summit detente, ongoing sanctions are keeping lifesaving medicines from North Korean tuberculosis patients and could fan a regional epidemic
ABC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:28:30 -0400.
- The eye doctor who could not see the stars
Dr Andrew Bastawrous has invented an app that has been shown in clinical trials to help more children see clearly.
BBC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 01:19:24 GMT.
- FDA warns of fake warning letters
U.S. health authorities are alerting consumers to a new scam involving fake government warning letters sent to people who tried to buy medicines online or over the phone.
Fox News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:13:16 GMT.
- She felt a tingling in her legs. Doctors found tapeworm larvae in her spine.
It's Friday the 13th, so here's a real-life horror story brought to you by French doctors via a paper in the New England Journal of Medicine this week. ...
Filipa Ioannou, Sfgate. San Antonio Express News. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:08:31 UTC.
- Volunteers shave their heads for childhood cancer fundraiser
Nebraska Medicine raises a grand total of $109,000 for St. Baldrick's Foundation. The foundation raises money for childhood cancer research.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:00:00 GMT.
- Thailand cave rescue: Diver Richard Harris opens up about experience on flight home
Legendary Australian doctor and hero diver Richard Harris has penned a touching and emotional account of how their Thai cave rescue mission became a reality.Dr "Harry" Harris shared a touching Facebook post as he returned home ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:57:42 +1200.
- Within opioid abuse epidemic, infectious disease epidemic emerges
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - There is a new epidemic of hepatitis C, HIV, and other infections within the opioid abuse epidemic, according to participants in a National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine workshop.
Reuters. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:01:40 -0400.