- Dallas woman who went to Mexico for plastic surgery now in hospice
Laura Avila's family statement said she was "mistreated by doctors in Mexico" and she "would not want her tragic experience to pass in vain"
CBS News. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 03:03:30 +0000.
- Urgent background checks are ordered on 3,000 doctors
Zholia Alemi, 56, worked as an NHS psychiatrist for 22 years when she came to work in the UK in 1992 despite not having any qualifications and was not checked by the General Medical Council.
Daily Mail. Mon, 19 Nov 2018 01:57:44 +0000.
- Naloxone: The life-saving drug more Americans need
With over 115 Americans dying a day in the opioid epidemic, naloxone has become a necessity for first responders, doctors and everyday people, as Lesley Stahl reports for "60 Minutes"
CBS News. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 21:50:47 +0000.
- New Brazil Leader Threatens to Kick Cuba Doctors Out
A decision by Cuba to call home more than 8,300 medical workers in Brazil will be a devastating blow to the island's shaky economy, the Miami Herald.
Newsmax. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:51:19 EDT.
- Egypt Sentences ISIS Supporter To Death For Murdering Christian Doctor
'He stabbed the doctor to death'
Joshua Gill. Daily Caller. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:26:22 +0000.
- Police say woman assaulted autistic man
Investigators say the victim stated the suspect cut him with a knife and had him squeeze blood into an empty medicine container.
WDRB - Louisville, Kentucky. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 11:09:00 EST.
- UTEP grad leaves DC to run Strayer University's Downtown site; Bio El Paso-Juarez forms
El Paso businesspeople in the news at Strayer University, Medical Center of the Americas, UTEP, New York Life, Helen of Troy and more.
Vic Kolenc, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:00:02 -0500.
- India's first elephant hospital cheers animal activists, draws tourists
At India's first hospital for elephants, opened last week in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, 49-year old Asha placed her left foreleg on a stool for a doctor to attend to an injury while visitors filmed it all on their mobile phones.
Reuters. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 05:48:54 -0500.
- Houston Charity Helps Disabled Pakistani Children Rebuild Their Lives
A Houston-based charity is helping disabled children from Pakistan rebuild their lives by bringing them to United States and treating them with the help of U.S. doctors and surgeons. ...
Voice of America. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 02:35:00 -0500.
- What this grandfather thought was just a runny nose turned out to be something much scarier
A doctor says a North Carolina grandfather's "runny nose" was actually something that could have been fatal
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 17 Nov 2018 17:47:00 GMT.
- Egyptian Sentenced to Death in Killing of Christian Doctor
A man accused of supporting the Islamic State was convicted in the stabbing death as the militants have targeted Egyptian Christians over their support for President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
The Associated Press. New York Times. Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:44:15 GMT.
- Midwest women join climate change group in Antarctica
CHICAGO (AP) - "Chicago is the coldest place I've ever been," said Jing Hu, who came from southern China to do her postdoctoral work in materials science at Argonne National Laboratory outside Chicago. ...
Kari Lydersen Of Energy News Network.. Washington Times. Sat, 17 Nov 2018 01:01:00 -0500.