- Amazon could make a big impact in health by helping people eat better
Amazon is in position to work with employers and health systems to bring better food to workers
CNBC. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:15 GMT.
- Tanzania's John Magufuli says prisoners are free labour
President Magufuli says prisoners should work long hours, grow their food and have no conjugal visits.
BBC News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 19:36:48 GMT.
- How a rise in food deliveries is changing the restaurant industry
According to a recent study, the number of deliveries is up 10 percent overall
CBS News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:11:52 +0000.
- Thai soccer players eager to eat their favorite foods as they wait to go home
Their said their wish list includes slow-cooked pork leg with steamed rice, fried crispy pork, sushi and KFC -- and they thanked their rescuers
CBS News. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:57:52 +0000.
- FDA to more aggressively tackle disruptive drug shortages
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Thursday it wants to more aggressively fight medication shortages that have led to rationing of some drugs and disrupted patient care.
Newsmax. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 11:00:09 EDT.
- Homeless man serenades woman who bought him food
Cristala Poole decided to do 35 acts of kindness for her 35th birthday. She was blessed with a lovely tune by a stranger.
WBTV - Charlotte, North Carolina. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:02:00 EDT.
- FDA recalls heart medications over cancer concerns
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has announced a recall of several heart drugs that contain a possibly carcinogenic impurity.
Josh White. WBTV - Charlotte, North Carolina. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:13:00 EDT.
- This Is The Only Cookbook Our Food Editor Depends On For Southern Classics
The Southern Living Cookbook, first published in 1987, is my favorite cookbook for classic Southern recipes an
Southern Living. Southern Living. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 17:31:48 +0000.
- The Obamas' White House chef would have us all 'Eat a Little Better'
A look at the new cookbook from the former senior advisor for nutrition policy in the Obama administration, plus a recipe for his mustard green salad.
Amy Scattergood. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:00:00 PDT.
- Good fats, bad fats, and why the ketogenic diet matters
Trans fats, which started out as a healthy alternative, and then were proven to be anything but healthy, are being shut out of the food supply. Time to get back to basics and stop fearing real fats.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:26:27 GMT.
- Here's a Brilliantly Simple Way to Organize the Food Container Lids Taking Over Your Cabinets
Spend less time searching for matching lids.
Michele Debczak. Mental Floss. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:15:00 -0400.
- Rising Greenhouse Gases Making Food Less Nutritious
Temperatures around the world are rising as humans burn coal, oil and other fossil fuels for energy. Burning those fuels releases heat-trapping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. But it does more than that. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 01:45:00 -0400.