- Hormel Recalls Pork, Chicken Products After Reports of Metal in Some Cans
Hormel Foods Corp., the company that produces Spam, is recalling some of its pork and chicken products that may be contaminated with pieces of metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Safety Inspection Service announced Saturday.
Newsmax. Sat, 26 May 2018 21:46:02 EDT.
- 28th annual Kentucky Reggae Festival makes its way to Water Tower Park for Memorial Day weekend
The three-day festival mixes Jamaican culture while showcasing its food, music and Caribbean street vendors.
WDRB - Louisville, Kentucky. Sat, 26 May 2018 21:38:00 EDT.
- Gross! Man finds fake fingernail inside burger at fast food restaurant
When it comes to grossing out customers, you could say one fast food joint really nailed it.
ABC News. Sun, 27 May 2018 01:33:47 UTC.
- Khalsa Day Celebration in Kent
Thousands of Sikhs and other community members join the Khalsa Day Celebration in Kent and marked the day with sacred hymns, vegetarian food and a parade.
Seattle Times Staff. Seattle Times. Sat, 26 May 2018 17:47:29 -0700.
- Hormel Foods recalls SPAM after pieces of metal found in some cans
The US Department of Agriculture says the products in question were produced from Feb. 8 - 10 of this year.
Jordan Smith. WBTV - Charlotte, North Carolina. Sat, 26 May 2018 20:35:00 EDT.
- Homeless man spends money getting food for other homeless people
A homeless man from New York was given a reward for returning a lost wallet. But then his actions surprise everyone with his extraordinary acts of kindness towards other homeless people.
Daily Mail. Sat, 26 May 2018 21:16:50 +0100.
- Your Instagram-ready summer getaway starts here...
Lounging poolside with a pitcher of margaritas was once considered the perfect midyear break. But these days, not so much. Instagram-ready sunrise asanas and plant-based food trucks have replaced sleeping in and heaving buffet spreads. ...
Kavita Daswani. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 26 May 2018 06:00:00 PDT.
- PepsiCo to Acquire the Fruit and Veggie Snack Maker Bare Foods
The deal is the latest move by the food and beverage conglomerate to increase its offerings of healthy snacks.
Julie Creswell. New York Times. Sat, 26 May 2018 12:20:54 GMT.
- From history to food to holiday travel: Memorial Day by the numbers
Did you know 25 states claim to be the birthplace of Memorial Day? And the number of hot dogs Americans consume between now and Labor Day is ... a lot.
ABC News. Fri, 25 May 2018 22:51:39 UTC.
- Daily Briefing, May 26
PepsiCo buys Bare Foods Continuing to bet that consumers want to crunch on healthier snack items, PepsiCo announced Friday that it is acquiring Bare Foods, a San Francisco maker of baked fruit and vegetable snacks. ...
Chronicle Staff and News Services. SFGATE. Fri, 25 May 2018 22:50:20 UTC.
- Chicken Pot Pie Lawsuit Against KFC Alleges Permanent Damage From Bone
A chicken pot pie lawsuit by a Maine man is alleges a local KFC restaurant caused permanent damages by serving him a piece of bone in his food.
Newsmax. Fri, 25 May 2018 15:45:48 EDT.
- UN issues another dire warning about Yemeni starvation risks
The United Nations aid chief urged the Saudi-led military coalition which controls Yemen's ports to expedite imports of vital food and fuel supplies, warning that a further 10 million Yemenis could face starvation by year-end.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 25 May 2018 12:54:05 EDT.