- Welcome back, baseball: The best Cubs and White Sox photos from spring training
As the Cubs and White Sox kick off spring training in Arizona, photographers get a chance to see the players in the most casual environment we see all season. Click here for more Cubs photos from Sloan Park. ...
Brian Cassella. Chicago Tribune. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:00:00 PST.
- Local engineers and environmental consultants see road and bridge upgrades as most critical (Infrastructure)
Local firm executives also detailed some of the key projects they've been involved with and major issues confronting their profession.
Brandon Sawyer. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:17:18 +0000.
- Balance-sheet pressures weigh heavily on community lenders
Banks and credit unions are experimenting with ways to maximize margins in an environment where the yield curve is flat, depositors want them to pay up and they fear the Fed could actually cut rates.
American Banker. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:39:51 GMT.
- Wave Of Police Raids Amid Russia's Trash Protests
Protests against waste disposal sites in Russia have prompted a wave of police raids. Protesters say they're being targeted for raising legitimate environmental concerns.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:31:00 +0000.
- Banning Plastic: How Jamaica Moved To Save Its Environment
Jamaica is introducing a ban on single-use plastic bags, plastic straws and Styrofoam in a bid to reduce the impact plastic is having on the environment. In this interview with Senator Matthew Samuda we discuss how the ban was implemented.
By James Ellsmoor, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 06:25:00 -0500.
- Indonesia land-burning fines unpaid years after fires
Indonesian plantation companies fined for burning huge areas of land since 2009 have failed to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in penalties meant to hold them accountable for actions that took a devastating environmental and human toll
ABC News. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:42:38 -0500.
- UPDATE 1-U.S. court dismisses Energy Transfer Partners lawsuit against Greenpeace
A federal court in North Dakota has dismissed a lawsuit from Energy Transfer Partners LP against environmental group Greenpeace, according to a court order on Thursday.
Reuters. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:33:39 -0500.
- Trump's company scraps plans for new hotel chains, blaming politics
President Trump's company is scrapping plans for two new hotel chains announced two years ago, casting blame in part on a hostile political environment. ...
Associated Press. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:30:00 PST.
- PG&E's Bankruptcy Shows Blindspots in Green Investing
The bankruptcy filing by PG&E is the latest stumble by a company rated highly by environmentally focused investors, further exposing a weakness in a scoring system meant to measure risk for shareholders.
Wall Street Journal. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:19:04 EST.
- Less development planned in Placer Ranch project
As the Placer Ranch Specific Plan moves toward the end of environmental review, its potential for future development is changing.
Ben Van Der Meer. American City Business Journals. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:40:31 +0000.
- Hershey Offers Investors Certainty In An Uncertain Time
Hershey offers equity investors an attractive risk/reward balance for the present environment.
By Michael Cannivet, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:55:00 -0500.
- Weight-lifting grandmother shows off incredible physique in bikini competitions
Terry Coulter, from Tennessee, grew up in a very active environment with parents that ran on a daily basis. The now 58 year old picked up on these running habits, as well as a number of sports.
Daily Mail. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:48:12 GMT.