Aggregated Contracting News Articles
- From travel to IPOs, how shutdown is upsetting US economy
WASHINGTON (AP) - Delta Air Lines can't get eight new aircraft in the air. Roughly a million government employees and contractors aren't being paid. ...
Christopher Rugaber. Washington Times. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 03:00:50 -0500.
- Chicago Teachers Union prepares for contract negotiations; current deal expires in June
The union for Chicago Public Schools teachers is preparing to start negotiating a new contract as their current agreement expires at the end of June.
ABC News. Wed, 16 Jan 2019 00:38:21 UTC.
- Saudi teen who fled to Canada believes she'll inspire others to do the same as she shows knees
Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, 18, has received multiple threats online, said Mario Calla, executive director of Costi, a refugee agency contracted by the Canadian government to help her settle in Toronto.
Daily Mail. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 23:43:25 GMT.
- U.S. Supreme Court rules against forced arbitration in California port trucker case
A new U.S. Supreme Court decision will mean contract workers can't be compelled to accept private arbitration to avoid disputes.
Jack Katzanek. San Jose Mercury News. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 19:36:54 +0000.
- Thirst For Yield Quenchable With BB-Rated Paper
Tight spreads, what we now have, can last for years. Spreads contract when gdp accelerates because nobody is concerned with declining fixed charges coverage. BB corporates rose over 14% in 2014, the best return for all U.S. ...
By Martin Sosnoff, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:35:00 -0500.
- Tenet inks multiyear contracts with Humana, Anthem
Tenet Healthcare Corp. has signed contracts with Humana and Anthem. Combined with its recent Cigna contract, the health system is 92% contracted, according to CEO Ron Rittenmeyer.
Modern Healthcare. Tue, 15 Jan 2019 12:09:00 EST.
- Massachusetts weighing offering benefits to federal workers
Gov. Baker says his administration is exploring ways to offer state unemployment benefits to federal workers and contractors who are not being paid because of the partial federal government shutdown.
Associated Press. Boston.com. Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:17:26 +0000.
- LA Teachers Go on Strike in 2nd-Largest US School District
Tens of thousands of Los Angeles teachers went on strike Monday after contentious contract negotiations failed in the nation's second-largest school district. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:00:09 -0500.
- Los Angeles teachers go on strike after failed negotiations with district
More than 25,000 teachers in Los Angeles won't be going to work Monday after a breakdown in contract talks. The strike in the nation's second largest school district affects more than 1,000 schools and more than 600,000 students. ...
CBS News. Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:33:40 +0000.
- Detroit auto show, and industry, prepare for transition
The auto industry gathered Sunday in Detroit, on the eve of the last winter edition of North America's premiere auto show, as carmakers grapple with a contracting market and uncertainty in the year ahead. ...
Yahoo. Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:52:06 -0500.
Two Building Contractors
Information about Contractors
The News - News and Commentary about Contracting and Contractors