Aggregated Architecture News Articles
- Practicing Architecture in a Pandemic
A year after opening the Shed, Elizabeth Diller is trying to adjust to a world in which she and colleagues can no longer kick around ideas in person.
Robin Pogrebin. New York Times. Thu, 28 May 2020 19:53:59 +0000.
- Pharrell's glass-covered compound comes to market in Hollywood Hills
In Hollywood Hills, Grammy-winning artist is asking $11.95 million for his striking architectural home overlooking the city.
Jack Flemming. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 27 May 2020 15:00:57 -0400.
- How Renaissance Architects Designed Italy's Imposing Domes
A new study offers key insights into how engineers built the rounded structures without using supports
Smithsonian. Tue, 26 May 2020 11:00:00 +0000.
- Marcel Ospel, Architect of the Swiss Bank UBS, Is Dead at 70
He built a global colossus that nearly toppled during the financial crisis of 2008, a plunge that required a bailout and led to his resignation.
Stanley Reed. New York Times. Sat, 23 May 2020 11:23:16 +0000.
- A stitch in time: How a quantum physicist invented new code from old tricks
Building large-scale quantum computers will require suppression of errors. Scientists have used a neat trick to apply powerful 3D error-suppression codes in a 2D architecture, something one industry insider said many thought was impossible.
Science Daily. Fri, 22 May 2020 14:51:51 EDT.
- Kings of Angkor Wat may have been the architects of their own downfall
Researchers studying the ancient Khmer civilisation which thrived in modern-day Cambodia for 600 years wanted to discover the reason for its 15th -century decline.
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 May 2020 17:13:49 GMT.
- Light, fantastic: The path ahead for faster, smaller computer processors
Photonic chips have huge potential for the future of computers and telecommunications. Physicists have now developed hybrid architecture to overcome some of the engineering hurdles facing this technology.
Science Daily. Fri, 15 May 2020 11:56:30 EDT.
- Inside the incredible boutique treetop hotel in Bali that boasts luxurious four-poster beds
This jaw-dropping hidden treehouse lodge in Ubud - described as an 'an architectural experience for adventurers' - is made up of three 39ft-tall towers.
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 May 2020 12:42:30 GMT.
- Coronavirus: Architect keeps lockdown sketchbook 'diary'
Prof Alan Dunlop has so far filled three books with drawings of family life over the past eight weeks.
BBC News. Tue, 12 May 2020 23:26:30 GMT.
- Two men and a dog chasing an Arctic dream in a lifeboat
Two architects bought a retired Scottish ferry lifeboat and converted it for the adventure of a lifetime.
BBC News. Sat, 02 May 2020 23:48:25 GMT.
Office Building Architecture
Information about Architecture
The News - News and Commentary about Architecture and Architects