Aggregated Architecture News Articles
- From 1979: Architect I.M. Pei on the JFK Library
I.M. Pei, one of the most heralded of 20th century architects, died on May 16, 2019 at the age of 102. ...
CBS News. Wed, 22 May 2019 01:32:04 -0400.
- Architects of post-9/11 CIA interrogation program to testify
Two former CIA contractors who designed the harsh interrogation program used after the Sept. 11 attacks are being summoned to testify before the military tribunal at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, detention center.
Fox News. Mon, 20 May 2019 22:15:39 GMT.
- Professor rethinks living spaces for refugee camps
New technologies have made the world smaller. A professor of interior architecture asks how architects respond to shifting perspectives of space for displaced people.
Science Daily. Mon, 20 May 2019 15:30:16 EDT.
- CO Architects Driven By Focus On Collaborative Design
Relationships within the firm and with clients have yielded a compelling portfolio of institutional projects
Engineering News-Record. Mon, 20 May 2019 13:32:00 -0400.
- GM previews new electronic architecture that will reach most vehicles by 2023 - Roadshow
It'll make its production debut on the Cadillac CT5.
Andrew Krok. CNET. Mon, 20 May 2019 15:55:28 +0000.
- Florence: A renaissance city
For centuries the Italian city of Florence has been a hub of trade and commerce, and an historic center for art and architecture. Jane Pauley explores Florentine history.
CBS News. Sun, 19 May 2019 14:18:50 +0000.
- I.M. Pei's legacy stretched from the West to the East
BEIJING (AP) - The legacy of American architect I.M. Pei stretches from west to east, from the Louvre museum to his native China, where he helped fuse tradition and modernity as the country opened up after the Cultural Revolution. ...
Yanan Wang and Kathy Mccormack. Washington Times. Fri, 17 May 2019 05:30:11 -0400.
- I M Pei, Louvre pyramid architect, dies aged 102
Tributes are paid to the man whose iconic buildings also include the Museum of Islamic Art in Qatar.
BBC News. Fri, 17 May 2019 05:47:21 GMT.
- I.M. Pei, Master Architect Whose Buildings Dazzled the World, Dies at 102
Mr. Pei, a committed modernist, was one of the few architects equally attractive to real estate developers, corporate chieftains and art museum boards.
Paul Goldberger. New York Times. Fri, 17 May 2019 01:30:09 GMT.
- I.M. Pei, acclaimed architect of buildings known around the world, dies at 102
I.M. Pei, whose acclaimed architecture transformed the built environment around the world, has died at age 102.
Yahoo. Thu, 16 May 2019 20:52:56 -0400.
Office Building Architecture
Information about Architecture
The News - News and Commentary about Architecture and Architects