Aggregated Architecture News Articles
- Electrical engineers develop 'beyond 5G' wireless transceiver
An end-to-end transmitter-receiver is a 4.4-millimeter-square silicon chip that is capable of processing digital signals with significantly greater speed and energy efficiency because of its unique digital-analog architecture.
Science Daily. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 07:37:29 EDT.
- A moderate dose of novel form of stress promotes longevity
A newly described form of stress called chromatin architectural defect, or chromatin stress, triggers in cells a response that leads to a longer life.
Science Daily. Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:39:23 EDT.
- Robie House, Unity Temple among 8 Frank Lloyd Wright buildings added to World Heritage list
The work of famed American architect Frank Lloyd Wright was recognized Sunday as eight of his buildings, including Chicago's Frederick C. Robie House and The Unity Temple in Oak Park, were added to the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 08 Jul 2019 23:17:22 +0000.
- MaRS architectural design studio recognized for two commercial projects
Houston-based architecture and design firm MaRS, Mayfield and Ragni Studio has been recognized for its work on two commercial projects with 2019 AIA Houston Design Awards.
Katherine Feser. Houston Chronicle. Thu, 4 Jul 2019 13:00:00 UTC.
- Women's World Cup: The English coaches driving USA success
Meet the English duo hoping to be the architects of their home nation's World Cup semi-final defeat on Tuesday.
BBC News. Mon, 01 Jul 2019 07:54:15 GMT.
- How A 'Dual Agent' Learned About Project Design Controls: A Book Excerpt
In 1997, after a 30-year career as a practicing architect, I felt the need for industry change.
Engineering News-Record. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:20:00 -0400.
- Canada's national security landscape will get a major overhaul this summer
Canada's national security architecture is about to undergo a major demolition and rebuild this summer, now that C-59 has received royal assent.
CBC News. Sun, 23 Jun 2019 04:00:00 EDT.
- Dior brings art to Paris fashion for sculpted men's show
PARIS (AP) - Dior brought art to Paris Fashion Week Friday as designer Kim Jones used a monumental plaster sculpture on the runway to inspire his architectural show. ...
Thomas Adamson. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 14:20:22 -0400.
- Trump to award Medal of Freedom to tax-cut guru Arthur Laffer
As one of the chief architects of "supply-side" economics, theorist promoted the idea that slashing taxes drives growth
CBS News. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 14:53:39 -0400.
- 137 Years After Construction Began, La Sagrada Familia Receives Building Permit
The church's trustees hope to complete construction by 2026, the centenary of architect Antoni Gaudi's death
Smithsonian. Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:12:04 +0000.
Office Building Architecture
Information about Architecture
The News - News and Commentary about Architecture and Architects