Aggregated Architecture News Articles
- Architect's Solution to Housing Shortage is Pre-Fab Homes
There is a housing crisis in many parts of the developed world. Low-cost housing is disappearing, rents and mortgages are going up, and that's slowly destroying the middle-class dream of owning a home. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 23 Mar 2019 01:45:00 -0400.
- The High End: A Condo Inspired by Japanese Aesthetics
The 12-story building that will replace the Church of the Redeemer in Boerum Hill borrows from Japanese architecture and gardens.
Kaya Laterman. New York Times. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:22:33 GMT.
- San Antonio architect Callins, 94, loved his church and all things Greek
Peter George Callins, 94, whose family helped found an historic church, designed iconic structures in San Antonio.
By Melissa Fletcher Stoeltje, Staff Writer. San Antonio Express News. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:32:23 UTC.
- The High End: An Architectural Do-Over
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill has designed a 32-story luxury condo to replace a 12-story office building on the Upper West Side that it built in 1966.
Jane Margolies. New York Times. Fri, 15 Mar 2019 20:29:38 GMT.
- Tour A Minimalist Home With Luxe Marble Accents
Marble, glass, and mirrored details define the character of an artistic, minimalist home by TRG Architecture + Interior Design.
By Dering Hall, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:53:00 -0400.
- Top Marvel exec: Expect more women on both sides of the camera - CNET
Avengers architect Victoria Alonso talks about Marvel's commitment to diversity -- and why it took the studio so long to hire a woman director.
Patricia Puentes. CNET. Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:01:03 +0000.
- Colby announces architect, operator for hotel project
WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) - Maine's Colby College has named an architect and operator for a boutique hotel it plans to open next year. The 50-room hotel is part of Waterville's downtown revitalization project. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 08 Mar 2019 00:25:12 -0500.
- Last major piece of William Abraham's long-held Downtown portfolio sells for $1.3 million
The $1.3 million sale of the Toltec Club Building ends bankrupt William "Billy" Abraham's longtime hold on Downtown architectural gems
Vic Kolenc, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:00:08 -0500.
- New Study Offers Clues to Dominance of Curve-Filled Museum Designs
Architects are more likely than non-experts to deem curvilinear spaces beautiful, but less likely to enter curved over straight-edged rooms
Smithsonian. Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:30:32 +0000.
- Pritzker Prize: Japanese architect Arata Isozaki wins highest honour
Arata Isozaki is the 46th Pritzker laureate and the eighth Japanese architect to receive the honour.
BBC News. Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:16:00 GMT.
Office Building Architecture
Information about Architecture
The News - News and Commentary about Architecture and Architects