Aggregated Design News Articles
- France to ban companies from using 'steak' and 'sausage' to describe plant-based food
'It will not be possible to use sector-specific terminology traditionally associated with meat and fish to designate products that do not belong to the animal world,' the official decree read
Daily Mail. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:04:50 +0100.
- New Zealand Designates Proud Boys a Terrorist Group
The far-right Proud Boys are not known to operate in the country, but the designation makes it illegal for New Zealanders to support them.
Daniel Victor. New York Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:46:13 +0000.
- From the Archives: San Diego's 1957 Children's Zoo encouraged animal encounters
Sixty-five years ago, after three years of planning and construction, the San Diego Children's Zoo designed by Charles Faust opened on the site of the old Japanese Tea Garden at the southeast corner of the zoo at a cost of $150,000.
Merrie Monteagudo. San Diego Union Tribune. Fri, 1 Jul 2022 11:50:09 GMT.
- Pro stay-at-home daughter shares glimpse into lavish lifestyle, spends $50K a day of parents' money
Roma Abdesselam, 26, from New York, hasn't worked in two years, and she forks out thousands of dollars a day on luxury designer goods, all of which she puts on her parent's credit cards.
Daily Mail. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 21:29:10 GMT.
- Apple Patent Reveals Radical New iPhone Design Upgrades
Apple's new smartphone technology could let you use your iPhone painlessly in the rain or even underwater.
By Paul Monckton, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 18:33:51 -0400.
- Makeover for Scotland's baby box scheme ahead of fifth anniversary
A toothbrush, updated clothing designs and new books are among the free items for newborns.
BBC News. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:07:54 GMT.
- These Global Cities Have The Highest Cost Of Living
A newly released ranking compares prices and housing costs in more than 200 cities to help employers design compensation for expats. ...
By Anthony Tellez, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:49:30 -0400.
- Redesign Around Notre-Dame to Keep Tourists Moving and Lower Temperatures
Plans call for more trees around the famed Paris cathedral, which is being rebuilt after a devastating 2019 fire, and for a cooling system in front of the building.
Aurelien Breeden. New York Times. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 19:43:28 +0000.
- Ukraine war: Russian fashion designers feel sanctions bite
Designers at Moscow Fashion Week wonder how they can stay in business without access to imported materials.
BBC News. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:39:07 GMT.
- The Problem With Experiential Learning
Many gamification-style learning experiences are designed to encourage extroverted and neurotypical behaviors, which can often lead to further marginalization and a lack of safety for already marginalized people.
Angela Cox, Phd. Entrepreneur. Thu, 23 Jun 2022 20:30:00 GMT.
Contemporary Design Rendering
Information about Design and Designers
The News - News and Commentary about Design and Designers