Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Ukraine Approves Legislation in Bid for IMF Aid
The bill, long pushed by economists to stimulate investment in agriculture, was approved by 259 votes out of 450 late Monday.
Voice of America. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:20:55 -0400.
- Deadline for rural broadband internet grants extended
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended a deadline for funding requests by rural communities and businesses seeking to improve high-speed broadband internet access. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:56:17 -0400.
- Farmers concerned about disruptions to spring seeding, livestock operations amid COVID-19
While it may be easier for farmers to self-isolate than for other professions, they, too, are unable to hide from the widespread impacts of the coronavirus.
CBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:00:00 EDT.
- Already struggling farmers hit hard by coronavirus
Daron Babcock started a small urban farm in Texas, but his business has been stunted during the deadly pandemic.
CBS News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:16:17 -0400.
- Local farmers open virtual farmers market to fill gap left by restaurant orders during COVID-19
The closing of restaurants during COVID-19 has also impacted food adjacent industries, and local Chicago farmers are finding unique ways to pivot their businesses in virtual farmers markets.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 00:48:53 +0000.
- Dairy farmers 'could go under' despite milk demand rise
Main UK milk processor Freshways says its price cut was forced by a drop in pub and coffee shop trade.
BBC News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 00:02:20 GMT.
- Enviros sue feds to protect rare marsh bird under threat from LNG industry
Environmentalists sued the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to protect a rare marsh bird whose coastal habitat is being lost to urbanization, agriculture, climate change and some say, the liquefied natural gas industry.
Sergio Chapa, Houston Chronicle. Houston Chronicle. Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:02:25 UTC.
- Crop diversity can buffer the effects of climate change
Researchers found that farms with diverse crops planted together provide more secure, stable habitats for wildlife and are more resilient to climate change than the single-crop standard that dominates today's agriculture industry.
Science Daily. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:37:04 EDT.
- Pearl Farmers Market to offer online ordering, curbside pickup in wake of coronavirus closure
Starting Friday, the Pearl Farmers Market will offer online ordering and curbside pickup to help both local businesses and their customers during the coronavirus shutdowns.
Taylor Pettaway. San Antonio Express News. Tue, 17 Mar 2020 19:52:35 UTC.
- COVID-19 restrictions on migrant workers will be devastating, Ontario farmers warn
COVID-19 travel restrictions announced yesterday by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would prevent seasonal workers from entering Canada, something Ontario farmers say will devastate their industry and could even lead to food shortages.
CBC News. Tue, 17 Mar 2020 14:33:06 EDT.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers