Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Gene-edited animal plan to relieve poverty in Africa
Researchers in Edinburgh develop gene-edited farm animals for poor farmers in Africa.
BBC News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:00:46 GMT.
- Committee advances governor's final cabinet nominee
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - A legislative committee is backing the Maine governor's pick to lead the state's department that oversees agriculture. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 00:39:01 -0500.
- Cows Can Swipe Right for Love on This New Dating App
Tudder is looking to change the livestock industry by letting farmers look for breeding mates for their cattle with an app
Smithsonian. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:45:12 +0000.
- Machine learning detects importance of land stewardship in conservation policy
At the southern tip of the Himalayas, farmers in the Kangra region of India's Himachal Pradesh graze cattle among rolling hills and forests. The forests, under management by the state or farmer cooperatives, are thriving. ...
Science Daily. Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:48:40 EST.
- With 'On-the-Go' Loans and Tech, Social Firm Boosts Myanmar Farmers
A social venture in Myanmar is boosting farm outputs with customized technologies and giving loans for seasonal migration to raise incomes in one of the world's poorest countries. ...
Voice of America. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:59:47 -0500.
- Winter storms blamed for 1,600 cow deaths in Yakima Valley
The Yakima Valley Dairy Farmers Association blames cold temperatures and winds gusting to 80 mph for the cattle deaths.
The Associated Press. Seattle Times. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 14:34:32 -0800.
- At Valentine's Day, Customs agents at Bush have little time to stop, smell roses
Feb 14. is a busy time for Customs at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, with the number of roses double or triple what the office usually receives, said Gisel Medina Bobe, a Customs and Border Protection agriculture specialist.
By Samantha Ketterer, Staff Writer. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 06:00:00 UTC.
- Aquaculture does little, if anything, to conserve wild fisheries
New research finds that aquaculture, or fish farming, does not help conserve wild fisheries.
Science Daily. Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:15:25 EST.
- Italian farmers spill milk in protest at low prices
Thousands of litres of milk are spilled in Sardinia's streets as farmers protest against low prices.
BBC News. Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:16:11 GMT.
- A new law decrees French supermarkets must get greedier
The agriculture ministry is forcing retailers to raise the price of staple foods
Economist. Sat, 09 Feb 2019 00:00:00 +0000.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers