Aggregated Farming News Articles
- Botswana to Allow Farmers Keep Wildlife to Boost Agro-Tourism
President Mokgweetsi Masisi says the country's tourism sector needs a boost after the severe impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Voice of America. Sun, 31 May 2020 14:32:04 -0400.
- Inslee announces new requirements to slow spread of COVID-19 in agriculture industries where outbreaks are on the rise
Inslee cited farmworkers' recent protests as he rolled out new measures that require employers to provide masks and other protective equipment and more hand-washing stations for workers.
Hal Bernton. Seattle Times. Thu, 28 May 2020 19:25:51 -0700.
- Charity's 'concern' at number of beavers culled in Scotland
A total of 87 beavers were shot under licence in Scotland as part of efforts to prevent damage to agriculture.
BBC News. Thu, 28 May 2020 12:11:18 GMT.
- Farm delivery website aims to help local farmers during COVID19 pandemic
Two friends, David Pham and Jason Curesco, created the Farms That Are Delivering website to help local farmers in Illinois and beyond with business.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 25 May 2020 21:44:38 +0000.
- Liz Truss accused of being willing to sacrifice British agriculture for US deal
Critics say Liz Truss wants to turn the UK into a 'pariah state' by allowing the import of cheap foods pumped with antibiotics and hormones which could drive British farmers out of business.
Daily Mail. Sun, 24 May 2020 23:30:05 +0100.
- Pig-hunting derby in Guam to feed families amid pandemic
HAGATNA, Guam (AP) - The Department of Agriculture in Guam has invited hunters to participate in a pig-hunting derby to provide food for families in need during the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 23 May 2020 18:20:59 -0400.
- Farmer feels betrayed after MPs failed to stop food sales in Britain using lower safety standards
Andrew Ward (pictured), who has 1,600 acres of land in Lincolnshire, said farmers were betrayed after bid to protect Britain from low-standard imports was torpedoed.
Daily Mail. Sat, 23 May 2020 22:10:39 +0100.
- Robot dog tries to herd sheep
The Spot robot was designed for search and rescue - but may find work in the farming industry.
BBC News. Thu, 21 May 2020 16:49:15 GMT.
- Wuhan has banned eating wild animals and nearby provinces are offering farmers cash to stop breeding exotic livestock
China's fur trade will continue, though, and farmers can still raise wild animals for medicine, entertainment, or research.
Yahoo. Thu, 21 May 2020 07:30:49 -0400.
- Coronavirus Illinois: Farmers struggling to survive due to soggy spring, low commodity prices
Illinois farmers are awaiting federal assistance as they struggle to survive COVID-19 and a soggy spring.
Leah Hope. ABC News. Thu, 21 May 2020 01:13:36 +0000.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers