Aggregated Farming News Articles
- How a new diet for gassy cows is helping the environment
Colombian farmers are piloting a way of raising cows that's better for the environment.
BBC News. Mon, 20 May 2019 23:09:40 GMT.
- Electronic Trade Helps Cameroonian Farmers
Information technologies are changing the lives of many Cameroonian farmers, who previously were dependent on brokers, who charged fees to serve as middlemen to purchasers. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 20 May 2019 17:36:00 -0400.
- Is there a problem with salmon farming?
Marine biologist and diver David Ainsley is concerned about the effect fish farms have on marine life.
BBC News. Mon, 20 May 2019 19:10:21 GMT.
- Farmers have less leisure time than hunter-gatherers
Hunter-gatherers in the Philippines who adopt farming work around ten hours a week longer than their forager neighbors, a new study suggests, complicating the idea that agriculture represents progress. ...
Science Daily. Mon, 20 May 2019 11:56:46 EDT.
- Wet fields, tariffs worry SE Missouri soybean farmers
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) - Soybean farmers in southeast Missouri say they're worried about what one called a "train wreck" combination of tariffs and weather. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 19 May 2019 13:20:00 -0400.
- Vienna Beef hot dogs recalled for possible metal contamination
Chicago-based Vienna Beef Ltd., is recalling approximately 2,030 pounds of beef frank links products that may be contaminated with metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Saturday.
ABC News. Sat, 18 May 2019 22:45:39 +0000.
- In Rwanda, farming competently is not enough
Even good farmers are one bad harvest away from destitution
Economist. Sat, 18 May 2019 00:00:00 +0000.
- Deere says trade war is hurting farmers and its earnings
U.S. farmers are holding off on purchases amid uncertainty over trade, according to ag industry bellwether
CBS News. Fri, 17 May 2019 19:16:27 +0000.
- Can climate-friendly farming save the Earth -- and make money?
With help from financial backers, farmers are investing in ways to sequester carbon in soil, reducing emissions
CBS News. Fri, 17 May 2019 16:44:54 +0000.
- Opposite pathways in forest recovery
Tropical forests are being deforested at an alarming rate to make way for agriculture; the good news is that they can regrow naturally when the fields are abandoned. ...
Science Daily. Fri, 17 May 2019 11:51:29 EDT.
Farmer with Farm Animals
Information about Farming and Farmers
The News - News and Commentary about Farming and Farmers