Aggregated Education News Articles
- Here's what happened at the hearing on education funding reform in Massachusetts
Devin McCourty, Jason McCourty, Duron Harmon and Matthew Slater all testified during the hearing.
Associated Press. Boston.com. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 19:39:30 +0000.
- Dream garden for Carlsbad special needs teens finally a reality
When Curtis Fillmore started teaching at La Costa Canyon High School in 2014, he had a vision of turning the fenced courtyard near his special education classroom into a sustainable garden oasis. ...
Pam Kragen. San Diego Union Tribune. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 05:00:00 PDT.
- How To Innovate Education In Africa- A Q&A With Vikas Pota, Chairman Of Varkey Foundation
Vikas Pota, Chairman of the Varkey Foundation offers 5 ideas to transform education in Africa.
By Mfonobong Nsehe, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 04:10:00 -0400.
- School holiday fines 'double in one year' after ruling it is illegal to take pupils out of term time
Department of Education figures show 223,000 fines were issued last academic year, up 93 per cent from 115,000 the year before. It comes after Jon Platt lost his case in the Supreme Court in April 2017.
Daily Mail. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 01:39:54 +0000.
- Big City: Stop Fixating on One Elite High School. There Are Bigger Problems.
Exclusive options in public education, like Stuyvesant High School, will never lead the way to a fairer America.
Ginia Bellafante. New York Times. Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:46:11 GMT.
- Highest-paid superintendents in the San Antonio area in 2018-19 school year
Northside ISD still has the highest paid superintendent and the largest enrollment number in the San Antonio area, according to Texas Education Agency data.
Fares Sabawi, San Antonio Express-news. San Antonio Express News. Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:43:52 UTC.
- AOC slams elite Manhattan public high school for only accepting seven black students
'This is a system failure,' the freshman New York Democrat wrote on Twitter of entrance stats at Stuyvesant High School. 'Education inequity is a major factor in the racial wealth gap.'
Daily Mail. Thu, 21 Mar 2019 15:11:08 GMT.
- Schools weak on lead water regulation: report
U.S. schools are not doing enough to protect students from drinking water contaminated with lead?, according to a new report from the Environment America Research & Policy Center and U.S. PIRG Education Fund. ...
CBS News. Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:57:40 +0000.
- Executive Education Takes A Leap Into The Future
Today's business leaders are dealing with an increasingly complex and fast-changing environment. Those seeking to offer guidance need to adopt the latest technology in order to keep pace.
By Roger Trapp, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 19:08:00 -0400.
- Larger high school class sizes will make Ontario students more resilient, education minister says
Ontario Education Minister Lisa Thompson says increasing the average size of high school classes will benefit students across the province by making them more resilient.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:46:23 EDT.
Two College Students Studying
Information about Education
The News - News and Commentary about Education and Educators