Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- Tiny optical cavity could make quantum networks possible
Engineers have shown that atoms in optical cavities could be foundational to the creation of a quantum internet.
Science Daily. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:22:22 EDT.
- Formula One engineers help create breathing aids for coronavirus patients - CNET
The machines, which could go into production within a week, will hopefully reduce the number of COVID-19 patients who need to be put on ventilators.
Katie Collins. CNET. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:42:26 +0000.
- Manufacturers cast doubt on ventilator target
Engineering firms say the UK may not have all the ventilators it needs when virus infections peak.
BBC News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:15:13 GMT.
- Chicago's McCormick Place to transform into makeshift hospital for coronavirus patients
More than 3,000 COVID-19 patients could soon be treated inside a makeshift hospital at Chicago's McCormick Place, the Army Corps of Engineers said Friday.
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 23:04:44 +0000.
- West Seattle Bridge so badly cracked it needs shoring before repairs can begin, the city says
The city's chief structures engineer said the bridge can still support its own weight and he's not concerned about it sagging or collapsing.
Mike Lindblom. Seattle Times. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 06:00:59 -0700.
- Coronavirus: NHS field hospital plans for Scotland
The army says officers from the Royal Engineers have been assessing Glasgow's SEC as a temporary hospital.
BBC News. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:05:34 GMT.
- Friends seek support for family of slain Santa Cruz County father, engineer
Friends of slain Scotts Valley resident Hubert Cross are turning to the community to support his grieving family.
Nick Ibarra. San Jose Mercury News. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:53:20 +0000.
- Solving a 50-year-old puzzle in signal processing
The same engineers, who announced the solution to a 50-year-old puzzle in signal processing last fall, have followed up with more research results. ...
Science Daily. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:11:23 EDT.
- No, the new coronavirus wasn't created in a lab, scientists say
The idea that SARS CoV-2, the new coronavirus behind the current pandemic, was created in a lab is a favourite among conspiracy theorists. But an international team of researchers has shown it was not genetically engineered.
CBC News. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 20:35:16 EDT.
- Remembering Al Worden
Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot Alfred "Al" Worden, an aviator, engineer and storyteller passed away on March 18, 2020
Smithsonian. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:04:52 +0000.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers