Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- As Floods Inundate the Midwest, Many Ask: Will Our Levees Be the Next to Fail?
At least 50 levees have been breached or overtopped by rivers engorged with late-winter rains and snowmelt, according to the Army Corps of Engineers.
Jack Healy. New York Times. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:51:01 GMT.
- Facebook Stored Up to 600 Million User Passwords in Plain Text
Facebook engineers built applications that stored unencrypted passwords on internal servers which could be searched by over 20,000 employees.
Matthew Humphries. Entrepreneur. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 14:53:05 GMT.
- The engineer who went to the USSR and got stuck for 50 years
In 1929, an African-American Ford engineer, Robert Robinson, was recruited to work in the USSR. He had to stay there, against his will, for nearly 50 years.
BBC News. Fri, 22 Mar 2019 00:20:22 GMT.
- Engineers demonstrate metamaterials that can solve equations
Engineers have designed a metamaterial device that can solve integral equations. ...
Science Daily. Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:19:00 EDT.
- Engineers aim to pioneer tissue-engineering approach to TMJ disorders
Here's something to chew on: One in four people are impacted by defects of the temporomandibular - or jaw - joint. ...
Science Daily. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 16:49:04 EDT.
- The New Zealand Shooting Victims Spanned Generations and Nationalities
Fifty people were killed when a gunman stormed two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and opened fire on worshippers. Among the dead were students, athletes, engineers and an aspiring pilot.
Megan Specia. New York Times. Wed, 20 Mar 2019 15:55:47 GMT.
- South Korea goes full Daft Punk to keep smartphone users out of intersections - Roadshow
Engineers in Ilsan, South Korea, have installed a system of LED lights and lasers to help alert smartphone-using pedestrians of traffic.
Kyle Hyatt. CNET. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 22:43:28 +0000.
- How One Brand Reverse-Engineered Brick-And-Mortar Success
CarbonKlean's physical retail strategy involves using e-commerce to pilot proof-of-concept and getting niche before casting a wide net.
By Tina Mulqueen, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:10:00 -0400.
- Craig and Diane Martin Endow First of its Kind Construction Safety Center at Kansas
Craig Martin, a University of Kansas alumnus, and his wife, Diane, recently made a gift of $3.5 million to establish the Center for Construction Safety at KU’s School of Engineering.
Engineering News-Record. Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:59:00 -0400.
- New details emerge about the plane involved in Ethiopian, Lion Air crashes
Engineers who were involved in the evaluations of the plane -- a Boeing 737 MAX -- knew that there were flaws in the original report that was used to certify the model.
ABC News. Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:45:22 -0400.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers