Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- Confidently incorrect: For ChatGPT, the truth isn't always out there
ChatGPT may be a modern marvel of computer engineering and a shockingly good practitioner of the English language -- but don't expect it to actually be correct.
Stephen Dinan. Washington Times. Mon, 29 May 2023 15:00:29 -0400.
- Stanford University professor claims aliens have been on Earth for a long time and are still here
A professor at Stanford University claims that aliens have been on planet Earth and are 'still here,' as he says experts are working on reverse engineering UFOs that have crash landed.
Daily Mail. Sun, 28 May 2023 00:34:32 GMT.
- Twitter engineering boss Foad Dabiri quits day after DeSantis launch glitches
Ron DeSantis' launch of his White House presidential campaign was hit by technical problems.
BBC News. Fri, 26 May 2023 04:15:14 GMT.
- Disney Ride Manufacturer Dynamic Attractions To Be Sold For $2 Million
Dynamic Attractions, the engineering company which built many of Disney's most beloved rides, is set to be sold for $2 million to Hong Kong-based financial services firm Promising Expert Limited (PEL).
By Caroline Reid, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 25 May 2023 19:23:57 -0400.
- Twitter's head of engineering resigns a day after platform's disastrous launch of DeSantis' campaign
Foad Dabiri, who has worked at Twitter for four years, resigned immediately after the Ron DeSantis debacle on Wednesday. He confirmed the news on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Thu, 25 May 2023 23:22:41 GMT.
- See the House Engineers Built From Dirty Diapers
Using concrete and mortar made with shredded diapers could address issues like plastic waste and sand shortages, per a new study
Smithsonian. Mon, 22 May 2023 20:41:21 +0000.
- Florida professor lives in an underwater hotel for a record 73 days. His goal? An even 100
Biomedical engineer Joseph Dituri of the University of South Florida is living at the bottom of a 30-foot-deep lagoon and running experiments on how his body responds.
Alexandra E. Petri. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 19 May 2023 22:50:22 GMT.
- Ex-Apple engineer accused of stealing self-driving car secrets
The 35-year-old suspect allegedly downloaded large amounts of data before fleeing to China.
BBC News. Wed, 17 May 2023 00:06:16 GMT.
- DOJ-charged former Apple engineer now leads self-driving car project at Chinese firm Jidu
Feds allege that a former Apple engineer stole self-driving tech and fled the country. Now, he's leading a Chinese firm's effort to mass-produce self-driving cars this year.
Stephen Council, Sfgate. SFGATE. Tue, 16 May 2023 19:37:59 UTC.
- Blasting Gender Stereotypes in South Africa
In South Africa, women make up only 13% of graduates with degrees in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. ...
Voice of America. Mon, 15 May 2023 11:31:31 -0400.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers