Aggregated Engineering News Articles
- Stretchy and squeezy soft sensors one step closer thanks to new bonding method
Bioengineers have found a way to create stretchy and squeezy soft sensing devices by bonding rubber to electrical components.
Science Daily. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:12:15 EST.
- Motorola's Razr folds in half without a crease. The secret is in the hinge design - CNET
It took Motorola four years and a feat of engineering in the hinge design to make the new Razr possible.
Patrick Holland. CNET. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 00:31:15 +0000.
- Alphabet adds Nobel Prize-winning engineer Frances Arnold to its board - CNET
Google's parent company makes more changes after its founders stepped down from leadership roles last week.
Richard Nieva. CNET. Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:40:00 +0000.
- Engineer behind collapsed Radiohead stage will face disciplinary hearing
An engineer who signed off on a Radiohead concert stage that collapsed in Toronto and killed a man seven years ago will face a professional misconduct hearing despite his argument that he has since retired, a panel decided Monday.
CBC News. Mon, 9 Dec 2019 15:54:47 EST.
- Could genetic engineering reverse aging?
George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School is working to make humans immune to all viruses, eliminate genetic diseases and reverse the aging process. Scott Pelley reports on how close the geneticist's team is to a breakthrough.
CBS News. Sun, 08 Dec 2019 21:25:59 -0500.
- The complicated ethics of genetic engineering
With new technology to edit genes, scientists are now working on things that once seemed impossible. But what are the boundaries?
CBS News. Sun, 08 Dec 2019 19:49:28 -0500.
- South Western Railway strike: Engineering adds to weekend woe
RMT union members are taking 27 days of strike action on South Western Railway.
BBC News. Sat, 07 Dec 2019 13:33:49 GMT.
- New ultra-miniaturized scope less invasive, produces higher quality images
Johns Hopkins engineers have created a new lens-free ultra-miniaturized endoscope, the size of a few human hairs in width, that is less bulky and can produce higher quality images.
Science Daily. Fri, 06 Dec 2019 15:29:45 EST.
- Army Corps to hold hearing on hydropower transmission line
LEWISTON, Maine (AP) - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is holding a public hearing Thursday on Central Maine Power's proposed 145-mile (230-kilometer) transmission line to bring Canadian hydropower to New England. Democratic U.S. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 05 Dec 2019 01:00:07 -0500.
- Mars rover hopes to grab a piece of history
British engineers test technologies that will be needed to bring samples of Martian rock to Earth.
BBC News. Thu, 05 Dec 2019 00:50:49 GMT.
Engineering Tag Cloud
Information about Engineering
The News - News and Commentary about Engineering and Engineers