United States News
- "Mean Girls" musical to be turned into movie
The hit musical adaptation will return to the silver screen in a new incarnation.
CBS News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:11:15 -0500.
- Impeachment live updates: Focus shifts to Trump abuse of power charge
The Democratic House managers are focusing on the constitutional basis for removing the president from office for abusing his power.
CBS News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:06:21 -0500.
- The Amazon Of Japan Looks For U.S. Growth
How much of an inroad can Japan's dominant ecommerce player Rakuten make in the U.S.? 2020 may provide some answers.
By Paul Talbot, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:57:24 +0000.
- Jamie Dimon gets a raise to $31.5 million after record 2019 profit at JP Morgan
2019 was a banner year for J.P. Morgan, the biggest U.S. bank by assets.
CNBC. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:51:02 GMT.
- Housing ETFs to Gain on Upbeat Sales Data
We highlight ETFs that can gain from the release of encouraging U.S. existing home sales data.
Sweta Jaiswal, Frm. Zacks. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:44:00 GMT.
- President Trump impeachment: Trial under way in the US Senate
Live coverage from Washington DC on day three of President Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the US Senate.
BBC News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:41:12 GMT.
- Analysts Estimate United States Steel (X) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
U.S. Steel (X) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 17:31:30 GMT.
- US treasury secretary takes jab at Greta Thunberg, tells her to go to college
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg can talk to about divesting from fossil fuels "after she goes and studies economics."
ABC News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 10:22:43 -0500.
- US households waste nearly a third of the food they acquire
American households waste, on average, almost a third of the food they acquire, according to economists, who say this wasted food has an estimated aggregate value of $240 billion annually. Divided among the nearly 128.6 million U.S. ...
Science Daily. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:58:53 EST.
- Korean Drama Lovers In The U.S. Are Very Fond Of Romantic Comedies
In a Consumer Research Report on Korean Contents in the U. S. Market, recently released by the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), 59% of the surveyed Korean drama viewers said that romantic comedies were their favorite genre.
By Joan Macdonald, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:38:16 +0000.
- The Top 10 Mistakes That Keep Women Entrepreneurs From Scaling to $1 Million
Though women own 40 percent of U.S. businesses, making 'real money' is oftentimes more the exception than the rule. Here are some things getting in our way.
Julia Pimsleur. Entrepreneur. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:30:00 GMT.
- Large storm system moving across country, bringing snow, ice, heavy rain
A storm system is developing in the Central U.S. with icy and snowy conditions to the north and heavy rain and even thunderstorms in the South.
ABC News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 08:48:08 -0500.
- Mnuchin Slams Greta Thunberg: 'Who Is She' to Give Economic Advice?
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg is in no position to give economic advice until she's gone to college and come out with an economics degree.
Newsmax. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 07:24:20 EDT.
- US talks up trade deal with post-Brexit Britain this year
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) - The U.S. is talking up the prospects of tying up a trade deal with Britain this year and thinks it should be pretty straightforward to accomplish given how similar the two economies are. ...
Pan Pylas. Washington Times. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 04:45:19 -0500.
- Millionaires at the World Economic Forum are demanding higher taxes: Don Pittis
Patriotic Millionaires, an exclusive U.S. ...
CBC News. Thu, 23 Jan 2020 04:00:00 EST.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA