United States News
- The trade war is weighing 'like a big, dark cloud' on the global economy, says Christine Lagarde
For incoming European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde, the U.S.-China trade war is the biggest threat to the global economy.
CNBC. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:01 GMT.
- Is The U.S. Heading Toward Negative Rates?
Today, almost $13.5 trillion of bonds in Europe and Japan are trading at a negative yield, but few view this as a normal scenario. The U.S. is unlikely to follow suit.
By Randy Brown, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:57:16 -0400.
- Negative Interest Rates In The United States: Not Any Time Soon
Negative interest rates, though dominating in Europe and Japan, will not arrive here any time soon.
By Milton Ezrati, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:12:36 -0400.
- Joint U.S.-Afghan raid allegedly kills dozens at wedding ceremony
Officials in Taliban-controlled district of Helmand say terrorists were killed, but so were guests at nearby wedding in latest carnage blamed on U.S. and its allies
CBS News. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 08:56:00 -0400.
- 5 Stocks to Ride Out Renewed U.S.-China Trade Tension
Though the United States and China have renewed trade talks, the trade war is dampening economy and investors' sentiment. These five stocks can help you ride out the trade tension.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:19:00 GMT.
- 5 Winners From U.S.-China's "Constructive" Trade Talks
Trade deal hopes rekindle after the United States and China held progressive talks in Washington.
Tirthankar Chakraborty. Zacks. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 11:31:00 GMT.
- Afghan forces' raid on Taliban allegedly kills civilians at wedding
Local officials in Taliban-controlled district of Helmand say militants were killed, but so were guests at nearby wedding in latest carnage blamed on U.S. or its allies
CBS News. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 06:56:58 -0400.
- Trump Returns To The U.N. This Week Facing Growing Unease About U.S. Leadership
A year ago, President Trump was laughed at during his address to the U.N. General Assembly. This year, he'll face an audience of world leaders increasingly unclear about America's role in the world.
Franco Ordoñez. NPR. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 05:14:00 -0400.
- Iran's Foreign Minister: 'Abandon The Illusion' That Tehran Will Cave To Pressure
In an interview ahead of this week's U.N. General Assembly, Mohammad Javad Zarif tells NPR that U.S. sanctions against Iran "will not be able to bring us to our knees."
Steve Inskeep. NPR. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 05:08:00 -0400.
- At UN, Trump to face questions about Iran, Ukraine, allies
Faced with growing tumult at home and abroad, U.S. ...
CBC News. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 04:00:33 EDT.
- Skin care company from Poland opens center in West Virginia
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) - A company from Poland has opened its first branch in the U.S. with a sales and distribution center in West Virginia. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 03:55:55 -0400.
- Johnson says he'll tell Trump: Hands off UK health service
NEW YORK (AP) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he'll tell U.S. President Donald Trump that the U.K.'s state-funded health service will be off the table in any future trade negotiations, and that the U.S. ...
Jill Lawless. Washington Times. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 01:07:23 -0400.
- Premature baby of Chicago woman hit by truck has died, reports say
A premature baby delivered after her mom was fatally hit by a truck in Chicago has died, according to reports.
Frank Miles. Fox News. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 01:59:10 GMT.
- Rep. Omar: Biden Doesn't Have Plan to Tackle Systematic Challenges
Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden doesn't have what it takes to tackle a lot of the systematic challenges the United States faces, Rep. ...
Newsmax. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 21:13:41 EDT.
- Area 51 Festival Wraps up in Nevada
The festivals are over and Earthlings from around the globe headed home Sunday after a weekend camping and partying in the dusty Nevada desert and trekking to remote gates of Area 51, a formerly top-secret U.S. ...
Newsmax. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 21:08:54 EDT.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA