United States News
- Pelosi looks ahead to "phase 4" coronavirus relief package
Pelosi has suggested that the package could include a rollback on the state and local tax deduction limit.
CBS News. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:17:42 -0400.
- Consumer confidence tumbles in March as coronavirus cases surge
A measure of U.S. consumer confidence fell sharply in March as people grapple with the global coronavirus outbreak.
CNBC. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:16:08 GMT.
- Doctor pulled over for speeding, trooper gives her N95 masks
"This complete stranger, who owed me nothing and is more on the front lines than I am, shared his precious masks with me, without my even asking," the doctor said.
CBS News. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:14:15 -0400.
- U.S. Records 500 Coronavirus Deaths In 24 Hours, Worldwide Cases Reach Over 800,000
Americans have been told as many as 100,000 to 200,000 people could die across the country as a result of the pandemic.
By Lisette Voytko, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:05:48 +0000.
- Continued Coronavirus-Imposed Social Distancing Perks Up 5 Stocks
Here we focus on a basket of stocks that is benefiting from a lengthy spell of social distancing in the United States and across other countries.
Aniruddha Ganguly. Zacks. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:18:00 GMT.
- The Coronavirus Pandemic And The Long-Term Energy Outlook
Contrary to conventional wisdom, this pandemic may well result in a more prosperous America in a few years. A boom in telecommuting, a new growth in U.S. ...
By James Conca, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- US outlines plan for Venezuela transition, sanctions relief
MIAMI (AP) - The Trump administration is prepared to lift sanctions on Venezuela in support of a new proposal to form a transitional government representing allies of both Nicolas Maduro and opposition leader Juan Guaido, U.S. ...
Joshua Goodman. Washington Times. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:08:14 -0400.
- As Pandemic Spreads, The Developing World Looks Like The Next Target
So far, the coronavirus has hit hardest in the wealthy countries of Asia, Europe and the U.S. But the pandemic appears poised to explode in the developing world --which has far fewer resources.
Greg Myre. NPR. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 05:06:00 -0400.
- Chinese tech giant Huawei says 2019 sales rose 19.1% despite U.S. trade sanctions
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese tech giant Huawei says 2019 sales rose 19.1% despite U.S. trade sanctions.
Washington Times. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 04:05:09 -0400.
- Coronavirus deaths in the US top 3,000
The U.S. hit a grim milestone on Monday, as over 3,000 coronavirus deaths and 163,000 cases have been reported, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
David Aaro. Fox News. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:59:03 GMT.
- Los Angeles, San Francisco streets and tourist areas largely empty during coronavirus outbreak, video shows
New drone footage and other video shot by Fox News shows once-busy streets and tourist areas in Los Angeles and San Francisco eerily deserted as the coronavirus has kept people indoors.
Vandana Rambaran. Fox News. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:36:05 GMT.
- Central Park And Home Of Tennis' U.S. Open To House Hospital Beds For New York
The East Meadow in Central Park and a training facility at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Queens are scheduled to become makeshift hospitals while regular facilities are strained by COVID-19.
Anastasia Tsioulcas. NPR. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:29:00 -0400.
- Alan Dershowitz to Newsmax TV: Relaxing Civil Liberties Justified
The U.S. most compromise its civil liberties in the nature of national health emergencies, according to civil liberties expert Alan Dershowitz on Newsmax TV.
Newsmax. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:38:07 EDT.
- Trump: 1 Million Tests Already, Rapid Tester on Its Way
Announcing the U.S. has conducted a world-leading 1 million tests for the coronavirus, President Donald Trump showed off the world class Abbott Laboratories' rapid testing device Monday in the White House Rose Garden.
Newsmax. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:43:48 EDT.
- Free Webinar | March 31: The Guide to Coronavirus Emergency Loans for Small Businesses
Tax lawyers Mark J. Kohler and Mat Sorenson break down new U.S. Small Business Administration loan provisions and options for business owners.
Entrepreneur Insider. Entrepreneur. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:32:51 GMT.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA