United States News
- FDA warns about 5 additional toxic hand sanitizers
The hand sanitizers tested positive for methanol, a toxic substance when absorbed through the skin or ingested.
CBS News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 17:17:07 -0400.
- Payday lenders won't have to check whether borrowers can afford loans
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is revoking an Obama-era rule protecting consumers from predatory lending.
CBS News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 16:53:28 -0400.
- Ex-Basketball Player Suggests New Choices For NBA Jerseys
Ex Team Canada basketball player Braeden Anderson, now a New York banking attorney, is preaching a tactful response for black Americans, including NBA players, in order to combat racism in the United States.
By Chris Sheridan, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:40:32 -0400.
- Lysol Products Kill Coronavirus On Surfaces, EPA Testing Shows
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency testing shows they can kill the virus in two minutes.
By Elana Lyn Gross, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:26:17 -0400.
- Suburbs outside major cities are in high demand: Marcus & Millichap CEO
Hessam Nadji, Marcus Millichap president and CEO, joins 'Power Lunch' to discuss the new real estate hot spots in the U.S. amid the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 19:18:13 GMT.
- Boy, 15, survives 30-hour ordeal in Sierra wilderness after running from gunman who killed his dad
A 15-year-old boy survived more than 30 hours alone in the Tahoe National Forest in northern California as he hid from a gunman who shot and killed his father and wounded two other individuals in separate ambush incidents, authorities said.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 17:25:15 GMT.
- 3 dead, officer injured, in neighborhood dispute sparked by dangerous dog
Three people, including a suspected gunman and a 13-year-old girl, are dead after a shooting inside a south Florida home Monday afternoon related to an ongoing dispute over a neighborhood dog.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 17:13:58 GMT.
- State legislatures consider US Capitol's Confederate statues
A national struggle to come to terms with America's painful legacy of racial discrimination is hitting state legislatures across the country as elected officials consider reshaping Statuary Hall in the U.S. ...
Gabby Birenbaum. The Hill. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 16:56:34 +0000.
- Months Into Virus Crisis, U.S. Cities Still Lack Testing Capacity
With cases surging, some cities are seeing long testing lines and slow results.
Sarah Mervosh and Manny Fernandez. New York Times. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 16:49:27 +0000.
- Colleges Plan to Reopen Campuses, but for Just Some Students at a Time
To provide some semblance of the campus experience during a pandemic, colleges say large chunks of the student body will have to stay away and study remotely for all or part of the year.
Anemona Hartocollis. New York Times. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 16:49:04 +0000.
- USA TODAY exclusive: Interview with the history-making astronauts aboard the International Space Station
After a stay that could last up to four months, Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley will depart the International Space Station and splash down in the ocean.
Yahoo. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 11:49:48 -0400.
- U.S. leaders considering banning social media giant TikTok over privacy concerns
TikTok is one of the more popular apps among young people, and the U.S. government is looking at banning it. There is concern over the new national security law after the territory's government unveiled details of the measures.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:24:04 +0000.
- Reboot of Economy Stimulates US Service Sector: 5 Winners
Reopening of economy and easing of lockdowns rev up the U.S. service sector in June. However, the recent spurt in coronavirus cases, thanks to a second-wave fear, mars the potential of a rapid recovery.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 15:01:00 GMT.
- Ranking the eight U.S. Women's World Cup teams
The USWNT won the Women's World Cup one year ago today, but where does the 2019 team rank among the top U.S. World Cup squads?
ESPN. Tue, 7 Jul 2020 09:12:31 EST.
- Stock Market News for Jul 7, 2020
U.S. stock markets closed sharply higher on Monday buoyed by rally in global stock markets.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 07 Jul 2020 13:47:00 GMT.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA