United States News
- Live updates: The first Trump-Biden presidential debate
The debate is being moderated by "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace.
CBS News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:16:03 -0400.
- Black student says officers barged into her dorm after false report
Christin Evans, 17, said she was a victim of a so-called "swatting" incident after a group of fellow students at Stephen F. Austin University accused her of threatening to stab someone.
CBS News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:12:05 -0400.
- JPMorgan predicts a 10% rally for the S&P 500 and names the U.S. sectors to watch
Industrial and construction material stocks will be among the sectors that will benefit as U.S. markets hit fresh highs over the next year, JPMorgan Private Bank's Grace Peters told CNBC on Tuesday.
CNBC. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 20:57:28 GMT.
- Machete-wielding North Carolina man leaves bloody satanic messages on sorority house, police say
A North Carolina man wielding a machete left satanic messages written in blood on a sorority house at East Carolina University on Sunday night, authorities said.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:37:39 GMT.
- Behind the White House Effort to Pressure the C.D.C. on School Openings
Documents and interviews show how senior officials sought to play down the risks of sending children back to the classroom, alarming public health experts.
Mark Mazzetti, Noah Weiland and Sharon Lafraniere. New York Times. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:59:12 +0000.
- Violent crime spikes after police funding cuts dubbed 'Minneapolis effect'
Violent crime is spiking across the U.S. in what one law professor calls the "Minneapolis effect."
Audrey Conklin. Fox News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:51:02 GMT.
- USMNT and the Bundesliga: Why so many top young Americans choose Germany on career path
From Giovanni Reyna to Tyler Adams, from Josh Sargent to Christian Pulisic, there are many compelling reasons why U.S. talent ends up in Germany.
ESPN. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:46:37 EST.
- Considering Credit Card Surcharging? Here's What You Need to Know.
The method of passing the extra costs of credit card usage to customers using credit cards is becoming ubiquitous, but there's still a lot many businesses don't know about the practice.
Jonathan Razi. Entrepreneur. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 16:30:00 GMT.
- These Are The Best U.S. Economic Sectors To Work In During A Pandemic
Some sectors of the U.S. economy are hurting more than others during he Covid-19 pandemic, and some seem insulated from the blood-letting. Here's what you need to know.
By Zenger News, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:24:16 -0400.
- Pandemic Imperils Promotions for Women in Academia
Even as faculty members are given more time to meet a deadline for tenure, many say they are getting less work done because of child care needs.
Noam Scheiber. New York Times. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:51:13 +0000.
- COVID-19 cases increasing rapidly in children across US, researchers find
New reports show the number of pediatric COVID-19 cases in the United States is on the rise.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 15:50:45 +0000.
- A Look At United States Steel's (NYSE:X) Share Price Returns
As an investor, mistakes are inevitable. But you want to avoid the really big losses like the plague. So spare ...
Yahoo. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:25:00 -0400.
- Record High U.S. Home Prices in July
Record High U.S. Home Prices in July.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:59:00 GMT.
- Maine Senate Candidate Cuts Up Face Masks During Debate
"I want to be the first Senate candidate and your first senator in the United States to say I protest government telling us what we have to wear."
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 10:41:59 -0400.
- Cyberattack disrupts services at major hospital chain
Universal Health Services, a major hospital chain operating in the U.S. and Britain, says its computer networks have been knocked offline by an unspecified "security issue."
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 29 Sep 2020 13:57:21 +0000.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA