United States News
- UPDATE 2-Stitch Fix to cut 1,400 jobs in California, invest in other U.S. states
Stitch Fix Inc said on Monday it plans to cut up to 1,400 jobs in California and invest in other U.S. states where the apparel seller would offer new roles to all those affected.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:35:20 -0400.
- Trump's Governor Call: Full Audio [Listen]
In a Rose Garden speech shaded with anger, President Trump threatened to send the American military to states where governors could not bring under control the protests over police brutality.
Katie Rogers, Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman. New York Times. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 03:31:27 +0000.
- Explainer: Can Trump send the U.S. military to quell violence at protests?
U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday suggested he would use federal troops to end unrest that has erupted following the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man killed in police custody last week.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:16:45 -0400.
- Misinformation About George Floyd Protests Surges on Social Media
In the universe of false online information, Mr. Floyd remains alive and George Soros is to blame for the protests.
Davey Alba. New York Times. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 02:47:41 +0000.
- Ivy League-trained lawyer allegedly tried to pass out firebombs to protesters
The two attorneys busted for throwing a Molotov cocktail through a police car window during protests in Brooklyn early Saturday were trying to pass out the incendiary devices to demonstrators in the crowd, federal authorities said Monday.
Fox News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 02:08:28 GMT.
- Citizen patrols to back up officers will hinder peace efforts, police say
A citizen movement to embellish police in their efforts to control protesters by organizing armed patrols will instead be a hindrance, a Midwestern police force spokesman said Monday.
Jack Durschlag. Fox News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:52:10 GMT.
- DC mayor decries use of tear gas on peaceful protesters outside White House: 'Shameful'
Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) condemned the use of tear gas on peaceful protesters outside the White House on Monday evening.She noted that authorities acted before the 7 p.m. curfew she had imposed ...
Rebecca Klar. The Hill. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:15:35 +0000.
- Feeling lonely during the lockdown? Call Zappos
Shoe seller's new customer service line lets people call for help with homework, help with groceries or just to chat.
CBS News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 17:11:24 -0400.
- Trump says the top U.S. military officer is 'in charge' as George Floyd protests rock the nation
It was not immediately clear what Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff U.S. Army Gen. Mark Milley would be tasked with.
CNBC. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:59:59 GMT.
- U.S. braces for more unrest as Trump berates "weak" governors
Protests have surged across the country in the days following George Floyd's death. Many demonstrations have been marked by clashes with police.
CBS News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:58:06 -0400.
- England's Plunkett open to playing for USA
England fast bowler Liam Plunkett says he would be open to playing for the United States in the future.
BBC News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:14:59 GMT.
- U.S. Producers Prove Better Swing Supplier Than Previously Thought
The quick reaction of American producers to cut output in response to market conditions have shown the U.S. to be a better swing supplier than previously believed possible.
By Dan Eberhart, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:51:38 -0400.
- Trump to deploy more 'federal assets' to respond to violent protests
States have activated more National Guardsmen than any other time in U.S. history.
By Lara Seligman. Politico. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 19:48:03 GMT.
- Warmer temperatures slow COVID-19 transmission, but not by much
Researchers looked at the impact of temperature, precipitation, and UV index on COVID-19 case rates in the United States during the spring months of 2020. ...
Science Daily. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 13:46:10 EDT.
- Trump calls governors 'weak' for failing to 'dominate' demonstrations over Floyd death
Following a weekend in which protests over the death of George Floyd raged in virtually every major American city, President Trump on Monday told U.S. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 13:34:10 -0400.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA