United States News
- Despite Debt Limit Deal, 14th Amendment Questions Linger
President Biden has been considering ways to challenge the constitutionality of the debt limit to defuse the risk of default.
Alan Rappeport. New York Times. Thu, 01 Jun 2023 03:03:50 +0000.
- House Passes Debt Ceiling Bill in Bipartisan Vote to Avert Default
An overwhelming bipartisan coalition pushed through the compromise struck by Speaker Kevin McCarthy and President Biden, even as lawmakers in both parties signaled displeasure with the plan.
Catie Edmondson. New York Times. Thu, 01 Jun 2023 02:57:04 +0000.
- House set to vote on debt ceiling deal. Here's what to know and how to watch.
The bill survived a key procedural vote that required Democratic support to keep the deal alive.
CBS News. Wed, 31 May 2023 16:51:00 -0400.
- Attorney arrested in New Jersey for rapes committed in Boston 15 years ago
Boston police said Matthew Nilo, 35, was arrested in New Jersey for a string of rapes committed in 2007 and 2008.
CBS News. Wed, 31 May 2023 16:11:00 -0400.
- A Costly Delay: The Eight-Month Pause In Russian Hypersonic Missile Usage
The Russian military deployed their hypersonic weapon early in the war, and then waited for eight months before using it again, giving the Ukrainians time to analyze it.
By Vikram Mittal, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 31 May 2023 16:03:55 -0400.
- Rose Lavelle Shares Secrets On Recovery, Teammates
USA star Lavelle scored the last goal in the 2019 World Cup, but says she could excel without great teammates and self-care.
By Andy Frye, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 31 May 2023 14:53:47 -0400.
- If we want to counter China in the Indo-Pacific, we have to pay the price
In the dynamic landscape of geopolitical rivalry, the United States faces a mammoth task
Daniel J. Kurtenbach, Opinion Contributor. The Hill. Wed, 31 May 2023 17:00:00 +0000.
- Top ETF Stories of May
The month of May was marked with the U.S. debt deal, AI euphoria and the return of information technology stocks.
Sanghamitra Saha. Zacks. Wed, 31 May 2023 17:00:00 GMT.
- Revenue Growth Supports U.S. Bancorp (USB) Amid High Cost
U.S. Bancorp's (USB) organic growth is aided by solid loan and deposit balances. Also, rising NII and inorganic growth moves support revenues. Yet, high costs and loan concentration are headwinds.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 31 May 2023 16:57:00 GMT.
- U.S. accuses Chinese fighter jet of 'unnecessarily aggressive maneuver' in South China Sea
A Chinese J-16 fighter jet cut in front of the nose of a U.S. Air Force RC-135 aircraft on May 26, the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command said in a statement.
CNBC. Wed, 31 May 2023 02:36:35 GMT.
- Chinese jet said to carry out 'aggressive' maneuver in front of US military plane
U.S. military releases video of Chinese fighter flying in front of U.S. military plane, Pentagon calls action "aggressive" maneuver and "unprofessional"
ABC News. Tue, 30 May 2023 22:19:52 -0400.
- State Dept: Space diplomats to counter China, Russia with 'diversity, equity and inclusion' push
The State Department unveiled a new space diplomacy strategy on Tuesday in a bid to counter efforts by China and Russia to militarize space and challenge U.S. power.
Bill Gertz. Washington Times. Tue, 30 May 2023 17:54:31 -0400.
- Republican Rep. Chris Stewart planning to resign, source says
U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah, is planning to leave Congress due to his wife's illness by the end of this year, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Sam Metz and Nomaan Merchant. Washington Times. Tue, 30 May 2023 16:48:30 -0400.
- Video: Chinese fighter jet buzzes U.S. Air Force plane in 'unnecessarily aggressive' maneuver
The incident took place over the South China Sea on Friday.
By Paul Mcleary. Politico. Tue, 30 May 2023 15:31:54 EST.
- The U.S. Is Giving Away Lighthouses for Free
While they are no longer a navigational necessity, the guiding lights have histories worth preserving
Smithsonian. Tue, 30 May 2023 19:12:36 +0000.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
- Drudge Report - a manually-edited news aggregator.
- News Professionals - a news media career guide.
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA