United States News
- Biden, Calling for Action, Commits U.S. to Halving Its Climate Emissions
Addressing leaders at a virtual summit meeting he convened, the president cast the fight against global warming as an economic opportunity for the world.
Lisa Friedman, Somini Sengupta and Coral Davenport. New York Times. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:21:16 +0000.
- Biden to nominate ocean scientist Rick Spinrad to head NOAA
NOAA has been without a Senate-confirmed leader for the longest period since it was created in 1970.
Christopher Flavelle. New York Times. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:15:19 +0000.
- Cornyn, Sinema unveil bill aimed at confronting border surge
Sens. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) introduced legislation Thursday aimed at responding to a surge of immigrants along the U.S.-Mexico border.The bill, dubbed the Bipartisan Border Solutions ...
Jordain Carney. The Hill. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:12:17 +0000.
- DOJ probe into Minneapolis police will push to reform departments 'nationwide': Former NYPD lieutenant
The DOJ's investigation into Minneapolis police will impact policing across the entire nation, former NYPD Lt. Joe Cardinale argues.
Angelica Stabile. Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 23:35:34 GMT.
- NYC dad says daughter 'recognized' private school was 'trying to make her feel guilty' about 'skin color'
A New York City father who pulled his daughter out of The Brearley School says she "recognized" the private school was "trying to make her feel guilty" about her "skin color."
Audrey Conklin. Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 23:22:36 GMT.
- Passion And Compassion Drive Cisco's Culture
I have been following how Cisco responded to the pandemic and the social challenges in the U.S. ...
By Carolina Milanesi, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:51:47 -0400.
- U.S. Concrete (USCR) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
U.S. Concrete (USCR) closed the most recent trading day at $62.75, moving -1.4% from the previous trading session.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 21:50:21 GMT.
- Top U.S. general in Middle East worried about potential collapse of Afghan military after troop withdrawal
Marine Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, is concerned that the Afghan military would collapse after American and foreign troops leave.
CNBC. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 21:16:09 GMT.
- Leaders and loved ones mourn Daunte Wright at funeral
Reverend Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy at the funeral of the young man shot and killed by police in a Minneapolis suburb.
CBS News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:10:00 -0400.
- Voters react to the vice presidential debate
Ohio voters will play a crucial role in the 2016 election. Pollster and CBS News contributor Frank Luntz sat down with a focus group of Ohio voters to gauge their reactions to the vice presidential debate in real time. ...
CBS News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:09:14 -0400.
- U.S. Economic Growth Is Peaking And That Means Stocks Could Struggle This Year, Goldman Warns
Goldman expects the S&P will climb just 4% higher by year's end.
By Jonathan Ponciano, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:27:39 -0400.
- A Struggling Immigrant Left His Job in the U.S. and Returned Home. Now, He's a Billionaire: 'I Had a Crazy Idea'
Forty-nine-year-old Daniel Dines is now one of the top 500 billionaires in the world.
Justin Chan. Entrepreneur. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 19:36:30 GMT.
- U.S. troops increasingly vulnerable to directed-energy attacks, Pentagon tells lawmakers
DoD briefers identified Russia as a likely culprit.
By Lara Seligman, Andrew Desiderio and Betsy Woodruff Swan. Politico. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:15:57 EST.
- United States Steel (X) Earnings Expected to Grow: What to Know Ahead of Next Week's Release
U.S. Steel (X) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:33:51 GMT.
- Addenbrooke's Hospital helipad destroyed by departing aircraft
The structure at Addenbrooke's in Cambridge was blown into the air as the USAF Osprey took off.
BBC News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 14:11:11 GMT.
U.S. News Services
- AP - the Associated Press.
- UPI - United Press International.
U.S.-based TV and Internet News Providers
- NPR - National Public Radio.
- CNN - Cable News Network.
- Fox News - Fox News Network.
- CBS News - Columbia Broadcasting Service News.
- ABC News - American Broadcasting Corporation News.
- MSNBC - a Microsoft and NBC news venture.
Major U.S. Newspapers
In 2017, the estimated population of the USA was 325,719,178.
For detailed, up-to-date information about United States and World population,
visit the United States Census Bureau's Population Clock
The photograph above shows the United States White House in Washington, DC.
More extensive news coverage about more than 400 subjects, aggregated from carefully chosen news sources,
can be found on this USA Regional News website.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in the USA