Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- Coronavirus: Tesco 'whipping up' storm over rate relief
The retail giant is accused of a "disproportionate" campaign to overturn Welsh Ministers' decision.
BBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:36:00 GMT.
- Macy's to furlough most of its 130,000 employees nationwide as pandemic hits retailers
Macy's said Monday it would furlough the majority of its 130,000 employees because it had lost "the majority" of its sales following store closures. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:04:00 -0400.
- Macy's to furlough most of its 130,000 workers
Macy's says it will rehire as many furloughed employees as it can once in-store retail business resumes.
CBS News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:17:22 -0400.
- Retail businesses reopen in Wuhan, China's original coronavirus epicentre
Shopkeepers in the city where China's virus outbreak began are reopening, but customers remain scarce after authorities lifted more of the anti-virus controls that kept tens of millions of people at home for two months.
CBC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:01:41 EDT.
- Thirsty for Starbucks coffee this week? How to order until retail stores reopen - CNET
There are still several reliable ways to get your Starbucks lattes, cappuccinos and egg sandwiches.
Jessica Dolcourt. CNET. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:00:01 +0000.
- Coronavirus: Six things that are booming in sales
Amid the virus, some retailers are seeing trade collapse, but others are overwhelmed by demand.
BBC News. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 00:47:13 GMT.
- Amazon adding more grocery delivery capacity during surge in online orders - CNET
The e-commerce giant is also prioritizing high-demand grocery and pantry items and has temporarily closed many of its retail stores.
Ben Fox Rubin. CNET. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:39:00 +0000.
- 15,000 stores could permanently close in 2020
Many retail outlets "will never reopen their doors," analysts say in underlining the outbreak's "debilitating" impact.
CBS News. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 20:09:00 -0400.
- Village life under lockdown
Covid-19 has brought a retail revolution to a small corner of Wiltshire
Economist. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 00:00:00 +0000.
- CVS, Walgreens seek to add staff amid COVID-19 outbreak
Retail pharmacy giants CVS Health and Walgreens want to hire thousands of additional workers to address capacity concerns during the coronavirus outbreak.
Steven Ross Johnson. Modern Healthcare. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 16:22:31 EDT.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers