Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- Worker Shortages: How Kroger, Piggly Wiggly And Whole Foods Cope
Retailers ended 2021 scrambling to cover for a worker shortage, and food sellers likely felt the worst of the squeeze as shopper demand at the grocery climbed. ...
By Bryan Pearson, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 18:41:26 -0500.
- John Lewis says it is wrong to cut sick pay for unjabbed staff
Unlike rivals, the retailer says all staff get full sick pay regardless of vaccination status.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 20:29:40 GMT.
- John Lewis makes pledge to unjabbed staff
A string of retailers including Next and Ocado have introduced policies which limit sick pay for unjabbed employees who have to self-isolate.
Daily Mail. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:09:07 +0000.
- Chicago crime: Chicago police coming down hard on retail theft rings
Chicago police announced arrests in recent retail thefts Friday, coming down hard on rings of thieves sometimes involving teenagers.
Leah Hope. ABC News. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 02:20:27 +0000.
- Controversial stiletto heels designed by Balenciaga and CROCS go on sale for $625
Balenciaga and Crocs teamed up on the Balenciaga Croc Madame shoe. It debuted online in June of 2021 and hit retailers in October for $625 a pair.
Daily Mail. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:47:43 GMT.
- San Francisco's Chinatown is caught between past and future
In the wake of Amazon and the pandemic, a new generation of restaurants and retailers is coming. Where does that leave S.F.'s Chinatown?
Christopher Reynolds. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:15:32 GMT.
- Omicron spread led shoppers to desert High Street
Retail sales fell 3.7% last month as Plan B restrictions hit pre-Christmas spending.
BBC News. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:10:02 GMT.
- Amazon plans a clothing store for a Southern California mall
NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon says it plans to open a clothing store in a Southern California mall later this year, a first for the online behemoth and a fresh challenge for already struggling traditional retailers. ...
Anne D'innocenzio. Washington Times. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 03:01:07 -0500.
- Can Bath & Body Works Stock Rebound After A 23% Fall In A Month?
Bath & Body Works, the largest specialty home fragrance & body care product retailer in the U.S, formerly known as L Brands, has declined 23% over the last twenty-one trading days (one month) and currently stands near $56. ...
By Trefis Team, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 19 Jan 2022 08:30:58 -0500.
- Oak Brook police step up patrols around Oakbrook Center after shooting, retail thefts
Oak Brook police are stepping up security in light of several recent crimes at Oakbrook Center Mall.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:55:33 +0000.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers