Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- Why Amazon Is Moving To Make One-Day Prime Shipping The New Norm
Amazon just upped the ante for the retail industry once again, saying it is moving fast to evolve its signature two-day free shipping for Prime members into one-day free shipping.
By Andria Cheng, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 26 Apr 2019 01:17:00 +0000.
- Sainsbury's-Asda merger block should be applauded, says ALEX BRUMMER
If it had been approved, Sainsbury's-Asda would have created a retail behemoth bigger than current UK market leader Tesco, says ALEX BRUMMER.
Daily Mail. Fri, 26 Apr 2019 01:07:24 +0100.
- Amazon posts fourth quarter of record profit
The online retailer and cloud computing provider said net profit more than doubled to $3.56bn.
BBC News. Thu, 25 Apr 2019 21:29:44 GMT.
- Oregon House approves ban on plastic checkout bags
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - The Oregon House approved a statewide ban on single-use plastic shopping bags. Lawmakers voted 42-18 Thursday to prohibit large retailers and grocery stores from offering plastic checkout bags. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 25 Apr 2019 14:20:33 -0400.
- The Future Of Millennial Consumer Engagement
This next generation of consumers represents the future of retail revenue. But with traffic declining for many brands, the fight to convert these consumers into loyal customers represents a new battleground.
By Jeff Fromm, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 25 Apr 2019 17:26:00 +0000.
- Zozo quits Europe after Zozosuit flop
A failed experiment with a body-measuring suit has eaten away at fashion retailer Zozo's profits.
BBC News. Thu, 25 Apr 2019 10:53:13 GMT.
- Microsoft's cloud growth pleases Wall Street
Microsoft's ongoing push to get automakers, retailers and other businesses onto its cloud computing platform helped power the company's third-quarter earnings ahead of Wall Street expectations Wednesday
ABC News. Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:10:19 -0400.
- Walmart accused of racial discrimination by warehouse workers with records
Nearly 200 African Americans lost their jobs due to background checks after the retailer took over a distribution center
CBS News. Tue, 23 Apr 2019 20:18:29 +0000.
- Elizabeth Warren says Amazon should be broken up but admits she still shops with the online retailer
Sen. Elizabeth Warren said at a prime-time town hall in Manchester, New Hampshire, she believes the online giant Amazon should be split up to create greater competition in the retail sector.
Daily Mail. Tue, 23 Apr 2019 16:11:39 GMT.
- "Game of Thrones" merchandise fuels a bonanza for HBO and retailers
The blockbuster series may be in its final season, but the product spinoffs aren't about to stop when the show does
CBS News. Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:57:03 +0000.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers