Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- Bankrupt Brooks Brothers Agrees to Sale to Simon Property and Authentic Brands
The retailer is seeking court approval of a $325 million sale to a group backed by the mall owner Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group, a licensing firm.
Sapna Maheshwari. New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 21:48:23 +0000.
- Revolve Group reports big earnings beat for Q2
Shares of fashion retailer Revolve Group soared in after-hours trading after reporting a huge earnings beat for its second quarter. ...
Yahoo. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:13:12 -0400.
- What An Unlikely Pairing Can Tell Us About The Power Of Sports
Partnering with a beloved brand like the NBA can help a retailer immediately elevate its own message.
By Yec, Forbes Councils Member. Forbes. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:00:00 -0400.
- Chain Retail And Restaurants Leave Manhattan As Pandemic Changes The City
Some major retailers have abandoned their stores and stopped paying rent.
By Daniel Cassady, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:15:11 -0400.
- Attacking retail, restaurant workers enforcing mask rules now a felony in Illinois
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the bill into law on Friday.
Ann Schmidt. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:49:31 GMT.
- El Paso police investigate burglary at West Side gun shop
The gun shop is located between the University Hill Plaza retail strip and the Sabertooth Food Co. restaurant.
Daniel Borunda, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:19:58 +0000.
- Debenhams to cut 2,500 more jobs amid pandemic
This is on top of the 4,000 announced since May, meaning the retailer will have cut a third of its staff.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:09:22 GMT.
- Retail sales rise despite fewer High Street visits
Sales grew again in July, but some retailers are 'hanging by a thread', the industry body says.
BBC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:01:01 GMT.
- Foot Locker rides pent up demand, US pandemic assistance
Foot Locker expects to turn a second-quarter profit thanks in part to aid sent to Americans to help during the pandemic. The announcement caught Wall Street, which had expected big losses from the retailer, by surprise Monday. ...
The Associated Press. Washington Times. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:42:36 -0400.
- The New Panic Buys: Kayaks, Pools, Tents and Trampolines
Americans seeking getaways (or staycations) in the pandemic are putting outdoor retailers in a supply crunch.
John Herrman. New York Times. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 20:39:35 +0000.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers