Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- Agencies to share data after illness linked to pot retailers
Two Massachusetts agencies have agreed to share data with each other to investigate whether six probable cases of vaping-related lung illnesses are linked to state-licensed marijuana retailers, as health officials suggested last week. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:21:50 -0500.
- Inventor of the bar code, George Laurer, has died at age 94
George J. Laurer, whose invention of the Universal Product Code at IBM transformed retail and other industries around the world, has died. He was 94.
CBC News. Mon, 9 Dec 2019 19:37:09 EST.
- Walmart pulls sweater with snowman and lines of cocaine
Retailer faces blowback over clothing that showed Santa Claus in front of three white lines that look like cocaine.
CBS News. Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:23:36 -0500.
- Deal or no deal? The expansion of Dollar Stores
It's the latest struggle between Main Street and corporate America: Dollar General, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar have opened tens of thousands of retail outlets across the U.S., and in many rural areas they are the only game in town. ...
CBS News. Sun, 08 Dec 2019 10:06:38 -0500.
- After going out of business, Toys R Us returns to Houston with more interactive store
TRU Kids, a Parsippany, N.J.-based company helmed by former Toys R Us executives, aims to breathe new life into the beloved 62-year-old toy retailer.
By Paul Takahashi, Staff Writer. Houston Chronicle. Fri, 6 Dec 2019 06:00:00 UTC.
- Leading UK commercial property fund suspended
M&G blamed "Brexit-related political uncertainty" and difficulties in the retail sector for the freeze.
BBC News. Wed, 04 Dec 2019 16:19:57 GMT.
- No cannabis vaping products, bigger cut of sales for retailers: N.L. government
The provincial government is boosting the commission percentages for licensed cannabis retailers and banning cannabis vape products in Newfoundland and Labrador for now.
CBC News. Wed, 4 Dec 2019 11:19:19 EST.
- Paisley Shopping Centre ceiling collapse angers retailers
They say they lost thousands of pounds after the collapse at Paisley Shopping Centre, last month.
BBC News. Wed, 04 Dec 2019 01:27:38 GMT.
- Retailers selling 'carrying straps' for airpods, turning them into headphones
To ease the anxiety of losing the wireless earbuds, retailers are now selling carrying straps.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 04 Dec 2019 00:59:31 +0000.
- Putin Signs Law Making Russian Apps Mandatory on Smartphones, Computers
The law, which will come into force on July 1 next year, has been met with resistance by some electronics retailers, who say the legislation was adopted without consulting them.
Voice of America. Mon, 02 Dec 2019 14:01:17 -0500.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers