Aggregated Retailing News Articles
- eBay plans to upstage Amazon Prime Day with Crash Sale on July 15 - CNET
The retailer announces the first head-to-head challenger to Amazon's annual mega-sale.
Steven Musil. CNET. Wed, 26 Jun 2019 08:00:04 +0000.
- San Francisco becomes first US city to ban e-cigarettes
The US city, home to market leader Juul, is the first to ban sales in-store and from online retailers.
BBC News. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 22:11:14 GMT.
- Wayfair is supplying beds to Texas detention centers for children; employees protest
Employees at online furniture giant Wayfair are organizing a walk-out to protest the retailer's sale of $200,000 worth of beds and other furniture to a Texas detention center for migrant children. ...
Abha Bhattarai, The Washington Post. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 21:01:23 UTC.
- Amazon's Prime Day, starting July 15, is now 48 hours long
Retailer is banking more shoppers will pony up $119 for an annual Prime membership to take part in an expanded sale
CBS News. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 20:33:17 +0000.
- Fashion firms criticised for using fake bump models
Campaigners want online retailers to stop using models wearing prosthetics in maternity wear adverts.
BBC News. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 16:49:03 GMT.
- J.C. Penney says China tariffs will hit women shoppers hardest
It's not just because of women's clothing: The retailer says many household goods women typically buy will also be hit
CBS News. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 04:41:48 +0000.
- New Jersey sues dealer over sales of firearm magazines
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said Wednesday the state is suing a Nevada firearms retailer after it sold high-capacity magazines to an undercover investigator in violation of state law. ...
Mike Catalini. Washington Times. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 11:44:12 -0400.
- Marijuana use increases, shifts away from illegal market
A new article reports that, based on analysis of public wastewater samples in at least one Western Washington population center, cannabis use both increased and substantially shifted from the illicit market since retail sales began in 2014.
Science Daily. Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:43:49 EDT.
- Why Today's Price Wars Are Ecommerce's Biggest Mistake
For most retailers, it makes sense to steer clear of any price wars, which they may not win anyway.
Anthony Ng Monica. Entrepreneur. Wed, 12 Jun 2019 15:30:00 GMT.
- Shareholders in HBC propose to take the company private
A group that currently controls 57 per cent of the shares in Hudson's Bay Company is proposing to buy up the rest of them and take the retailer private.
CBC News. Mon, 10 Jun 2019 09:37:14 EDT.
Retail Shopping Carts
Information about Retailing and Retailers
The News - News and Commentary about Retailing and Retailers