Aggregated Design News Articles
- Britain's first 'vertical farm' is about to produce its first crop with the help of a robot
The eerie Scunthorpe warehouse, designed to produce 500 tonnes of plants annually, has the potential to change agriculture forever. Everything is geared towards time efficiency.
Daily Mail. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 22:00:16 +0000.
- Tastemaker: Food designer Sarah Masoni's million-dollar palate
At Oregon State University's Food Innovation Center, she uses her most exquisite taste (buds) to help chefs fine-tune their recipes
CBS News. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 15:22:11 +0000.
- The biggest design fails online
Bemused internet users from around the world have shared the most hilarious design fails they have come across in their daily lives in a Bored Panda thread.
Daily Mail. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:44:09 GMT.
- WATCH: High school in England bans students from wearing designer winter coats
The ban is the school's attempt to stop "poverty shaming" among students.
ABC News. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 09:35:24 -0500.
- Oklahoma family-run shop aims to offer unique fashion pieces
MUSKOGEE, Okla. (AP) - Bella Meas women's clothing is a family affair from its name to some of its designer clothing lines. ...
Andrea Chancellor. Washington Times. Sun, 18 Nov 2018 01:01:00 -0500.
- Aldyr Schlee, designer of Brazil's famous yellow jersey, dies
Aldyr Schlee won a competition to replace Brazil's white kit after defeat in the 1950 World Cup.
BBC News. Sat, 17 Nov 2018 00:33:55 GMT.
- US airport security is slowly getting just a bit better - CNET
A different security checkpoint design that's finally landing at US airports could speed up your holiday travel... if you know how to use it.
Kent German. CNET. Fri, 16 Nov 2018 23:57:22 +0000.
- Why Architecture Education Needs to Embrace Evidence-Based Design, Now
Two professors argue for the importance of neurological research in design
Yahoo. Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:44:17 -0500.
- Confronting Facebook's Growing Pains
It is not that Facebook wants to promote poisonous material, but its system is designed in a manner that is allowing it to happen.
By Michael Posner, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 16 Nov 2018 15:55:00 -0500.
- School in England bans designer Canada Goose and Moncler jackets to keep poorer students from feeling bullied
Woodchurch High School sent a letter to parents to say that the ban is part of a "poverty proofing" scheme.
Fox News. Fri, 16 Nov 2018 20:07:17 GMT.
Contemporary Design Rendering
Information about Design and Designers
The News - News and Commentary about Design and Designers