Aggregated Education News Articles
- New England Schools Receive $70,332
PORTLAND, Maine - Berlin City Auto Group Awards 34 New England Schools with Donation from Drive for Education Program.
Business Wire. Fri, 8 Dec 2017 18:46:00 UTC.
- Sturgeon rejects call to 'ditch' named person policy
Nicola Sturgeon defended the policy after MSPs on the education committee put the brakes on legislation.
BBC News. Thu, 07 Dec 2017 15:27:20 GMT.
- MSPs vote to stall named person bill consideration
Holyrood's education committee refuses to produce a report on named person legislation, delaying the bill.
BBC News. Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:52:49 GMT.
- Canadian workforce is more educated and sitting in traffic longer than ever before: 2016 census
A majority of Canadians now have completed a post-secondary education, more seniors are working full time, and commuters are travelling farther and for a longer period of time than ever before, according to Statistics Canada data released Wednesday.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wed, 29 Nov 2017 08:44:25 EST.
- Advisory Board finalizes deal with UnitedHealth's Optum
The Advisory Board Co.'s shareholders and executives finalized a $2.58 billion deal with UnitedHealth Group's Optum and a private equity firm, splitting the consulting group's healthcare business from its education arm.
Modern Healthcare. Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:00:00 EST.
- Unsafe harbour: Parents weigh school versus safety in Thunder Bay
In remote communities throughout northern Ontario, Indigenous families are increasingly afraid for the safety of their children who must go south to get a high school education.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:00:00 EST.
- US withdrawal from UNESCO 'loss for multilateralism,' says cultural agency's chief
The head of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) voiced “profound regret” on Thursday over the United States' decision to withdraw from the agency.
UN News Centre. Thu, 12 Oct 2017 00:00:00 EST.
- Civic NationVoice: How Free Community College Transforms Rural America
For many rural Americans, two-year campuses are the only option for higher education and the skills needed to get a better job. Check out just a few of these rural communities investing in their students through free education.
By James Schuelke, Civic Nation. Forbes. Mon, 31 Jul 2017 16:22:00 -0400.
- Venturing Into Education: Investment With A Learning Curve
Capital investment in education technology is now measured in the billions, and VC's and nonprofits are lining up to be a part of the next big thing. But the price of success is always paid in full and always in advance.
By Rod Berger, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 31 Jul 2017 09:09:00 -0400.
- $6B in Improper Student Aid Payments Found at US Education Department
Members of Congress criticized the Education Department on Thursday over $6 billion in improper payments made as part of federal student aid programs. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 25 May 2017 19:49:13 -0400.
Two College Students Studying
Information about Education
The News - News and Commentary about Education and Educators