Aggregated Education News Articles
- How This Teacher Left The Classroom And Built A 7-Figure Coaching Business
More and more teachers are leaving education to pursue entrepreneurial endeavors. Find out what it took for Jesse Johnson to make the leap, as she left the four walls of her New York classroom and now runs a seven figure coaching business.
By Robyn Shulman, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:59:00 -0400.
- The Education of a Brotelier
With the help of a few famous friends, Ben Weprin is developing a chain of boutique hotels in university towns that relies heavily on nostalgia for college life.
Katherine Rosman. New York Times. Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:00:03 GMT.
- Report: Failure to Educate Girls Could Cost World $30 Trillion
Failing to let girls finish their education could cost the world as much as $30 trillion in lost earnings and productivity, yet more than 130 million girls are out of school globally, the World Bank said Wednesday. ...
Voice of America. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:35:48 -0400.
- LGBT advocates, NDP target rollback of sex-ed curriculum at Toronto event
The battle over the Progressive Conservative's roll back of Ontario's modernized sexual education curriculum kicked off in Toronto on Friday.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:31:05 EDT.
- Pentagon announces changes to Post-9/11 GI Bill
A new change to the Post-9/11 GI Bill will significantly alter which service members are eligible to transfer their education benefits, something the Pentagon says will bolster the recruitment and retention aspect of the program. ...
Andrew Dyer. San Diego Union Tribune. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:05:00 PDT.
- The teacher supply is plummeting. Pa. will spend $2M to stem the tide
Gov. Wolf announced grants Thursday to eight universities around the commonwealth - including Drexel, Cabrini, Lehigh, and the University of Pennsylvania - that will develop and implement residency programs for educators.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:40:17 GMT.
- Watchdog says Education Dept. stonewalls student loan suit
NEW YORK (AP) - The nation's consumer watchdog agency is accusing the Education Department of impeding a lawsuit that could potentially bring ...
Daily Mail. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:34:18 +0100.
- FCC starts to unwind 'kid vid' rules for broadcasters - CNET
Critics worry proposed changes could result in fewer educational TV shows for kids.
Marguerite Reardon. CNET. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:30:23 +0000.
- CFPB says Education Department is stonewalling its lawsuit against student-loan giant Navient
The nation's consumer watchdog agency is accusing the Education Department of impeding a lawsuit that could potentially bring financial relief to millions of student loan borrowers. ...
Associated Press. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:25:00 PDT.
- Once an assassination survivor, now a Nobel winner, Malala turns 21
The Pakistani girl was once targeted for death for supporting girls' education.
ABC News. Thu, 12 Jul 2018 09:42:05 -0400.
Two College Students Studying
Information about Education
The News - News and Commentary about Education and Educators