- Protective to Announce Second Quarter 2013 Earnings
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Protective Life Corporation (NYSE:PL) will announce second quarter 2013 results on Wednesday, July 31, 2013. ... ...
Business Wire. Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:30:00 UTC.
- George Wallace Stood in a Doorway at the University of Alabama 50 Years Ago Today
The Alabama governor famously protested the integration of the state university by two black students.
U. S. News & World Report. Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:05:00 -0400.
- Photo Advisory: Nature Made(R) Vitamin Manufacturing Facility Opens Doors in Opelika, Alabama
OPELIKA, AL--(Marketwired - Jun 7, 2013) -
Marketwire. Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:10:57 EDT.
- The Magic Of Nick Saban: Everyone Wants To Go To Alabama
By attracting more than half its current freshman class from outside of Alabama, the football powerhouse took in $50 million more from higher-paying out-of-staters than it did in 2007, the year Saban took over the program.
By Tom Van Riper. Forbes. Tue, 14 May 2013 17:32:07 GMT.
- On Gun Control, Alabama State Senate Treads Crazy Nullification Path
Nullification was discredited more than 100 years ago, but all that’s old is new again.
U. S. News & World Report. Thu, 02 May 2013 17:05:00 -0400.
- Location, Location, Location: The Economics of NFL Draft Positioning, Manti Te'o, and Ryan Nassib
Prior to the BCS National Championship game between eventual champion Alabama and upstart Notre Dame, Fighting Irish senior linebacker Manti Te'o was believed by many draft experts to be a Top 10 selection in the 2013 NFL Draft.
By Patrick Rishe. Forbes. Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:10:05 GMT.
- VIDEO: Granny marks 90th with a skydive
A 90-year-old grandmother from Alabama showed it is never too late to be adventurous by celebrating her birthday with a skydive.
BBC News. Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:08:41 GMT.
- 'Muscle Shoals' Documentary Tells Story of Small-Town Recording Studio
Some of the world's biggest hit records from the 1960s onward came from a recording studio in a little town in northern Alabama called Muscle Shoals. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:46:56 -0400.
- Voting law before US Supreme Court
The Supreme Court hears an Alabama county's challenge to a landmark 1965 voting rights law.
BBC News. Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:52:50 GMT.
- Clearer picture of cruise misery emerges as ship nears land
Passengers are desperate to get off a crippled cruise ship, which was slowly moving toward an Alabama port on Thursday.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:53:22 EST.
- How a hostage negotiation works
While the circumstances around a week-long hostage drama in Alabama - which ended with the rescue of a young boy and the death of his captor - are still being sorted out, the incident is a reminder of the delicate work done by police negotiators.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:25:20 EST.
- Efforts to end Alabama hostage situation shrouded in secrecy
Efforts to free a child from a gunman in a bunker, where the man took him after killing a school bus driver, have been shrouded in secrecy.
Mail & Guardian. Sun, 03 Feb 2013 09:48:00 +0200.
In 2008, the estimated population of Alabama was 4,661,900, whereas
in 2006, the population of Alabama was about 4,587,564.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Alabama's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Alabama
web page. For maps of Alabama,
visit this Alabama Map
The photograph at right shows the state capitol building
in Montgomery, Alabama.
Alabama newspaper publishers are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
Alabama library names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Alabama
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Alabama