Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- Authorities in North Carolina capture man accused of shooting 5-year-old boy to death
A 5-year-old boy, Cannon Hinnant, was shot in the head while playing outside his father's home, according to his family.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 00:02:00 GMT.
- Duke Energy Foundation gives $200K in racial justice grants to 12 North Carolina nonprofit groups
The 12 grants in North Carolina were proposed by Advocates for African Americans, a Duke Energy employee-led resource group, as well as other internal diversity and inclusion councils.
John Downey. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:27:13 +0000.
- Aquarium collecting coins in waterfall to help pay for animal care
The North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores is transforming the forgotten change into cold, hard cash.
CBS News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:11:52 -0400.
- Mother of boy, 5, shot dead says killer will 'rot in hell'
Bonny Waddell spoke out about the death of her son Cannon Hinnant, 5, saying his alleged killer Darius Sessoms, 25, will 'rot in hell' for shooting him in front of his North Carolina home.
Daily Mail. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:05:01 GMT.
- TBJ Plus: Plenty of NC firms on new Inc 5000 list; first reported case of Covid-positive dog in NC
Plenty of North Carolina firms on new Inc 5000 list; first reported case of the Covid virus in a dog in the state.
Dane Huffman. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:09:31 +0000.
- Biden Leads Trump Nationally And In Most Battleground States, CNBC Poll Shows
Only lead is in North Carolina
Andrew Trunsky. Daily Caller. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:47:58 +0000.
- Dog tests positive for coronavirus in North Carolina, dies after respiratory illness
A dog that passed away after demonstrating signs of respiratory distress has tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 in humans.
Wtvd. ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:26:43 +0000.
- Earthquake in North Carolina leaves behind 'big' crack in hill, aftershocks reported
When the most powerful earthquake to rattle North Carolina in more than 100 years shook much of the state on Sunday, the temblor apparently left its mark on one hillside.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:29:14 GMT.
- Navy veteran saved by Chihuahua after having a stroke
Bubu the pet Chihuahua saved his 86-year-old owner in North Carolina
Cortney Moore. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 01:15:41 GMT.
- President Trump says he will deliver convention speech from either Gettysburg or White House
President Trump's original plans to address the convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Jacksonville, Florida, were upended by the coronavirus.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 00:12:00 GMT.
- 5.1 magnitude earthquake shakes North Carolina
It's the largest earthquake to hit the state since 1916. It was felt as far away as Tennessee and South Carolina.
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:13:53 -0400.
- Residents Rocked, House Walls Buckle as Powerful Earthquake Rocks North Carolina
A 5.1 magnitude earthquake rocked North Carolina Sunday after a chain of smaller quakes had jolted parts of the state late Saturday and early Sunday. The 8:07 a.m. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 19:15:50 +0000.
- Earthquake in North Carolina Is Strongest in the Area Since 1916
The earthquake near the border with Virginia was the strongest in the region since 1916, the authorities said.
Bryan Pietsch. New York Times. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:18:42 +0000.
- 5.1 magnitude earthquake reported near North Carolina-Virginia border
A 5.1 magnitude earthquake struck near the border between North Carolina and Virginia on Sunday morning.
ABC News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 13:01:21 -0400.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina