Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- First look: Amazon 4-Star store opens at Crabtree Valley Mall (Gallery)
Check out Amazon's first 4-star store in North Carolina.
Caleb Harshberger. American City Business Journals. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 03:28:08 +0000.
- Supreme Court Issues Flurry of Last-Minute Election Orders
The Supreme Court has answered questions in recent days about an extended timeline for receiving and counting ballots in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
Voice of America. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:25:11 -0400.
- A Chance to Expand Medicaid Rallies Democrats in North Carolina
The legislature in this battleground state could flip to Democratic control, a prospect that is bringing out lower-income voters who stayed home in 2016.
Abby Goodnough. New York Times. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:47:53 +0000.
- Donald and Melania Trump hit swing states North Carolina and Florida
First lady Melania Trump will finally attend a campaign rally alongside her husband, President Donald Trump, with just five days to go before the 2020 presidential election.
Daily Mail. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:19:58 GMT.
- North Carolina Poll Shows Biden and Cunningham Hold Slim Leads
Joe Biden and Cal Cunningham both led their Republican rivals by three points, a Times/Siena College survey found. Perhaps most notably, 64 percent of respondents said they had already voted.
Trip Gabriel and Isabella Grullón Paz. New York Times. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:31:27 +0000.
- PHOTOS: Hurricane Zeta moves quickly across the Southeast
Moving rapidly, Zeta was still at tropical storm status even as it hit South Carolina and North Carolina, causing widespread power outages, downed trees and wind damage.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:52:00 GMT.
- Supreme Court Rules North Carolina Can Accept Mail-In Ballots Up To 9 Days After Election
'Last-minute changes ... risk altering election outcomes'
Brianna Lyman. Daily Caller. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:32:20 +0000.
- Maryland joins multi-state collaboration to advance offshore wind development
Maryland has joined Virginia and North Carolina in an agreement to share resources and work together to advance offshore wind energy in the region.
Carley Milligan. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:27:44 +0000.
- Senator Chris Coons: "Republicans have sharpened their tools for voter suppression" in 2020 election
In the final days of the 2020 campaign, the Supreme Court has decided to allow extended deadlines for mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. ...
CBS News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 11:41:57 -0400.
- Three Dead, Millions Without Power After Hurricane Zeta Hammers Southeastern U.S.
More than 32 million people, from Louisiana to North Carolina, are under tropical storm warnings.
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 10:27:02 -0400.
- SCOTUS upholds mail-in ballot extension in North Carolina
Under the Supreme Court's order, mailed ballots postmarked on or before Election Day must be received by 5 p.m. on November 12 in order to be counted.
CBS News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 07:58:30 -0400.
- Democrats' growing influence in North Carolina meets resistance in this House district
Bishop's special election in 2019 was considered an early bellwether of the 2020 presidential election.
CNBC. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 11:00:01 GMT.
- Supreme Court leaves North Carolina absentee ballot deadline at Nov. 12
The Supreme Court will allow absentee ballots in North Carolina to be received and counted up to nine days after Election Day, in a win for Democrats.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 01:29:00 GMT.
- Supreme Court denies fast track for mail-in ballot dispute in North Carolina
The Supreme Court will not fast-track a challenge to North Carolina's move to count mail-in ballots several days after Election Day. ...
Alex Swoyer. Washington Times. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 19:53:14 -0400.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina