Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- North Carolina hoteliers 'in full crisis mode' as 20K+ jobs could be lost
Thousands of hotel industry jobs across the state and in the Triangle are expected to be lost this year amid the spread of COVID-19 as travel plans are canceled and hotel revenues plummet.
Caleb Harshberger. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:59:33 +0000.
- What Duke Energy's latest agreement with NC customer advocate means for proposed rate increase
Duke Energy Carolinas and North Carolina's customer advocate have compromised on some of the utility's rate-hike request. But it bridges little of the difference between the 6% increase Duke wants and the 7% cut the advocate proposes.
John Downey. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:20:00 +0000.
- NC Coronavirus: 4 Dead, More Than 1,000 Test Positive
As of Sunday morning, four people have died in North Carolina, and more than 1,000 have tested positive for coronavirus.
Kathleen Sturgeon. Patch. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:13:08 -0400.
- NC Coronavirus: Texting Tool Connects Free Meals With Children
Gov. Roy Cooper has announced a texting tool parents can use in North Carolina to find free meals for their children.
Kathleen Sturgeon. Patch. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 10:28:34 -0400.
- North Carolina sheriff sued over halting pistol permits
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Gun rights activists filed a lawsuit against a North Carolina sheriff who temporarily halted handgun permits amid a surge of interest during the coronavirus outbreak. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 15:08:53 -0400.
- North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper orders residents to stay at home order amid coronavirus outbreak
North Carolina is the latest state to issue a stay-at-home order and close all nonessential businesses amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
CNBC. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 21:24:30 GMT.
- Heartwarming photo of North Carolina police officer eating pizza with homeless woman goes viral
Officer Michael Rivers, 29, saw the homeless woman sitting outside. Her shirt read: 'Homeless. The fastest way of becoming a nobody.'
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:00:39 GMT.
- Coronavirus Fears: Counties Tell Visitors to Keep Out
Small counties in Idaho, Florida and North Carolina, dependent on tourists, are now telling visitors to stay away as fears continue to mount over the coronavirus outbreak.
Newsmax. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:59:12 EDT.
- Rolling With The Times: Hundreds Of Toilet Paper Rolls Spill On North Carolina Highway
Hundreds of toilet paper rolls spilled out of a semi-truck
Allison Call. Daily Caller. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:21:42 +0000.
- North Carolina truck crash spills hundreds of toilet paper rolls onto highway, report says
A semi-trailer in North Carolina spilled hundreds of toilet paper rolls onto a highway Thursday morning, according to a report.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:35:34 GMT.
- New York, Hawaii and North Carolina ask FEMA for help handling coronavirus dead
New York, Hawaii and North Carolina have requested emergency mortuary assistance from FEMA to handle the coming deaths expected from coronavirus.
CNBC. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:21:29 GMT.
- Trump's New Chief Of Staff Not Yet Fully On The Job Amid Coronavirus Crisis
Congressman Mark Meadows of North Carolina has long had President Trump's ear. Now he's transitioning to what was a notoriously difficult job, even without a national crisis.
Tamara Keith. NPR. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 05:00:23 -0400.
- NC Attorney General Calls for Probe into Burr's Stock Sell-Off
North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein has called for an investigation into Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., over his selling stock just before the market crashed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Newsmax. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:17:52 EDT.
- Investor sues senator over stock sales ahead of pandemic
The North Carolina senator has run into problems over stock sell-offs.
ABC News. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 02:11:02 -0400.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina