Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- Glass bottles preserve milk's flavour better, scientists say
Scientists at North Carolina State University say glass bottles preserve milk's flavour and freshness better than trendy paperboard.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 18:38:49 GMT.
- North Carolina Police Issue Warning After People Keep Finding Razor Blades At Gas Stations
'Takes a lowlife to just go out here and hurt people out of pure meanness'
Devan Bugbee. Daily Caller. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:09:05 +0000.
- Boom breaks ground on $500M factory, looks to roll out first supersonic airliner in 2026
The Colorado company selected a location in North Carolina for its "superfactory."
Lillian Johnson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 15:02:51 +0000.
- Why Medicaid expansion will grow North Carolina's economy
The health care coverage gap has long been an unnecessary drain on North Carolina's otherwise robust state economy.
Gene Mclaurin. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:00:00 +0000.
- Amber Alert Discontinued, Parents Arrested After Kaufman County Infant Found Safe in North Carolina
The missing infant was believed to have been taken by his non-custodial mother, 23-year-old Abigail Margaret Williams, from a domestic violence shelter where they had been staying since Sunday, police said.
Brian Roth and Hannah Jones. NBC. Thu, Jan 26 2023 04:47:41 PM.
- North Carolina town puts out advisory after razor blades found on gas pumps
A police department in North Carolina has issued an advisory after multiple razor blades were found on gas pump handles.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:55:00 GMT.
- Puppy Rejected 14 Times in Failed Adoptions, But Overnight His Whole World Changes: 'He's Perfect'
Ronald the 1-year-old puppy was having some trouble. The pup, along with two of his siblings, found its way into the SPCA of Wake County in North Carolina on Dec. ...
Maire Clayton. Western Journal. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 00:04:52 +0000.
- Man Charged with Murder After Disturbing Attack on 82-Year-Old Home Depot Worker: 'It's Almost Beyond Comprehension'
Police in Hillsborough, North Carolina, believe they have finally caught the culprit responsible for the death of an elderly Home Depot employee. Terry McMillian Jr. ...
John Mccann. Western Journal. Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:44:25 +0000.
- New lawsuits target state restrictions on abortion pills
Supporters of abortion rights have filed separate lawsuits challenging abortion pill restrictions in North Carolina and West Virginia.
CBS News. Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:21:00 -0500.
- North Carolina doctor sues over abortion pill access, in test case of federal power
An abortion provider is suing North Carolina over its restrictions on the abortion pill, in what's expected to become a test case with potential nationwide implications.
ABC News. Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:42:44 -0500.
- Family of man who died in Raleigh, North Carolina police custody after tasing respond to report
Darryl Williams' mother said he had heart problems in the past.
Wtvd. ABC News. Tue, 24 Jan 2023 17:12:41 +0000.
- Newborn right whale calf found dead under North Carolina pier
The whale was last seen alive swimming alone off North Carolina's coast without its mother.
CBS News. Mon, 23 Jan 2023 07:45:07 -0500.
- NC State's Smith out of hospital and day-to-day
NC State star Terquavion Smith was released from the hospital on Saturday night and is considered day-to-day following his scary fall during the Wolfpack's game against North Carolina.
ESPN. Sun, 22 Jan 2023 13:45:58 EST.
- Why the Triangle teams' resurgence is good for women's basketball
Duke, North Carolina and NC State are all in the hunt in an ultra-competitive ACC. And when all three programs are doing well, the sport is stronger as a whole.
ESPN. Thu, 19 Jan 2023 20:22:05 EST.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina