Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- Comerica Bank starts with Raleigh as it builds Southeast strategy
Dallas-based Comerica Bank has tapped Raleigh for its North Carolina headquarters as it rolls out its new Southeast strategy. And it's hiring.
Lauren Ohnesorge. American City Business Journals. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 19:05:17 +0000.
- Why Amgen picked North Carolina over Texas and $110M worth of incentives
The company says its local investment could total $550 million, and it's planning to hire more than 350 workers.
Lauren Ohnesorge. American City Business Journals. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 17:16:16 +0000.
- 'This is crazy!' Man's $5 lottery ticket wins him $200,000
A trip to collect a prize and a last-minute ticket paid off for a North Carolina man.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 15:51:00 GMT.
- $1.5 million North Carolina home listing goes viral for Star Wars-themed movie theater
A $1.5 million North Carolina home listing has gone viral for its Star Wars-themed movie theater.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 14:35:44 +0000.
- Mom and her disabled son, 3, face living in her car after 'landlord almost doubled rent to $800'
Sheryl Chavez, 39, was given 30 days to leave her home of eights years in rural Edenton, North Carolina, after her landlord decided to raise the rent from $450 a month to $825 unexpectedly.
Daily Mail. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:27:13 GMT.
- UNC emails show long debate over tenure for Nikole Hannah-Jones, who took job at Howard University instead
The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill has released hundreds of pages of emails in connection with the controversy of its attempt to bring in the 1619 Project founder Nikole Hannah-Jones as a professor.
Michael Ruiz. Fox News. Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:47:15 GMT.
- Girl, 13, killed at picnic table in North Carolina drive-by shooting; 4 suspects arrested
Authorities on Sunday arrested four men in connection to a drive-by shooting in North Carolina that killed a 13-year-old girl who police said was struck by gunfire while sitting with friends at a picnic table.
David Aaro. Fox News. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 06:43:18 GMT.
- 13-year-old girl sitting at picnic table killed in drive-by shooting
A 13-year-old girl was killed in a North Carolina drive-by shooting.
ABC News. Sun, 25 Jul 2021 19:37:19 -0400.
- Bernie Madoff made 24 cents an hour in prison
Ponzi schemer who stole billions earned all of $710 for 3,000 hours of labor as a behind-bars orderly in North Carolina.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:57:32 -0400.
- Government Training Radical Leftist Activists to Spearhead Door-to-Door Operations Across the County
Activists with a left-wing group in North Carolina have been trained by a state agency to go out and confront people at their homes about their vaccination status. ...
Kipp Jones. Western Journal. Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:13:35 +0000.
- UNC Partners With The Brandr Group For Group Licensing Program
The Brandr Group and the University of North Carolina launched the first-ever group licensing program for current student athletes today.
By Kristi Dosh, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 20 Jul 2021 10:09:00 -0400.
- Country Club Of North Carolina Thrives In Pinehurst Amid Growing Appeal For Golf Communities
The real estate market tied to golf communities has been on the upswing. Particularly so for properties with a prime location like the Country Club of North Carolina, which is just minutes down the road from the iconic Pinehurst Resort.
By Erik Matuszewski, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:00:00 -0400.
- REPORT: Virginia Ranked Best State For Business
North Carolina, Utah, Texas and Tennessee rounded out the top five
Zach Vega. Daily Caller. Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:35:13 +0000.
- Nikole Hannah-Jones declines UNC job after tenure controversy
Journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones spoke exclusively to "CBS This Morning" in her first interview since she was approved for tenure by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
CBS News. Wed, 07 Jul 2021 07:30:56 -0400.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina