Aggregated North Carolina News Articles
- Trump Endorses North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis
President Donald Trump has endorsed North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, handing a significant political asset to the first-term Republican senator seeking reelection next year in the closely divided state.
Newsmax. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 20:04:42 EDT.
- North Carolina couple shell out $25K to CLONE their beloved cat Cinnabun
Bryan and Ashley Bullerdick, from Charlotte, North Carolina, decided to clone their rescue cat Cinnabun when the feline was nearing its 19th birthday, paying $25K to clone their beloved pet.
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 19:25:49 GMT.
- Fish For Free: No License Needed July 4th In North Carolina
Everyone can fish for free without a license on July 4 in any public bodies of water in North Carolina. Here's how to find a fishing spot.
Kimberly Johnson. Patch. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:13:36 -0400.
- How officials are working to lure this aerospace manufacturer to expand in North Carolina
As an aerospace manufacturer stealthily considers investing in eastern North Carolina jobs, officials are publicly offering a big carrot to help clinch its decision.
Lauren Ohnesorge. American City Business Journals. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:07:54 +0000.
- North Carolina man charged with murdering Missouri officer shot while responding to call: police
A 26-year-old man from North Carolina has been charged with murder for shooting and killing a Missouri officer who was responding to a call in Louis County on Sunday, police said Monday.
Talia Kaplan. Fox News. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:07:57 GMT.
- Roy Cooper, North Carolina governor, says Republicans' ICE cooperation bill unconstitutional
RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina Democratic Gov. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:40:08 -0400.
- More than 2,000 people win lottery prizes by matching numbers 0-0-0-0
More than 2,000 people in North Carolina won lottery prizes by playing the numbers 0-0-0-0 in a Carolina Pick 4 game over the weekend, resulting in a $7.8 million payout.
ABC News. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:25:13 -0400.
- Straight zeroes drawn in North Carolina lottery, resulting in $7.8M payout for winners
The numbers 0-0-0-0 in Saturday afternoon's drawing added up to a $7.8 million win for lottery players.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:25:19 +0000.
- Raleigh financial advisors go to court to force buyout of Durham firm
A pair of Triangle financial advisory businesses are fighting in North Carolina Business Court.
Lauren Ohnesorge. American City Business Journals. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:07:01 +0000.
- North Carolina Might Pass Law Allowing Beer Sales During College Football Games
This is a huge development
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Sat, 22 Jun 2019 15:45:25 +0000.
- More than 90 fire trucks expected at annual NC festival
SPENCER, N.C. (AP) - Almost 100 fire trucks are expected at the festival in their honor being held at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. The 5th annual Fire Truck Festival happens Saturday at the museum in Spencer . ...
Washington Times. Sat, 22 Jun 2019 05:00:51 -0400.
- Month-By-Month Summer 2019 Forecast Issued For North Carolina
The summer 2019 forecast for NC has been released by Weather Channel and the Farmers Almanac. Here's a look at the next 3 months.
Kimberly Johnson. Patch. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 14:34:38 -0400.
- Tim Tebow meets North Carolina college shooting survivor
A student who was wounded in a shooting at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte in April finally got to meet his hero in person before their game at BB&T Park in Charlotte.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:19:57 GMT.
- El Paso man allegedly shot in the back by two teens in North Carolina, found lying in the street
Tevin Lamar Bonner of El Paso was suffered life-threatening injuries after he was allegedly shot in the back by two juveniles in Winston-Salem North Carolina.
Associated Press. El Paso Times. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:22:12 -0400.
North Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of North Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,146,788||1.11|
|July 1, 2015||10,035,186||1.01|
|July 1, 2014||9,934,399||0.94|
|July 1, 2013||9,841,590||0.98|
|July 1, 2012||9,746,175||0.99|
|July 1, 2011||9,650,963||0.96|
|July 1, 2010||9,558,915|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of North Carolina was 9,535,483.
In 2008, the estimated population of North Carolina was 9,222,414, whereas
in 2006, the population of North Carolina was about 8,845,343.
For detailed, up-to-date information about North Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about North Carolina
web page. For maps of North Carolina,
visit this North Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Raleigh, North Carolina.
North Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
North Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about North Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in North Carolina