Aggregated New York News Articles
- The runner who beat COVID-19 -- and then ran the virtual 2020 NYC Marathon
In March, Tatiana Rojas was exposed to the coronavirus at the hospital where she worked. Two months later, her symptoms were so severe that she struggled to even walk. ...
ESPN. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:15:57 EST.
- NY State Trooper, 35, working Andrew Cuomo's security banished to post near the Canadian border
Dane Pfeiffer, 35, who is believed to be dating Cara Kennedy-Cuomo, the daughter of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, appears to have been an avid tennis player thanks to social media pictures.
Daily Mail. Sat, 31 Oct 2020 01:44:49 GMT.
- Twitter Unlocks New York Post Account
'Our policies are living documents'
Brianna Lyman. Daily Caller. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:08:00 +0000.
- Facebook manually limited New York Post Hunter Biden story: Report
Facebook fact-checkers manually flagged and restricted distribution of the New York Post's Hunter Biden story, documents obtained by The Guardian show.
Fox News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:00:25 GMT.
- Summit Midstream Partners plans reverse stock split to boost price per share
The company was warned in April that its stock price had fallen to low to continue its listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
Joshua Mann. American City Business Journals. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:39:43 +0000.
- Actor Paul Rudd hands out cookies to people waiting to vote in New York City
He handed out cookies in the rain to crowds waiting outside Barclays Center Thursday in New York City.
Wls. ABC News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:34:48 +0000.
- Clear Channel wins largest U.S. airport ad deal with Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
The 12-year deal will modernize the ad infrastructure at JFK, LaGuardia, Newark and Stewart airports.
I-chun Chen. American City Business Journals. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 21:06:42 +0000.
- MLB Owners Approve Sale Of New York Mets To Billionaire Steve Cohen
Upon final completion of the deal, Cohen will own 95% of the team.
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:07:15 -0400.
- In a Battered New York Office Market, Life Science Is Flourishing
With state and city government support, developers are building laboratories for medical research and incubator spaces for biotech start-ups amid the race for a coronavirus vaccine.
Jane Margolies. New York Times. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 19:06:10 +0000.
- Steve Cohen officially owns the New York Mets after MLB approves deal
Major League Baseball club owners and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio approved of Steve Cohen's purchase of the New York Mets.
CNBC. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 19:01:16 GMT.
- Tim Graham: 'Anonymous,' the New York Times and the jaw-dropping hypocrisy of America's liberal media
It was the wrong time for 33-year-old Miles Taylor to announce he is the much-celebrated "Anonymous" Trump official.
Tim Graham. Fox News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 18:07:34 GMT.
- 'Very confident': After trying spring, New York City hospitals prepare for virus resurgence
New York City hospitals and nursing homes are bracing for a potential resurgence of coronavirus patients.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 16:52:00 GMT.
- Video: Crane spins out of control from top of 84-story NYC building
An unstable crane spun out of control, hitting buildings and sending debris to the street in New York City on Thursday night.
Wabc. ABC News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:18:23 +0000.
- New York sinkhole: Man's horror over fall into rat-infested chasm
The ordeal in the Bronx left the man "afraid of rats going inside his mouth", his brother says.
BBC News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:04:50 GMT.
- These Are the Perks Companies Use to Get Workers Back to Their Offices
Free lunch. Discounted parking. Learning pods for children. Some New York City companies are offering incentives to workers who are required to return to the office.
J. David Goodman. New York Times. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:00:45 +0000.
- Home Depot signs lease to take over 120,000-square-foot Bed Bath & Beyond space in New York City
Home Depot is getting ready to bulk up its presence in Manhattan, taking over a space that is being vacated by Bed Bath & Beyond next year.
CNBC. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:46:23 GMT.
New York Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of New York as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||19,745,289||-0.01|
|July 1, 2015||19,747,183||0.15|
|July 1, 2014||19,718,515||0.23|
|July 1, 2013||19,673,546||0.36|
|July 1, 2012||19,602,769||0.43|
|July 1, 2011||19,519,529||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||19,402,640|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of New York was 19,378,102.
In 2008, the estimated population of New York was 19,490,297, whereas
in 2006, the population of New York was about 19,367,028.
For detailed, up-to-date information about New York's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about New York
web page. For maps of New York,
visit this New York Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Albany, New York.
New York newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
New York library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about New York
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in New York