Aggregated New York News Articles
- Oil holds at 12-week high amid stockpile drop, trade anxiety
Oil held at a three-month high in New York, supported by signs of falling American crude inventories yet capped by U.S.-China trade tensions.
Grant Smith and Sheela Tobben, Bloomberg. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:02:00 UTC.
- This Major U.S. City Offers Six Times More Space For Your Buck Than New York
It may be time to trade in your wing tips for cowboy boots.
By Heather Senison, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:19:24 +0000.
- Woman in booty shorts rides on TOP of 'her cheating boyfriend's car' before stomping on the roof
The scantily clad woman can be seen hanging onto the white car as the camerawoman and the driver race to catch up to the commotion. Clip is believed to be filmed in Buffalo, New York.
Daily Mail. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:12:51 GMT.
- Exxon wins New York climate change fight
A judge rules the firm did not mislead investors about climate change risks.
BBC News. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:15:43 GMT.
- Perceptions Give Way To Reality: ExxonMobil Cleared In Climate Change Trial
If you read my previous column on New York's lawsuit against ExxonMobil, you may not be surprised to learn that the company has been found not guilty of fraud.
By Robert Rapier, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:55:50 +0000.
- Exxon found not guilty in New York climate-change securities fraud trial, ending 4-year saga
Exxon Mobil is found not guilty in the case brought against the oil giant by New York's attorney general.
CNBC. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 17:36:37 GMT.
- Exxon not guilty of duping investors on climate change costs
New York failed to prove that Exxon's practice of keeping two sets of numbers on the cost of regulations was misleading
CBS News. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:49:35 -0500.
- ExxonMobil wins in climate change lawsuit in New York
ExxonMobil prevailed Tuesday in its much-watched legal battle with the state of New York, beating back claims that it misled investors for years in how it calculated the financial risks of climate change. ...
Dino Grandoni, The Washington Post. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:23:57 UTC.
- Historic downtown apartment building has new owners
County records show that a holding company based in New York purchased The Commodore, 222 E. Elm St., a 90-unit apartment building built in 1929.
Shelby Reynolds. American City Business Journals. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:00:54 +0000.
- NYC-based Payoneer looks overseas to bolster its payment technology
The company purchased Optile, a Munich, Germany-based tech firm known for making online payments much easier.
Anthony Noto. American City Business Journals. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:00:00 +0000.
- Eli Manning throws 55-yard touchdown to Darius Slayton in New York Giants loss to Philadelphia Eagles
Quarterback Eli Manning returns to the New York Giants with a 55-yard touchdown to Darius Slayton but cannot stop his side losing 27-20 to the Philadelphia Eagles.
BBC News. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 12:34:17 GMT.
- NY to bar sale of products with industrial chemical in 2022
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York's Democratic governor has signed a bill effective Jan. 1, 2022 to prohibit the sale of household cleaning products that contain a chemical often used as an industrial solvent. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 05:24:07 -0500.
- Long haul flights still 'incredibly important' for us: Air New Zealand
Nick Judd of Air New Zealand discusses new routes and markets for the airline, including an ultra-long flight to New York.
CNBC. Tue, 10 Dec 2019 07:52:42 GMT.
- 2020 Newcomer Bloomberg Stepping onto International Stage
New York billionaire launched his campaign less than three weeks ago, but he is already making his first foreign trip as a presidential candidate.
Voice of America. Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:25:22 -0500.
- New York Mets controlling owners in talks to sell majority stake to Steve Cohen
The New York Mets confirmed its controlling owners are working on a deal to sell 80% of the franchise to billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen. ...
CBS News. Mon, 09 Dec 2019 14:29:34 -0500.
- Cabot Co-op celebrates 100 years of dairy farming in a steadily declining industry
Cabot Co-op, owned by farm families in Vermont and New York, has been making cheese for 100 years, outlasting many competitors.
Dan D'ambrosio, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Mon, 09 Dec 2019 17:14:32 +0000.
New York Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of New York as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||19,745,289||-0.01|
|July 1, 2015||19,747,183||0.15|
|July 1, 2014||19,718,515||0.23|
|July 1, 2013||19,673,546||0.36|
|July 1, 2012||19,602,769||0.43|
|July 1, 2011||19,519,529||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||19,402,640|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of New York was 19,378,102.
In 2008, the estimated population of New York was 19,490,297, whereas
in 2006, the population of New York was about 19,367,028.
For detailed, up-to-date information about New York's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about New York
web page. For maps of New York,
visit this New York Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Albany, New York.
New York newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
New York library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about New York
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in New York