Aggregated New York News Articles
- Actor Jonathan Majors arrested for allegedly assaulting woman in New York
The actor Jonathan Majors was arrested Saturday in New York on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, authorities said.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 26 Mar 2023 03:31:34 +0000.
- NYC teacher accused of having sex with mentally ill student more than a dozen times
Sandy Carazas-Pinez, 33, a former teacher in Yonkers, is accused of having a sexual relationship with an unidentified 16-year-old student at the Biondi School in New York City.
Daily Mail. Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:56:41 GMT.
- Actor Jonathan Majors arrested for allegedly assaulting woman
Actor Jonathan Majors was arrested Saturday morning in New York on charges of strangulation, harassment and assault, police said.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 21:59:10 -0400.
- Actor Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation and assault in New York City
Jonathan Majors, one of Hollywood's rising stars, was arrested Saturday on charges of assaulting and strangling a woman in a New York apartment.
Teresa Watanabe. Los Angeles Times. Sun, 26 Mar 2023 01:49:24 GMT.
- Would You Pay $66,000 For A One-Way Air Ticket From New York To Abu Dhabi?
What is the most expensive airline in the world?
By Debbi Kickham, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 19:59:42 -0400.
- New York will demolish and elevate a waterfront park to fight floods, angering some neighbors
The Battery Park City Authority, as part of a major climate resilience plan, will tear down Wagner Park and elevate it by 10 feet to address flood risk.
CNBC. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:00:02 GMT.
- NYPD Emergency Unit Responds to Manhattan DA Office
A suspicious and threatening letter sent to the office of the Manhattan district attorney has merited a New York Police Department and FBI response. ...
Richard Moorhead. Western Journal. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:42:33 +0000.
- US-Canada move to close unofficial border points by weekend
A deal to limit a surge of asylum seekers between New York and Quebec goes into force on Saturday.
BBC News. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:33:27 GMT.
- Jason Sudeikis takes a hit in custody battle as Olivia Wilde alleges financial woes
Jason Sudeikis' request to move his custody battle with Olivia Wilde to New York was just rejected. Meanwhile, Olivia Wilde argues that her wallet is hurting.
Emily St. Martin. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:29:54 GMT.
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BK) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BK) closed at $42.75, marking a -1.13% move from the previous day.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:15:23 GMT.
- Overdose Death of Designer Who Dressed Lady Gaga Is Ruled a Homicide
Kathryn Marie Gallagher, 35, whose body was found in her apartment in July, died from a lethal mix of fentanyl and alcohol, the New York City medical examiner said.
Maria Cramer. New York Times. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:26:55 +0000.
- Ben & Jerry's: 'No evidence' of child labor in Vermont supply chain
Ben & Jerry's has told Rep. Becca Balint it is unaware of any child labor in its Vermont supply chain, as alleged in a New York times story.
Dan D'ambrosio, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:26:36 +0000.
- New York invests $4 million for businesses to hire CUNY's spring interns
Through the Spring Forward program, CUNY students will earn $20 an hour at no cost to the employer.
Sasha Jones. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:57:21 +0000.
- RI treasurer issues RFP for top state financial advisor
The Public Resources Advisory Group, based in New York City, has held the contract since 2015.
Mary Serreze. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:49:44 +0000.
- The History of an East Village House: Yoko Ono, Lou Reed, Tragedy and Peyote
Every building in New York has some history. The house at 64 East Seventh Street has a lot.
John Leland. New York Times. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 16:44:48 +0000.
- US and Canada reach deal to reject asylum seekers
The move is part of efforts to limit a surge of border crossings between New York and Quebec.
BBC News. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 15:49:49 GMT.
New York Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of New York as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||19,745,289||-0.01|
|July 1, 2015||19,747,183||0.15|
|July 1, 2014||19,718,515||0.23|
|July 1, 2013||19,673,546||0.36|
|July 1, 2012||19,602,769||0.43|
|July 1, 2011||19,519,529||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||19,402,640|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of New York was 19,378,102.
In 2008, the estimated population of New York was 19,490,297, whereas
in 2006, the population of New York was about 19,367,028.
For detailed, up-to-date information about New York's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about New York
web page. For maps of New York,
visit this New York Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Albany, New York.
New York newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
New York library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about New York
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in New York