Aggregated Arkansas News Articles
- COVID: Only 25 ICU beds left free in Arkansas after governor admits he REGRETS banning mask mandates
Governor Asa Hutchinson made the remarks in a Tuesday press briefing as Arkansas grapples with COVID hospitalizations and cases not seen since January. He's calling on lawmakers to help.
Daily Mail. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 21:10:30 GMT.
- Arkansas' GOP governor wants to undo ban on mask mandates
"In hindsight, I wish that it had not become law," Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson said Tuesday.
CBS News. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:02:15 -0400.
- As Virus Cases Spike in Arkansas, the Governor Backtracks on Masks
Gov. Asa Hutchinson signed a law banning mask mandates. Now he wants to unravel it, reflecting the dilemma for Republican governors across the South, where the health crisis has deepened.
Richard Fausset. New York Times. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 03:42:08 +0000.
- Southern US States Set Records for COVID Hospitalizations
Louisiana, Florida and Arkansas see highest numbers since start of pandemic.
Voice of America. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:56:59 -0400.
- Arkansas reports biggest one-day spike in COVID-19 hospitalizations
Arkansas on Monday reported 1,220 COVID-19 related hospitalizations, its highest-ever one day jump since the pandemic began.The record comes as the state is also swiftly approaching its record ...
Joseph Choi. The Hill. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 00:26:13 +0000.
- Arkansas state troopers fired at twice in one week during traffic stops
Suspects have fired at Arkansas state troopers twice this week during traffic stops, according to state authorities.
Audrey Conklin. Fox News. Fri, 30 Jul 2021 20:25:08 GMT.
- Arkansas mother accused of faking adopted son's terminal illness: What is Munchausen by proxy?
An Arkansas woman and her husband have been accused of a rare psychiatric disorder behind the life-threatening abuse and neglect they inflicted on their adopted son, according to public court documents.
Kayla Rivas. Fox News. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 20:14:01 GMT.
- Judge blocks Arkansas from early cutoff of unemployment aid
A judge ruled the state must restart pandemic jobless benefits that had been cut on June 26, citing potential harm.
CBS News. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:43:27 -0400.
- 13-year-old aspiring college football player buys billboard on highway asking coach to select him
An eighth-grader who has his sights set on becoming an offensive lineman for the University of Arkansas found a unique way to try to get the coach's attention.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 27 Jul 2021 03:43:00 GMT.
- Covid cases are rising again in all 50 states across U.S. as delta variant tightens its grip
Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Florida and Nevada are reporting the highest daily average of new cases per capita over the past week.
CNBC. Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:08:59 GMT.
- Activist Judge Steps In, Blocks Arkansas from Protecting Vulnerable Kids from Mutilation
U.S. District Judge James Moody temporarily put a stop to a new Arkansas law protecting children from sex-change surgeries and drugs. ...
Mike Landry. Western Journal. Thu, 22 Jul 2021 23:33:15 +0000.
- Federal Judge Blocks Ban on Nearly All Abortions in Arkansas
The law would have banned the procedure except to save the life of a pregnant woman in a medical emergency.
Maria Cramer. New York Times. Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:20:28 +0000.
Arkansas Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Arkansas as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,988,248||0.35|
|July 1, 2015||2,977,853||0.37|
|July 1, 2014||2,966,912||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||2,958,663||0.27|
|July 1, 2012||2,950,685||0.38|
|July 1, 2011||2,939,493||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||2,921,995|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Arkansas was 2,915,918.
In 2008, the estimated population of Arkansas was 2,855,390, whereas
in 2006, the population of Arkansas was about 2,804,199.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Arkansas' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Arkansas
web page. For maps of Arkansas,
visit this Arkansas Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Arkansas newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Arkansas
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Arkansas