Aggregated Arkansas News Articles
- Arkansas man kills himself after refusing voluntary DNA sample in cold case murder investigation
Steve Branch, 66, was on Monday confirmed as the man who raped and murdered 17-year-old Jessica Baggen in Sitka, Alaska, in May 1996.
Daily Mail. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:17:10 GMT.
- New Arkansas abortion restrictions to be implemented this month
One regulation requires doctors to notify local law enforcement when patients under 17 years old seek an abortion.
CBS News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:57:51 -0400.
- Kanye West qualifies for ballot in Arkansas
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Rapper Kanye West has qualified to appear on Arkansas' ballot this fall as an independent presidential candidate, Secretary of State John Thurston said Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 18:04:49 -0400.
- Southern Arkansas University shooting in campus parking lot kills student, officials says
A Southern Arkansas University student was killed and another wounded in an early Tuesday shooting in a campus parking lot, the school said.
Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:33:14 GMT.
- Birmingham firm acquires Little Rock multifamily complex
A Birmingham firm has purchased a multifamily property in Arkansas. Providence Investments acquired an 184-unit complex, Parham Point, in Little Rock from the original developer for an undisclosed amount. ...
Stephanie Rebman. American City Business Journals. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:29:55 +0000.
- Arkansas Reports 572 New Coronavirus Cases Sunday, Nine More Deaths
Arkansas health officials say the state has 572 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases and nine additional deaths due the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. ...
NPR. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:32:36 +0000.
- Man Plants Mystery Seeds from China, Months Later State Department of Agriculture Shows Up
A Booneville, Arkansas, man has sown the seeds of mild discontent with his state Department of Agriculture. ...
Andrew J. Sciascia. Western Journal. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 18:59:51 +0000.
- Engineering firm consolidating Wichita offices to Eisenhower Airport campus
The Arkansas-based firm entered the Wichita market through a 2017 acquisition.
Daniel Mccoy. American City Business Journals. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 19:51:20 +0000.
- In bombshell plea, close friend admits to murdering former Arkansas state senator
The main suspect in the June 2019 murder of former Arkansas Sen. Linda Collins-Smith, will spend 54 years in prison.
ABC News. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 17:07:37 -0400.
- Kanye West Makes Deadline For Presidential Ballot In Arkansas, Lists Michell Tidball As His VP
However, he missed the deadline for Kansas
Katie Jerkovich. Daily Caller. Mon, 03 Aug 2020 22:28:36 +0000.
- After Little Boy Has Bike Stolen, Local Police Plan Stunning Birthday Surprise
Seven-year-old Bryan from Conway, Arkansas, had no idea what was in store for him on Saturday. He had a party planned, with a bounce house, inflatable slide and a Batman cake — but the community had something more in mind. ...
Amanda Thomason. Western Journal. Sat, 01 Aug 2020 16:10:26 +0000.
- Video shows Arkansas police saying 'If you can talk you can breathe' before man dies in custody
An Arkansas police officer during a February arrest told a man who later died in police custody, "If you can talk, you can breathe," according to newly-released footage.The Conway, Ark., Police Department ...
Zack Budryk. The Hill. Wed, 29 Jul 2020 23:54:11 +0000.
Arkansas Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Arkansas as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,988,248||0.35|
|July 1, 2015||2,977,853||0.37|
|July 1, 2014||2,966,912||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||2,958,663||0.27|
|July 1, 2012||2,950,685||0.38|
|July 1, 2011||2,939,493||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||2,921,995|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Arkansas was 2,915,918.
In 2008, the estimated population of Arkansas was 2,855,390, whereas
in 2006, the population of Arkansas was about 2,804,199.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Arkansas' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Arkansas
web page. For maps of Arkansas,
visit this Arkansas Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Arkansas newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Arkansas
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Arkansas