Aggregated Arkansas News Articles
- Arkansas grandmother accused of seeking to kill ex-son-in-law in murder-for-hire plot
A 69-year-old Arkansas woman has been arrested in an alleged murder-for-hire plot charging her with trying to hire an FBI undercover agent posing as a hitman to kill her ex-son-in-law.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 15:50:36 GMT.
- US election: Walmart removes guns, ammunition on display at stores
Walmart says it has removed ammunition and firearms from displays at its US stores, citing "civil unrest" in some areas.The nation's largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Arkansas, sells firearms in about half of its 4700 ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 14:00:32 +1200.
- Court: Sales Tax Can't Fund Highway Project In Central Arkansas
The Arkansas Supreme Court says a half-cent sales tax can't be used to fund a $1 billion project widening an interstate corridor in the heart of downtown Little Rock. ...
NPR. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:37:39 +0000.
- How Arkansas coach Sam Pittman engineered college football's most improbable turnaround
The Razorbacks entered the season losers of 19 straight SEC games. But new head coach Sam Pittman -- a backup choice for the job -- has revitalized the team, which is a ref's one bad call away from being 3-1.
ESPN. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:26:59 EST.
- Teen beats coronavirus after allegedly facing 1% chance of survival
A 16-year-old Arkansas teen who at one point was reportedly given just a 1% chance of survival has recovered from the coronavirus after a two-week ICU stay.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:48:57 GMT.
- Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson says "hospital space is tight" as coronavirus surges
Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson says the state is making preparations for an prolonged increase in cases.
CBS News. Sun, 25 Oct 2020 14:48:07 -0400.
- Gov. Mike Huckabee weighs in on Trump, Biden battling for key swings states
Fox News contributor and former Arkansas Republican Governor Mike Huckabee joins 'Fox & Friends Weekend.'
Yahoo. Sun, 25 Oct 2020 08:42:38 -0400.
- Huckabee advises Trump to not focus on Hunter Biden during debate
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) on Wednesday urged President Trump to not focus on Hunter Biden during the second and final presidential debate, saying it would be "a mistake."
Joe Concha. The Hill. Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:13:20 +0000.
- Yes, friends, even game officials can land on our Bottom 10 list
What do you get when you mix a controversial call from Arkansas-Auburn with "US(not C)F and "JortsCenter"? Well, it's the latest and greatest Bottom 10 from Star Wars enthusiast Ryan McGee.
ESPN. Wed, 14 Oct 2020 11:09:14 EST.
- Grandson of Sissy's Log Cabin founder relocates to Memphis, continues family tradition
Wyatt Jones, the grandson of Sissy Jones, recently joined the Memphis branch of Sissy's Log Cabin as a buyer and sales professional, a position he held at the Little Rock store.
Susan Ellis. American City Business Journals. Fri, 09 Oct 2020 18:24:01 +0000.
- US Marshals capture Arkansas fugitive wanted for 'killing his girlfriend, 20, and her son, 4'
Jory Worthen was arrested in Burbank, California, Monday night, after US Marshals tracked him down to a hotel where he had been living for five months under the alias 'Ronald Kleigler'.
Daily Mail. Wed, 07 Oct 2020 14:50:35 GMT.
- 'We have lost a family member': Arkansas police officer killed, another hurt in shooting at motel
One Arkansas police officer was killed and another suffered non-life-threatening injuries during a shooting at a motel in Pine Bluff, police say.
Yahoo. Mon, 05 Oct 2020 20:33:45 -0400.
Arkansas Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Arkansas as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,988,248||0.35|
|July 1, 2015||2,977,853||0.37|
|July 1, 2014||2,966,912||0.28|
|July 1, 2013||2,958,663||0.27|
|July 1, 2012||2,950,685||0.38|
|July 1, 2011||2,939,493||0.60|
|July 1, 2010||2,921,995|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Arkansas was 2,915,918.
In 2008, the estimated population of Arkansas was 2,855,390, whereas
in 2006, the population of Arkansas was about 2,804,199.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Arkansas' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Arkansas
web page. For maps of Arkansas,
visit this Arkansas Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Arkansas newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Arkansas
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Arkansas