Aggregated Nevada News Articles
- What it's like to be in a coronavirus vaccine trial
Louis enrolled in the Phase 3 Moderna coronavirus vaccine trial at a site in Las Vegas. Here's what it was like.
CNBC. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:00:59 GMT.
- Coronavirus: World's biggest gambling hub reopens for business
The "Las Vegas of Asia" is hoping to bring back the high-rollers after its virus-driven visitor slump.
BBC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 04:37:45 GMT.
- 2/20: CBSN AM
Candidates take aim at Mike Bloomberg in Nevada debate; Mount Vernon pulls souvenir Washington dentures
CBS News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:31:45 -0400.
- Meow Wolf provides a sneak peek of its Las Vegas exhibit, set to open early next year
The art exhibit will bring an "eye-popping shopping experience," according to the company.
Collin Krabbe. American City Business Journals. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:15:00 +0000.
- Spring League football tourney to play in bubble
The Spring League is scheduling a six-team football tournament in Las Vegas in October, using a bubble concept that would be the first of its kind in the sport during the coronavirus pandemic.
ESPN. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:38:38 EST.
- Nevada requests that judge dismiss President Trump, GOP vote-by-mail lawsuit
The Nevada secretary of state has asked a federal court to dismiss a recent challenge from the President Trump campaign to the state's plan to send absentee ballots to all active voters.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 03:19:00 GMT.
- Las Vegas officials storm into a hotel and shut down the Mrs Nevada beauty pageant
The City of Las Vegas Business Licensing shut down the event on Sunday evening after the crowd size was found to be in violation of Nevada's crowd size mandate.
Daily Mail. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:10:22 GMT.
- WNBA Power Rankings: Las Vegas Aces jump to No. 2 behind Seattle Storm
Riding a four-game winning streak, A'ja Wilson, Angel McCoughtry and the Aces moved up six spots. The Mystics had the biggest drop this week.
ESPN. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:47:16 EST.
- Franco-Nevada (FNV) Q2 Earnings Top, Revenues Miss Estimates
Franco-Nevada (FNV) expects to benefit from improved mining operations, higher gold prices and stabilization in oil and gas prices in the current year.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:23:00 GMT.
- With Church Services Restricted and Casinos Open, Worshipers Pack Gambling Floor To Praise God
Mingling praise, protest and politics, “Evangelicals for Trump” gathered Thursday at the Ahern Hotel and Convention Center in Las Vegas. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 19:26:04 +0000.
- Meow Wolf was set to transform themed entertainment in Vegas and beyond. Then came the pandemic
COVID-19 put a pause on Meow Wolf's most ambitious, risk-taking and topical endeavor yet: the grocery store-inspired Omega Mart, planned for Las Vegas.
Todd Martens. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 8 Aug 2020 06:59:19 -0400.
- Does Franco-Nevada (TSE:FNV) Have The Makings Of A Multi-Bagger?
What trends should we look for it we want to identify stocks that can multiply in value over the long term? ...
Yahoo. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 10:28:16 -0400.
- Musk's Boring Company Gets Approval To Expand Vegas Underground Loop Using Tesla Vehicles
* What's Happening: Report finds the Musk's The Boring Company's Las Vegas loop will expand and use Tesla vehichles for transport. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:25:20 -0400.
- Las Vegas Raiders Could Lose $571 Million In Ticket Revenue With No Fans In Attendance At Allegiant Stadium
The Las Vegas Raiders announced earlier in August that they will not have fans in attendance at Allegiant Stadium during 2020 NFL season. This could cost the team $571 million in revenue.
By Vincent Frank, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 12:04:33 -0400.
Nevada Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Nevada as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,940,058||1.95|
|July 1, 2015||2,883,758||1.79|
|July 1, 2014||2,833,013||1.67|
|July 1, 2013||2,786,464||1.23|
|July 1, 2012||2,752,565||1.26|
|July 1, 2011||2,718,379||0.56|
|July 1, 2010||2,703,284|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Nevada was 2,700,551.
In 2008, the estimated population of Nevada was 2,600,167, whereas
in 2006, the population of Nevada was about 2,484,196.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Nevada's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Nevada
web page. For maps of Nevada,
visit this Nevada Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Carson City, Nevada.
Nevada newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Nevada
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Nevada