Aggregated Oregon News Articles
- 3 killed, "dangerous" suspect sought after crime spree in Oregon
A suspect is believed to have killed three people in wave of violence that included a hit-and-run crash and a shooting at a pot shop.
CBS News. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 12:50:17 -0400.
- Dozens of Portland police officers resign from unit after cop is charged
The officers left the voluntary unit a day after one of its members was charged with assaulting a woman at an Oregon protest last year.
CBS News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:36:16 -0400.
- The director of Juneteenth Oregon on why the national holiday matters
The Director of Juneteenth Oregon discussed the importance of the event and the holiday with the PBJ.
Austin De Dios. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:51:08 +0000.
- Legislation would pin recycling reform costs on Oregon Businesses
The Plastic Pollution and Recycling Modernization Act will use businesses to cover costs of an improved recycling system.
Austin De Dios. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:29:43 +0000.
- Pairing Cheese With Oregon Drinks
Southern Oregon has long been a hotbed of cheese production.
By Liza B. Zimmerman, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:35:55 -0400.
- Portland commissioner who wants to defund police gloats after riot squad resigns
Portland City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty has called for the Oregon police department's Rapid Response Team to be formally disbanded after all its members resigned.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:13:55 GMT.
- Bipartisan bill offered to limit use of 'stingray' cell tower simulators by police
Bipartisan legislation proposed in both houses of Congress would require local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to get a warrant to use so-called "stingray" devices that suck up cellphone data. Oregon Sen. ...
Andrew Blake. Washington Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 12:51:11 -0400.
- 50 Police Officers Step Down From a Crowd Control Unit in Portland
The officers voted to leave the unit, known as the Rapid Response Team, hours after one of its members was charged with assaulting a woman at an Oregon protest in August.
Michael Levenson. New York Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 02:24:48 +0000.
- Citizens Immediately Call in First Responders Upon Noticing Dog Stuck Underneath Canal Bridge
Lucas Kledzinski and Riley Swanson of Lebanon, Oregon, were out for an evening stroll on Sunday night when they spied a pup in a predicament. ...
Amanda Thomason. Western Journal. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:36:32 +0000.
- Police officer indicted on assault charge over alleged use of force at protest
A grand jury indicted a Portland, Oregon, police officer on an assault charge for what prosecutors allege was an "excessive and unlawful use of force" during a protest.
ABC News. Wed, 16 Jun 2021 11:00:41 -0400.
- Cat won't stop stealing items from neighbors, woman's sign warns
Cat burglar has a quite literal meaning in one Oregon neighborhood.
Cortney Moore. Fox News. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:13:20 GMT.
- Column: Finally, a red line. Lawmakers oust Oregon colleague who let insurrectionists into state Capitol
With a wink and a nod, Mike Nearman invited the Dec. 21 attack. The bipartisan vote for his expulsion was 59-1.
Mark Z. Barabak. Los Angeles Times. Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:00:07 -0400.
Oregon Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Oregon as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,093,465||1.71|
|July 1, 2015||4,024,634||1.42|
|July 1, 2014||3,968,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2013||3,925,751||0.68|
|July 1, 2012||3,899,116||0.80|
|July 1, 2011||3,868,031||0.78|
|July 1, 2010||3,838,048|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Oregon was 3,831,074.
In 2008, the estimated population of Oregon was 3,790,060, whereas
in 2006, the population of Oregon was about 3,680,968.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Oregon's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Oregon
web page. For maps of Oregon,
visit this Oregon Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Salem, Oregon.
Oregon newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Oregon
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Oregon