Aggregated Iowa News Articles
- Minnesota voters cast first ballots of 2020 election
While the nation has its eyes turned to Iowa, voters in Minnesota have already cast the first ballots.
BBC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 23:42:03 GMT.
- Klobuchar not worried about campaigning during impeachment trial
Though she is in fifth place in Iowa, Klobuchar said her plans set her apart from the "pie-in-the-sky ideas" of the other candidates.
CBS News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:18:21 -0500.
- Klobuchar on impeaching Trump while campaigning to defeat him
Senator Amy Klobuchar joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss her presidential bid as candidates gear up for the Iowa caucus. Klobuchar is polling fifth in the state, according to the most recent CBS News Battleground Tracker.
CBS News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:18:02 -0500.
- Chicago high school students traveling to Des Moines to join campaign trail ahead of Iowa caucuses
As the Iowa caucuses near, some Chicago students are getting valuable experience on the campaign trail this weekend.
John Garcia. ABC News. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 00:23:39 +0000.
- CNN Releases Audio from Heated Warren-Sanders Post-Debate Clash
Newly released audio has revealed what Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren said to each other during their altercation following Tuesday’s Democratic presidential debate in Des Moines, Iowa. ...
Joe Setyon. Western Journal. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:33:06 +0000.
- Mysterious cluster of deaths among Amish children is FINALLY solved thanks to genetic technology
Doctors were baffled by the deaths, which cropped up in multiple states including Pennsylvania, Delaware, Kentucky, and Iowa. The children suddenly passed away from heart failure.
Daily Mail. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:49:53 GMT.
- In 2012, Obama Won This Tiny Iowa County By 21 Points. Then Trump Won It By 20
Nearly a third of Iowa's 99 counties swung from voting for Democrat Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 to Republican Donald Trump in 2016. Howard County saw the biggest swing.
Asma Khalid. NPR. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 05:00:00 -0500.
- 'You called me a liar on national TV,' Warren tells Sanders after Iowa debate
Elizabeth Warren accused Bernie Sanders of calling her a liar before a national television audience during a tense, post-debate exchange in which she refused to shake his outstretched hand, according to audio released Wednesday by CNN.
CBC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 23:18:34 EST.
- Democratic Presidential Contenders Clash Over Foreign Policy in Iowa Debate
Debate comes less than three weeks before Iowa Caucus vote.
Voice of America. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 01:59:44 -0500.
- Democratic debate: Key takeaways from final debate before Iowa caucuses
An expected scuffle between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren didn't happen, but it did spark a more spirited discussion about gender and power.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 04:24:41 +0000.
- Best Debate Moment: Bernie Has Trouble with Math While Demanding Credit for 30-Year-Old Election Win
A curious exchange during Tuesday night’s Democratic presidential debate in Des Moines, Iowa, had Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders struggling to do basic math. It started with Massachusetts Sen. ...
Joe Setyon. Western Journal. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 03:58:29 +0000.
- The Latest: Democratic debate ends with talk of hope for '20
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The Latest on the January Democratic presidential debate (all times local): 10:25 p.m. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:25:45 -0500.
Iowa Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Iowa as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||3,134,693||0.41|
|July 1, 2015||3,121,997||0.45|
|July 1, 2014||3,108,030||0.52|
|July 1, 2013||3,091,930||0.51|
|July 1, 2012||3,076,310||0.36|
|July 1, 2011||3,065,223||0.47|
|July 1, 2010||3,050,738|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Iowa was 3,046,355.
In 2008, the estimated population of Iowa was 3,002,555, whereas
in 2006, the population of Iowa was about 2,967,270.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Iowa's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Iowa
web page. For maps of Iowa,
visit this Iowa Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Des Moines, Iowa.
Iowa newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Iowa
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Iowa