Aggregated Vermont News Articles
- Friday's Vermont sports scores and Saturday's schedule
High school and college sports scores and schedules as reported to the Burlington Free Press sports department.
Austin Danforth, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:17:35 -0500.
- Varsity Insider: Week 5 Vermont boys hockey power rankings
Essex, BFA and Stowe hold down the top of the Varsity Insider rankings as the boys hockey season heads into a frantic final two weeks.
Austin Danforth, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:13:30 -0500.
- Prominent pro-Sanders subreddit WayOfTheBern aims to divide Democrats, says social media analyst
Something appears fishy with WayOfTheBern, a prominent Reddit page dedicated to advancing the prospects of Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders, according to experts who track political social media. ...
James Varney. Washington Times. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:59:08 -0500.
- Here's the story behind this Vermont couple's Walmart wedding
"Who says you can't get everything at Walmart?"
Arianna Macneill. Boston.com. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:57:37 +0000.
- 'New York is about to give Vermont, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts the biggest economic stimulus they've ever seen'
"If this moves forward, we would have to set up a place in Pittsfield or Bennington just to make sure we don't lose business," says the founder of Dimension Fabricators.
Robin K. Cooper. American City Business Journals. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:51:55 +0000.
- A Vermont man is accused of abducting a mom and child in a mall parking lot and then sexually assaulting the woman
Everett Simpson allegedly pushed the woman and her 5-year-old son into their car outside the Mall of New Hampshire.
Associated Press. Boston.com. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 21:44:22 +0000.
- University of Vermont teen found dead in snow a warning to students, parents say
Dorothy Connor is sharing the story of her son Connor Gage's death on one of the coldest Groundhog Days in decades in hopes of preventing a similar tragedy from striking another family.
Jennifer Earl. Fox News. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:43:07 GMT.
- Gun rights activists challenge high-capacity magazines ban
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - Gun rights activists are scheduled to be in court this week, arguing Vermont's ban on high-capacity magazines violates the state Constitution. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 12 Feb 2019 00:24:07 -0500.
- Bobcat is spotted running wild around a parking lot in Vermont as it tries to get inside stores
A wild wildlife sighting in Vermont was caught on camera. Kyle Stevens filmed a bobcat which was spotted in a strip mall. The cat ran the length of the shopping center trying to get into the closed stores.
Daily Mail. Mon, 11 Feb 2019 01:15:15 GMT.
- Bernie Sanders and Lloyd Blankfein get in Twitter fight over stock buybacks
The former Goldman CEO and the Vermont senator spar over social media about whether corporate stock buybacks divert resources from meaningful investment.
CNBC. Tue, 05 Feb 2019 16:28 GMT.
Vermont Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Vermont as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||624,594||-0.24|
|July 1, 2015||626,088||-0.14|
|July 1, 2014||626,984||-0.02|
|July 1, 2013||627,140||0.11|
|July 1, 2012||626,444||-0.05|
|July 1, 2011||626,730||0.12|
|July 1, 2010||625,982|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Vermont was 625,741.
In 2008, the estimated population of Vermont was 621,070, whereas
in 2006, the population of Vermont was about 620,196.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Vermont's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Vermont
web page. For maps of Vermont,
visit this Vermont Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Montpelier, Vermont.
Vermont newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Vermont
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Vermont