Aggregated Tennessee News Articles
- World Cup 2022: Alex Scott & Micah Richards analyse Memphis Depay goal for Netherlands against USA
Watch analysis as Alex Scott and Micah Richards praise the Netherlands' play in build-up to their first goal against the USA.
BBC News. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 16:11:17 GMT.
- World Cup 2022: Memphis Depay scores for Netherlands against USA after 21-pass move
Watch Memphis Depay score for the Netherlands after a brilliant 21-pass move against the USA.
BBC News. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 15:28:19 GMT.
- The amazing story of a WWII veteran who joined in 1940 at age 14 because he was hungry
The amazing story of a WWII veteran who left Memphis to join the Army in 1940 at age 14 because he was hungry, but soon found war and then life as a POW.
Marcus Brotherton. Fox News. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 14:00:20 GMT.
- Missing Tennessee woman is found dead a day after her college student boyfriend charged with murder
Body of Jasmine Pace, 22, was found one day after bloody evidence was found the home of University of Tennessee Chattanooga student Jason Chen.
Daily Mail. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 00:16:33 GMT.
- GM, LG Energy Solution reveal $275 million expansion for electric vehicle battery plant in Spring Hill
Construction continues on the Ultium Cells LLC electric vehicle battery plant in Spring Hill, about 35 miles south of Nashville, on GM's campus. ...
Adam Sichko. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 20:31:05 +0000.
- GM, LG investing $275 million to expand Tennessee EV battery plant
The new investment is expected to increase EV battery production by more than 40%.
CNBC. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 20:30:25 GMT.
- Mixed-use office, residential, retail complex eyed near Trader Joe's
One of Nashville's busiest shopping corridors is being eyed for a new mixed-use complex.
Drew Hutchinson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 18:34:05 +0000.
- Brown-Forman (BF.B) to Retain Its Earnings Beat Streak in Q2
Brown-Forman's (BF.B) Q2 results are expected to gain from strong demand for its brands, mainly the resurgence of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, and growth across all geographic clusters.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 15:33:00 GMT.
- Surprised when the Timberwolves started Wendell Moore? So was he
Duke rookie Wendell Moore Jr. made his first NBA start, having to guard Memphis All-Star Ja Morant as well.
Chris Hine. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 01:56:56 +0000.
- Kyle Anderson says Timberwolves will have to 'keep pushing' without Karl-Anthony Towns
Wolves forward Kyle Anderson was with Memphis last season when the Grizzlies had to play without injured star Ja Morant, and said the Wolves have to just stay together and play.
Chris Hine. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 02:33:15 +0000.
- Tennessee Titans Have Ingredients To Shock A.J. Brown And Philadelphia Eagles
The Titans will face off with a former teammate when they go on the road to Philadelphia, and they have a few edges that could help them shock the Eagles.
By Nicholas Mcgee, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:04:04 -0500.
- Tennessee Republican pursues House rules changes to enhance transparency for bills
Rep. Tim Burchett wants to see more transparency in the next Congress when it comes to the contents of a bill, the names affixed to legislation and how votes are recorded.
Mica Soellner. Washington Times. Wed, 30 Nov 2022 15:33:08 -0500.
- Severe weather updates: 2 people are dead after tornado outbreak hits the South
A severe weather outbreak struck the Gulf Coast to the Tennessee River Valley on Tuesday, impacting Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.
ABC News. Wed, 30 Nov 2022 12:40:41 -0500.
- CBS Evening News, November 29, 2022
Oath Keepers leader found guilty of seditious conspiracy for role in Jan. 6 insurrection; Tennessee State University's marching band makes history with Grammy nomination
CBS News. Wed, 30 Nov 2022 06:49:34 -0500.
Tennessee Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Tennessee as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,651,194||0.85|
|July 1, 2015||6,595,056||0.77|
|July 1, 2014||6,544,663||0.77|
|July 1, 2013||6,494,821||0.63|
|July 1, 2012||6,454,306||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||6,397,634||0.64|
|July 1, 2010||6,356,671|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Tennessee was 6,346,105.
In 2008, the estimated population of Tennessee was 6,214,888, whereas
in 2006, the population of Tennessee was about 6,068,306.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Tennessee's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Tennessee
web page. For maps of Tennessee,
visit this Tennessee Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tennessee newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Tennessee
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Tennessee