Aggregated Tennessee News Articles
- FC Dallas defender Reggie Cannon condemns fans who jeered as players took a knee
Players from both Dallas and opponents Nashville decided to take a knee as the anthem was played ahead of their Major League Soccer fixture but they were jeered by a handful of fans.
Daily Mail. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:15:55 GMT.
- Nashville bars can reopen Monday with 25-guest limit
For the first time since July 3, bars and limited service restaurants are allowed to reopen.
Marq Burnett. American City Business Journals. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:10:29 +0000.
- Commercial real estate pros weigh in on Nashville's 'new normal'
We asked executives with the area's largest commercial real estate firms about the "new normal" presented by the Covid pandemic. Here's what they had to say.
Carol Smith. American City Business Journals. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:00:00 +0000.
- COVID-19 Affected Artists Predominately in the South, New Report Says
New research shows that creative workers in states like Virginia and Tennessee have been hit hardest by the pandemic thus far.
Observer. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:37:17 +0000.
- FC Dallas' Reggie Cannon blasts fans for booing as players knelt for national anthem: 'I think it was disgusting'
FC Dallas defender Reggie Cannon lashed out at fans who booed as his teammates and Nashville SC players knelt during the national anthem ahead of their Wednesday night matchup.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:11:30 GMT.
- Search for missing Kansas mother of 3 shifts to Mississippi River after husband's heartbreaking plea
Volunteer boaters in Memphis began canvassing the Mississippi River early Thursday in the latest search effort to find a missing mother of three who left Kansas on a solo road trip nearly two weeks ago.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:58:31 GMT.
- Tennessee state senator pleads not guilty to federal charges
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A Tennessee state senator has pleaded not guilty to charges of stealing more than $600,000 in federal funds received by a health care school she directed and using the money to pay for personal items and expenses. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:12:43 -0400.
- Girl paralyzed after car accident meets new 'furrever friend'
Juliet the puppy will be trained for the next year to help 6-year-old Memphis open doors, turn on light switches and more.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:27:00 GMT.
- Amazon crosses 1,000 hires at its new Nashville office
Amazon's SVP of retail operations, Dave Clark, said the company is "ahead of schedule" in its efforts to bring 5,000 jobs to Nashville.
CNBC. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:27:22 GMT.
- Coronavirus strikes indoor mushroom farms
Coronavirus outbreaks struck at least a half dozen mushroom farms in Washington, Tennessee, Colorado and Pennsylvania, sickening scores of workers.
Richard Read. Los Angeles Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 07:00:44 -0400.
- Peyton Manning Teams Up With Graduate Knoxville To Deliver Guests A Nostalgic Journey
Peyton Manning and The Graduate bring Knoxville a new hotel steeped in Tennessee's football history.
By Katie Kelly Bell, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:48:59 -0400.
- 5.1 magnitude earthquake shakes North Carolina
It's the largest earthquake to hit the state since 1916. It was felt as far away as Tennessee and South Carolina.
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:13:53 -0400.
- Mother of 3 goes missing on trip to visit family in Alabama
Marilane Carter, 36, last spoke to family from Memphis, Tennessee.
ABC News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 18:59:50 -0400.
- 5.1 earthquake in North Carolina reportedly felt hundreds of miles away
The quake was felt in nearby states including Virginia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:45:15 +0000.
Tennessee Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Tennessee as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,651,194||0.85|
|July 1, 2015||6,595,056||0.77|
|July 1, 2014||6,544,663||0.77|
|July 1, 2013||6,494,821||0.63|
|July 1, 2012||6,454,306||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||6,397,634||0.64|
|July 1, 2010||6,356,671|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Tennessee was 6,346,105.
In 2008, the estimated population of Tennessee was 6,214,888, whereas
in 2006, the population of Tennessee was about 6,068,306.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Tennessee's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Tennessee
web page. For maps of Tennessee,
visit this Tennessee Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tennessee newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Tennessee
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Tennessee