Aggregated Tennessee News Articles
- NC community colleges seek $244M budget hike with priority on salaries
The increase would raise the system's faculty salaries to the projected average of peer systems in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Zac Ezzone. American City Business Journals. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 23:34:10 +0000.
- Bengals fans celebrate historic milestone with team's first road playoff win: PHOTOS
No more sad songs for Cincinnati fans: The Bengals rewrote the ballad Saturday in Music City with a 19-16 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
Nikki Kingery. American City Business Journals. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:06:50 +0000.
- Tennessee megachurch pastor is caught half-naked with married co-worker by shocked parishioners
Tennessee megachurch pastor Tavner Smith said he is taking time off to 'spend time with God' after shocked church members found him half-naked with his married co-worker.
Daily Mail. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:44:32 GMT.
- Evan McPherson boots 52-yard game-winning field goal, lifts Bengals to upset victory over Titans
Rookie kicker Evan McPherson booted a 52-yard field goal as time expired to lift the fourth-seeded Cincinnati Bengals to a 19-16 upset victory over the top-seeded Tennessee Titans in the divisional round of the playoffs.
Daniel Canova. Fox News. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 01:45:25 GMT.
- How the Bengals Beat the Titans to Advance to the AFC Championship
The Bengals kicked a field goal on the last play to beat Tennessee, 19-16, in a game that was mostly dominated by each defense.
Ken Belson. New York Times. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 01:41:32 +0000.
- NFL play-offs: Cincinnati Bengals stun Tennessee Titans in divisional round
Evan McPherson's last-gasp field goal sees the Cincinnati Bengals stun the Tennessee Titans, winning 19-16 in the divisional round of the NFL play-offs.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Jan 2022 01:30:56 GMT.
- Women's Bracketology: Tennessee replaces Louisville on No. 1 line
Thursday's big ACC battle between Louisville and NC State knocked the Cardinals off the top line, making way for Tennessee to ascend to a No. 1 seed.
ESPN. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:10:51 EST.
- Tennessee Couple Says Adoption Agency Turned Them Away for Being Jewish
Elizabeth and Gabriel Rutan-Ram are plaintiffs in a lawsuit claiming that state funding of a child-placing agency that discriminates based on religion is unconstitutional.
Christine Hauser. New York Times. Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:46:02 +0000.
- Titans Vs. Bengals Divisional Round Spread, Line, Odds, NFL Playoff Picks
The Divisional round of the 2022 NFL playoffs starts off with the Tennessee Titans hosting the Cincinnati Bengals.
By Alex Kay, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:15:39 -0500.
- Penny's thoughts: Lay off me, struggling Tigers
Asked whether he was embarrassed by Memphis' performance vs. ...
ESPN. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 12:07:55 EST.
- Tennessee police officer shot in standoff with armed suspect
A Tennessee police officer has been shot in a standoff with an armed suspect.
Maria Lencki. Fox News. Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:12:55 GMT.
- Patriots And 76ers Owners Among Investors In $12 Million Series A Round For Sports Betting App Wagr
Wagr, a social sports betting app founded by two Harvard Business School classmates, raised $12 million in a Series A funding round. The app is available in Tennessee, and the company hopes to expand to five more states this year.
By Tim Casey, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 20 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500.
- WATCH: Dangerous winter storm hits the south
Snow and sleet are creating hazardous conditions on the roads, hitting Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
ABC News. Mon, 17 Jan 2022 20:01:47 -0500.
- Twin Cities speakers honor MLK's legacy with call to action
As people across the Minnesota honored King's legacy Monday, local leaders encouraged citizens to continue his push for civil rights nearly 54 years after he was assassinated in Memphis.
Maya Rao. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:05:41 +0000.
Tennessee Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Tennessee as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,651,194||0.85|
|July 1, 2015||6,595,056||0.77|
|July 1, 2014||6,544,663||0.77|
|July 1, 2013||6,494,821||0.63|
|July 1, 2012||6,454,306||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||6,397,634||0.64|
|July 1, 2010||6,356,671|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Tennessee was 6,346,105.
In 2008, the estimated population of Tennessee was 6,214,888, whereas
in 2006, the population of Tennessee was about 6,068,306.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Tennessee's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Tennessee
web page. For maps of Tennessee,
visit this Tennessee Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tennessee newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Tennessee
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Tennessee