Aggregated Tennessee News Articles
- A new suspect was named in the slaying a woman, 19, after another man was executed for her murder
Sedley Alley was put to death by the state of Tennessee for the 1985 murder of Suzanne Marine Collins. However, authorities now have a suspect who may be the real killer.
Daily Mail. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 22:13:34 GMT.
- 1st of many federal broadband grants announced in Tennessee
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced on Friday the first of many federal investments targeting the creation of critical broadband internet infrastructure in underserved rural areas across the country. ...
Adrian Sainz. Washington Times. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:59:54 -0400.
- Tech training program aims to scale ahead of Amazon's Nashville arrival
Apprenti Tennessee is getting ready for its second cohort and looking to hire a full-time staffer to recruit companies to the program.
Joel Stinnett. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:01:27 +0000.
- Women of Influence: Belinda Dinwiddie Havron, The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
Get to know 2019 Women of Influence winner Belinda Dinwiddie Havron.
American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:54:20 +0000.
- Icon's Derelict 1949 Hudson is a Nashville barroom bruiser - Roadshow
Despite its Corvette's heart and alligator insides, the Icon Derelict Hudson is more subtle than you'd think.
Kyle Hyatt. CNET. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 09:00:00 +0000.
- 4-Year-Old Tennessee Boy Saves His 2-Year-Old Sister from Drowning: He's a 'Hero'
A Tennessee boy is being hailed as a hero after he rescued his toddler sister from drowning in the family pool.
Southern Living. Southern Living. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:21:04 +0000.
- Rubber track maker to create 250 jobs at Tennessee facility
MILAN, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee officials say a company that manufactures rubber tracks and undercarriages for industrial and agricultural equipment plans to create 250 jobs at its new Tennessee plant. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 16 Oct 2019 04:32:29 -0400.
- South Carolina 'spree killer' arrested in Florida after tense standoff, set to face three murder charges: cops
A South Carolina man was accused Monday of going on a killing spree, fatally stabbing three people in Tennessee and Florida before his arrest in Florida after an overnight standoff in which he fired shots at deputies.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 17:34:08 GMT.
- FedEx Announces Expansion of FedEx Freight Direct
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. ... ...
Business Wire. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:00:00 UTC.
- Kurds in the U.S. alarmed by Trump's decision to pull troops from Syria
Some Kurds living in the U.S. said they feel abandoned after the president decided to pull U.S. forces out of northern Syria. Manuel Bojorquez visited Nashville, the city with the largest concentration of Kurds outside the Middle East.
CBS News. Mon, 14 Oct 2019 19:48:02 -0400.
- Temple Football Keeps Winning Despite Indifference From Much Of Philadelphia
Temple boosted its record to 5-1, 2-0 in the American Athletic Conference, with a 30-28 upset of No. 23 Memphis. The Owls took advantage of four Tigers turnovers to post their second win over a ranked opponent.
By Jon Marks, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:47:05 +0000.
- 2020 Presidential debate sites announced for general election
The University of Notre Dame, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and Belmont University in Nashville will host the 2020 presidential general election debates.
ABC News. Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:46:59 -0400.
- Would you buy a 700-hp 2020 Ford Mustang for $40,000? - Roadshow
Brown Lee Ford in Tennessee is thinking that the answer to that is yes.
Kyle Hyatt. CNET. Fri, 11 Oct 2019 00:14:34 +0000.
- Nashville girl, 8, escapes knife attack that killed her mom, brother, and wounded her sister: reports
An 8-year-old girl in Nashville survived a Monday morning knife attack that killed her mother, brother, and wounded her older sister, according to reports.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Mon, 07 Oct 2019 20:11:57 GMT.
Tennessee Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Tennessee as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,651,194||0.85|
|July 1, 2015||6,595,056||0.77|
|July 1, 2014||6,544,663||0.77|
|July 1, 2013||6,494,821||0.63|
|July 1, 2012||6,454,306||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||6,397,634||0.64|
|July 1, 2010||6,356,671|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Tennessee was 6,346,105.
In 2008, the estimated population of Tennessee was 6,214,888, whereas
in 2006, the population of Tennessee was about 6,068,306.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Tennessee's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Tennessee
web page. For maps of Tennessee,
visit this Tennessee Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tennessee newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Tennessee
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Tennessee