Aggregated Tennessee News Articles
- 15 people shot, Kroger grocery store shooting suspect identified
Police are responding to a shooting at a Krogers grocery store near Memphis, Tennessee.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:19:19 -0400.
- Police identify alleged gunman in Tennessee supermarket shooting
Police have identified the alleged gunman who opened fire at a Collierville, Tennessee, supermarket, killing at least one and injuring more than dozen others. Janet Shamlian reports.
CBS News. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 00:20:54 -0400.
- US teen allegedly shot mother in head for taking away his mobile phone
A teen in Tennessee, US, has been charged with first-degree murder and is accused of shooting his sleeping mother in the head after she took away his cell phone.Shawn Willis, 17, is accused of shooting his mum, Sandy Willis, ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:30:27 +1200.
- Kroger shooter who killed one, injured 15 before killing himself identified as 'third party vendor'
Police have identified the gunman responsible for leaving one person dead and another 15 people injured after opening fire inside a Kroger grocery store near Memphis on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:45:44 GMT.
- Second Tennessee judge blocks Gov. Bill Lee's mask opt-out
A federal judge affirmed a lower court ruling saying that Knox County public schools must implement a mask mandate, a blow to Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee's order allowing parents to opt out of school mask requirements.
Fox News. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:20:44 GMT.
- CBS Evening News, September 23, 2021
At least 1 killed in shooting at Tennessee supermarket; At-risk youth find their voices through performance art
CBS News. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:50:39 -0400.
- Man who shot 15 people at a Tennessee Kroger was a third-party vendor, police say
Tennessee officials revealed that the gunman behind the shooting at a Kroger on Thursday was a third-party vendor of the grocery store.
Emma Colton. Fox News. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:57:37 GMT.
- Gunman in deadly Tennessee grocery shooting was a third-party vendor, police say
When the gunman opened fire, workers and shoppers desperately scattered, some even taking shelter in freezers and offices, police and witnesses said.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:52:00 GMT.
- Prolific Nashville restaurateur sets opening for first Cincinnati eatery: PHOTOS
A prolific Nashville restaurateur is set to open his first restaurant in Over-the-Rhine, one of two he is currently working on in Cincinnati.
Andy Brownfield. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:34:59 +0000.
- Meet Aishwarya Airy, MBJ's new data reporter
Memphis Business Journal is pleased to announce the recent hire of Aishwarya Airy as data reporter.
American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:43:37 +0000.
- Shooting at Tennessee grocery store leaves at least 1 dead, 14 others injured
"He kept on shooting, shooting, shooting."
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:25:00 GMT.
- K9 Fighting for Life After Being Shot Several Times in Line of Duty
Early Wednesday morning, police in Cleveland, Tennessee, started to get calls about people trying to break into cars at an apartment complex. ...
Amanda Thomason. Western Journal. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:26:21 +0000.
- Gunman Killed One And Injured 12 In Tennessee Grocery Shooting Before Killing Himself, Police Say
The suspected gunman is dead, police said.
By Carlie Porterfield, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:45:57 -0400.
- How Parents of Disabled Children Navigate the School Mask Wars
In Tennessee, where the governor allows families to ignore school mask mandates, some parents are making excruciating calculations each morning about whether to send their children to school.
Erica L. Green. New York Times. Thu, 23 Sep 2021 07:00:16 +0000.
Tennessee Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Tennessee as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,651,194||0.85|
|July 1, 2015||6,595,056||0.77|
|July 1, 2014||6,544,663||0.77|
|July 1, 2013||6,494,821||0.63|
|July 1, 2012||6,454,306||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||6,397,634||0.64|
|July 1, 2010||6,356,671|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Tennessee was 6,346,105.
In 2008, the estimated population of Tennessee was 6,214,888, whereas
in 2006, the population of Tennessee was about 6,068,306.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Tennessee's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Tennessee
web page. For maps of Tennessee,
visit this Tennessee Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Nashville, Tennessee.
Tennessee newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Tennessee
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Tennessee