Aggregated Minnesota News Articles
- Minnesota Attorney General asks court to remove Otto Bremer Trust trustees
The AG's office alleges a pattern of serious breaches, including self-dealing, excessive compensation and spending.
Patrick Rehkamp. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:56:55 +0000.
- Nortech shutters one facility, sells two as Covid-19 turns up the pressure
The Nortech production facility in Merrifield will permanently close at the end of the year, the company said in a letter to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
Carrigan Miller. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:38:47 +0000.
- Omar easily wins primary challenge as 'the Squad' continues unbeaten streak
The freshman congresswoman was facing a well-funded opponent in Minnesota's Fifth District but cruised to victory.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:26:14 -0400.
- Ilhan Omar fends off primary challenge
MINNEAPOLIS — Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota on Tuesday survived a stiff Democratic primary challenge from a well-funded opponent who tried to make an issue of her national celebrity. ...
Steve Karnowski and Mohamed Ibrahim. Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:25:55 -0400.
- Here Are The Celebrities Who Donated To Minnesota Freedom Fund, Which Bailed Out Several Allegedly Violent Criminals
Seth Rogen, Steve Carrell and Don Cheadle were among celebrities who matched donations to the Minnesota Freedom Fund
Lauryn Overhultz. Daily Caller. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:36:56 +0000.
- Ilhan Omar faces tough primary vote in her Minneapolis district
Rep. Ilhan Omar, a member of the so-called 'squad,' is facing the toughest primary battle of the progressive female foursome who were elected to Congress in 2018.
Daily Mail. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:05:44 GMT.
- Poll: Trump trails Biden by 3 points in Minnesota
President Trump is within striking distance of former Vice President Joe Biden in Minnesota, according to a new Emerson College poll released Tuesday that shows the GOP incumbent trailing by only 3 points in a state ...
Max Greenwood. The Hill. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:28:38 +0000.
- Republicans retrench in fight for the Senate
The party once thought of putting Democratic seats in battlegrounds like Michigan and Minnesota in play. Now it's fighting to protect incumbents.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:30:55 -0400.
- Police bodycam videos raise questions over George Floyd's treatment in police custody
In Minneapolis, a judge released the full bodycam videos from two former officers charged in the death of George Floyd. The footage raises new and troubling questions about how he was treated in custody. Mola Lenghi reports. ...
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 19:33:02 -0400.
- Minneapolis Hairdresser Shuttered by Coronavirus Lockdown Reopens
Return also delayed by protests in late May after the death of George Floyd in police custody.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:49:26 -0400.
- New American Finds Hope in Ashes of Minneapolis Restaurant
Owner of property burned in George Floyd unrest hopes to revitalize his neighborhood as he rebuilds.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 15:35:54 -0400.
- Judge orders release of police body camera video in George Floyd case
A Minnesota judge ordered the release of body camera footage recorded by former officers charged in the death of George Floyd.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 23:32:00 GMT.
- Vikings' Cameron Smith to undergo open-heart surgery after learning of issue through positive COVID-19 test
Minnesota Vikings linebacker Cameron Smith will be forced to miss the 2020 season after learning he needs open-heart surgery to address an issue he learned about while taking a COVID-19 test.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 16:59:25 GMT.
- Minnesota Vikings player finds out he needs open heart surgery after testing positive for COVID-19
Cameron Smith made the announcement on Instagram saying he found out he needed surgery after testing positive for COVID-19.
Wls. ABC News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 16:38:24 +0000.
Minnesota Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Minnesota as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,519,952||0.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,482,435||0.54|
|July 1, 2014||5,453,109||0.64|
|July 1, 2013||5,418,521||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||5,380,285||0.59|
|July 1, 2011||5,348,562||0.70|
|July 1, 2010||5,311,147|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Minnesota was 5,303,925.
In 2008, the estimated population of Minnesota was 5,220,393, whereas
in 2006, the population of Minnesota was about 5,143,134.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Minnesota's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Minnesota
web page. For maps of Minnesota,
visit this Minnesota Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Minnesota newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Minnesota
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Minnesota