Aggregated Minnesota News Articles
- State, independent autopsies agree on homicide in George Floyd case, but clash on underlying cause
A medical examiner's office on Monday ruled that the death of George Floyd, the black man whose killing in Minneapolis police custody last week triggered nationwide protests, was a homicide and that he died from asphyxiation.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 19:54:34 -0400.
- How Did George Floyd Die? A Private Autopsy Said It Was Asphyxiation
A private autopsy commissioned by the family concluded that his death was a homicide, brought about by compression of his neck and back by Minneapolis police officers.
Frances Robles and Audra D. S. Burch. New York Times. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:37:53 +0000.
- Lizzo breaks down in tears as she speaks out against racism amid ongoing protests
The singer, 32, used her platform to speak out against injustice and has demanded the full picture be told as she shared information from people who live in Minneapolis.
Daily Mail. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:21:47 GMT.
- They Fled Asia as Refugees. Now They Are Caught in the Middle of Minneapolis.
Thousands of Hmong-Americans settled in the Twin Cities area after the Vietnam War. They became business owners, teachers and police officers.
Sabrina Tavernise. New York Times. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:42:23 +0000.
- George Floyd's brother tells the nation to stop rioting: 'That's not going to bring my brother back'
George Floyd's younger brother, Terrence Floyd, traveled from New York City to Minneapolis to visit a memorial at the site where Floyd was fatally restrained by police
Molly Hennessy-fiske. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 1 Jun 2020 18:25:29 -0400.
- George Floyd death: Police officer suspended after video shows him pushing a kneeling woman to the ground
Fort Lauderdale police suspended an officer after video showed he pushed a kneeling black woman to the ground during protests over the police killing of George Floyd in Minnesota, escalating a clash where bottles were thrown and ...
New Zealand Herald. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 09:37:03 +1200.
- How the weekend unfolded: Timeline of Chicago protests, looting and unrest
Tense protests Friday over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 25 turned into a weekend of violent unrest downtown in the Loop and along Michigan Avenue. Here is how some of the events unfolded.
Jonathon Berlin, Kori Rumore. Chicago Tribune. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 21:05:07 +0000.
- Man charged after 'disturbing' video shows semi driving on bridge crowded with protesters
The man who drove a tractor-trailer on a Minneapolis bridge crowded with protesters Sunday evening has been charged with assault.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:58:00 GMT.
- Floyd's brother rebukes people 'messing up my community'
Terrence Floyd assails rowdy Minneapolis demonstrators for "messing up my community".
BBC News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:52:42 GMT.
- George Floyd's brother calls for peace in Minneapolis as city braces for more demonstrations
"I understand you're upset," Terrence Floyd said, adding that civil unrest and destruction is "not going to bring my brother back at all."
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:45:48 +0000.
- Fourth day of unrest in Minneapolis over George Floyd's death
Friday was the fourth day of protests and unrest in Minneapolis as demonstrators continue to call for charges against the police officer who pinned down George Floyd, resulting in his death. ...
CBS News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:34:45 -0400.
- 8 Minutes and 46 Seconds: How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody
On May 25, Minneapolis police officers arrested George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, after a deli employee called 911, accusing him of buying cigarettes with a counterfeit $20 bill. ...
Yahoo. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:33:08 -0400.
- Minnesota National Guard Opened Fire on a Vehicle, Commander Says
A soldier fired three rounds at a speeding vehicle deemed a threat, officials said.
Yahoo. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 16:32:54 -0400.
- Peaceful Black Lives Matter protest on Northwest Side culminates in speech about police brutality
Peaceful protesters marched through Logan Square and Wicker Park in Chicago on Sunday night for hours beyond the 9 P.M. curfew imposed in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:32:15 +0000.
Minnesota Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Minnesota as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,519,952||0.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,482,435||0.54|
|July 1, 2014||5,453,109||0.64|
|July 1, 2013||5,418,521||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||5,380,285||0.59|
|July 1, 2011||5,348,562||0.70|
|July 1, 2010||5,311,147|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Minnesota was 5,303,925.
In 2008, the estimated population of Minnesota was 5,220,393, whereas
in 2006, the population of Minnesota was about 5,143,134.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Minnesota's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Minnesota
web page. For maps of Minnesota,
visit this Minnesota Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Minnesota newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Minnesota
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Minnesota