Aggregated California News Articles
- UPDATE 2-Stitch Fix to cut 1,400 jobs in California, invest in other U.S. states
Stitch Fix Inc said on Monday it plans to cut up to 1,400 jobs in California and invest in other U.S. states where the apparel seller would offer new roles to all those affected.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:35:20 -0400.
- US counts cost after riots and looting break out across the country
Police and fire departments fought into the night on Sunday to quell the violet chaos as fires burned near the White House and shops were looted from New York City to Southern California.
Daily Mail. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 02:09:09 GMT.
- California liquor store owner uses AR-15 to protect his property from looters in George Floyd unrest
A California liquor store owner kept his business safe from looters in Santa Monica after standing in front of the establishment armed with an AR-15.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:05:51 GMT.
- Stitch Fix to lay off about 1,400 employees in California - WSJ
Apparel seller Stitch Fix Inc, which uses algorithms and experts to ship personalized clothing selections to clients, plans to cut up to 1,400 jobs in California, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:05:13 -0400.
- Backed by incentives and a PPP loan, ABQ tech company plans expansion
EAGL Technology's PPP loan was one of the first from California-based Mission Valley Bank.
Collin Krabbe. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 23:39:00 +0000.
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon are latest California national parks to start reopening
Roads and picnic areas will reopen, but campgrounds and lodgings will remain closed.
Mary Forgione. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 1 Jun 2020 19:14:24 -0400.
- Prolific investor buys empty Florin building
Last sold for more than $4 million, a South Sacramento retail building took a significant hit when its tenant closed up shop during a 15-year lease.
Ben Van Der Meer. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:35:21 +0000.
- JR Smith beats up man for damaging his truck
JR Smith beat up a man who allegedly damaged his truck during protests in Los Angeles, according to video posted by TMZ Sports.
ESPN. Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:14:32 EST.
- Halsey says she was shot with a rubber bullet while at a George Floyd protest
Halsey said she was hit by a rubber bullet while joining a protest for George Floyd in Los Angeles on Saturday.
Tyler Mccarthy. Fox News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:27:06 GMT.
- Protests in California Follow the Death of George Floyd
Monday: Snapshots from a chaotic weekend across the state.
Jill Cowan. New York Times. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 14:53:37 +0000.
- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar defends nationwide protests in op-ed
In a powerful op-ed in Saturday's Los Angeles Times, former NBA star and social activist Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes about racism and being black in America. ...
CBS News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:11:15 -0400.
- SoCal's Eddie Mathews hits grand slam to send I-5 APBA Series to a decisive Game 7
Eddie Mathews hit a grand slam in the top of the 10th inning to send Southern California to a 7-3 victory over Northern California in Game 6 of the I-5 Series.
Houston Mitchell. Los Angeles Times. Mon, 1 Jun 2020 09:00:12 -0400.
- Protests Spur California to Close all Downtown State Buildings
It's a sweeping mandate affecting a variety of services.
Voice of America. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:20:30 -0400.
- Lockdown By the Bay
San Francisco takes decisive action in the face of rioting.
Phillip Sprincin. City Journal. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000.
- Curfew now in effect over 3 Bay Area cities
San Francisco, San Jose and Walnut Creek have all implemented a curfew after violent George Floyd protests. Here's what it means.
Yahoo. Sun, 31 May 2020 23:02:04 -0400.
- Leaders plead for an end to violence as cities brace for sixth night of protests
Cities throughout the country extended curfew for Sunday, including Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco and more.
CBS News. Sun, 31 May 2020 16:53:17 -0400.
- Santa Ana, Culver City issues curfew in anticipation of more protests
Several Southern California cities, including Los Angeles, have issued a curfew for all of its residents in anticipation of more protests throughout the region Sunday night.
Yahoo. Sun, 31 May 2020 16:08:25 -0400.
- 'We're sick of it': Anger over George Floyd killings shatters US
Nearly one-third of those arrests came in Los Angeles, where Gov. Gavin Newsom has declared a state of emergency.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 31 May 2020 14:39:54 +0000.
- Khloe Kardashian Is Listing Her Calabasas Home for $18.95 Million
She bought the Los Angeles mansion from Justin Bieber in 2014.
Observer. Sun, 31 May 2020 12:00:15 +0000.
- Live Coronavirus Pandemic Updates: Lake of the Ozarks, G7, W.H.O., India, California
The German chancellor had announced earlier Saturday that she would not travel to the U.S. for the G7. Businesses are starting up again, but workers commuting by public transportation face dilemmas.
New York Times. Sun, 31 May 2020 00:30:01 +0000.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California