Aggregated California News Articles
- Oakland Coliseum, three S.F. locations could be first Bay Area mass Covid vaccination site
Baseball stadiums in Los Angeles and San Diego are already being used to distribute Covid vaccines, but not so far in the Bay Area.
Jim Gardner. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 23:12:10 +0000.
- Covid in California: The state is struggling to contain the virus
California's poor residents are among those hardest hit by the pandemic.
BBC News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:54:48 GMT.
- Logistics real estate investor Prologis buys 8-acre South San Francisco site
The Shaw Business Center, which is near San Francisco International Airport, traded hands for approximately $76.65 million, according to public records.
Ted Andersen. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:35:00 +0000.
- United Airlines passengers who performed CPR on man who died of COVID-19 get $200 ticket vouchers
Tony Aldapa and Steven Chang were compensated after the EMTs spent more than 45 minutes giving first aid to Isaias Hernandez while traveling from Orlando to Los Angeles on December 14.
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:47:01 GMT.
- Disneyland cancels its annual pass program
Repeat visits to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure haven't been possible since the theme parks closed at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. And now, the parks' annual pass program is officially coming to an end.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 18:36:00 GMT.
- Blake Snell felt Rays 'handed' Dodgers the World Series after manager replaced him in Game 6
Blake Snell opened about his then-manager Kevin Cash's controversial decision to pull him from Game 6 of the 2020 World Series against the eventual champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:15:11 GMT.
- Beyond Meat signs a big lease. The rest of L.A.'s office market struggles
The COVID pandemic hurt the office leasing business, which in Los Angeles County had a tougher year in 2020 than during the worst of the Great Recession.
Roger Vincent. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:46:11 -0500.
- Disney's Bob Iger and his wife Willow Bay donating $5 million to Los Angeles small businesses
Bob Iger and Willow Bay are donating $5 million to help Los Angeles small businesses survive the pandemic, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Thursday.
Wls. ABC News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:48:29 +0000.
- Aaron Rodgers blasts politicians for breaking their own coronavirus rules, failing to get people enough help
Aaron Rodgers has a lot to focus on this weekend as the Green Bay Packers take on the Los Angeles Rams in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs, but he had to get something off his chest first.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:49:40 GMT.
- Covid-19 Live Updates: As California Eases Vaccine Rules, Many Complain of Chaos
President-elect Biden proposed a major spending package to combat the virus. Americans are dying in greater numbers, and the virus is not always to blame.
The New York Times. New York Times. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 04:10:10 +0000.
- 1 In 3 Los Angeles Residents Have Been Infected With Covid-19, Officials Say
The model suggests that, since the beginning of the pandemic, an estimated 3 million people in Los Angeles County have had the coronavirus.
By Rachel Sandler, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:18:17 -0500.
- Utah activist who filmed Capitol shooting booked into jail
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A Utah activist who filmed the fatal shooting of a California Trump supporter during the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol last week was arrested Thursday, according to authorities. ...
Sophia Eppolito. Washington Times. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 20:16:37 -0500.
- Federal rent relief is coming. Here's what to expect in California.
The new stimulus bill passed by Congress includes $25 billion in rental relief for struggling tenants, $2.6 billion of which is coming to California. Can I apply?
Andrew Khouri. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:05:32 -0500.
- Disneyland Resort to end Annual Passport program amid uncertainty of the pandemic
Disneyland and the California Adventure theme parks, which remain closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, are ending the popular Annual Passport programs, park officials announced Thursday.
Kabc. ABC News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:05:32 +0000.
- These states are doing best (and worst) at vaccinating people
West Virginia is leading the pack, while big states like California and Georgia are struggling, according to CDC data.
CBS News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 18:23:00 -0500.
- Why hasn't San Francisco opened a mass vaccine site?
COVID Command Center is working with health care providers to stand up large vaccination sites.
Amy Graff. SFGATE. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 22:33:08 UTC.
- Missing Disneyland? The Happiest Place On Earth Is Giving Out Covid-19 Vaccines
Many states, including California, have initiated stadium-sized vaccine distribution sites in order to accomodate thousands of vaccine recipients per day.
By Nina Shapiro, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:50:21 -0500.
- Covid-19 Live Updates: Southwest Surge Helps Drive Record Death Toll in U.S.
The virus has recently claimed a life every eight minutes in Los Angeles County, as California and Arizona confront a growing caseload. A team from the World Health Organization arrived in China to study the source of the pandemic.
The New York Times. New York Times. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 18:37:18 +0000.
- California hopes 'trusted messengers' alleviate vaccine skepticism among some African Americans
Health officials are pushing for Black communities and other marginalized groups to have access to vaccines, which they say is crucial to defeating the pandemic. ...
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 17:57:00 GMT.
- Watch: Eric Swalwell Compares Donald Trump to Osama bin Laden
Rep. Eric Swalwell, do you remember Gary Condit? Even though you were only 20 when he achieved infamy, congressman, you could probably learn a lesson from your fellow Californian. ...
C. Douglas Golden. Western Journal. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:09:30 +0000.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California