Aggregated California News Articles
- Celebrities join riot frontline: Halsey, Emily Ratajkowski and Paris Jackson
Halsey, Yungblud, Emily Ratajkowski, Paris Jackson, Jaz Sinclair, Ross Lynch and Jeremy Meeks were spotted at protests in Los Angeles on Saturday.
Daily Mail. Sun, 31 May 2020 17:24:48 GMT.
- 'We're sick of it': Anger over George Floyd killings shatters US
Nearly one-third of those arrests came in Los Angeles, where Gov. Gavin Newsom has declared a state of emergency.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 31 May 2020 14:39:54 +0000.
- Mark McGwire homers twice as Southern California stays alive in I-5 Series
Mark McGwire hits a walkoff two-run homer in the bottom of the ninth as Southern California defeats Northern California, 9-7, in Game 5 of the I-5 Series.
Houston Mitchell. Los Angeles Times. Sun, 31 May 2020 09:00:07 -0400.
- Khloe Kardashian Is Listing Her Calabasas Home for $18.95 Million
She bought the Los Angeles mansion from Justin Bieber in 2014.
Observer. Sun, 31 May 2020 12:00:15 +0000.
- Live Coronavirus Pandemic Updates: Lake of the Ozarks, G7, W.H.O., India, California
The German chancellor had announced earlier Saturday that she would not travel to the U.S. for the G7. Businesses are starting up again, but workers commuting by public transportation face dilemmas.
New York Times. Sun, 31 May 2020 00:30:01 +0000.
- George Floyd death: Hundreds take to streets of Los Angeles to protest, footage shows
Tense protests over the death of George Floyd and other police killings of black people grew from New York to Tulsa to Los Angeles, with police cars set ablaze and reports of injuries mounting on all sides as the country ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 31 May 2020 10:49:04 +1200.
- US officials: 1 federal officer killed, 1 critically hurt near California protest in 'act of domestic terrorism'
Someone fired at the officers, who were monitoring the protest over the killing of George Floyd, Friday night in Oakland.
Ap. ABC News. Sat, 30 May 2020 22:26:53 +0000.
- After pandemic, California oyster farmer confident in industry's return
While most businesses across the United States remained shuttered due to the coronavirus pandemic, Terry Sawyer, co-founder of Hog Island Oyster Co had plenty of work to stay busy.
Reuters. Sat, 30 May 2020 15:48:20 -0400.
- Kings part ways with minor-league coach Mike Stothers
The Los Angeles Kings will not renew the contract of Mike Stothers, the coach of its minor-league affiliate in Ontario, the team announced Saturday.
Jack Harris. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 30 May 2020 14:13:28 -0400.
- Federal officer killed in shooting at California courthouse
A gunman opened fired on two Federal Protective Service officers, killing one of them and sending the other to the hospital.
CBS News. Sat, 30 May 2020 12:35:25 -0400.
- SCOTUS Rejects Request From California Church To Block Worship Restrictions
Roberts sided with the liberal judges
Mary Margaret Olohan. Daily Caller. Sat, 30 May 2020 16:28:42 +0000.
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to limits on church services; Roberts sides with liberals
A divided Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal by a California church that challenged state limits on attendance at worship services that have been imposed to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Mark Sherman. Fox News. Sat, 30 May 2020 07:32:37 GMT.
- Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to Limits on Church Services
A divided Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal by a California church that challenged state limits on attendance at worship services that have been imposed to contain the spread of the coronavirus. ...
Yahoo. Sat, 30 May 2020 00:34:07 -0400.
- Saturated hospitals, airlifts as California border region virus cases surge
Coronavirus cases are surging in a scorching hot desert region straddling south California and a city near Mexico's Tijuana, leading to saturated hospitals, a cross-border overspill of patients and airlifts from rural U.S. clinics.
Reuters. Fri, 29 May 2020 21:08:34 -0400.
- Live Coronavirus News and Updates
New York City could start reopening on June 8, and Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles were to further ease restrictions. The president plans to resume in-person fund-raising soon.
New York Times. Sat, 30 May 2020 00:21:38 +0000.
- U.S. high court rejects church challenges to state pandemic rules
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected challenges on Friday to curbs on religious services in California and Illinois during the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Yahoo. Fri, 29 May 2020 19:22:16 -0400.
- Cal Fit gives window into how its gyms will look when they reopen
Even without a reopening date, California Family Fitness is preparing its members for gyms that will look differently in the future.
Sonya Sorich. American City Business Journals. Fri, 29 May 2020 21:57:55 +0000.
- State agency could fill vacated McClatchy space at train station
On Tuesday, the Sacramento City Council will vote on a 10-year lease for the California Department of General Services to occupy just under 9,000 square feet at the station.
Ben Van Der Meer. American City Business Journals. Fri, 29 May 2020 21:20:48 +0000.
- Coronavirus live updates: States ramp up testing, Los Angeles restaurants and hair salons can reopen, Gov. Newsom says
The coronavirus has infected more than 5.87 million people around the world as of Friday, killing at least 362,554 people.
CNBC. Fri, 29 May 2020 21:16:10 GMT.
- Dodgers' David Price willing to lend helping hand to minor leaguers: report
Several minor league baseball players were released by their teams Thursday, but Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher David Price is reportedly doing everything he can to help those athletes.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 29 May 2020 12:19:42 GMT.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California