Aggregated California News Articles
- After Hours: Women Who Mean Business awards
The Sacramento Business Journal held its Women Who Mean Business awards on June 17 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. ...
Tia Gemmell. American City Business Journals. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 16:59:29 +0000.
- Sources: Kings acquire Huerter for 2 players, pick
The Sacramento Kings have acquired sharpshooter Kevin Huerter from the Atlanta Hawks in return for Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless and a top-14 protected first-round pick in 2024, sources tell ESPN.
ESPN. Sat, 2 Jul 2022 11:11:01 EST.
- For some businesses, California's drought has money flowing
With consumption caps in effect, obtaining, conserving and, in some cases, illegally stealing water have become pillars of the drought microeconomy.
Andrea Chang. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 2 Jul 2022 15:50:13 GMT.
- New ultra-contagious Omicron subvariants BA.4, BA.5 fueling California coronavirus wave
Subvariants BA.4, BA5 are ultra-contagious and capable of reinfecting those who have survived earlier Omicron infection
Luke Money, Rong-gong Lin Ii. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 2 Jul 2022 12:00:56 GMT.
- Jerry Hall files for divorce from Rupert Murdoch
The model cited "irreconcilable differences" with the media tycoon in court papers filed in California.
BBC News. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 11:46:47 GMT.
- Representative Sara Jacobs on "The Takeout" - 7/1/2022
Representative Sara Jacobs of California joins Major Garrett on this week's episode of "The Takeout." They discuss the overturning of Roe v. ...
CBS News. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 06:00:47 -0400.
- Santa Clara University law student SUES college over Covid-19 vaccine mandate
A California law student is taking his school to court and accusing them of preventing him from continuing his education at another college over his refusal to get the Covid-19 vaccine.
Daily Mail. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:55:31 GMT.
- Woman who killed pimp pardoned by California governor
California Governor Gavin Newsom pardoned a former inmate who received a life sentence when she was a teenager for killing her former pimp.It's the final step in an official redemption that has spanned more than a decade and ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 02 Jul 2022 13:54:26 +1200.
- 17-year-old seriously injured in shark attack off Florida
A teenager in Florida and a man in California are recovering from recent shark attacks. Meg Oliver has more on what you need to know before you head to the beach.
CBS News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 20:40:02 -0400.
- Big Ten Swipes USC And UCLA From Pac-12 In Big Financial Coup
In a major coup for the Big Ten Conference, both the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and the University of Southern California (USC) are jumping from the Pac 12 Conference to Big Ten effective with the 2024 season.
By Derek Baine, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:42:53 -0400.
- California Mobility Center gets $2 million for advanced manufacturing training
U.S. Rep. Doris Matsui on Friday announced the California Mobility Center won $2 million in federal funding for its Advanced Manufacturing Career Pathways Program.
Mark Anderson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 21:48:57 +0000.
- Democratic Congresswoman and 180 Other Pro-Abortion Agitators Arrested by Capitol Police
Six days after the Roe v. Wade overturn, California Democratic Rep. Judy Chu was detained Thursday by Capitol Police during a pro-abortion protest outside the Supreme Court. ...
David Zimmermann. Western Journal. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 21:08:30 +0000.
- NBA player arrested in Los Angeles; wife posts photos of apparent injuries on social media
"I hate that it has come to this but I can't be silent anymore. I've allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way possible and traumatize our kids for life."
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 21:02:00 GMT.
- Self-driving cars from GM's Cruise block San Francisco intersection in latest problem for autonomous vehicles
At least seven Cruise vehicles blocked traffic by clustering an intersection starting late Tuesday night, blocking traffic.
CNBC. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 20:44:55 GMT.
- 93-Year-Old Man Gets Fed Up After Repeated Break-Ins, Grabs His Shotgun and Makes Intruder Pay
A 93-year-old homeowner in Moreno Valley, California, shot and critically wounded a home intruder Wednesday after facing multiple break-ins. ...
Andrew Jose. Western Journal. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 19:12:18 +0000.
- California late start law: Middle and high school students will be able to sleep later
Beginning this fall high schools in California can't start before 8:30 a.m. and middle schools can't start before 8 a.m. under a 2019 first-in-the-nation law.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 18:31:27 +0000.
- California Wildfire Burns More Than 900 Acres and Prompts Evacuations
The Rices fire is burning near South Yuba River State Park in Nevada County, Calif., about 70 miles northeast of Sacramento.
Livia Albeck-ripka. New York Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 17:01:30 +0000.
- Anchovies are reportedly raining from the sky across San Francisco
Fish are falling from the sky in parts of San Francisco, and a boom in coastal anchovy populations is to blame.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 16:52:00 GMT.
- Black-Owned Bookstore Eso Won in South Los Angeles Is Closing
For more than three decades, Eso Won Books has championed Black writers. The store is closing by the end of the year, its co-founder says.
Livia Albeck-ripka. New York Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 13:10:52 +0000.
- Carla Olson: Austin, Los Angeles And Trains Stay Forever In My Heart
Musician Carla Olson explains her love for Austin, Los Angeles and the many trains that shaped her new railroad-themed album.
By Gary Stoller, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 08:00:00 -0400.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California