Aggregated California News Articles
- Liberal-run cities to refund police budgets as crime skyrockets: 'The Big Saturday Show' reacts
New York, Los Angeles and Baltimore are only a few U.S. cities that are now reversing decisions to defund their police departments. ...
Joshua Comins. Fox News. Sun, 20 Jun 2021 02:42:10 GMT.
- Georgia May Jagger, 29, shows off her father Mick's famous pout during Malibu photo shoot
With a shock of red lipstick to match a decorative flower, the 29-year-old oozed glamour in the Californian sun.
Daily Mail. Sun, 20 Jun 2021 00:03:03 GMT.
- 2021 Women Who Mean Business honoree: Allison Otto with Otto Construction
In June, she took over as president and CEO of Otto Construction, making the firm one of the largest woman-owned general contractors in Northern California.
Lauren Katims. American City Business Journals. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:06:43 +0000.
- California's Willow Fire spreads to 2,000 acres as record drought, heat continue to grip state
California's Willow Fire exploded overnight on Friday, jumping from 750 acres on Friday afternoon to 2,000 acres early Saturday morning.
Julia Musto. Fox News. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:57:25 GMT.
- Fireworks are controversial in California's wildfire-prone Wine Country
Fireworks are becoming increasingly less a part of the summer holiday in California's Wine Country.
Amy Graff. SFGATE. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 11:00:00 UTC.
- 11 US Mayors Say They are Committed to Paying Reparations for Slavery
Coalition is led by mayors of Los Angeles and Denver.
Voice of America. Sat, 19 Jun 2021 00:00:52 -0400.
- Businesses see opportunity and risk in California's digital vaccine records
California is digitizing COVID-19 vaccine cards, making it easier for people to prove they have been inoculated. But many businesses are worried asking to see proof of vaccination could scare off customers.
Carly Olson, Andrea Chang, Hugo Martín. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:49:54 -0400.
- Alleged motive behind fatal road rage shooting revealed in court
A California couple charged in the road rage shooting that killed a 6-year-old boy pleaded not guilty on Friday. New court documents revealed the alleged motive behind the deadly incident. Carter Evans has more.
CBS News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 20:22:08 -0400.
- California's unemployment debt grows as businesses ask Newsom for help
Even as the economy is rebounding, unemployment remains high, and the debt is forecast to grow beyond the $24.3 billion estimated for the end of this year, state officials said.
Patrick Mcgreevy. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 20:12:04 -0400.
- New details emerge in California road rage shooting
Marcus Eriz, 24, and his girlfriend appeared in court on Friday and pleaded not guilty.
CBS News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:19:00 -0400.
- Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning chain eyes Sacramento expansion
With over 450 franchises in the U.S. and Canada, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning is looking to expand to the Sacramento area within the next year.
Renata Geraldo. American City Business Journals. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:24:38 +0000.
- Talking to Newsom About Tourism
Friday: A conversation with Gov. Gavin Newsom about the return of visitors to California. Also: Juneteenth.
Tariro Mzezewa and Jill Cowan. New York Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 12:50:40 +0000.
- California heatwave: State declares state of emergency
Parts of the US south-west report dangerously high temperatures, with excessive heat warnings in place.
BBC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 11:01:09 GMT.
- Holograms: A Way to Be There in Spirit, if Not in Body
Portl, a Los Angeles company, offers a technology that allows your entire image to be beamed to a faraway business meeting. The catch: You have to wear pants.
Victoria Gomelsky. New York Times. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:08:06 +0000.
- California: People must look for work to get jobless aid
If you receive unemployment benefits, you'll soon need to be actively searching for a job to continue receiving unemployment checks.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 02:03:19 +0000.
- A 99-year-old swimmer's passion for the pool helped her through pandemic, now California's heat wave
Maurine Kornfield, known by many as Mighty Mo, began swimming competitively in her 60s.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 01:53:00 GMT.
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Swalwell Minion Who Followed GOP Rep's Wife Into Their Home
It appears that serving lawsuits is not a strong suit for Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell of California. First, he claimed he was unable to find Republican Alabama Rep. ...
Grant Atkinson. Western Journal. Fri, 18 Jun 2021 00:16:16 +0000.
- California drops workplace mask rule for vaccinated workers
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - California regulators have approved revised worksite pandemic rules that allow fully vaccinated employees the same freedoms as when they are off the job. ...
Don Thompson. Washington Times. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:17:38 -0400.
- Waymo driver hit a scooter in San Francisco, no injuries reported
Waymo has been one of Alphabet's ambitious long-term "Other Bets." In general, driverless vehicles and robotaxi services have been slow to manifest in the U.S.
CNBC. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:09:36 GMT.
- 94-year-old Asian woman stabbed multiple times in broad daylight: Police
A man is in custody after allegedly stabbing a 94-year-old Asian woman multiple times in broad daylight in San Francisco.
ABC News. Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:35:35 -0400.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California