Aggregated California News Articles
- British model 'dragged out of a rideshare car in Los Angeles'
Alessandra Starr Ward (pictured) was left injured after the driver allegedly stopped his car in the middle of Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles and dragged her out.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Nov 2019 14:41:28 GMT.
- Man stabbed to death in attack on San Francisco-area BART train
A man was stabbed to death after a fight broke out on a San Francisco area commuter train Tuesday afternoon.
Brie Stimson. Fox News. Wed, 20 Nov 2019 05:39:09 GMT.
- Drive behind occupation of Alcatraz lingers 50 years later
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - On a chilly November night 50 years ago, a 7-year-old Peter Bratt, his four siblings and their single mother left their San Francisco home for the pier. ...
Felicia Fonseca and Terry Tang. Washington Times. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 23:39:33 -0500.
- NY joins California in suing Juul over teen vaping
New York state officials say more than 220,000 kids under 18 are using e-cigarettes, causing a public health crisis
CBS News. Wed, 20 Nov 2019 00:13:01 +0000.
- Exclusive: Developer puts S.F.'s Oceanwide Center, other U.S. holdings on market
The San Francisco project has had a troubled history.
Blanca Torres. American City Business Journals. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 23:03:43 +0000.
- California Northstate CEO weighs in on why Elk Grove hospital could be nonprofit
The university might diverge from its history as a for-profit medical school when it comes to its planned hospital in Elk Grove.
Felicia Alvarez. American City Business Journals. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 22:12:22 +0000.
- Five Most Memorable Games From The Magnificent Green Bay Packers-San Francisco 49ers Rivalry
Brett Favre (4), Mike Holmgren and the Green Bay Packers had some of their most memorable wins in the 1990s against the San Francisco 49ers.
By Rob Reischel, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:23:39 +0000.
- California Law Weak So Athletes On Their Own With NIL
The ground-breaking California law will not protect college athletes. They have to protect themselves.
By Ray Glier, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 14:47:33 +0000.
- Evolution Hospitality tapped to manage Hotel Derek
Evolution Hospitality, a California hotel management company, has been selected to operate Hotel Derek, a boutique hotel at 2525 W. Loop South in the Galleria area.
Katherine Feser. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:00:00 UTC.
- Las Vegas massacre death toll rises after southern California woman's death
The death toll for the 2017 Las Vegas massacre rose to 59 last week after a woman in southern California succumbed to injuries sustained two years ago in what had already been deemed the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 08:23:55 GMT.
- CommonSpirit quadruples operating loss in first quarter of fiscal 2020
The Chicago-based health system, which is nine months into its merger, blamed the steeper operating loss on not having received California provider fee revenue.
Tara Bannow. Modern Healthcare. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 23:34:28 EST.
- California prosecutor uses 13-year-old daughter as bait to catch alleged child molester
A California prosecutor is under fire for using his 13-year-old daughter as bait to catch an alleged child molester on the Los Alamitos Trail in San Jose.
Chris Nguyen. ABC News. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 03:40:23 +0000.
- Fresno Mass Shooting: 10 shot, 4 dead, as gunman opens fire on family watching football, suspect still at large
At least ten people have been shot, and four are dead after police say a suspect opened fire as a family gathered at a home in the Central California city of Fresno Sunday night.
Gilbert Magallon. ABC News. Tue, 19 Nov 2019 02:05:08 +0000.
- California suing Juul for allegedly targeting teenagers
Massachusetts and North Carolina and also looking into whether the e-cigarette maker markets products to underage users
CBS News. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 22:43:03 +0000.
- Four killed at California family gathering in 'targeted' shooting
At least one gunman opens fire during a family gathering, just days after a deadly school shooting.
BBC News. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:56:38 GMT.
- California to Stop Buying GM, Toyota, Fiat Chrysler Vehicles Over Emissions Fight
California to Stop Buying GM, Toyota, Fiat Chrysler Vehicles Over Emissions Fight
Newsmax. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:27:37 EDT.
- Prankster is leaving life-size AirPod stickers on the ground around SF
Walking down San Francisco's bustling Market Street this week, something may catch your eye amid all the Allbirds-wearing young professionals scuttling to BART. ...
Madeline Wells. SFGATE. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:43:51 UTC.
- California sues Juul, alleging shoddy oversight; shipments sent to someone named 'Beer Can'
California is suing the nation's biggest e-cigarette maker, alleging Juul Labs deliberately targeted teenagers with its early marketing campaigns.
CNBC. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:26 GMT.
- Forget 'Ford v Ferrari,' the Mustang Mach-E takes a shot at Tesla
Ford on Sunday unveiled its first all-electric SUV called the Mustang Mach-E, a nod to one of the most iconic versions of the pony car. The unveiling took place next to the Tesla's design center outside of Los Angeles.
CNBC. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:20 GMT.
- Second California Horse Succumbs to Equine Herpesvirus Myeloencephalopathy
The California Department of Food and Agriculture continues to monitor the situation in San Bernardino County. The post Second California Horse Succumbs to Equine Herpesvirus Myeloencephalopathy appeared first on The Horse.
Edited Press Release. The Horse. Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:30:50 +0000.
California Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of California as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||39,250,017||0.66|
|July 1, 2015||38,993,940||0.81|
|July 1, 2014||38,680,810||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||38,335,203||0.85|
|July 1, 2012||38,011,074||0.89|
|July 1, 2011||37,676,861||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||37,332,685|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of California was 37,253,956.
In 2008, the estimated population of California was 36,756,666, whereas
in 2006, the population of California was about 36,121,296.
For detailed, up-to-date information about California's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about California
web page. For maps of California,
visit this California Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Sacramento, California.
California newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about California
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in California