Aggregated District of Columbia News Articles
- Future first dog Major Biden, adopted from a shelter, to get virtual 'indoguration'
President-elect Joe Biden is not the only one getting some fanfare as he enters the White House -- his rescue dog, Major, is being honored by the shelter he came from.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:21:06 +0000.
- Trump's campaign REFUTES Giuliani's claim that he is representing president in impeachment
Giuliani (left) was seen at the White House on Saturday, but hours later the Trump campaign issued a statement denying his claims that he is on Trump's legal team for impeachement.
Daily Mail. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 11:43:53 GMT.
- Biden inauguration: All 50 US states on alert for armed protests
National Guard troops from across the country descend on Washington DC amid tightened security.
BBC News. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 02:48:43 GMT.
- Inside look at how 25,000 National Guardsmen are arriving in Washington, DC
An inside look at how 25,000 guardsmen are arriving in Washington, D.C., from all across the country.
ABC News. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 21:42:36 -0500.
- US election/inauguration: Capitol Police arrest gunman at Washington DC checkpoint
US Capitol Police have arrested a man in downtown Washington DC with a loaded handgun, more than 500 rounds of ammunition and fake inaugural credentials. CNN reports that the man was attempting to pass through a Washington DC ...
New Zealand Herald. Sun, 17 Jan 2021 08:21:13 +1200.
- Photos Capture Notes From Mike Lindell's White House Visit
President Trump, isolated and watching the clock count down on his time in the White House, spent some of it on Friday with the C.E.O. of MyPillow, Mike Lindell, who brought some notes with him.
Maggie Haberman. New York Times. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 15:13:32 +0000.
- MyPillow CEO Meets With President About Plan To Install New CIA Director
Lindell told multiple outlets the meeting was brief, with his claims largely ignored by Trump and dismissed by White House lawyers.
By Andrew Solender, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:32:11 -0500.
- Facebook blocks users from creating new events near White House, Capitol and state houses
In a blog post that was updated Friday, the company said the action was meant to prevent people from using its platform to incite violence.
CNBC. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 00:13:56 GMT.
- Trump to depart White House hours before Biden inauguration, flying Air Force One to Mar-a-Lago last time
Last week, Trump announced that he will not attend Biden's inauguration.
CNBC. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 22:42:29 GMT.
- In Last MidEast Push, White House Launches Women Business Network
Days before leaving office, the Trump Administration has created a new network of women in business that aims at implementing the Abraham Accords in the Middle East.
By Stéphanie Fillion, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:58:10 -0500.
- Twitter introduces @SecondGentleman handle for incoming Biden administration
Twitter is introducing a new handle for the first-ever husband of a vice president as it begins transferring official White House social media accounts to the incoming Biden administration.
Vandana Rambaran. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:22:43 GMT.
- Viewpoint: The changes a Biden administration may bring to your finances in 2021
Changes to tax rates, retirement planning and other areas you should be aware of with a new administration entering the White House.
Jason Policastro. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:00:00 +0000.
District of Columbia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of District of Columbia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||681,170||1.61|
|July 1, 2015||670,377||1.73|
|July 1, 2014||659,005||1.52|
|July 1, 2013||649,165||2.18|
|July 1, 2012||635,327||2.39|
|July 1, 2011||620,477||2.53|
|July 1, 2010||605,183|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of District of Columbia was 601,723.
In 2008, the estimated population of Washington, DC was 591,833, whereas
in 2006, the population of Washington, DC was about 585,419.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Washington, DC's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about the District of Columbia
The photograph above shows the United States capitol building
in Washington, DC.
Washington, DC newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links; many national news providers
maintain offices in the nation's capital city, and these are listed here
Washington, DC libraries
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Washington, DC
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Washington, DC