Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Marine recruiter drowns in Georgia river after fitness exercise
A Marine recruiter drowned during a fitness exercise in Georgia late last month, according to a report.
Brie Stimson. Fox News. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 03:23:44 GMT.
- Georgia clothing store is blasted as 'racist' after promotion that waived fee for people of color
In a since-deleted Facebook post, Civvies on Broughton in Savannah said it would be requiring white customers to pay a $20 deposit to book an appointment to browse inside the boutique.
Daily Mail. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 02:23:30 GMT.
- Kennesaw State, West Georgia, Valdosta State put football seasons on hold
Big South Conference becomes the latest FCS conference to postpone fall sports.
Eric Jackson. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:00:19 +0000.
- Georgia School District Quarantines Over 900 Students and Teachers
A suburban Atlanta county opened its schools amid controversy and a growing case count, previewing a difficult national back-to-school season.
Richard Fausset. New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 21:18:34 +0000.
- Georgia man, company charged with selling misbranded drug to treat Covid-19
The Georgia man and his company are accused of violating the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act with sales of "Immune Shot" for $19 a bottle.
Jessica Saunders. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:28:53 +0000.
- QAnon backer wins congressional primary in Georgia
The northwest Georgia district is a Republican-stronghold, meaning she will be the likely winner in November.
CBS News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:44:21 -0400.
- Georgia high school closes 8 days after reopening, confirms 14 coronavirus cases
"We know all parents do not believe the scientific research that indicates masks are beneficial," said the district chief.
Yahoo. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:31:00 -0400.
- Trump praises QAnon-embracing candidate who won GOP runoff in Georgia
President Donald Trump praised Marjorie Taylor Greene who a GOP congressional runoff in Georgia, despite espousing racist views and QAnon conspiracy theories.
ABC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:24:46 -0400.
- Georgia School District Orders Quarantine For Over 900 Students And Staff After Reopening
Georgia school district quarantines 900 individuals
Neil Shah. Daily Caller. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:48:01 +0000.
- QAnon supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene wins Georgia Republican primary
Marjorie Taylor Greene seems set to become the conspiracy theory's first devotee in Congress.
BBC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:02:17 GMT.
- Over 900 in Georgia district quarantine as high school shut
On Tuesday, Georgia posted its highest single-day death total yet in the pandemic at 137 fatalities.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 13:13:44 +0000.
- Willis beats longtime DA in county that includes Atlanta
Challenger Fani Willis on Tuesday defeated her former boss in the Democratic primary runoff for district attorney of Georgia's most populous county. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:17:55 -0400.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, QAnon supporter, wins GOP primary in Georgia
Marjorie Taylor Greene has won the Republican nomination for Georgia's 14th Congressional District. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:50:09 -0400.
- College Reinstates Student Accused of Racism After Learning She Was Framed
A Wesleyan College student in Georgia was expelled in early June over a racist post that online critics attempted to link to her social media account. ...
Jessica Parsons. Western Journal. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:35:12 +0000.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia