Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater briefly leaves game after getting tripped, hit hard by Falcons defenders
Carolina Panthers quarterback Teddy Bridgewater took a huge hit to the head and neck area Thursday night during a game against the Atlanta Falcons.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 02:49:43 GMT.
- Zeta latest: 5 dead, massive power outages, delayed early voting in Georgia
More than 1.7 million customers are without power as the storm heads north.
ABC News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 20:28:08 -0400.
- Zeta batters Southeast after swamping Gulf Coast; 6 dead
Zeta sped across the Southeast on Thursday, leaving a trail of damage and more than 2.6 million homes and businesses without power in Atlanta and beyond after pounding New Orleans with winds and water.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 23:06:00 GMT.
- Girl, 5, who weighed seven pounds when died had a rare disorder
An attorney representing Jerrail Mickens, 31, and Porscha Mickens, 29, from Georgia, said their daughter, Kylie, suffered from 1p36 deletion syndrome, which causes difficulty gaining weight.
Daily Mail. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 22:33:54 GMT.
- Hurricane Zeta: Widespread Damage Leaves 1 Million Without Power
Zeta was the fifth named storm to hit Louisiana during a busy and brutal hurricane season. Its strong winds caused widespread power outages in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas.
New York Times. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 22:31:49 +0000.
- Paul Bowers and Chris Womack on Georgia Power leadership transition
Paul Bowers will hand the reins of the electric utility company over to Chris Womack as the first nuclear reactor at Plant Vogtle comes online in April 2021.
Grace Donnelly. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:32:28 +0000.
- Matt Ryan stays in present as change swirls around Falcons
If a new regime decides to hit the reset button, it could be over for the QB in Atlanta.
ESPN. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:44:05 EST.
- Panthers RB McCaffrey won't play vs Falcons
A person familiar with the situation says Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey will not play Thursday night against the Atlanta Falcons.
Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:30:01 GMT.
- Panthers Vs. Falcons: Thursday Night Football Week 8 Schedule, Odds, Picks
The Atlanta Falcons visit the Carolina Panthers to open Week 8 of the 2020 NFL season. ...
By Alex Kay, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 12:17:00 -0400.
- Atlanta-based payment security company Bluefin raises $25M
The fintech company will use the funds to grow its product and its geographical reach.
Erin Schilling. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:54:52 +0000.
- Zeta latest: 3 dead, massive power outages, delayed early voting in Georgia
More than 2.6 million customers are without power in the South.
ABC News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 11:43:28 -0400.
- In close Georgia Senate race, challenger Ossoff calls Perdue a 'crook' over stock trades
Polling is tight in the Peach State as tens of millions of dollars have been spent in the battle for Perdue's seat.
Yahoo. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 10:39:34 -0400.
- Hurricane Zeta weakened to a tropical storm hours after making landfall in Louisiana and killing at least 2 people
As of 5 a.m. EDT, Tropical Storm Zeta was in northeastern Alabama, approaching the Georgia border. It is expected to continue weakening on Thursday.
Yahoo. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 08:23:00 -0400.
- What swing states say about state of the U.S. economy
An uneven recovery has left electorally crucial states in the dumps, while others are bouncing back. Ohio, Georgia and Arizona tell the tale.
CBS News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 07:01:16 -0400.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia