Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Wales 43-14 Georgia: Warren Gatland's men open World Cup campaign with six-try win
Wales produce a display of contrasting halves, but secure a bonus-point win over Georgia in their opening Pool D World Cup encounter.
BBC News. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:16:05 GMT.
- World Cup excitement and Japanese culture - Parkes column
In his latest BBC Sport column, Hadleigh Parkes gets excited for Wales' World Cup opener against Georgia and talks Japanese culture.
BBC News. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 06:35:54 GMT.
- Playoff Hopes On The Line For Georgia, Notre Dame Tonight
The most important game of the college football season so far happens tonight in Athens.
By Gant Player, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:08:57 -0400.
- Want To Be The Next Georgia Senator? Apply Now!
Gov. Brian Kemp is seeking an appointee to replace Republican Sen. Johnny Isakson. His office has opened an online application process for anyone eligible to submit their resume.
Emma Hurt. NPR. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:00:28 -0400.
- Husband motivates pregnant wife through labor with sweet surprise
Kendall Caver, 29, from Atlanta, Georgia, took to Facebook on September 4 to share a video of himself showing his wife Jasmine, 28, the book he made her.
Daily Mail. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 00:18:35 +0100.
- Notre Dame Quarterback Ian Book Looks To Lead Irish To Upset Over Georgia, Return to College Football Playoff
If No. 7 Notre Dame is going to upset No. 3 Georgia on Saturday night, it will need a career-best performance from starting quarterback Ian Book.
By Tim Casey, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:20:45 -0400.
- GA Dream Homes: Million Dollar Estates With Waterfall, Lap Pool
This week's Georgia dream homes are stunning with features like a lap pool, waterfall, private patios and car collector garage. Peek inside.
Kathleen Sturgeon. Patch. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 17:13:57 -0400.
- GA Top News: Grad Rate Rising, Snakebite, Stand Your Ground
Top stories in Georgia this week include Jimmy Carter weighing in on Trump, an emergency Delta landing and a winning Mega Millions ticket.
Kathleen Sturgeon. Patch. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:52:12 -0400.
- St. Louis symphony inspires change for embattled Baltimore orchestra
As the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra faces labor and financial issues, its leaders look for inspiration from orchestras in St. Louis and Atlanta.
Amanda Yeager. American City Business Journals. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 19:13:50 +0000.
- How watch Notre Dame vs. Georgia college football without cable - CNET
The Irish and the Dawgs face off in an early-season matchup with playoff aspirations on the line.
Matt Elliott. CNET. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:54:00 +0000.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle's Small Business Person of the Year Awards 2019
Meet the honorees of Atlanta Business Chronicle's 2019 Small Business Person of the Year.
American City Business Journals. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:28:25 +0000.
- Delta flight makes emergency landing after quick 29,000-foot descent
Flight from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale was diverted to Tampa, where it landed safely
CBS News. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:43:50 -0400.
- Passenger describes "screaming" on Delta flight amid 29,000-foot descent
A Delta Airlines flight from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale was forced to make an emergency landing after dropping 29,000 feet in just eight minutes. One passenger said people were "screaming and crying." Kris Van Cleave reports.
CBS News. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:57:26 -0400.
- Toys R Us partners with Candytopia to woo shoppers back with new experiences
The Candytopia and Toys R Us partnership will open in late October in Chicago and Atlanta for the holidays, before moving on to different locations.
CNBC. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:00 GMT.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia