Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Ingraham: 'Pro-China, anti-Georgia' rhetoric belies Dems' 'unity' pledge
Lindsey Graham, Burgess Owens, Dinesh D'Souza, Paul Elias Alexander, Jay Bhattacharya, Lara Logan, Laura Ingraham, Mollie Hemingway
Fox News. Fri, 07 May 2021 02:34:35 GMT.
- Atlanta aerospace startup Hermeus moves to Doraville, plans aircraft assembly factory
The hypersonic jet startup intends to develop a Mach 5 aircraft, which can fly at more than 3,000 miles per hour and would make air travel five-times faster.
Erin Schilling. American City Business Journals. Fri, 07 May 2021 02:19:58 +0000.
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms says 'no' to reelection bid
Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms told her supporters Thursday night that she would not seek reelection this year.
Caitlin Mcfall. Fox News. Fri, 07 May 2021 02:01:00 GMT.
- Mom speaks out after son called "slave" at school's Civil War Day
Georgia mom Corrie Davis is calling on Cobb County school officials to rethink their Civil War Day activities after her 10-year-old son's classmate told him, "You are my slave." Davis spoke with WGCL-TV reporter Cory McGinnis.
CBS News. Thu, 06 May 2021 15:47:11 -0400.
- ABB to close North Carolina facility, cutting 265 jobs
Over the next eight months, the firm will relocate a portion of the products made at the facility to another plant in Georgia. But work continues on ABB's $40 million expansion of its Mebane plant.
Lauren Ohnesorge. American City Business Journals. Thu, 06 May 2021 18:54:05 +0000.
- Police find 3-year-old wandering alone saying he 'left mommy's house'
A boy who was found walking alone in Georgia has been reunited with his parents after a public appeal by police following several unsuccessful attempts to reunite them.
ABC News. Thu, 06 May 2021 14:46:30 -0400.
- COVID vaccine hesitancy runs high in rural Georgia
The country could be headed for another tale of two Americas: those with herd immunity, and those without, including areas that are mostly rural and at continuing risk of mini-epidemics.
CBS News. Thu, 06 May 2021 07:16:31 -0400.
- Atlanta Officer Who Fatally Shot Rayshard Brooks Is Reinstated
The officer, Garrett Rolfe, faces murder and aggravated assault charges, but officials determined that his firing violated his due process rights.
Richard Fausset. New York Times. Thu, 06 May 2021 07:31:55 +0000.
- BLM protest erupts in Atlanta after police department REINSTATES officer who shot Rayshard Brooks
Officer Garrett Rolfe, 27, shot Rayshard Brooks, also 27, fatally twice in the back as he ran from cops outside a Wendy's in South Atlanta on June 12 of last year.
Daily Mail. Thu, 06 May 2021 03:41:21 GMT.
- Atlanta reinstates officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks, Black man who was running away from police
- Atlanta board revokes dismissal of officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks
Atlanta officer is reinstated but will remain on leave until criminal charges involving the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks are resolved, police say.
Jenny Jarvie. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 5 May 2021 15:24:23 -0400.
- Former Atlanta officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks was wrongfully terminated, board says
Garrett Rolfe faces a felony murder charge in the shooting of Rayshard Brooks last June.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 05 May 2021 16:50:00 GMT.
- What $750,000 Buys You in Pennsylvania, New York and Georgia
A circa-1900 brick house in Lancaster, a one-bedroom condo in New York City and a two-bedroom condo overlooking Troup Square in Savannah.
Julie Lasky. New York Times. Wed, 05 May 2021 13:00:22 +0000.
- Georgia's Cliff-Top Honey Harvest
The beekeepers of western Georgia who risk their lives for liquid gold
Radio Liberty. Wed, 05 May 2021 12:23:00 +0000.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia