Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Naughty pug is lucky to be alive after swallowing his owner's engagement ring
Shelby Ann Perry from Atlanta, Georgia said she took off her engagement ring and placed it on her bedside table on Friday night, only for her naughty pug to swallow it.
Daily Mail. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:02:11 GMT.
- Best Player In The World? Sixers Just Need Joel Embiid To Be The Best He Can Be At This Point
Philadelphia center generates a career-high 49 points in a victory over Atlanta; more of the same is needed with Ben Simmons nursing a back injury and out indefinitely.
By Gordie Jones, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- Rural Georgia hospital is reborn but without its costly ER
ADEL, Ga. (AP) - For years, the hospital in this small, south Georgia city was in grave financial trouble. ...
Sudhin Thanawala. Washington Times. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 01:17:10 -0500.
- 'They Lied to Us': Mom Says Cops Got Her DNA Sample, Charged Son With Murder
A Georgia woman says police lied to her to obtain a DNA sample in order to charge her son with a cold-case killing from 2001, NBC ...
Newsmax. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 21:43:19 EDT.
- Georgia Swarm owner on Atlanta Blaze relocating: 'Disappointing for the growth of lacrosse'
Atlanta's field lacrosse team recently ceased operations after four seasons.
Eric Jackson. American City Business Journals. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:09:28 +0000.
- Does Georgia Owe You Money In 2020: Find Out Here
The Georgia Department of Revenue has millions of dollars in unclaimed assets. Here's how to search for and claim your money.
Deb Belt. Patch. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 12:00:51 -0500.
- GA Flu Deaths Climb As Flu More Worrisome Than Coronavirus
Georgia saw deaths from the flu increase again in the last week. So far this season, an estimated 26 million people have been sickened.
Deb Belt. Patch. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 22:28:08 -0500.
- Georgia crash on Interstate 95 leaves 6 dead, including 3 children, officials say
Six people were killed -- including three children -- after a head-on collision on Interstate 95 in Georgia early Sunday, according to officials.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 18:56:42 GMT.
- Encephalitis: 'I couldn't remember my boyfriend'
Georgia Lee is 23 but feels like she's 17 after a virus which affected her memory and also took her sense of smell.
BBC News. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 00:24:11 GMT.
- Arrest warrant charges boyfriend with murder of college student
Georgia college student Anitra Gunn vanished on Feb. 14. The 23-year-old was found dead on Feb. 18.
ABC News. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:03:17 -0500.
- Doug Collins won't accept DNI nomination if asked by Trump
Collins is challenging Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler in a primary and said that he would decline the nomination if asked.
CBS News. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:57:00 -0500.
- Why Georgia spends so much on football recruiting
The Bulldogs have made major investments to recruit the nation's best every year.
Eric Jackson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:20:00 +0000.
- Donald Trump eyes Doug Collins as nominee for director of national intelligence
President Trump said late Thursday night he is considering nominating Rep. Doug Collins, Georgia Republican, as director of national intelligence. ...
Dave Boyer. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 04:28:46 -0500.
- Florida, Georgia and Utah added most solar jobs in 2019; Texas ranked 5th
The U.S. solar industry employed nearly 250,000 workers last year, an increase of 2.3 percent from 2018, according to a new report. ...
L.m. Sixel. Houston Chronicle. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:00:00 UTC.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia