Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Atlanta Prosecutor Appears to Move Closer to Trump Inquiry
The Fulton County district attorney is weighing an inquiry into possible election interference and is said to be considering hiring an outside counsel.
Richard Fausset and Danny Hakim. New York Times. Sat, 16 Jan 2021 01:21:33 +0000.
- Redevelopments to bring new restaurants to Edgewood Ave. in Sweet Auburn, Old 4th Ward
Two redevelopment projects will bring multiple new restaurants to Edgewood Avenue near downtown Atlanta.
Chris Fuhrmeister. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:21:10 +0000.
- Fast-growing Pittsburgh-based fintech startup acquires Georgia developer of payment programs
Deal enables both companies to deepen relationships with new and existing association partners.
Patty Tascarella. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:18:02 +0000.
- Sources: Falcons offer Smith head-coaching job
The Atlanta Falcons have made an offer to Arthur Smith to become their next head coach, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini.
ESPN. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:26:01 EST.
- In Living Color: Georgia Before The Soviets Arrived
The people and spectacular cityscapes of tsarist Georgia captured in vivid color by a world famous photographer.
Radio Liberty. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 07:53:35 +0000.
- These states are doing best (and worst) at vaccinating people
West Virginia is leading the pack, while big states like California and Georgia are struggling, according to CDC data.
CBS News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 18:23:00 -0500.
- Covid-19 Vaccines, Vulnerable To Theft, Leave Healthcare Supply Chains Scrambling For Security
With reports that Covid-19 vaccines are being stolen and sold on the black market, Tom Knight, CEO of Atlanta-based inventory visibility and analytics firm Invistics, says he saw this coming back in April 2020.
By Sharon Goldman, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 13:14:55 -0500.
- Rapper YFN Lucci surrenders to police investigating a double murder hours after releasing new song
Homicide investigators in Atlanta, Georgia, yesterday appealed to the public for help locating the 29-year-old, whose real name is Rayshawn Lamar Bennett.
Daily Mail. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 18:13:25 GMT.
- Republican Congresswoman Announces She Will File Articles of Impeachment Against Biden
Firebrand freshman Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia said Wednesday that she will be filing articles of impeachment against President-elect Joe Biden on the day after he takes office. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:14:19 +0000.
- REPORT: Rapper YFN Lucci Facing Murder Charge In Atlanta
Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 reward for information
Lauryn Overhultz. Daily Caller. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:14:13 +0000.
- The 2021 Way-Too-Early college football top 25
Will we see heavyweights such as Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State fall back in 2021? Can programs such as Georgia, North Carolina and Texas A&M close the gap in their conferences? We break it down in our Way Too Early Top 25.
ESPN. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:59:31 EST.
- YFN Lucci: US rapper wanted in Atlanta for suspected murder
Police in Atlanta want to question YFN Lucci, 29, over a fatal shooting in the city last month.
BBC News. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 04:42:08 GMT.
- Rapper YFN Lucci wanted on multiple charges for alleged role in Atlanta shooting
Rapper YFN Lucci is wanted on multiple charges, including murder and assault, for his alleged role in a shooting that took place in Atlanta last month.
Nate Day. Fox News. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 03:44:34 GMT.
- Georgia Man Charged In U.S. Capitol Attack Dies By Suicide
Christopher Stanton Georgia, 53, died Saturday from a gunshot wound in the chest.
By Jemima Mcevoy, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:11:45 -0500.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia