Aggregated Georgia News Articles
- Hawks' Young tossed after firing ball at official
Atlanta Hawks point guard Trae Young was ejected in the third quarter of Saturday's game against the Pacers for throwing the ball at referee Scott Wall.
ESPN. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:34:49 EST.
- Announcing The 2023 Forbes 30 Under 30 Local Lists
Wanted: The top young founders and leaders in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Miami, Puerto Rico, Seattle and Toronto.
By Forbes Under 30 Team, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 16:47:31 -0400.
- Looking for an Atlanta United investment? Consider buying futures on this ticket.
Atlanta United season ticket holders may want to pay attention to what's happening in Miami.
Eric Mandel. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:45:03 +0000.
- Atlanta marketing startup Tourial eyes $2 million raise
Atlanta Tech Village startup Tourial has raised three-quarters of its $2 million goal more than a year after getting its seed investment.
Zach Armstrong. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Mar 2023 19:00:16 +0000.
- 'See me on the streets!' Georgia teacher's furious rant to 7th grade students is caught on camera
Terrified 7th grade students filmed their teacher erupting into a furious rant at Dacula Middle School in Georgia. Parents reacted with fury and are calling for the educator to be sacked.
Daily Mail. Thu, 23 Mar 2023 12:07:16 GMT.
- Live at 7 p.m.: Timberwolves return home to play Hawks. Follow it on Gameview
The Wolves continue their battle for a postseason spot against Atlanta. Tap here for play-by-play, the in-game box score and updates from around the NBA.
Star Tribune Staff. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Thu, 23 Mar 2023 00:17:31 +0000.
- Nascar Driver Josh Williams Suspended For One Race After Viral Exit From His Car On Track At Atlanta
Nascar Xfinity Series driver Josh Williams went viral for exiting his car at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday. The underfunded racecar driver is known as one of a few who still works on his own car. ...
By Joseph Wolkin, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:08:30 -0400.
- College softball rankings: The top 25 teams in the NCAA this week
As Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee and Clemson keep rolling, don't sleep on Top-25 schools like Utah and Georgia.
ESPN. Tue, 21 Mar 2023 21:27:24 EST.
- Georgia prosecutors seek to question Trump attorney in election probe: Sources
Prosecutors probing efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia are looking to question Trump attorney Christina Bobb, sources tell ABC News.
ABC News. Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:36:18 -0400.
- Trump seeks to block Georgia election interference criminal charges
Former President Donald Trump is facing a criminal probe for trying to overturn his 2020 election loss to President Joe Biden in Georgia.
CNBC. Mon, 20 Mar 2023 17:21:24 GMT.
- Caitlin Clark, Hawkeyes edge Georgia to advance to Sweet 16
Iowa avenges last year's Round Two loss
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 20 Mar 2023 13:25:00 GMT.
- Dissecting Charges That Could Arise From the Trump Investigations
Prosecutors in New York, Georgia and the Justice Department face complex choices about what crimes to charge if they decide to indict Donald Trump.
Charlie Savage. New York Times. Mon, 20 Mar 2023 03:45:45 +0000.
- Live at noon: Twins vs. Atlanta Follow the action on Gameview
Tap here for the play-by-play, in-game box score and updates from other MLB exhibition games.
Star Tribune Staff. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:38:09 +0000.
- Georgia Harrison: I was living in fear of more sex footage
Reality TV star Stephen Bear was jailed for sharing explicit footage online without Ms Harrison's consent.
BBC News. Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:26:12 GMT.
Georgia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Georgia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||10,310,371||1.09|
|July 1, 2015||10,199,398||1.11|
|July 1, 2014||10,087,231||1.02|
|July 1, 2013||9,984,938||0.71|
|July 1, 2012||9,914,668||1.05|
|July 1, 2011||9,811,610||1.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,713,521|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Georgia was 9,687,653.
In 2008, the estimated population of Georgia was 9,685,744, whereas
in 2006, the population of Georgia was about 9,318,715.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Georgia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Georgia
web page. For maps of Georgia,
visit this Georgia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Atlanta, Georgia.
Georgia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Georgia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Georgia