Aggregated Illinois News Articles
- Illinois warehouse shooting leaves six dead including gunman Gary Martin
Gary Martin, 45, has been identified by police and relatives as the gunman who opened fire at the Henry Pratt manufacturing warehouse in Aurora, Illinois, on Friday afternoon.
Daily Mail. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:12:51 GMT.
- Explore today's cheapest rentals in Lakeview, Chicago
Looking for an affordable rental in Lakeview? Check out the cheapest listings available in this part of Chicago today.
ABC News. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:08:39 UTC.
- From pizza police to infrastructure, here's what got Chicago tweeting this week
Hoodline analyzed data from Chicago's Twitter users to identify which local events, issues and curiosities got people most interested this week.
ABC News. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:08:31 UTC.
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Smollett attack
Chicago Police say the two men being questioned in the attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are considered suspects.
Fox News. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:05:43 GMT.
- 5 confirmed dead after shooting at Illinois manufacturing plant, officials say
Police responded to a manufacturing plant near Chicago in an incident where multiple people were shot.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:03:00 GMT.
- Aurora mass shooting updates: 6 dead, including gunman, and 5 officers wounded in attack at Illinois manufacturing firm
Six people, including a gunman, died in a mass shooting at a manufacturing firm Friday afternoon, and five officers were struck by gunfire, officials said. ...
Chicago Tribune Staff, Aurora Beacon-news Staff. Chicago Tribune. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:55:00 PST.
- Five killed as gunman opens fire at Illinois warehouse
A gunman opened fire in a warehouse in Aurora, Illinois, on Friday, killing five people and wounding five police officers before he was slain, law enforcement officials said.
Reuters. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:41:36 -0500.
- Police Confirm Suspects Arrested In Jussie Smollett Hate Crime Are Black Men
Chicago police said they did not have the names of the 'persons of interest'
Neetu Chandak. Daily Caller. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 00:38:10 +0000.
- Aurora shooting: Five dead in Illinois workplace attack
The gunman was also killed and five police officers were struck by gunfire, police say.
BBC News. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 00:12:12 GMT.
- Suspended Cubs SS Russell apologizes for actions
Chicago Cubs shortstop Addison Russell apologized for his actions that led a 40-game domestic violence suspension, as he fielded questions on Friday for the first time since being suspended in September.
Reuters. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:37:02 -0500.
- Shooter in Aurora, Illinois, is "no longer a threat," police say - live updates
"The area is still on lock down!" the city said on social media
CBS News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:32:33 +0000.
- Gunman kills 5, wounds 5 officers in workplace shooting near Chicago
A gunman opened fire at a manufacturing plant in suburban Chicago on Friday, killing five people and wounding five police officers before he was fatally shot, police said.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:04:34 EST.
- At least five people killed following shooting in Aurora, Illinois
At least five people are dead and five officers wounded, officials said. A gunman at a warehouse in Aurora, Illinois, inflicted multiple casualties, including several police officers. The suspect, identified as Gary Martin, 45, ...
New Zealand Herald. Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:58:25 +1200.
- Their wrongful convictions tossed, 19 sue Chicago, corrupt cop: 'This case illustrates what the code of silence is'
Octayvia McDonald was 17 and pregnant when she was first arrested by disgraced Chicago police Sgt. Ronald Watts and his crew while visiting relatives at the now shuttered Ida B. Wells housing complex. ...
Elvia Malagon. Chicago Tribune. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:55:00 PST.
- 'Several injured' in Illinois factory shooting
A suspect has been apprehended but there are unconfirmed reports a number of people have been shot.
BBC News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 21:38:37 GMT.
Illinois Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Illinois as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,801,539||-0.29|
|July 1, 2015||12,839,047||-0.22|
|July 1, 2014||12,867,544||-0.09|
|July 1, 2013||12,879,505||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,870,798||0.08|
|July 1, 2011||12,860,012||0.14|
|July 1, 2010||12,841,578|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Illinois was 12,830,632.
In 2008, the estimated population of Illinois was 12,901,563, whereas
in 2006, the population of Illinois was about 12,759,673.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Illinois' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Illinois
web page. For maps of Illinois,
visit this Illinois Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Springfield, Illinois.
Illinois newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Illinois
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Illinois