Aggregated Illinois News Articles
- Former Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould announces retirement
Longtime NFL kicker Robbie Gould is retiring following an 18-year career that established him as one of the game's best in the clutch.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 18:11:26 +0000.
- Chicago City Council meeting to address migrant crisis amid fallout from scrapped Brighton Park camp
Chicago's handling of the migrant crisis will be on the agenda for Thursday's City Council meeting.
Diane Pathieu. ABC News. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 17:19:49 +0000.
- Man found shot, killed at block of contentious West Loop encampment, police say
Officers found the man fatally shot on the 500 block of West Lake Street at 12:50 a.m., Chicago police said.
Jake Sheridan. Chicago Tribune. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 17:14:01 +0000.
- Buffalo company lands deal with Chicago Blackhawks
It was a big moment for Matthew Keeler's career, when he went to Chicago to pitch a partnership and merchandise deal to the Chicago Blackhawk's organization.
Katie Anderson. American City Business Journals. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 16:00:00 +0000.
- Man dies in car accident overnight on Northwest Side, police say
A man was pronounced dead after a vehicle accident overnight in the Hermosa neighborhood on the Northwest Side, Chicago police said.
Deanese Williams-harris. Chicago Tribune. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 14:43:28 +0000.
- Here's Why You Should Hold Illinois Tool (ITW) Stock for Now
Illinois Tool (ITW) is benefiting from the ongoing momentum in the Automotive OEM segment and impressive enterprise initiatives. The company's efforts to reward its shareholders are praiseworthy.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 14:43:00 GMT.
- Chicago aquarium welcomes sea otter pup rescued from Alaska: 'An ambassador for his species'
The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has welcomed an 8-week-old northern sea otter rescued from Alaska. The pup was brought to Shedd from the Alaska SeaLife Center.
Fox News. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 07:52:45 -0500.
- Chicago White Sox owner meets with Mayor Freddie O'Connell amid move speculation
The owner of the Chicago White Sox met with Mayor Freddie O'Connell while in Nashville for MLB Winter Meetings.
Julia Masters. American City Business Journals. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 12:34:56 +0000.
- Chicago man admits to shooting 3 undercover federal agents after mistaking them for rival gang members
A Chicago man has pleaded guilty to a 2021 drive-by shooting of three undercover federal agents, whom he mistakenly believed to be rival gang members.
Fox News. Thu, 07 Dec 2023 07:30:05 -0500.
- Chicago Slices Through Orlando To Take The Major League Pickleball Super Final Title
The Ben Johns-led Chicago Slice shocked the premier league by beating both Season 2 event champions DC and Orlando to take the Super Finals. In Challenger, SoCal finished off an undefeated season to take their 3rd successive title.
By Todd Boss, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 10:57:21 -0500.
- The Cream Of The Association Of Pickleball Players Tour Finishes The Season On Top
The Association of Pickleball Players (APP) tour capped off its 2023 season with a star-studded event in Chicago, which saw its top stars win golds for the last time this season.
By Todd Boss, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 08:40:46 -0500.
- American Water's (AWK) Illinois Unit Invests $297M in 2023
American Water (AWK), along with its subsidiaries, is making systematic investments to upgrade its water and wastewater infrastructure to provide reliable services to its large customer base.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 04 Dec 2023 15:34:00 GMT.
- A Baseball Legend Wants His Hall of Fame Plaque Changed to the Cubs
Andre Dawson believes that Chicago helped energize and extend his career. Now Cooperstown plans to evaluable his request.
The New York Times. New York Times. Sun, 03 Dec 2023 17:50:58 +0000.
- Federal Jury In Illinois Hits Egg Suppliers With $17.7 Million Penalty For Price Gouging Conspiracy
The egg suppliers were found guilty of manipulating the domestic egg supply between 2004 and 2008
Mariane Angela. Daily Caller. Sun, 03 Dec 2023 01:47:36 +0000.
- Northern US Cities Scramble to House Migrants for Winter
Chicago is scrambling to house hundreds of asylum-seekers who are still sheltering on sidewalks, at police stations and at the city's busiest airport as the cold weather sets in and with winter just around the corner. ...
Voice of America. Sat, 02 Dec 2023 02:58:05 -0500.
Illinois Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Illinois as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,801,539||-0.29|
|July 1, 2015||12,839,047||-0.22|
|July 1, 2014||12,867,544||-0.09|
|July 1, 2013||12,879,505||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,870,798||0.08|
|July 1, 2011||12,860,012||0.14|
|July 1, 2010||12,841,578|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Illinois was 12,830,632.
In 2008, the estimated population of Illinois was 12,901,563, whereas
in 2006, the population of Illinois was about 12,759,673.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Illinois' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Illinois
web page. For maps of Illinois,
visit this Illinois Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Springfield, Illinois.
Illinois newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Illinois
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Illinois