Aggregated Illinois News Articles
- Chicago's Les Turner ALS Walk For Life returns to Soldier Field
Thousands are walking for a cure Saturday in the Les Turner ALS Walk for Life at Soldier Field.
Phil Schwarz. ABC News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:58:48 +0000.
- Saturday Spotlight: Vitamin Angels
Walgreens and Vitamin Angels are providing free prenatal vitamins and minerals and nutrition educational materials at 16 participating Walgreens locations in Chicago.
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:33:23 +0000.
- Chicago realtors say the local housing market is still strong despite the uptick in interest rates
Home sales across the nation slowed in recent months as interest rates started to climb, but Chicago real estate agents say the local market is still hot.
Tatyana Turner. Chicago Tribune. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:00:00 +0000.
- Marc-Andre Fleury relishing first consistent Wild practice schedule during preseason
After arriving from Chicago in March and re-signing in July, Marc-Andre Fleury's role on the Wild has changed more than he expected.
Sarah Mclellan. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:29:26 +0000.
- Person critically injured in West Side building explosion has died
He had burns over 90% of his body, according to the Chicago Fire Department, after the apartment building exploded around 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Maddie Ellis. Chicago Tribune. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:27:00 +0000.
- Four dead after man kills family then himself in Illinois home
The tragedy unfolded in Oak Forest, a suburb of Chicago, early on Friday morning. Police were first called to a domestic disturbance at the house at 7am.
Daily Mail. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:26:51 GMT.
- 3 killed in shooting at house; suspected gunman found dead inside after fire
The incident prompted officials in Oak Forest, Illinois, to urge people to shelter in place.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:11:00 -0400.
- Interapt announces major expansion in deal with CVS Health, Chicago's Discovery Partners Institute
"We've learned that with the right model, the right investment and the right drive, we're able to guide deserving people across our country to their American dream," the company's CEO said.
Haley Cawthon. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:38:29 +0000.
- Chicago White Sox Lose Playoff Hopes With Cleveland Sweep, Time To Look To 2023
The Sox are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, that magic number is five, but their chances of getting in are effectively nil.
By Jared Wyllys, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:26:45 -0400.
- 1 dead, 7 injured after explosion inside Chicago apartment building
Natural gas was the source of the ignition, fire officials said Friday, but they do not yet know what caused the ignition.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:36:00 -0400.
- Life Time opens 148,000-square-foot fitness center in Lake Zurich
Life Time has opened its 13th health club in Chicagoland.
Ben Miller. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:48:06 +0000.
- Smashing Pumpkins Beguile During Special Homecoming Set At Metro Chicago
Over the course of nearly two and a half hours on stage at Metro during a special sold out club set, the Smashing Pumpkins looked back on just about every facet of their recorded career Tuesday night in Chicago.
By Jim Ryan, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:39:01 -0400.
- Bulls guard Ball set for arthroscopic knee surgery
With training camp set to begin next week, Chicago Bulls guard Lonzo Ball will undergo an arthroscopic debridement of his left knee and will be reevaluated in four to six weeks, the team announced on Wednesday.
ESPN. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:09:21 EST.
- At least 8 people taken to hospitals after Chicago building explosion
The source of the explosion is unknown at this time, and the ATF and the Chicago Police bomb unit are on scene to assist.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:46:00 GMT.
- Illinois Democrat facing federal bribery charges tied to red light cameras
An Illinois Democratic senator is accused of taking bribes from a red light camera company in exchange for protecting them from legislation he introduced.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 00:27:10 GMT.
Illinois Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Illinois as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,801,539||-0.29|
|July 1, 2015||12,839,047||-0.22|
|July 1, 2014||12,867,544||-0.09|
|July 1, 2013||12,879,505||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,870,798||0.08|
|July 1, 2011||12,860,012||0.14|
|July 1, 2010||12,841,578|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Illinois was 12,830,632.
In 2008, the estimated population of Illinois was 12,901,563, whereas
in 2006, the population of Illinois was about 12,759,673.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Illinois' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Illinois
web page. For maps of Illinois,
visit this Illinois Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Springfield, Illinois.
Illinois newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Illinois
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Illinois