Aggregated Illinois News Articles
- 15 injured, 1 seriously after boat explodes during refueling on Illinois River, ISP says
A boat explosion in the southwest suburbs Memorial Day weekend has sent 15 people to the hospital with injuries Saturday, according to police.
Wls. ABC News. Sun, 29 May 2022 03:38:37 +0000.
- Chicago celebrates Memorial Day weekend with summer-like weather
With temperatures hovering close to the 80s, everyone wanted to get out for Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.
Evelyn Holmes. ABC News. Sun, 29 May 2022 03:22:55 +0000.
- Man missing from Chicago pulled from waters of Lake Michigan in Wilmette identified: officials
Daniel Sotelo, missing from Chicago, pulled from waters of Lake Michigan in Wilmette identified: officials
Stephanie Casanova. Chicago Tribune. Sun, 29 May 2022 02:25:58 +0000.
- Chicago White Sox Set To Pay $15 Million For Keuchel Not To Pitch
Signing Dallas Keuchel to a three-year, $55.5-million contract helped the Chicago White Sox reach the playoffs two years after a 100-loss season. But Keuchel has been ineffective the last two seasons. ...
By Phil Rogers, Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 28 May 2022 17:45:45 -0400.
- Chicago's Memorial Day wreath-laying ceremony and parade
Chicago's Memorial Day wreath-laying ceremony and parade on May 28, 2022.
John Kim. Chicago Tribune. Sat, 28 May 2022 20:51:29 +0000.
- Luxury condo tower in Lakeshore East now open, plus 4 more Chicago-area real estate deals to know
Plus Heritage-Crystal Clean moving its headquarters to Bell Works Chicagoland, ScalpTrade moves HQ to Central Loop and other CRE news.
I-chun Chen. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 May 2022 22:28:39 +0000.
- Preservation of Affordable Housing's buying spree around the Obama Center not over yet
A Chicago nonprofit has quickly became a major landlord in one South Side neighborhood.
Wendell Hutson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 May 2022 19:40:52 +0000.
- Chicago enters level of 'high' Covid alert
Chicago has become the latest city to enter a level of 'high' Covid alert, though officials will break from CDC orders by not setting a mask mandate.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 May 2022 15:02:00 GMT.
- Maybe El Paso should take Chicago's nickname: Wind speeds higher than average this spring
Wondering why you're finding your recycling bin in the street more often? Several factors have contributed to making El Paso a bit windier this spring.
Martha Pskowski, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Thu, 26 May 2022 16:12:00 +0000.
- Abbott Bashes Gun Reform, Says Chicago Efforts Have Proven Ineffective
'What you're talking about, it's not a real solution'
Devan Bugbee. Daily Caller. Thu, 26 May 2022 00:39:19 +0000.
- Bulls' Lavine has successful left knee surgery
Chicago Bulls guard Zach Lavine had successful arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Tuesday in Los Angeles and is expected to make a full recovery, the team announced.
ESPN. Tue, 24 May 2022 19:00:38 EST.
- WATCH: Union Omaha General Manager talks about upcoming U.S. Open Cup match
Union Omaha came out swinging in their round of 32 game, defeating MLS club Chicago Fire FC
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 24 May 2022 20:55:00 GMT.
- Gophers men's basketball to compete in SoCal Challenge during Thanksgiving week
UNLV and Southern Illinois will be among the teams in Minnesota's division of the SoCal Challenge as Ben Johnson brings an overhauled roster into his second season as coach.
Marcus Fuller. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Tue, 24 May 2022 14:35:02 +0000.
- Anderson hushes booing Yankees fans with HR
Tim Anderson hit a three-run homer and then put a finger to his lips to silence the booing fans, capping a tumultuous weekend at Yankee Stadium and helping the Chicago White Sox beat New York 5-0 Sunday night for a doubleheader sweep.
ESPN. Mon, 23 May 2022 12:19:24 EST.
- How Pamela Anderson Is Finding Her Power
The actress is stretching her chops making her Broadway debut as Roxie Hart in the hit musical Chicago.
By Jeryl Brunner, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 22 May 2022 16:32:49 -0400.
Illinois Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Illinois as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,801,539||-0.29|
|July 1, 2015||12,839,047||-0.22|
|July 1, 2014||12,867,544||-0.09|
|July 1, 2013||12,879,505||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,870,798||0.08|
|July 1, 2011||12,860,012||0.14|
|July 1, 2010||12,841,578|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Illinois was 12,830,632.
In 2008, the estimated population of Illinois was 12,901,563, whereas
in 2006, the population of Illinois was about 12,759,673.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Illinois' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Illinois
web page. For maps of Illinois,
visit this Illinois Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Springfield, Illinois.
Illinois newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Illinois
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Illinois