Aggregated Rhode Island News Articles
- Board OKs offshore-wind cable landing at Quonset Point
A 23-mile undersea cable will link Revolution Wind with the Rhode Island mainland.
Mary Serreze. American City Business Journals. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 17:51:14 +0000.
- Brown University scoops up 10 parcels in Jewelry District
The news comes one day after the university announced plans to build a new integrated life sciences building in the neighborhood.
Mary Serreze. American City Business Journals. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:49:10 +0000.
- Rhode Island Candidate Charged After Video Showed Him Punching an Opponent at an Abortion Protest
Jeann Lugo, a Republican and off-duty police officer, was suspended by the Providence Police Department after striking Jennifer Rourke, a Democrat, the authorities said.
Neil Vigdor. New York Times. Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:23:21 +0000.
- Rhode Island hospital launches human pasteurized milk donor program
It is the first in the state to launch a human pasteurized milk donor program in an effort to combat the nationwide baby formula shortage.
CBS News. Sun, 26 Jun 2022 12:48:05 -0400.
- Rhode Island cop arrested for assault on political opponent at abortion rights rally after Supreme Court Roe ruling
Jen Rourke said she was "violently attacked" after her speech outside the state house in Providence protesting the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade.
CNBC. Sun, 26 Jun 2022 10:10:04 GMT.
- Aspiring GOP state senator from Rhode Island suspends his campaign and faces losing his job
A Rhode Island cop was arrested and suspended his state senate campaign after a video emerged apparently showing him punching his Democratic female rival, during a Roe v. Wade protest.
Daily Mail. Sun, 26 Jun 2022 05:35:17 GMT.
- Rhode Island state Senate candidate suspends campaign after video shows him hitting opponent at protest
- Rhode Island police officer on leave after allegedly assaulting political opponent at abortion rally
The Providence Police Department has placed an officer on administrative leave as they investigate an incident where a woman he was running for office against was assaulted.
Andrew Miller. Fox News. Sat, 25 Jun 2022 22:13:47 GMT.
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest
A Rhode Island police officer accused of punching a woman at an abortion protest while he was off-duty was suspended from his job with pay Saturday while the Providence Police Department conducts a criminal investigation into his actions.
Washington Times. Sat, 25 Jun 2022 14:33:51 -0400.
- Rhode Island traffic confrontation leads to life sentence
A Rhode Island man was convicted of fatally shooting a man during a traffic confrontation. Jairo Esdel Galva will serve a life sentenced for second-degree murder.
Fox News. Wed, 15 Jun 2022 15:27:58 GMT.
Rhode Island Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Rhode Island as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||1,056,426||0.08|
|July 1, 2015||1,055,607||0.11|
|July 1, 2014||1,054,480||0.14|
|July 1, 2013||1,053,033||0.01|
|July 1, 2012||1,052,901||0.04|
|July 1, 2011||1,052,451||-0.08|
|July 1, 2010||1,053,337|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Rhode Island was 1,052,567.
In 2008, the estimated population of Rhode Island was 1,050,788, whereas
in 2006, the population of Rhode Island was about 1,058,991.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Rhode Island's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Rhode Island
web page. For maps of Rhode Island,
visit this Rhode Island Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Providence, Rhode Island.
Rhode Island newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
Rhode Island library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Rhode Island
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Rhode Island