Aggregated Utah News Articles
- Photos: Kiln cuts ribbon on new Boulder flex-office and coworking space
While the pandemic has presented challenges, a Utah-based coworking company opened its first out-of-state expansion in Boulder this month.
Nick Greenhalgh. American City Business Journals. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:08:23 +0000.
- Utah Jazz to Sell Majority Stake to Tech Entrepreneur
The Miller family, which has owned at least 50 percent of the team since 1985, has agreed to sell a majority interest to Ryan Smith, a billionaire who co-founded a Utah software company.
Marc Stein. New York Times. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 20:30:00 +0000.
- Who Is Gail Miller, The Car Dealership Tycoon Who Just Agreed To Sell The Utah Jazz?
The deal, which needs the approval of the NBA, is 70 times what the Millers paid for the team over three decades ago.
By Lisette Voytko, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:06:41 -0400.
- Qualtrics co-founder Ryan Smith joins the NBA ownership club after buying the Utah Jazz
Ryan Smith, a Utah native, will take over ownership from The Miller Family, which purchased the club in 1985 for $22 million.
CNBC. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 19:07:30 GMT.
- Utah Jazz owners sell NBA team to software entrepreneur for '$1.7BN'
The Miller family, the longtime owners of the Utah Jazz, have agreed to sell the NBA franchise to local software entrepreneur Ryan Smith, 40, for a reported $1.7 billion.
Daily Mail. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:41:51 GMT.
- Qualtrics Founder Ryan Smith Buys Majority Interest In Utah Jazz For Reported $1.66 Billion
Gail Miller said that Smith has committed to keeping the Jazz in Utah.
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:05:42 -0400.
- Salt Lake City to Lose Its Two Daily Print Newspapers
The nearly 150-year-old Salt Lake Tribune and The Deseret News, founded in 1850, said this week that they would continue publishing online and move to weekly printed editions at the end of the year.
Jenny Gross and Bryan Pietsch. New York Times. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 02:22:30 +0000.
- KC's VeriShip merges with Utah startup
Kansas City-based VeriShip has merged with a Utah-based startup that provides a data-driven predictive logistics platform for enterprise-grade shippers.
Leslie Collins. American City Business Journals. Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:18:07 +0000.
- Utah hospitals could start rationing care at overwhelmed facilities, hospital association says
Even before a formal rationing of health care, one Utah mother who suffered a heart attack was delayed in getting adequate treatment due to the COVID-19 surge.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 26 Oct 2020 17:28:00 GMT.
- Mackenzie Lueck case: Family of slain Utah college student confronts her killer at sentencing
Mackenzie Lueck's father, Gregory Lueck, told Ayoola A. Ajayi that he had no compassion for him because Ajayi had shown no compassion for his daughter.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 26 Oct 2020 02:05:21 +0000.
- Covid 19 coronavirus: Fear and anxiety spike in virus hot spots across US
Preslie Paur breaks down in tears when she thinks of her state's refusal to mandate face masks.The South Salt Lake City, Utah, woman can't work at her special education job due to an autoimmune disease. Her husband, also a ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:56:46 +1200.
- 'Mom code': Parents reportedly avoid testing kids to keep Utah COVID-19 numbers artificially low
One post in a local moms' Facebook group reads, "If your child shows COVID symptoms please keep them home but do not test."
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 24 Oct 2020 17:18:05 +0000.
Utah Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Utah as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||3,051,217||2.03|
|July 1, 2015||2,990,632||1.66|
|July 1, 2014||2,941,836||1.35|
|July 1, 2013||2,902,663||1.64|
|July 1, 2012||2,855,782||1.41|
|July 1, 2011||2,816,124||1.47|
|July 1, 2010||2,775,326|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Utah was 2,763,885.
In 2008, the estimated population of Utah was 2,736,424, whereas
in 2006, the population of Utah was about 2,585,155.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Utah's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Utah
web page. For maps of Utah,
visit this Utah Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Utah newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Utah
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Utah