Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Lifeguard in South Carolina bitten by shark while on duty
The lifeguard suffered several deep lacerations to the upper body, officials said.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 17:02:00 GMT.
- A two-headed sea turtle hatchling was found on a South Carolina beach
Park volunteers patrolling a beach in South Carolina stumbled upon an unexpected surprise: a two-headed baby sea turtle.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 15:36:00 GMT.
- South Carolina shooting: 3 killed, suspect captured in Florida after manhunt, sheriff says
A man suspected of killing three people and injuring a child in a shooting in South Carolina on Monday has been arrested in Florida following a manhunt, authorities said Tuesday.
David Aaro. Fox News. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 08:01:39 GMT.
- Clemson football player arrested after driving 115 mph, smashing into mail carrier: police
Fred Davis II, a Clemson football player, was arrested on Sunday after he drove 60 mph over the speed limit and crashed into a mail carrier on July 21 in South Carolina, according to police.
Daniel Canova. Fox News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 23:59:52 GMT.
- Fully Vaccinated Sen. Lindsey Graham Tests Positive for COVID
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday night that he has tested positive for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated months ago. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 23:23:51 +0000.
- GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham reveals Covid infection, lauds vaccine: 'My symptoms would be far worse'
Sen. Lindsey Graham revealed Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19, but the South Carolina Republican said that his "symptoms would be far worse" if he had not already received full dosages of the coronavirus vaccine.
CNBC. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:11:25 GMT.
- Paper mill co-owned by Robert Kraft accused of sickening residents of South Carolina town
Residents of Fort Mill, South Carolina, have claimed that a nearby paper mill plant is releasing noxious gases that cause migraines, dizziness, vomiting and nosebleeds.
Daily Mail. Thu, 29 Jul 2021 04:29:47 GMT.
- In Charleston, S.C., Saving Historic Homes Means Hoisting Them in the Air
A city known for extraordinary architecture is coming to terms with intensifying storms, a rising sea and streets that flood with distressing regularity.
Richard Fausset and Christopher Flavelle. New York Times. Sat, 24 Jul 2021 16:35:05 +0000.
- Noem to headline GOP event in early-voting South Carolina
- Triad concert production company back in business at Carolina Country Music Festival
After being practically shuttered for 15 months, Special Event Services of Mocksville relaunched to produce lighting, sound and more for the 2021 Carolina Country Music Festival in Myrtle Beach.
Andy Warfield. American City Business Journals. Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:35:44 +0000.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene, Thomas Massie, Ralph Norman mask fines upheld
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Three Republican U.S. House members have lost appeals challenging fines for not wearing face coverings on the House floor earlier this year. ...
Meg Kinnard. Washington Times. Tue, 20 Jul 2021 20:52:17 -0400.
- Brentwood-based Reliant Bancorp bought by South Carolina bank for $517 million
Upon closure of the deal in the first quarter 2022, Greenville, South Carolina-based United Community Banks is expected to be the 10th-largest bank in Tennessee for deposit market share.
Joel Stinnett. American City Business Journals. Wed, 14 Jul 2021 22:05:25 +0000.
- Live Updates: Tropical Storm Elsa makes landfall along Florida's Gulf Coast
A stretch of the U.S. East Coast from north of Little River Inlet, South Carolina, to Sandy Hook, New Jersey, is now under a tropical storm watch.
CBS News. Wed, 07 Jul 2021 17:15:05 -0400.
- GOP Rep Says She Has Started Carrying a Gun After Home Vandalism Incident
Republican Rep. Nancy Mace of South Carolina is standing her ground. Mace’s house was vandalized over Memorial Day weekend. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Tue, 06 Jul 2021 18:02:10 +0000.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina