Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Joe Biden still confident he's going to win South Carolina
"I feel good about where we are. I feel good about going into South Carolina," Biden told "Face the Nation."
CBS News. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 05:37:13 -0500.
- Joe Biden "still" confident he's going to take South Carolina with African-American support/
Despite poor finishes in the primary contests thus far, Biden told "Face the Nation" he "feels good" about South Carolina
CBS News. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 23:58:03 -0500.
- LSU ends 2-game losing streak with 86-80 win over Gamecocks
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - After a struggling stretch, LSU needed someone to step up. Darius Days was ready for the call. ...
Pete Iacobelli. Washington Times. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 20:27:32 -0500.
- Sanders cruises to victory in Nevada to cement frontrunner role, Biden eyes South Carolina
Sen. Bernard Sanders easily won the Nevada Democratic presidential caucuses Saturday, according to projections by the Associated Press. The decisive win cemented Mr. ...
S.a. Miller. Washington Times. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 19:57:57 -0500.
- Joe Biden claims he was arrested in South Africa while trying to visit Nelson Mandela
Biden, 77, first told the story at a campaign event in Columbia, South Carolina on February 11, as he tried to shake off defeat in New Hampshire, and has repeated it twice more.
Daily Mail. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 00:02:49 GMT.
- Nevada Caucus: Will Bernie Sanders win? 5 other questions in 3rd contest in Democratic presidential race
If Bernie Sanders wins, he solidifies front-runner status heading into South Carolina and, more importantly, into critical Super Tuesday primaries.
Ap. ABC News. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 19:10:21 +0000.
- Neighbor abducted, asphyxiated 6-year-old girl then let police search his home
First grader Faye Swetlik was found dead on Thursday -- three days after she vanished from the front yard of her South Carolina home.
ABC News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 23:13:14 -0500.
- Voters Of Color Are Set To Have A Bigger Say As Democrats Enter A Crucial Phase
The Democratic presidential candidates have so far stood for elections in two of the whitest states in the country. That changes with Nevada and South Carolina.
Domenico Montanaro. NPR. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:00:50 -0500.
- Faye Swetlik's funeral expenses will be covered, SC funeral home announces
A South Carolina funeral home has offered to cover the funeral expenses of a 6-year-old girl who was found dead in a wooded area near her home last week.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Tue, 18 Feb 2020 04:05:09 GMT.
- RCP reporter: Biden dropping in Nevada, Bloomberg 'very happy' with how election is playing out
Real Clear Politics political reporter Phil Wegmann joined "America's News HQ" Saturday to talk about which candidates in the upcoming Nevada and South Carolina elections have the advantage.
Victor Garcia. Fox News. Sun, 16 Feb 2020 01:02:42 GMT.
- Muddled Democratic Presidential Race Heads to Nevada, South Carolina
Sanders and Buttigieg lead pack after two contests.
Voice of America. Fri, 14 Feb 2020 18:00:49 -0500.
- Megadonor Alan Patricof sticks with embattled Biden but says he must win South Carolina
A day after two major Biden fundraisers, Patricof said attendance at the events indicted support remains strong.
CNBC. Fri, 14 Feb 2020 18:12:13 GMT.
- Duke Energy CEO Lynn Good talks Santee Cooper miss, Atlantic Coast Pipeline ownership change
Duke Energy had bid on purchasing South Carolina-owned Santee Cooper outright or contracting to operate the troubled utility. It finished out of the running on both counts.
John Downey. American City Business Journals. Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:51:22 +0000.
- Biden will head to South Carolina on New Hampshire primary night as his poll numbers tank
It signals Joe Biden's campaign sees South Carolina as critical to his chances as Sanders, Buttigieg and others lead in New Hampshire polls.
CNBC. Wed, 12 Feb 2020 01:21:03 GMT.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina