Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- The scene from La Quinta Inn fire in Columbia, SC
Columbia firefighters respond to a fire Tuesday at the La Quinta Inn off of Horseshoe Drive near Two Notch Road. One victim has been rescued. … Click to Continue »
The State. Tue, 21 May 2019 13:31:31 EDT.
- Mother breaks down on the stand as she cries for her five children murdered by her ex-husband
Amber Kyzer broke down during her testimony on Monday at the death penalty trial of her ex-husband, Timothy Jones, who is charged with killing their five young children in South Carolina in 2014.
Daily Mail. Tue, 21 May 2019 15:15:24 +0100.
- Nucor to Make Capital Investment at South Carolina Bar Mill
Nucor's (NUE) strategic investment is complementary to current bar mills that mainly produce engineered bar products.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 21 May 2019 12:03:00 GMT.
- Sheriff: Dad, thinking intruder, fatally shoots his daughter
Authorities in South Carolina say a Greenville man mistook his daughter for a potential intruder and killed her
ABC News. Mon, 20 May 2019 07:12:27 -0400.
- Country singer Travis Tritt's tour bus damaged in fatal crash on South Carolina highway
"Bus damage can be fixed, but lives cannot be replaced. I'm so incredibly sad for those who lost their lives tonight," Travis Tritt said.
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 18 May 2019 16:34:53 +0000.
- Country star Travis Tritt involved in fatal accident, 2 dead and one injured
Country music star Travis Tritt was involved in a fatal car crash early Saturday morning where two people died after a car traveling the wrong way on a South Carolina highway collided with another vehicle.
Paulina Dedaj. Fox News. Sat, 18 May 2019 16:12:21 GMT.
- Tiger shark with stomach, teeth removed found on South Carolina beach, gruesome photo shows
A 9-foot juvenile tiger shark that had its stomach cut open and its teeth and jaw apparently removed was photographed on a South Carolina beach this week.
Ann Schmidt. Fox News. Fri, 17 May 2019 23:47:54 GMT.
- Carolina Panthers Potential Practice Facility Move Draws Praise, Concern
The Carolina Panthers are eyeing their options as South Carolina pitches lucrative practice facility offer.
By Tom Flynn, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 17 May 2019 15:53:00 -0400.
- An Enormous Great White Shark Is Cruising Toward the Outer Banks. But There's Nothing to Fear.
A great white shark named Luna has been detected near the South Carolina coast. She weighs more than 2,000 pounds.
Live Science. Thu, 16 May 2019 07:27:00 EDT.
- Lindsey Graham Proposes Bill To Help Fix Issues Fueling the Border Crisis
South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham introduced an immigration bill addressing numerous underlying issues that law enforcement officials say are driving the U.S.-Mexico border crisis. ...
Jason Hopkins. Western Journal. Wed, 15 May 2019 17:27:15 +0000.
- Poll Shows Buttigieg with Zero Percent Support from Black Voters in SC
South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg failed to win a single percent of support from African Americans who are likely to vote in the South Carolina Democratic primary, The Hill reports.
Newsmax. Mon, 13 May 2019 17:28:05 EDT.
- Cory Booker on health care, gun control and 'governing to unite this country again'
Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl is on the campaign trail in South Carolina with Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., for "This Week."
Yahoo. Sun, 12 May 2019 08:35:50 -0400.
- College student killed after getting into car she thought was her Uber awarded posthumous degree
The University of South Carolina's president had a touching tribute for Samantha Josephson at graduation.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 11 May 2019 23:49:00 GMT.
- Father, 49, and Son, 23, Graduating from South Carolina State University at the Same Time
One South Carolina family will have much to celebrate this week when father Antonio Gathers and his son, Brandon, graduate from college at the same time.
Southern Living. Southern Living. Sat, 11 May 2019 13:06:52 +0000.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina