Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Lightning strike in South Carolina leaves tree with burning 'claw marks'
Talk about leaving a mark.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:28:08 GMT.
- Installed Building Expands Reach in South Carolina & Georgia
Installed Building Products' (IBP) acquisition strategy is set to boost geographical boundaries and product offerings.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:40:00 GMT.
- Milwaukee software firm being shut down by South Carolina parent company
ScanSource acquired Canpango in 2018 to lead its Salesforce implementation and consulting business.
Nick Williams. American City Business Journals. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 15:55:40 +0000.
- 5.1 magnitude earthquake shakes North Carolina
It's the largest earthquake to hit the state since 1916. It was felt as far away as Tennessee and South Carolina.
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:13:53 -0400.
- 5.1 earthquake in North Carolina reportedly felt hundreds of miles away
The quake was felt in nearby states including Virginia, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Ap. ABC News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:45:15 +0000.
- 5.1-magnitude earthquake shakes parts of the Southeast early Sunday, officials say
The quake was the biggest in North Carolina since 1916. It was felt from South Carolina to Kentucky
Yahoo. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 09:37:48 -0400.
- Woman who gouged out her own EYES in crystal meth-induced psychotic frenzy receives prosthetics
Kaylee Muthart, 22, of Central, South Carolina, ripped out her own eyes while high on crystal meth two years ago (centre and right), but she has now received her first pair of prosthetic eyeballs (left).
Daily Mail. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 10:11:01 GMT.
- Quinnipiac polls: Gideon leads Collins in Maine; South Carolina Senate race tied
Gideon leads Collins, 47 percent to 43 percent, with 6 percent of voters undecided, according to the survey.
Yahoo. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 15:02:51 -0400.
- Ryan Reynolds apologizes for plantation wedding with Blake Lively: 'Giant f--king mistake'
Ryan Reynolds apologized for his 2012 wedding with Blake Lively at Boone Hall, a former slave plantation, in South Carolina.
Naledi Ushe. Fox News. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 16:45:51 GMT.
- Tropical Storm Isaias Forecast To Become Hurricane As It Hits Carolinas
Winds of 74 mph or more and storm surges of three to five feet are expected, as parts of North and South Carolina are under a hurricane watch.
By Lisette Voytko, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 03 Aug 2020 08:16:35 -0400.
- South Carolina culinary schools adapt to a COVID-19 world
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Restaurants continue to contend with COVID, and universities plan reopening strategies for the fall, but for culinary schools, which combine both elements, the landscape is particularly challenging. ...
Lillia Callum-penso, The Greenville News. Washington Times. Mon, 03 Aug 2020 01:01:12 -0400.
- Isaias strengthens slightly as it pushes toward East Coast
A hurricane watch is in effect from South Santee River, South Carolina, to Surf City, North Carolina.
CBS News. Sun, 02 Aug 2020 20:00:00 -0400.
- South Carolina builder eyes Garner area for 300+ homes
The development would have a mix of townhomes and single-family homes with prices starting in the $200,000s.
Caleb Harshberger. American City Business Journals. Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:43:55 +0000.
- Fight in front of children leads deputies to mother's body buried in cornfield, sheriff says
South Carolina authorities are working to extradite a man from Alabama who deputies say killed the mother of his children and left her partially buried in a cornfield.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:12:00 GMT.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina