Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Alex Murdaugh news: Convicted murderer pleads not guilty to federal wire fraud, money laundering
Murdaugh is already serving a life sentence in a South Carolina state prison for killing his wife and son.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 31 May 2023 23:17:25 +0000.
- General Hospital star arrested after drunk episode at SC airport - his second arrest in three years
General Hospital star, Tyler Christopher, 50, was arrested after passing out drunk at a South Carolina airport, his second public intoxication arrest in three years.
Daily Mail. Wed, 31 May 2023 21:53:28 GMT.
- Charlotte college football opener featuring UNC and South Carolina will kick off on ABC in prime time
Tickets for South Carolina-UNC go on sale June 6.
Erik Spanberg. American City Business Journals. Wed, 31 May 2023 18:56:35 +0000.
- Nikki Haley's husband to deploy to Africa for a year as she campaigns
Haley's husband is a major in the South Carolina National Guard and joined in 2006 as an officer.
CBS News. Wed, 31 May 2023 14:37:00 -0400.
- South Carolina bank receives regulatory approvals to acquire longtime Miami-Dade bank
The board of directors for both companies and the local bank's shareholders also approved the deal.
Eman Elshahawy. American City Business Journals. Wed, 31 May 2023 15:52:04 +0000.
- Store Owner Charged With Murdering 14-Year-Old He Wrongly Accused of Stealing
Rick Chow, who believed Cyrus Carmack-Belton had stolen four water bottles, chased him out of his convenience store in Columbia, S.C., and fatally shot the boy in the back, the authorities said.
Eduardo Medina. New York Times. Wed, 31 May 2023 03:54:21 +0000.
- 1 dead, 5 wounded in shooting near nightclub in South Carolina
The sheriff's office says the person who was killed was pronounced dead at the scene. No arrests have been made.
CBS News. Tue, 30 May 2023 09:45:00 -0400.
- Trump's welcome of Scott into 2024 race shows his calculus: The more GOP rivals, the better for him
When Republican Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina launched his campaign for the White House last week, the notoriously prickly former President Donald Trump welcomed his new competitor with open arms.
Jill Colvin and Steve Peoples. Washington Times. Mon, 29 May 2023 00:06:03 -0400.
- 20-year-old US soldier dies in rollover accident
A 20-year-old American soldier from South Carolina died in a non-combat rollover accident in Kuwait on Thursday, U.S. officials said.
ABC News. Sat, 27 May 2023 13:12:12 -0400.
- South Carolina six-week abortion ban temporarily halted
The bill will undergo Supreme Court review following intervention by Judge Clifton Newman.
BBC News. Sat, 27 May 2023 07:07:11 GMT.
- Judge Puts South Carolina Abortion Ban on Hold
The new law prohibited most abortions after six weeks, and was just signed into law.
New York Times. Fri, 26 May 2023 20:34:33 +0000.
- Judge Temporarily Blocks South Carolina Heartbeat Abortion Law
'The status quo should be maintained until the Supreme Court reviews its decision, the judge said
Arjun Singh. Daily Caller. Fri, 26 May 2023 16:51:13 +0000.
- Nicholas Goldberg: Should a 14-year-old school shooter be eligible for parole?
A teenager committed a horrible murder at a South Carolina school. But he doesn't deserve a life sentence with no possibility of release
Nicholas Goldberg. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 26 May 2023 10:00:19 GMT.
- DeSantis launches blitz in Iowa, N.H., S.C. as primary fight gets underway
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will blitz the early primary states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina next week as his 2024 challenge against former President Donald Trump gets underway in earnest.
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Thu, 25 May 2023 08:40:49 -0400.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina