Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- 'Egregious and unacceptable' alligator incident being investigated in South Carolina
A South Carolina town is investigating how a massive alligator was removed from a mini-golf course this week, according to local officials.
Christopher Carbone. Fox News. Fri, 29 May 2020 19:57:30 GMT.
- Baby girl has second mouth with lips, teeth and tongue removed
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT. The 0.8-inch mass was spotted at week 28 of pregnancy but thought to be a cyst. She was born in Charleston, South Carolina.
Daily Mail. Fri, 29 May 2020 06:41:29 GMT.
- Teacher sends middle school grads off with message from 2020 contenders
A South Carolina teacher is trying to give his students something to remember from their graduation
CBS News. Thu, 28 May 2020 17:21:07 -0400.
- S. Carolina county eyes dropping MLK, confederate holidays
LEXINGTON, S.C. (AP) - A county in South Carolina has proposed dropping five holidays, including Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Confederate Memorial Day, to allow county offices to be open to the public on those days. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 28 May 2020 03:46:53 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha Makes Brief but Messy Visit to South Carolina
The storm surprised forecasters by forming, making landfall and moving inland in just 2 hours; no major damage reported.
Voice of America. Wed, 27 May 2020 18:29:54 -0400.
- Bertha weakens into tropical depression hours after South Carolina landfall
Tropical Storm Bertha made landfall in South Carolina Wednesday morning but has weakened into a tropical depression.
Wtvd. ABC News. Wed, 27 May 2020 21:24:41 +0000.
- Tropical Storm Bertha Could Cause Dangerous Flooding in the South
Bertha was named a tropical storm less than two hours before it made landfall near Charleston, S.C., on Wednesday.
Michael Levenson. New York Times. Wed, 27 May 2020 20:51:31 +0000.
- Bertha weakens to tropical depression after making landfall in South Carolina
Bertha, the second named storm this Atlantic hurricane season, has weakened to a tropical depression but was still expected to bring heavy rain and possibly life-threatening flash floods to parts of the Carolinas and Virginia, the U.S. ...
Reuters. Wed, 27 May 2020 15:02:49 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha brings potential flooding for Carolinas, Virginia
Bertha made landfall as a tropical storm Wednesday east of Charleston, S.C., bringing winds and heavy rain to the region before weakening to a tropical depression.
Yahoo. Wed, 27 May 2020 14:54:02 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall on South Carolina's coast
Tropical storm conditions are forecast to continue over the next few hours.
CBS News. Wed, 27 May 2020 14:38:57 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall on South Carolina coast, could bring up to 8 inches of rain to some areas
Tropical Storm Bertha formed off the South Carolina coast Wednesday morning, the second named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season.
Yahoo. Wed, 27 May 2020 11:07:40 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall, bringing heavy rain to South Carolina and inland
A tropical storm that could unleash heavy rainfall and produce life-threatening flash flooding made landfall along the South Carolina coast on Wednesday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
Reuters. Wed, 27 May 2020 10:51:15 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall east of Charleston, South Carolina
Tropical Storm Bertha has made landfall in South Carolina.
Wtvd. ABC News. Wed, 27 May 2020 13:40:56 +0000.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall in South Carolina, heavy rain in store for Carolinas, Virginia
The second named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season formed Wednesday along the South Carolina coast, days before the storm season officially kicks off.
Travis Fedschun Brandon Noriega. Fox News. Wed, 27 May 2020 13:24:23 GMT.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina