Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Nikki Haley returns to New Hampshire to give the new GOP Senate nominee a boost
Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who served as ambassador to the U.N. during the Trump administration, teams up with GOP Senate nominee Don Bolduc of New Hampshire
Paul Steinhauser. Fox News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:00:25 GMT.
- Man Sues Lowe's Home Improvement After Shopping Trip Ends with Bloody Amputation
A South Carolina man is suing a home improvement store after an accident that resulted in the loss of part of his ring finger. ...
Abby Liebing. Western Journal. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 23:47:56 +0000.
- Briny Swine eyes Chicago for first Midwest expansion
The Chicago location will be the second for the smokehouse and oyster bar, following its Edisto Beach, South Carolina, origins.
Alex Zorn. American City Business Journals. Tue, 20 Sep 2022 15:45:51 +0000.
- Humane society asking for donations after sick dog found tied outside shelter with handwritten note
A dog was found tied to a pole outside of a South Carolina humane society with a handwritten note saying she had an illness and the owner could no longer take care of her.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:10:00 GMT.
- Sen. Lindsey Graham hits back at GOP on abortion ban push: 'I'm pro-life, even in an election year'
Sen. Lindsey Graham doubled down Sunday against critics within his own party who say the South Carolina Republican's push for a federal abortion ban is jeopardizing the GOP's chances in the midterm elections.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Sun, 18 Sep 2022 11:02:00 -0400.
- The Ballad of Sir Big Spur: The strange-but-true tale of a live mascot handler feud
The fight over South Carolina's mascot had everything. Two families feuding over proper plumage. An online push for a very popular -- and colorful -- name that was ultimately ignored. Here's the story of how it all went down.
ESPN. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 09:38:35 EST.
- Georgia and the evolution of the tight end in college football
Glorified linemen no more, pass-catching tight ends like those at Georgia and South Carolina are the future of college football.
ESPN. Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:10:51 EST.
- Graham's proposed near-total national abortion ban quickly meets GOP resistance
South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham on Tuesday proposed a near-total national abortion ban after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
ABC News. Tue, 13 Sep 2022 22:14:34 -0400.
- Cities Should Not Trade Existing Businesses For Potential Development
Cities have a weird trick to shut down businesses they don't like by changing zoning and stopping once legal uses of property. It's called "amortization" and it's happening to a small business in South Carolina.
By Andrew Wimer, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 13 Sep 2022 10:23:21 -0400.
- Massive 13-foot alligator caught in South Carolina lake
The gator weighed more than 600 pounds.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:17:00 GMT.
- South Carolina man arrested after he broke into ex-girlfriend's home and dumped dead child's ashes
A South Carolina man has been arrested after becoming 'black-out drunk' and breaking into his ex-girlfriend's home, dumping her dead child's ashes in the trash and damaging her property.
Daily Mail. Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:09:06 GMT.
- SC Democrats call for US Senate candidate to drop out after video comments are leaked
South Carolina Democratic state Rep. Krystle Matthews is now facing calls to drop out of the race for U.S. Senate over secretly recorded comments.
Timothy Nerozzi. Fox News. Fri, 09 Sep 2022 19:24:00 GMT.
- BYU Finds No Evidence Of Racial Abuse Against Black Duke Volleyball Player
Duke and South Carolina both canceled sporting events at BYU following the incident.
By Derek Saul, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Fri, 09 Sep 2022 12:16:34 -0400.
- South Carolina lawmakers at odds over proposed abortion bans
South Carolina lawmakers rejected a near-total abortion ban after the bill had passed in the state House.
ABC News. Fri, 09 Sep 2022 11:25:42 -0400.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina