Aggregated South Carolina News Articles
- Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford Mulls Trump Primary Challenge
'I think the Republican Party has lost its way'
William Davis. Daily Caller. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:01:06 +0000.
- WWE star Jeff Hardy arrested for public intoxication in Myrtle Beach
WWE star Jeffery Hardy was arrested in Myrtle Beach on Saturday for public intoxication.
ABC News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:44:58 +0000.
- WWE superstar Jeff Hardy arrested for public intoxication at a South Carolina family resort
Jeffrey Hardy, 41, was taken-in custody by Myrtle Beach Police on Saturday from Ocean Enclave by Hilton Grand Vacations.
Daily Mail. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:30:29 GMT.
- WWE superstar Jeff Hardy arrested in South Carolina, charged with public intoxication
Wrestling superstar Jeffrey Hardy, half of the "The Hardy Boyz" tag team, was arrested by Myrtle Beach police on Saturday and charged with public intoxication.
Vandana Rambaran. Fox News. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 03:27:45 GMT.
- Religion, Politics and Fried Chicken Sandwiches
I live in South Carolina. We're conservative. We go to church. We're all about faith and family ... and we love Chick-fil-A. Last week it was fun to see crowds of people dressed up as cows heading to their ...
Dwight Longenecker. The Stream. Sat, 13 Jul 2019 11:15:35 +0000.
- South Carolina lottery has record year
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The South Carolina lottery has posted a record year for revenue. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:05:50 -0400.
- Joe Biden up big in South Carolina, holds strong black support: Poll
Joseph R. Biden has maintained a double-digit lead in South Carolina, according to a Fox News survey that shows the former vice president has a big edge among black voters in the 2020 presidential Democratic primary race. Mr. ...
Seth Mclaughlin. Washington Times. Fri, 12 Jul 2019 06:48:16 -0400.
- Birmingham-based senior living company expanding US footprint
Atlas Senior Living is expanding into Florida and Texas and planning an expansion in South Carolina.
Stephanie Rebman. American City Business Journals. Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:30:05 +0000.
- Georgia man, 30, met girl, 13, online, tossed her from window during high-speed chase: cops
A 30-year-old Georgia man is facing multiple charges for allegedly throwing a 13-year-old girl he met online from his car during a high-speed chase in South Carolina early Sunday, police said.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Wed, 10 Jul 2019 09:37:47 GMT.
- Biden Says He Was Wrong in Comments About Segregationists
Campaigning in South Carolina, Biden apologizes for his recent comments about working with segregationist senators.
Voice of America. Sat, 06 Jul 2019 18:51:00 -0400.
- Biden apologizes for segregationist comments
Biden emphasized his tenure as vice president in a speech in South Carolina on Saturday
CBS News. Sat, 06 Jul 2019 18:24:00 -0400.
- Biden says he's "changed" since his days in the Senate
Biden is expected to emphasize his tenure as vice president in a speech in South Carolina on Saturday
CBS News. Sat, 06 Jul 2019 16:16:47 -0400.
- How Rock Hill's bus chief landed at the helm of nation's first all-electric transit system
Erick Hawkins has big plans for the South Carolina city's transit system.
Ken Elkins. American City Business Journals. Fri, 05 Jul 2019 10:50:00 +0000.
- 1 dead, as many as 12 injured in lightning strike in South Carolina on 4th of July
As many as a dozen people were hurt when lightning struck a popular river gathering spot in South Carolina on Independence Day.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 04 Jul 2019 20:47:13 +0000.
South Carolina Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Carolina as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,961,119||1.35|
|July 1, 2015||4,894,834||1.38|
|July 1, 2014||4,828,430||1.27|
|July 1, 2013||4,767,894||1.00|
|July 1, 2012||4,720,760||1.03|
|July 1, 2011||4,672,637||0.79|
|July 1, 2010||4,635,943|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Carolina was 4,625,364.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Carolina was 4,479,800, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Carolina was about 4,324,799.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Carolina's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Carolina
web page. For maps of South Carolina,
visit this South Carolina Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Columbia, South Carolina.
South Carolina newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Carolina library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Carolina
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Carolina