Aggregated Louisiana News Articles
- Congresswoman Julia Letlow reflects on loss of husband Luke, urges vaccination
Louisiana Congresswoman Julia Letlow lost her husband Luke in December, just weeks after he was elected to the same Congressional seat and before he could be sworn in. ...
CBS News. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 18:05:43 -0400.
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) Q2 Earnings Top, Margin Rises, Stock Up
Higher OSB prices and solid Siding sales aid Louisiana-Pacific's (LPX) second-quarter 2021 earnings.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 10:42:00 GMT.
- Mask Mandates Are Returning in Many Cities. N.Y.C. Is Holding Back.
Louisiana and San Francisco brought back indoor mask requirements, but Mayor Bill de Blasio said he wanted New Yorkers to focus on vaccinations.
Emma G. Fitzsimmons and Dana Rubinstein. New York Times. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:27:03 +0000.
- WATCH: Hundreds run for their lives in Bourbon Street shooting
The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a shooting that injured five people on Bourbon Street early Sunday morning.
ABC News. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 17:35:44 -0400.
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in Louisiana to hit record-high
Louisiana is on track to set a record-high for the number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized amid a rapid rise in the delta variant.
Alexandria Hein. Fox News. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 17:16:35 GMT.
- Gary Duncan Tried to Break Up a Fight in 1966. But He Was the One Arrested.
A new documentary follows the complicated legal fight of a civil rights case in 1960s Louisiana that made its way to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Pierre-antoine Louis. New York Times. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:37:44 +0000.
- Pels land Hornets PG Graham in sign-and-trade
Devonte' Graham's new deal with the New Orleans Pelicans is worth $47 million over four years.
ESPN. Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:07:27 EST.
- Southern US States Set Records for COVID Hospitalizations
Louisiana, Florida and Arkansas see highest numbers since start of pandemic.
Voice of America. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:56:59 -0400.
- 1 of the 5 people shot on Bourbon Street in New Orleans is an alleged gunman: Chief
"Very disturbing, very alarming," the police chief said.
ABC News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 19:59:25 -0400.
- Louisiana reinstates mask mandate to combat delta variant
In response to climbing coronavirus case totals and hospitalizations, Louisiana became the second state in the nation to revive its mask mandate on Monday.
CNBC. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 22:42:35 GMT.
- Fistfight over reclined seat breaks out moments after American Airlines flight lands in Austin
A flight from New Orleans to Austin ended in a fight as passengers had to be removed from the airplane after throwing punches at each other. It is not clear if Austin Police has made arrests.
Daily Mail. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:45:31 +0100.
- Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) Q2 Earnings to Rise: Here's Why
Solid housing, and repair and remodel markets are likely to aid Louisiana-Pacific's (LPX) Q2 results.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:57:00 GMT.
- Louisiana man accused of killing his grandma, stabbing mom, and wounding three others during rampage: police
A Louisiana man is in custody after he allegedly killed his grandmother, stabbed his mother, and shot three others during a rampage in Baton Rouge on Sunday, according to authorities.
David Aaro. Fox News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 04:44:34 GMT.
- Louisiana hospitals reach capacity as COVID-19 cases surge
Louisiana hospitals are running out of ICU beds as COVID-19 cases surge in the state.Our Lady of Lourdes and Oschner Lafayette General hospitals have run out of ICU beds. Our Lady of Lourdes has ...
Lexi Lonas. The Hill. Sat, 31 Jul 2021 20:56:14 +0000.
Louisiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Louisiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,681,666||0.27|
|July 1, 2015||4,668,960||0.45|
|July 1, 2014||4,647,880||0.46|
|July 1, 2013||4,626,402||0.50|
|July 1, 2012||4,603,429||0.61|
|July 1, 2011||4,575,404||0.67|
|July 1, 2010||4,544,996|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Louisiana was 4,533,372.
In 2008, the estimated population of Louisiana was 4,410,796, whereas
in 2006, the population of Louisiana was about 4,243,634.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Louisiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Louisiana
web page. For maps of Louisiana,
visit this Louisiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Louisiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Lousiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Louisiana