Aggregated Louisiana News Articles
- Zion Williamson Signs Five-Year Endorsement Deal With Mountain Dew, Continues Marvelous Marketing Run
Thanks to Mountain Dew, New Orleans will have one last chance to meet Williamson before the regular season begins.
By Christopher Dodson, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 21:01:37 +0000.
- New Orleans Will Use Explosives To Topple Cranes At Hard Rock Hotel Collapse Site
A tropical storm will bring gusty winds to the area, threatening the stability of two towering cranes that remain unstable following last weekend's disaster.
Paolo Zialcita. NPR. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:53:49 -0400.
- New Orleans will use explosives to bring down cranes at collapsed Hard Rock Hotel
The demolition of the cranes at the partially collapsed Hard Rock Hotel will happen on Saturday.
ABC News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:26:30 -0400.
- Tropical storm warnings issued from Louisiana to Florida as storm takes aim
Storm surge warnings have been issued from Apalachicola to Clearwater, Florida.
ABC News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:08:32 -0400.
- Louisiana could become first state without access to abortion
CBS News has learned Louisiana could become the first state in the country without access to abortion as soon as next year. The Supreme Court will consider a challenge to Louisiana's so-called Unsafe Abortion Protection Act. ...
CBS News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 12:11:59 +0000.
- Louisiana could become the first state without an abortion clinic next year
Louisiana could become the first state not to have legal abortion access since the procedure was legalized in 1973
CBS News. Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:36:00 +0000.
- Controlled Blasts to Bring Down Cranes at Collapse Site
Authorities in New Orleans say plans are being made to place explosives on two unstable construction cranes in hopes of bringing them down with a series of small controlled blasts ahead of approaching tropical weather.
Voice of America. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:39:13 -0400.
- John Bel Edwards, Eddie Rispone tied in Louisiana governor race, new poll shows
Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards is tied with his Republican challenger in the first poll made public since last week's primary. Mr. ...
James Varney. Washington Times. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:31:39 -0400.
- Louisiana man arrested in 1989 murder case: police
Authorities in Louisiana on Tuesday arrested a man who is accused of murdering his wife and her friend in 1989, according to reports.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 20:06:06 GMT.
- Trace Adkins and his bride parade streets of New Orleans as tipsy officiant Blake Shelton looks on
Trace Adkins and his bride Victoria Pratt celebrated their marriage in New Orleans on Saturday. A source said: 'They were all having a blast, super nice, all smiles.'
Daily Mail. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:27:05 GMT.
- Ex-Saints wide receiver at center of infamous blown call joins XFL
A former NFL wide receiver who was at the center of the controversial pass interference call during the NFC Championship game last season between the New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams has found a new home.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:01:17 GMT.
- Iconic downtown Houston office tower renamed TC Energy Center
Downtown's 700 Louisiana building has been renamed TC Energy Center after its lead tenant, the pipeline and power generation company formerly known as TransCanada.
Katherine Feser. Houston Chronicle. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:30:00 UTC.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Favored To Win NBA MVP; Zion Williamson Is Heavy Rookie Of Year Favorite
Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo is favored to win his second straight NBA MVP award, while New Orleans Pelicans star rookie Zion Williamson is the favorite to be named NBA Rookie of the Year, according to bookmaker.eu.
By Adam Zagoria, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:02:31 +0000.
- Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards falls short, will face runoff in November against Eddie Rispone
NEW ORLEANS — Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards, who hoped to win a second term outright Saturday, was instead forced into a November runoff against a political newcomer, Republican businessman Eddie Rispone. ...
James Varney. Washington Times. Sat, 12 Oct 2019 23:54:56 -0400.
Louisiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Louisiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,681,666||0.27|
|July 1, 2015||4,668,960||0.45|
|July 1, 2014||4,647,880||0.46|
|July 1, 2013||4,626,402||0.50|
|July 1, 2012||4,603,429||0.61|
|July 1, 2011||4,575,404||0.67|
|July 1, 2010||4,544,996|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Louisiana was 4,533,372.
In 2008, the estimated population of Louisiana was 4,410,796, whereas
in 2006, the population of Louisiana was about 4,243,634.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Louisiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Louisiana
web page. For maps of Louisiana,
visit this Louisiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Louisiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Lousiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Louisiana