Aggregated Louisiana News Articles
- Third man charged with attacking LSU sorority girl Madi Brooks, 19, has been released from jail
Former High School Varsity Football player Kaivon Washington, 18, was been bailed out of East Baton Rouge prison on January 26.
Daily Mail. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 17:27:22 GMT.
- Man Who Lured Victim on Grindr Gets 45 Years in Prison for Kidnapping
The attack, which left a Louisiana man in a coma for three days in 2020, was part of a scheme by Chance Seneca, 21, to kidnap and kill gay men, according to federal prosecutors. They said he had been inspired by Jeffrey Dahmer.
Livia Albeck-ripka. New York Times. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 04:35:18 +0000.
- Americans Being Unjustly Removed from Society - Disturbing 14th Amendment Violations Exposed
The state of Louisiana has found itself in hot water with the U.S. Justice Department after it was revealed the state violated constitutional law. ...
John Mccann. Western Journal. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:47:59 +0000.
- Louisiana "routinely" detains inmates past scheduled release dates, Justice Department finds
Nearly 27% of people were held past their release dates during one three-month period, the investigation found, and of those, about a quarter were held for three months.
CBS News. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:32:59 -0500.
- Audit: LSU accidentally overpaid Kelly $1M in '22
A Louisiana Legislative Auditor's report says LSU accidentally overpaid Tigers football coach Brian Kelly by $1 million during the first year of a 10-year, $100 million contract.
ESPN. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 12:54:13 EST.
- Sen. Kennedy stumps Biden nominee with basic questions about the Constitution
Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy grilled four Biden judicial nominees on the Constitution during a confirmation hearing Wednesday and one could not answer his questions.
Chris Pandolfo. Fox News. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:39:34 GMT.
- Dow to cut 2,000 jobs as part of $1B cost-savings plan
In Texas, Dow's presence includes several Houston-area locations, two farther south in Victoria and Port Lavaca, and one near the Louisiana border in Orange.
Olivia Pulsinelli. American City Business Journals. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:51:23 +0000.
- Louisiana man sentenced to 45 years for trying to kill and dismember gay men
Chance Seneca used the popular dating app Grindr to target victims, officials said.
CBS News. Wed, 25 Jan 2023 19:30:00 -0500.
- Zion to miss at least 2 weeks as rehab continues
New Orleans' Zion Williamson continues to rehab his right hamstring and will be re-evaluated in two weeks. Brandon Ingram could return as soon as Wednesday.
ESPN. Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:39:52 EST.
- 4 arrested in alleged rape of college student later fatally struck by car: Police
A Louisiana State University student who died after she was hit by a car while on her way home from a bar was allegedly raped before the fatal crash, authorities said.
ABC News. Tue, 24 Jan 2023 19:09:50 -0500.
- 15 Million Across the South Are at Risk for Severe Weather on Tuesday
Forecasters are warning of strong storms and the threat of tornadoes from Houston to New Orleans.
Judson Jones. New York Times. Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:30:18 +0000.
- Elevance Health To Buy Louisiana Blue Cross Plan
Elevance Health will buy Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, adding to its family of Anthem Blue Cross plans in 14 other states.
By Bruce Japsen, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:05:04 -0500.
- High School Cafeteria Worker Arrested After Disturbing Discovery in the Food She Was Selling, Police Say
A Louisiana woman has been arrested after police said she was selling food laced with marijuana while working in a school cafeteria. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Mon, 23 Jan 2023 18:05:34 +0000.
- 12 people injured in shooting at Louisiana nightclub
One of the victims is in critical condition, police said. No arrests have been made, but police believe the early morning attack was "targeted."
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 23 Jan 2023 00:19:00 GMT.
Louisiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Louisiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,681,666||0.27|
|July 1, 2015||4,668,960||0.45|
|July 1, 2014||4,647,880||0.46|
|July 1, 2013||4,626,402||0.50|
|July 1, 2012||4,603,429||0.61|
|July 1, 2011||4,575,404||0.67|
|July 1, 2010||4,544,996|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Louisiana was 4,533,372.
In 2008, the estimated population of Louisiana was 4,410,796, whereas
in 2006, the population of Louisiana was about 4,243,634.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Louisiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Louisiana
web page. For maps of Louisiana,
visit this Louisiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Louisiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Lousiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Louisiana