Aggregated Colorado News Articles
- Hiker takes on mountain lion, and wins
Travis Kauffman was hiking in Colorado when he came toe-to-toe with a young mountain lion.
BBC News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:49:46 GMT.
- Bones found in Colorado construction site said to belong to Native American man from 1,000 years ago
The Aurora Police Department received a call on Wednesday, telling them that the bones (stock inset) had been found at East Smoky Hill Parkway and South Powhaton Road (main).
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:13:43 GMT.
- "El Chapo" will join these notorious prisoners at the "Alcatraz of the Rockies"
Boston Marathon bomber, the "Unabomber" and the man behind "the worst intelligence disaster in U.S. history" are all housed at the "Supermax" Colorado facility
CBS News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:58:45 +0000.
- United Airlines: Three new routes for fast-growing Denver hub
United Airlines will add three new domestic routes at its Denver hub, all of which will go head-to-head against budget rival Frontier Airlines.
Yahoo. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:17:50 -0500.
- WATCH: Trail runner describes near-deadly mountain lion attack
Travis Kauffman, 31, said he stepped on the cougar's neck to asphyxiate it after encountering the animal on a trail in Colorado.
ABC News. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:52:32 -0500.
- Executive Voice: Architect William Moon is a creative problem solver
Tryba Architects' managing principal shares his approach to design in Denver.
Kelcey Mcclung. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:45:00 +0000.
- Anadarko strikes oil deal with Colorado town eyeing huge urban renewal opportunity
Oil wells, 1,200 acres and a town's economic future intersect.
Greg Avery. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:50:53 +0000.
- Colorado man who strangled mountain lion describes life-or-death struggle
A 31-year-old man who fended off and suffocated a mountain lion when it attacked him on a Colorado jogging trail last week described on Thursday how he killed the big cat by stepping on its throat during a life-and-death struggle.
Reuters. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:08:21 -0500.
- Colorado man recalls surviving mountain lion attack
Travis Kauffman said he was alone on a run when he encountered a mountain lion earlier this month
CBS News. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:11:09 +0000.
- WATCH: Survivor of mountain lion attack describes his experience for the first time
Travis Kauffman, 31, was jogging on Horsetooth Mountain in Larimer County, Colorado, on Feb. 4 when he was attacked by a juvenile mountain lion.
ABC News. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:34:01 -0500.
- The Latest: Mountain lion locked its jaws on runner's wrist
The Latest on a Colorado mountain lion attack (all times local): 2:45 p.m.
Fox News. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:23:56 GMT.
- Williams, Eyeing NGL Expansion, Still Focused on Natural Gas Growth
Even as it revealed plans for a new natural gas liquids expansion aimed at tapping supply from the Rockies and Denver Julesburg-Niobrara, The Williams Companies Inc. ...
Natural Gas Intel. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:03:00 -0500.
- Mountain Lion-Killing Colorado Man Speaks For First Time [WATCH]
How he did it: Travis Kauffman, 31, a Fort Collins trail runner who killed an attacking juvenile cougar with his bare hands shares his tale.
Jean Lotus. Patch. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:45:06 -0500.
- The Halcyon's "Dior In The Details" Package Caters To Luxury Fashion Traveler
Get the scoop on the new Dior exhibit at the Denver Art Museum and its special celebratory package at The Halcyon, a hotel in Cherry Creek.
By Caroline Tell, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:35:00 -0500.
Colorado Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Colorado as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,540,545||1.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,448,819||1.85|
|July 1, 2014||5,349,648||1.56|
|July 1, 2013||5,267,603||1.50|
|July 1, 2012||5,189,867||1.40|
|July 1, 2011||5,118,360||1.38|
|July 1, 2010||5,048,644|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Colorado was 5,029,196.
In 2008, the estimated population of Colorado was 4,939,456, whereas
in 2006, the population of Colorado was about 4,751,474.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Colorado's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Colorado
web page. For maps of Colorado,
visit this Colorado Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Denver, Colorado.
Colorado newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Colorado
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Colorado