Aggregated Colorado News Articles
- Deion Sanders to Colorado: Expectations and challenges
Sanders, a Pro Football Hall of Famer who found quick success at FCS Jackson State, must now prove he can win in the Power 5.
ESPN. Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:05:21 EST.
- Deion Sanders Leaves Jackson State for Colorado
The charismatic former N.F.L. star known as Prime Time turned around the program at Jackson State over three seasons and would be expected to do the same for the Buffaloes.
Alan Blinder. New York Times. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 21:57:28 +0000.
- Supreme Court again confronts case pitting free speech against LGBTQ rights
The court is hearing oral arguments in the case from Lorie Smith five years after hearing the case brought by Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who refused to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding.
CBS News. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 15:45:50 -0500.
- Colorado names Deion Sanders as head coach
Colorado named Deion Sanders as its next head coach after the Hall of Famer led Jackson State to back-to-back SWAC titles.
ESPN. Sun, 4 Dec 2022 13:25:03 EST.
- A New Clash Between Faith and Gay Rights Arrives at a Changed Supreme Court
A Colorado graphic designer says she has a First Amendment right to refuse to create websites for same-sex weddings despite a state anti-discrimination law.
Adam Liptak. New York Times. Sun, 04 Dec 2022 17:20:41 +0000.
- Boebert Takes to House Floor to Roast Pelosi: 'The American People Have Spoken - They Have Fired You'
U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado delivered a ‘Good bye and good riddance’ to outgoing Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday. ...
Randy Desoto. Western Journal. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 13:52:52 +0000.
- Colorado canal study finds benefits outweighing the $600 million price tag
'It's just political garbage,' others question some of the findings
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 03 Dec 2022 04:37:00 GMT.
- Lauren Boebert's race will have a RECOUNT - even though Democrat conceded to Republican firebrand
The Colorado Secretary of State has ordered a recount of Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert's congressional race - even though the Democratic candidate has conceded defeat.
Daily Mail. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:03:05 GMT.
- Colorado's famed Frozen Dead Guy Days will move to Estes Park in 2023
After organizers announced that the famed Colorado festival was canceled, the owner of the Stanley Hotel and Visit Estes Park stepped in to save it.
9news. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:02:40 +0000.
- Denver CEO named sole finalist for CSU president
The sole finalist is a former executive leader at CSU and, most recently, the founding CEO of an international e-commerce brand.
Angela Ufheil. American City Business Journals. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 22:13:48 +0000.
- Brad William Henke, football player turned 'Orange Is the New Black' star, dies at 56
Brad William Henke, who played for the Denver Broncos before transitioning to acting, died Tuesday at age 56.
Nardine Saad. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 2 Dec 2022 20:08:11 GMT.
- Brad William Henke, actor known for "Orange is the New Black," dies at 56
Henke was a professional football player prior to becoming an actor, playing for the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV.
CBS News. Fri, 02 Dec 2022 01:07:00 -0500.
- Colorado GOP calls on Boebert challenger to withdraw from race, save taxpayers money on recount effort
The Colorado GOP called on Democrat Adam Frisch, who conceded his House race to Rep. Lauren Boebert, to back out of the state's mandatory recount.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Thu, 01 Dec 2022 23:25:01 GMT.
- Denver-area certificates of deposit are yielding 'unheard of' rates, Colorado bankers say
Colorado Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Colorado as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,540,545||1.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,448,819||1.85|
|July 1, 2014||5,349,648||1.56|
|July 1, 2013||5,267,603||1.50|
|July 1, 2012||5,189,867||1.40|
|July 1, 2011||5,118,360||1.38|
|July 1, 2010||5,048,644|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Colorado was 5,029,196.
In 2008, the estimated population of Colorado was 4,939,456, whereas
in 2006, the population of Colorado was about 4,751,474.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Colorado's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Colorado
web page. For maps of Colorado,
visit this Colorado Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Denver, Colorado.
Colorado newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Colorado
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Colorado