Aggregated Colorado News Articles
- Why Do So Many Colorado Students Struggle To Read?
Flawed curriculum is part of the problem.
Chalkbeat. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:52:10 -0400.
- CO Emergency Child Care Expands To Include Grocery, Construction Workers
Tens of thousands of Colorado workers, including those holding grocery, food processing, and construction jobs, will now qualify.
Chalkbeat. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 22:42:37 -0400.
- Colorado: Latest updates on coronavirus
Colorado has 2,627 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 414 of those individuals hospitalized.
Live Science. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:18:32 +0000.
- What Colorado employment lawyers are telling their clients about COVID-19
"The confluence of federal, state and municipal stay-at-home orders with new paid sick and child-care leave requirements mandated under federal law are creating a perfect storm for employers."
Monica Vendituoli. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:49:50 +0000.
- Colorado oil company draws $650M in credit to ensure it has money for operations
The Denver company locks in cash for payroll and vendors, but its debt looms.
Greg Avery. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:03:23 +0000.
- Why coronavirus antibody testing in one town could provide a way forward
Testing going on in the Colorado ski town could allow lifting of restrictions.
ABC News. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:57:05 -0400.
- Coronavirus drives army command teams into infamous Cheyenne mountain bunker
Military teams that monitor foreign missile and warplane threats to the United States are isolated at a number of military sites, including Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado.
Daily Mail. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 20:47:48 GMT.
- Colorado shelter sees every animal get adopted during COVID-19 outbreak
A Colorado animal shelter twice emptied out its cages this week, finding cats and dogs new homes as residents hunker down and practice social isolation amid the global coronavirus pandemic.
Michael Ruiz. Fox News. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 22:33:48 GMT.
- Retired Doctors Return To Work For COVID-19
Governors in numerous states like Colorado, Illinois, North Dakota and New York are counting on retired (or soon-to-be retired) health care professionals to rejoin or stay with the workforce to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
By Chris Farrell, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:05:49 +0000.
- Another person dies looking for famous treasure in Rocky Mountains
2 snowmobile riders set out from the Denver area March 17 to search for Forrest Fenn's treasure.
CBS News. Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:08:51 -0400.
- 2021 Chevy Colorado will be more expensive, but for a good reason - Roadshow
Chevy will discontinue the base model that basically no one bought anyway.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:33:00 +0000.
- Revisiting Ten Preseason Predictions For The 2019-20 Denver Nuggets
With the ongoing suspension of the NBA season, it's time to check in on ten preseason predictions for the Denver Nuggets in 2019-20.
By Joel Rush, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 17:36:03 +0000.
- Cory Gardner to self-quarantine after exposure to constituent who tested positive for COVID-19
Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado will self-quarantine "out of an abundance of caution" after contacting a constituent who tested positive for COVID-19. Mr. ...
David Sherfinski. Washington Times. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 07:29:12 -0400.
- Trump cancels trips, campaign event amid coronavirus outbreak
The president was set to attend a fundraiser in Colorado and speak at a conference hosted by the Republican Jewish Coalition.
CBS News. Sun, 15 Mar 2020 03:07:07 -0400.
Colorado Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Colorado as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,540,545||1.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,448,819||1.85|
|July 1, 2014||5,349,648||1.56|
|July 1, 2013||5,267,603||1.50|
|July 1, 2012||5,189,867||1.40|
|July 1, 2011||5,118,360||1.38|
|July 1, 2010||5,048,644|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Colorado was 5,029,196.
In 2008, the estimated population of Colorado was 4,939,456, whereas
in 2006, the population of Colorado was about 4,751,474.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Colorado's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Colorado
web page. For maps of Colorado,
visit this Colorado Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Denver, Colorado.
Colorado newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Colorado
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Colorado