Aggregated Colorado News Articles
- Ringing up baby: How a longtime Colorado video streaming company is using its tech to save preemies
The Golden-based company is partnering with a Singapore startup to provide telemedicine to those who need it most.
Jensen Werley. American City Business Journals. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 22:08:46 +0000.
- Texas-Colorado effort aims to break U.S. dependence on China for key rare-earth minerals
The $350 million project, if the pilot in Colorado succeeds, could eventually produce 2,300 tons of rare-earth oxides annually.
Greg Avery. American City Business Journals. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 21:00:05 +0000.
- The Who, Colorado Avalanche & More Top Events Near Denver Area
The Stadium Tour, The Lion King and more will soon be at a venue near you.
Ticketnetwork News. Patch. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:40:34 -0500.
- Family, Friends Offering Vaping Supplies Causing Hospitalization
See the most current vaping-related illness cases in Colorado.
Amber Fisher. Patch. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:56:48 -0500.
- Impeachment Manager Jason Crow Not A Usual Suspect For Job
Freshman Colorado Democrat Jason Crow did not vote for Nancy Pelosi to be speaker of the House. She chose him anyway for the House impeachment management team.
David Welna. NPR. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 18:31:54 -0500.
- Cats WILL eat a dead human, experts find after observing two felines munch on remains
While studying how human bodies decompose, experts saw two cats eat corpses left outside Colorado Mesa University's Forensic Investigation Research Station.
Daily Mail. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 21:36:37 GMT.
- Should The Denver Nuggets Trade Gary Harris?
Gary Harris has underperformed this year for the Denver Nuggets, which could leave the franchise to explore trade scenarios before the NBA trade deadline.
By Morten Jensen, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 01:08:20 +0000.
- Denver Nuggets Following Similar Arc To Last Season As Offense Surges While Defense Slides
The Nuggets' rising offense and sliding defense mirrors last season's arc. To make a deep playoff run, they need to figure out how to bring it all together.
By Joel Rush, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 18:38:58 +0000.
- Man arrested after 8 stabbed in Colorado Springs, police say
A man was arrested after allegedly stabbing eight people in and around downtown Colorado Springs early Monday morning, police said.
ABC News. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 12:58:55 -0500.
- Story, Rockies $750K apart; Gray gets $5.6 million
DENVER (AP) - All-Star shortstop Trevor Story asked for $11.5 million and the Colorado Rockies offered him $10.75 million when players and teams exchanged proposed salaries in salary arbitration Friday. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 10 Jan 2020 23:52:09 -0500.
- Bernie Sanders defends climate protesters arrested for disrupting Colorado governor's speech
Sen. Bernard Sanders on Friday defended climate protesters charged with disrupting Colorado Gov. ...
Valerie Richardson. Washington Times. Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:24:13 -0500.
- Mystery drone investigation intensifies after close encounter with medical helicopter
The string of mysterious drone sightings in Colorado continues as an emergency helicopter reports it was almost hit by one.
ABC News. Fri, 10 Jan 2020 18:12:15 -0500.
- Colorado Carbon Capture Project on Drawing Board
The viability of capturing and storing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from a Colorado cement plant is being studied by a group of U.S. and foreign corporations.
Natural Gas Intel. Wed, 08 Jan 2020 15:57:00 -0500.
- Occidental starting widespread layoffs in Houston and beyond
The company is initiating a broad layoff effort this week from Houston to Denver as the Permian Basin's leading oil producer aims to cut costs in the aftermath of its massive $38 billion acquisition of Anadarko Petroleum.
Jordan Blum, Houston Chronicle. Houston Chronicle. Wed, 8 Jan 2020 19:53:09 UTC.
Colorado Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Colorado as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,540,545||1.68|
|July 1, 2015||5,448,819||1.85|
|July 1, 2014||5,349,648||1.56|
|July 1, 2013||5,267,603||1.50|
|July 1, 2012||5,189,867||1.40|
|July 1, 2011||5,118,360||1.38|
|July 1, 2010||5,048,644|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Colorado was 5,029,196.
In 2008, the estimated population of Colorado was 4,939,456, whereas
in 2006, the population of Colorado was about 4,751,474.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Colorado's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Colorado
web page. For maps of Colorado,
visit this Colorado Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Denver, Colorado.
Colorado newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Colorado
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Colorado