Aggregated Massachusetts News Articles
- The Celtics have been the one constant in LeBron's career
LeBron James' story can't be told without the Boston Celtics and his personal rivalry with the storied franchise
ESPN. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 10:03:20 EST.
- Boston Properties (BXP) to Post Q4 Earnings: What's in Store?
Despite declining office-space demand, Boston Properties' (BXP) Q4 earnings are likely to have benefited from the healthy demand for its flight-to-quality office properties and life-science assets.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 13:24:00 GMT.
- Form D Friday: Plant-based chefs, keto bar makers attract more green
Form D Friday is a Boston Business Journal feature highlighting regulatory filings from Boston-area companies raising capital for new projects or expanding their businesses.
Lucia Maffei. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:31:10 +0000.
- Here's what business owners want to see from Boston's new 'late-night czar'
The city has hired someone to the new role overseeing nightlife. We spoke to business owners about the importance of the job and what they want to see the czar tackle.
Hannah Green. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:27:10 +0000.
- Microsoft and ArcelorMittal back MIT spinout trying to green the $1.6 trillion steel industry
Boston Metal just scored a $120 million round.
CNBC. Fri, 27 Jan 2023 05:01:01 GMT.
- NYC and east coast record the lowest snowfall in 50 years
New York City is on track to break its late-season snowfall record of January 29. Other I-95 cities like Philadelphia and Boston have also seen minimal or no snow.
Daily Mail. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:14:32 GMT.
- Mother who attempted suicide accused of killing 2 children, injuring infant
A Massachusetts woman is facing charges in the deaths of her two young children and the injury of her baby.
ABC News. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:51:55 -0500.
- Debating big questions on the Bruins: Team MVP, toughest challenger, trades to make
Boston is winning at an historic pace this season. Who do our experts think is most responsible? Which Eastern team can beat them in the playoffs? Who could join them for the final stretch?
ESPN. Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:03:35 EST.
- 2 children dead, 8-month-old found unconscious in Massachusetts home, DA says
First responders rushed to the home in Duxbury, Massachusetts, just a receiving a 911 call from a male resident.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 25 Jan 2023 04:45:00 GMT.
- Justin Turner wanted to re-sign with Dodgers before the plan quickly changed
Justin Turner is excited to be part of the Boston Red Sox, but the former Dodgers third baseman always will cherish what he accomplished in L.A.
Jack Harris. Los Angeles Times. Sun, 22 Jan 2023 23:56:33 GMT.
- Adult child of top House Democrat charged with assaulting officer during protest
The adult child of House Minority Whip Katherine Clark, Massachusetts Democrat, was arrested during protests Saturday night in Boston and charged with assaulting a police officer and other crimes.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Sun, 22 Jan 2023 18:39:00 -0500.
- New Multi-Drug Resistant Gonorrhea Detected In U.S., 2 Cases In Massachusetts
These were the first cases in the U.S. of Neisseria gonorrhoeae being resistant to six of seven types of antibiotics.
By Bruce Y. Lee, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 22 Jan 2023 12:25:39 -0500.
- Puncture of Critical EV Part Triggers 'Thermal Runaway' - 20,000 Gallons of Water Needed to Bring It Under Control
The Wakefield Fire Department and Massachusetts State Police responded to a one-car accident on Interstate 95 in Wakefield on Thursday night. ...
Elizabeth Stauffer. Western Journal. Sat, 21 Jan 2023 23:37:23 +0000.
- Sabotage? Hours Before NFL Playoff Game, One Team Notices Something Wrong with Their Showers
Few things in sports are better than an honest-to-goodness rivalry. There’s a reason why sports fans who don’t watch baseball can admire the Boston Red Sox-New York Yankees rivalry. ...
Bryan Chai. Western Journal. Sat, 21 Jan 2023 20:46:27 +0000.
Massachusetts Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Massachusetts as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,811,779||0.41|
|July 1, 2015||6,784,240||0.51|
|July 1, 2014||6,749,911||0.64|
|July 1, 2013||6,706,786||0.73|
|July 1, 2012||6,658,008||0.70|
|July 1, 2011||6,611,923||0.71|
|July 1, 2010||6,565,524|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Massachusetts was 6,547,629.
In 2008, the estimated population of Massachusetts was 6,497,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Massachusetts was about 6,443,424.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Massachusetts' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Massachusetts
web page. For maps of Massachusetts,
visit this Massachusetts Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Boston, Massachusetts.
Massachusetts newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Massachusetts
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Massachusetts