Aggregated Massachusetts News Articles
- New proposal for income-based parking ticket fines in Boston
Councilor Julia Mejia introduced legislation to help low-income families with an idea for income-adjusted parking violations.
ABC News. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:18:33 -0500.
- How Elite Runners Train For The Olympics And Boston Marathon
Q&A with the organizer of John Hancock's Elite Athlete team.
By Andy Frye, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 14:48:29 +0000.
- Mom and her daughter, 15, are brutally attacked by man shouting 'this is America'
The incident which took place in east Boston on Saturday, February 15 is being investigated as a possible hate crime.
Daily Mail. Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:58:49 GMT.
- Yasiel Puig Waits For A Contract While The Boston Red Sox And St. Louis Cardinals Can Benefit From His Bat
Yasiel Puig remains unsigned while there are contending clubs like Boston and St. Louis that could use his bat.
By Bernie Pleskoff, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 19:50:09 +0000.
- Study: Medications significantly reduce mortality rates for people struggling with opioid addiction in year after detox
The new study from Boston Medical Center researchers focused on the 12 months after individuals were discharged from inpatient treatment for opioid use disorder.
Dialynn Dwyer. Boston Globe. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:53:40 +0000.
- Bernie Sanders is coming to Massachusetts on the eve of the South Carolina primary
The Vermont senator will hold his first Bay State rally ahead of its Super Tuesday election.
Nik Decosta-klipa. Boston Globe. Tue, 25 Feb 2020 14:05:54 +0000.
- Fidelity Investments' diversity focus a boon to its talent pipeline
The Boston-based company opened a Jacksonville presence in 2006 and now has more than 1,300 First Coast employees.
Will Robinson. American City Business Journals. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 18:28:28 +0000.
- Boston buyer acquires large multi-tenant industrial park near Port Houston
The East Belt Business Park, three miles from Port Houston, has been more than 90 percent leased since its completion.
Katherine Feser. Houston Chronicle. Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:00:00 UTC.
- WSJ: US Alarmed of Chinese Military Researching in US
The case of a Chinese military lieutenant coming to Boston University to conduct research is raising red flags on China using American universities to spy on the U.S., despite Beijing's denials, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Newsmax. Sun, 23 Feb 2020 17:03:38 EDT.
- Last smokestack demolished at former coal-fired power plant
SOMERSET, Mass. (AP) - The single remaining smokestack at Massachusetts' last coal-fired power plant has been demolished. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 22 Feb 2020 15:52:10 -0500.
- Biotech company employee gets prison in securities scheme
BOSTON (AP) - An employee of a Boston-based biotech company became the second person to be sentenced in a scheme officials say was designed to manipulate the company's stock prices and defraud investors. M. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:56:29 -0500.
- Boston harbor brings ashore a new enemy: Rising seas
Facing climate change the city must gird itself for an era of rising seas or be inundated.
Steven Mufson. Seattle Times. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:00:32 -0800.
- Boston Beer founder Jim Koch defends hard seltzer investment after disappointing earnings report
"We really don't know how far is up" for hard seltzer, Boston Beer Company founder Jim Koch told CNBC.
CNBC. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 23:02:58 GMT.
- Warren discusses fiery Nevada debate, Bloomberg criticism on The View
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren comes on The View on the heels of fiery debate performance
ABC News. Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:04:53 -0500.
Massachusetts Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Massachusetts as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,811,779||0.41|
|July 1, 2015||6,784,240||0.51|
|July 1, 2014||6,749,911||0.64|
|July 1, 2013||6,706,786||0.73|
|July 1, 2012||6,658,008||0.70|
|July 1, 2011||6,611,923||0.71|
|July 1, 2010||6,565,524|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Massachusetts was 6,547,629.
In 2008, the estimated population of Massachusetts was 6,497,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Massachusetts was about 6,443,424.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Massachusetts' demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Massachusetts
web page. For maps of Massachusetts,
visit this Massachusetts Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Boston, Massachusetts.
Massachusetts newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Massachusetts
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Massachusetts