Aggregated New Jersey News Articles
- David Blaine will attempt to fly through the air holding balloons from New Jersey to New York
David Blaine will attempt to fly through the air holding balloons from New Jersey to New York for his first death-defying stunt in nearly a decade.
Daily Mail. Thu, 13 Aug 2020 02:58:05 +0100.
- New Jersey's Atilis Gym, which reopened against COVID-19 emergency orders, loses business license
The 5-1 vote by the Bellmawr Borough Council came nine days after the owners of Atilis Gym kicked in a plywood barrier installed by authorities.
Yahoo. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:46:25 -0400.
- New Jersey Gives Schools an All-Remote Option
The decision comes as the teachers union, a close ally of Gov. Philip D. Murphy, had publicly raised concerns about the safety of holding in-person classes.
Tracey Tully. New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 23:21:15 +0000.
- In-person learning "impossible" for Elizabeth, New Jersey, school district says
As schools nationwide struggle to finalize reopening plans, some have had to abruptly change those plans due to coronavirus outbreaks. Meg Oliver reports from Elizabeth, New Jersey, home to one of the state's largest school districts. ...
CBS News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:44:21 -0400.
- New Jersey State Police rescue 65-year-old driver trapped during flash flood, bodycam video shows
New Jersey State Police came to the rescue of a driver trapped inside his car during a flash flood over the weekend.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:54:14 GMT.
- New Jersey Schools Are Expected to Offer All-Remote Option
The plan comes as the teachers union, a close ally of Gov. Philip D. Murphy, had publicly raised concerns about the safety of holding in-person classes.
Tracey Tully. New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 15:21:18 +0000.
- School district nixes in-person learning after 400 teachers opt out
More than 400 teachers in New Jersey's Elizabeth School District have already opted out of in-person classes over health concerns.
CBS News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:30:37 -0400.
- NJ priest kicks 7-year-old boy with autism out of church for being 'distraction'
A New Jersey mom is upset after her son, who has autism and is nonverbal, was kicked out of a Catholic church by a priest for being a "distraction" during a private baptism ceremony.
Caleb Parke. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 19:32:33 GMT.
- Travelers From 32 States, Virgin Islands Must Self-Quarantine After Coming To The Tri-State Area
New York, New Jersey and Connecticut officials hope the quarantine will stave off a possible second wave.
By Elana Lyn Gross, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:55:00 -0400.
- Once dangerous intersection now serves fresh produce in Paterson, New Jersey
A community came together to open an oasis of fresh produce for residents in Paterson where it can be tough for some to come by good grocery stores with fresh fruits and vegetables.
Ccg. ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:17:08 +0000.
- Nearly 200,000 Households Still Without Power A Week After Isaias As Tri-State Governors Probe Utility Companies
Tropical storm Isaias knocked out power for over 2 million New York, New Jersey and Connecticut customers a week ago.
By Jemima Mcevoy, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:37:06 -0400.
- New Jersey photographer turns photos of shelter dogs into digital art to promote adoption
When Jennifer Polito-Mount decided to composite a digital portrait of her dogs, she didn't think much of it until she posted it on her Facebook page. ...
Ccg. ABC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:14:03 +0000.
- King of Prussia Mall owner's reported talks with Amazon could have major implications in Philadelphia area
Mall owner Simon Property Group, with 11 locations in Pennsylvania and 13 in New Jersey, is reportedly in talks with Amazon to convert department store space into distribution centers.
Ashley Gurbal Kritzer. American City Business Journals. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:05:35 +0000.
- Power restoration from Isaias nearing end in New Jersey
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Efforts to restore electricity in New Jersey were nearing completion Monday, nearly a week after Tropical Storm Isaias tore through the state. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 05:45:21 -0400.
New Jersey Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of New Jersey as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,944,469||0.10|
|July 1, 2015||8,935,421||0.12|
|July 1, 2014||8,925,001||0.29|
|July 1, 2013||8,899,162||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||8,873,211||0.36|
|July 1, 2011||8,841,243||0.43|
|July 1, 2010||8,803,729|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of New Jersey was 8,791,894.
In 2008, the estimated population of New Jersey was 8,682,661, whereas
in 2006, the population of New Jersey was about 8,640,218.
For detailed, up-to-date information about New Jersey's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about New Jersey
web page. For maps of New Jersey,
visit this New Jersey Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Trenton, New Jersey.
New Jersey newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
New Jersey library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about New Jersey
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in New Jersey