Aggregated Pennsylvania News Articles
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf on George Floyd protests: Rallies 'absolutely called for,' violence is not
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf reacted Monday to both the violent and nonviolent protests that occurred across the Commonwealth in the wake of George Floyd's death.
Charles Creitz. Fox News. Tue, 02 Jun 2020 00:11:52 GMT.
- Center City business group: 'How do we address the bigger issues of our city?'
"We're committed as ever to doing whatever we need to do to build the Philadelphia business community and overcome the challenges that lie ahead, which are going to be substantial."
Ryan Sharrow. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 22:04:43 +0000.
- Protester gives state troopers water during demonstration in Pittsburgh
A protester in Pittsburgh's East Liberty neighborhood brought a case of water to Pennsylvania State Troopers, thanking them.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:37:00 GMT.
- With more than 600 PPP lenders in Pennsylvania, here's why latest addition is crucial
Efforts continue to steer money to smallest businesses as program wins down.
Patty Tascarella. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 18:35:35 +0000.
- Eagles' DeSean Jackson thinks NFL should mic up players if fans cannot attend games
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson had an idea to give fans a treat at home if they cannot get to the stadium this season because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 12:46:05 GMT.
- Video Appears To Show Looters Robbing Looters In Philadelphia
Two looters spot another man holding something that looks even more enticing
Marlo Safi. Daily Caller. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 02:04:14 +0000.
- George Floyd death: Protesters destroy rows of police cars, 'complete anarchy' in Philadelphia
Footage released on social media shows violent protesters in Philadelphia destroying rows of police cars and taking what they can out of them, in what's been described as "complete anarchy".Several videos show police vehicles ...
New Zealand Herald. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 09:21:16 +1200.
- George Floyd death: Lawyer calls it 'premeditated murder'
Violence erupts in Philadelphia as protests continue over the death of a black man in custody.
BBC News. Sun, 31 May 2020 21:11:56 GMT.
- Violence erupts in Philadelphia
Violence erupts in Philadelphia as nationwide protests continue in response to the death of George Floyd.
Yahoo. Sun, 31 May 2020 16:54:12 -0400.
- Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw speaks to the violence in the city following Saturday's protest
Philadelphia police report that more than 100 people have been arrested after a peaceful protest over the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis last week gave way to violence, looting, and vandalism Saturday
Yahoo. Sun, 31 May 2020 13:17:08 -0400.
- Protests turn violent in Chicago as George Floyd demonstrations erupt across the nation
Crowds of thousands gathered in the Harlem section of Manhattan, Philadelphia, Chicago and at least 35 other cities on Saturday afternoon, chanting slogans and listening to speeches.
Daily Mail. Sun, 31 May 2020 14:05:25 GMT.
- U.S. college towns on edge as coronavirus threatens football season
In 2019, Dante Lucchesi and his Champs Sports Grill in State College, Pennsylvania, were on a roll.
Reuters. Sat, 30 May 2020 17:41:52 -0400.
- White House placed on lockdown, CNN headquarters vandalized during protest
The White House was placed on a brief lockdown as protesters began flooding the streets near Pennsylvania Ave.
ABC News. Sat, 30 May 2020 02:14:37 +0000.
- Sale of shut Philly refinery to real estate developer delayed
The closing of a $252 million sale of the Philadelphia Energy Solutions (PES) oil refinery to a Chicago-based real estate developer has been delayed, a city official and source with knowledge of the agreement said on Friday.
Reuters. Fri, 29 May 2020 20:57:58 -0400.
- Bob Casey tests positive for COVID-19 antibodies
Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania said Friday he tested positive for antibodies to the coronavirus and will donate his blood plasma in a bid to help those who develop a severe case. Mr. ...
Tom Howell Jr.. Washington Times. Fri, 29 May 2020 11:12:07 -0400.
Pennsylvania Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Pennsylvania as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,784,227||-0.06|
|July 1, 2015||12,791,904||0.01|
|July 1, 2014||12,790,565||0.07|
|July 1, 2013||12,781,338||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,771,854||0.22|
|July 1, 2011||12,744,293||0.25|
|July 1, 2010||12,712,343|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Pennsylvania was 12,702,379.
In 2008, the estimated population of Pennsylvania was 12,448,279, whereas
in 2006, the population of Pennsylvania was about 12,388,055.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Pennsylvania's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Pennsylvania
web page. For maps of Pennsylvania,
visit this Pennsylvania Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Pennsylvania
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Pennsylvania