Aggregated Pennsylvania News Articles
- Oakland A's Boom and Bust Their Way to First Place
The franchise has swung from unbeatable to unwatchable ever since its Philadelphia days. The 2021 team has been both in the first three weeks of the season.
Tyler Kepner. New York Times. Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:12:29 +0000.
- Human remains believed to be those of missing Amish teen, district attorney says
A district attorney said that human remains found in Pennsylvania are believed to be those of Linda Stoltzfoos, an Amish girl who disappeared more than 10 months ago.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 23:01:00 GMT.
- Nails found scattered on road in path of Pennsylvania emergency vehicles
Police believe the nails were intentionally dumped at the entrance to a municipal building.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 22:26:00 GMT.
- Evans denied Baddoo, Pirates beat Tigers 4-2 with 2-run 8th
Phillip Evans kept Akil Baddoo's drive to left field in the park in the seventh inning to help Pittsburgh escape a jam, and the Pirates scored twice in the eighth to beat the Detroit Tigers 4-2 on Thursday.
Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 21:05:22 GMT.
- Behind the deal: Why a $1.35B Towson group joined Janney Montgomery Scott
The Philadelphia-based firm has been increasing its presence in the region the last few years and plans to continue picking up the pace.
Holden Wilen. American City Business Journals. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:45:56 +0000.
- These are Greater Philadelphia's Best Real Estate Deals and Dealmakers of 2020
Dealmakers got the deals done, despite a difficult year.
Ryan Sharrow. American City Business Journals. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:00:34 +0000.
- Dealing With Record-High Murder Rates, Philadelphia Struggling To Recruit Police Officers
Understaffed by hundreds of officers
Jordan Lancaster. Daily Caller. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:36:10 +0000.
- Undecided Pa. voters react to first Clinton-Trump debate
A group of voters from the battleground state of Pennsylvania is telling us volumes about the first presidential debate. ...
CBS News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 09:54:20 -0400.
- Paul, Booker lead Suns past undermanned 76ers, 116-113
Chris Paul scored 28 points, Devin Booker had 19 and Mikal Bridges 18 to lead the Phoenix Suns to a 116-113 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night.
Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 02:01:46 GMT.
- Human remains found in search for missing Amish teen, prosecutors say
Investigators have found human remains in a rural Pennsylvania area during the search for an Amish teenager who has been missing for 10 months, authorities said.
ABC News. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:15:09 -0400.
- Shooting spree near Wawa store in Lehigh Valley leaves 1 victim dead, 1 wounded; gunman also dead
Two people are dead, including the suspected gunman, after multiple shooting incidents in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley.
Corey Davis. ABC News. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:36:38 +0000.
- Manhattan DA to stop prosecuting prostitution and dismisses nearly 6,000 prostitution-related cases
Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. said his office will no longer prosecute prostitution in Manhattan, joining Queens, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Baltimore.
Daily Mail. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:01:31 GMT.
- Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Draft Preview: Reigning AFC North Champions Need Immediate Help
Coming off a late-season collapse, the Pittsburgh Steelers will look for help at running back, edge rusher, tight end and offensive tackle in this year's NFL draft.
By John Perrotto, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 08:00:00 -0400.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Decide To Triple Down On Mike Tomlin
The Pittsburgh Steelers signed coach Mike Tomlin to a three-year contract extension Tuesday that runs through the 2025 season despie losing of their last six games last season.
By John Perrotto, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:00:34 -0400.
- Heart recipient walks donor's daughter down the aisle
For a bride whose father died 10 years ago, he was at her Pittsburgh wedding in more than spirit this weekend. His heart beats inside Arthur Thomas who walked Jeni Stepien down the aisle. ...
CBS News. Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:06:11 -0400.
Pennsylvania Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Pennsylvania as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,784,227||-0.06|
|July 1, 2015||12,791,904||0.01|
|July 1, 2014||12,790,565||0.07|
|July 1, 2013||12,781,338||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,771,854||0.22|
|July 1, 2011||12,744,293||0.25|
|July 1, 2010||12,712,343|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Pennsylvania was 12,702,379.
In 2008, the estimated population of Pennsylvania was 12,448,279, whereas
in 2006, the population of Pennsylvania was about 12,388,055.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Pennsylvania's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Pennsylvania
web page. For maps of Pennsylvania,
visit this Pennsylvania Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Pennsylvania
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Pennsylvania