Aggregated Pennsylvania News Articles
- Shooting in Pennsylvania kills 3, including 2 children
An 8-year-old boy, a 9-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man died after a shooting outside a home in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. A fourth person was injured.
CBS News. Wed, 31 May 2023 14:45:22 -0400.
- Teenager and Two Children Fatally Shot in Pennsylvania
A 33-year-old man was also injured in the shooting outside of a house in Lebanon, Pa., about 80 miles northwest of Philadelphia, the police said.
Michael Levenson. New York Times. Wed, 31 May 2023 18:19:21 +0000.
- Cascadia Acquisition sought a Pittsburgh tech deal, now faces challenges
Deadline extension ends in three months.
Patty Tascarella. American City Business Journals. Wed, 31 May 2023 18:08:06 +0000.
- Project HOME receives $25M gift, launches opioid abuse initiative with Penn Medicine, Jefferson and Temple Health
Backed by a $25 million gift from local philanthropists, here's how Project HOME and three Philadelphia health systems want to change the care of homeless patients suffering from opioid abuse disorder.
John George. American City Business Journals. Wed, 31 May 2023 18:00:54 +0000.
- I'm a doctor - here's how to tie your shoes like a surgeon
Pennsylvania-based surgeon Dr. Sloane has revealed how to tie your shoes like a surgeon, claiming that once it's tied, it 'never loosens.' He demonstrated the life hack in a video.
Daily Mail. Wed, 31 May 2023 12:07:18 GMT.
- Tree of Life synagogue: Gunman driven by 'malice and hate'
The trial's opening hears emotional testimony from survivors of the Pittsburgh attack that left 11 dead.
BBC News. Wed, 31 May 2023 02:09:13 GMT.
- Nova Scotia wildfire forces 16,000 to evacuate
A wildfire in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia has forced thousands of people to evacuate. The smoke has also prompted air quality alerts as far south along the U.S. East Coast as Philadelphia.
CBS News. Tue, 30 May 2023 18:54:49 -0400.
- Prosecutor Recounts Day Turned Deadly in a Pittsburgh Synagogue
The Justice Department is seeking the death penalty for Robert Bowers, the man accused of killing 11 people in 2018.
Campbell Robertson. New York Times. Tue, 30 May 2023 17:09:14 +0000.
- Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooting trial begins, prosecutors pursuing death penalty
Robert Bowers allegedly stormed the Tree of Life synagogue on Oct. 27, 2018, gunning down 11 people in the deadliest antisemitic attack in American history.
Abcnews. ABC News. Tue, 30 May 2023 16:57:53 +0000.
- Notre Dame tops Duke for 1st men's lacrosse title
Third-seeded Notre Dame, which had lost in its previous two championship game appearances in 2010 and 2014, defeated top-seeded Duke on Monday in Philadelphia, securing the first NCAA men's lacrosse title for the Fighting Irish.
ESPN. Mon, 29 May 2023 23:05:43 EST.
- Chilling Video: People Look Like Zombies on Streets of Philly as 'Tranq' Epidemic Explodes
“The City of Brotherly Love” has fallen. And no, this isn’t some shot at the evergreen agony that is Philadelphia’s professional sports teams. ...
Bryan Chai. Western Journal. Mon, 29 May 2023 19:09:37 +0000.
- The Philadelphia Union Are Rolling Again, Which Should Surprise No One
Since the start of 2019 MLS campaign, the Union have earned the most points of any regular season team, collecting 247 total over 139 matches.
By Ian Nicholas Quillen, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 29 May 2023 05:00:00 -0400.
- Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooting trial starts Tuesday
A jury has been chosen to hear the trial of the man charged in the 2018 Pittsburgh synagogue shooting that killed 11 Jewish worshippers.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 26 May 2023 17:18:00 GMT.
- GOP field in Pennsylvania Senate race still wide open as hard-right state lawmaker says he won't run
A hard-right Pennsylvania state lawmaker said Thursday night that he will not challenge Democratic Sen. ...
Marc Levy. Washington Times. Fri, 26 May 2023 10:34:03 -0400.
- 7 kids found living in filthy Pennsylvania home with rats, padlocked refrigerator
One child had to have her head shaved after maggots were found in her hair.
Wpvi. ABC News. Thu, 25 May 2023 22:36:55 +0000.
Pennsylvania Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Pennsylvania as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||12,784,227||-0.06|
|July 1, 2015||12,791,904||0.01|
|July 1, 2014||12,790,565||0.07|
|July 1, 2013||12,781,338||0.07|
|July 1, 2012||12,771,854||0.22|
|July 1, 2011||12,744,293||0.25|
|July 1, 2010||12,712,343|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Pennsylvania was 12,702,379.
In 2008, the estimated population of Pennsylvania was 12,448,279, whereas
in 2006, the population of Pennsylvania was about 12,388,055.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Pennsylvania's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Pennsylvania
web page. For maps of Pennsylvania,
visit this Pennsylvania Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Pennsylvania
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Pennsylvania