Aggregated Kentucky News Articles
- Louisville police officer sues Breonna Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, for emotional distress
Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly, an officer involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor, has filed a civil suit against her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, for emotional distress, assault and battery. Jericka Duncan reports.
CBS News. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:34:11 -0400.
- Kentucky pharmacy owner guilty of federal charge
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky pharmacy owner has pleaded guilty to a federal charge of distributing a prescription drug without a license. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 04:28:00 -0400.
- Steel processor announces plans to open Kentucky plant
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A steel processor is expected to create 110 full-time jobs in coming years at a tube manufacturing plant it plans to open in south-central Kentucky, state officials said. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 04:18:02 -0400.
- UCLA basketball to play Kentucky in Cleveland as schedule takes shape
UCLA announced on Thursday that it would play Kentucky on Dec. 19 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland as part of the CBS Sports Classic.
Ben Bolch. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:29:38 -0400.
- Kentucky State Police investigating recent fatal officer-involved shooting during 'altercation'
An officer with a sheriff department in Kentucky shot a man dead during an altercation that broke out during a call for service Wednesday.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 17:48:22 GMT.
- Police union head says race played no role in Breonna Taylor case
Ryan Nichols, the president of the Fraternal Order of Police chapter that represents the Louisville Metro Police Department, spoke with "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King.
CBS News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 12:40:58 -0400.
- Grand juror in Breonna Taylor case calls Kentucky attorney general a 'liar'
One of the grand jurors in the Breonna Taylor case called Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron (R) a "liar" for saying last month that the grand jury was in agreement that two of the three of Louisville officers ...
Aris Folley. The Hill. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:13:23 +0000.
- Louisville resident named president of global organization of women leaders
The organization works to support and educate the current and next generation through philanthropy, events and mentorship opportunities in the food, beverage and hospitality industries.
Jason Thomas. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:13:18 +0000.
- Kentucky AG asks judge to seal evidence against cop charged in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor
Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron (left) has been criticized for his handling of Breonna Taylor's (inset) fatal shooting. Taylor's mom, Tamika Palmer (right), called for a prosecutor to review case.
Daily Mail. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 14:20:57 GMT.
- 2 grand jurors in Breonna Taylor case say charges should have been filed against other Louisville officers
Two anonymous grand jurors say more Louisville police officers should face criminal charges in Breonna Taylor's death.
Yahoo. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 10:05:26 -0400.
- Breonna Taylor's mother wants new prosecutor to investigate cops who shot her daughter
Breonna Taylor's mother is accusing Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron of abusing the grand jury system and wants a new prosecutor to be appointed who is "committed to properly investigating the case."
Paul Best. Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 02:26:58 GMT.
- Kentucky climbs to No. 5, Baylor still No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 update for 2020-21
Kentucky, which received some good transfer news last week, makes a move in our latest ranking.
ESPN. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:42:52 EST.
Kentucky Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Kentucky as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,436,974||0.28|
|July 1, 2015||4,424,611||0.26|
|July 1, 2014||4,413,057||0.29|
|July 1, 2013||4,400,477||0.36|
|July 1, 2012||4,384,799||0.35|
|July 1, 2011||4,369,354||0.48|
|July 1, 2010||4,348,662|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Kentucky was 4,339,367.
In 2008, the estimated population of Kentucky was 4,269,245, whereas
in 2006, the population of Kentucky was about 4,199,440.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Kentucky's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Kentucky
web page. For maps of Kentucky,
visit this Kentucky Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Frankfort, Kentucky.
Kentucky newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Kentucky
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Kentucky