Aggregated Kentucky News Articles
- WATCH: Fall foliage seen at Kentucky forest
A drone captured images over Kentucky's Daniel Boone National Forest.
ABC News. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 19:46:19 -0400.
- University of Kentucky student dies, fraternity activities suspended
A University of Kentucky student was found unresponsive at a fraternity house and died earlier this week.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 01:48:00 GMT.
- Louisville Urban League leaders say a lack of transparency led to their resignation from West End TIF board
Louisville Urban League executives Sadiqa Reynolds and Christina Shadle said they quit the West End Opportunity Partnership because of a lack of transparency or safeguards for current West Louisville residents.
Michael L. Jones. American City Business Journals. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 19:55:11 +0000.
- University of Louisville unveils new Cultural and Equity Center as part of DEI efforts
The center is located on the first floor of the new Belknap Residence Hall, which opened in August.
Laurel Deppen. American City Business Journals. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:59:54 +0000.
- Kentucky governor urges continued vigilance in COVID-19 fight: 'Let's not punt on third down'
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear (D) on Thursday urged his constituents to remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19, saying "let's not punt on the third down."Beshear, during a ...
Mychael Schnell. The Hill. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 00:19:27 +0000.
- Kentucky has the right tools, but can they finish the season with 10 wins?
Before their game against Georgia in Athens, the question was could Kentucky do enough on offense to keep things interesting. By the end of the first half, it looked like the Wildcats came to Athens prepared for a fight. ...
Fox News. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:49:05 GMT.
- Doctors and patients among spirits at haunted Waverly Hills Sanatorium
The spirits of doctors and patients are believed to walk the halls of Kentucky's Waverly Hills Sanatorium, but one of the most active ghosts may be a little boy tour guides call Timmy.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 15:43:00 GMT.
- University of Kentucky fraternity suspended after member dies
Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn identified the student as Thomas "Lofton" Hazelwood.
CBS News. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:03:32 -0400.
- Freshman fraternity member dies from 'presumed alcohol toxicity'
A freshman at the University of Kentucky died from "presumed alcohol toxicity" Monday night after he was found unresponsive at his fraternity house.
ABC News. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 21:13:56 -0400.
- University of Kentucky student, 18, found dead at fraternity house of suspected alcohol toxicity
Thomas 'Lofton Hazelwood's official cause of death has not been released, but foul play is not suspected. Police continue to investigate the circumstances of his Monday night death.
Daily Mail. Wed, 20 Oct 2021 00:11:55 GMT.
- University of Kentucky student dies after being found unresponsive at fraternity house
A University of Kentucky student died Monday night after he was found unresponsive inside a fraternity house, school officials said.
Louis Casiano. Fox News. Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:14:32 GMT.
- Jackson to join Unitas as Louisville to retire No. 8
Former Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson will join Johnny Unitas as the only football players in school history to have their numbers retired when Louisville celebrates his No. 8 on Nov. 13.
ESPN. Sat, 16 Oct 2021 20:01:37 EST.
Kentucky Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Kentucky as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||4,436,974||0.28|
|July 1, 2015||4,424,611||0.26|
|July 1, 2014||4,413,057||0.29|
|July 1, 2013||4,400,477||0.36|
|July 1, 2012||4,384,799||0.35|
|July 1, 2011||4,369,354||0.48|
|July 1, 2010||4,348,662|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Kentucky was 4,339,367.
In 2008, the estimated population of Kentucky was 4,269,245, whereas
in 2006, the population of Kentucky was about 4,199,440.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Kentucky's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Kentucky
web page. For maps of Kentucky,
visit this Kentucky Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Frankfort, Kentucky.
Kentucky newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Kentucky
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Kentucky