Aggregated Mississippi News Articles
- Mississippi tornado victims identified as young father of three and his one-year-old daughter
Two victims killed by the destructive tornadoes that hit Mississippi and parts of Alabama Friday night have been identified as a young father of three and his one-year-old daughter.
Daily Mail. Sun, 26 Mar 2023 03:35:40 GMT.
- Mississippi tornado kills 26 and brings devastation to US state
The storms have killed 26 and devastated rural towns, with Rolling Fork almost completely wiped out.
BBC News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 23:25:49 GMT.
- Mississippi tornado kills 24 and brings devastation to US state
Powerful wind and hail the size of golf balls brought destruction to the US state on Friday night.
BBC News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 20:51:27 GMT.
- WATCH: At least 23 killed after powerful tornado ripped through Mississippi
Millions are on alert for tornadoes, damaging winds and flooding.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 15:11:07 -0400.
- At least 23 dead as 'destructive' tornado, storms batter Mississippi
A deadly tornado touched down in Mississippi on Friday, officials said.
ABC News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:33:45 -0400.
- Photos Of Devastation: Tornadoes Kill 23 While Flattening Parts Of Mississippi
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said it expected the death toll to rise as cleanup and rescue efforts ensue.
By Ty Roush, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 13:16:44 -0400.
- 23 dead, dozens injured after tornadoes rip through Mississippi overnight
Powerful tornadoes tore through rural Mississippi and Alabama, destroying buildings as severe weather that produced hail the size of golf balls moved through several southern states.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:02:00 GMT.
- Mississippi tornadoes leave at least 23 dead
At least 23 people were killed and four people are missing following multiple tornadoes that struck Mississippi late Friday night. ...
Jared Gans. The Hill. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 15:18:09 +0000.
- Tornado Kills 23 In Mississippi With Many More Injured, Some Missing
'Complete and utter devastation'
Gretchen Clayson. Daily Caller. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 14:57:56 +0000.
- At least 24 dead after Mississippi tornado causes destruction across the state
A string of deadly storms swept across the Southeast, causing catastrophic damage.
CBS News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 08:55:00 -0400.
- Tornado causes damage in rural Mississippi as storm batters South
The Storm Prediction Center warned the greatest threat of tornadoes would come in portions of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.
CBS News. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 00:11:00 -0400.
- Large tornado travels for miles, leaving trail of damage across Mississippi
Storms producing tornadoes, damaging wind gusts, and hail up to the size of golf balls were moving through several southern states Friday night with widespread damage reported in Mississippi from a large tornado.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 25 Mar 2023 03:37:00 GMT.
Mississippi Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Mississippi as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,988,726||-0.02|
|July 1, 2015||2,989,390||-0.10|
|July 1, 2014||2,992,400||0.06|
|July 1, 2013||2,990,482||0.19|
|July 1, 2012||2,984,945||0.23|
|July 1, 2011||2,978,162||0.26|
|July 1, 2010||2,970,322|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Mississippi was 2,967,297.
In 2008, the estimated population of Mississippi was 2,938,618, whereas
in 2006, the population of Mississippi was about 2,896,713.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Mississippi's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Mississippi
web page. For maps of Mississippi,
visit this Mississippi Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Jackson, Mississippi.
Mississippi newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Mississippi
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Mississippi