Aggregated Mississippi News Articles
- Off-duty Mississippi state trooper working part-time for USPS is shot dead inside his mail truck
On Friday, Mississippi Highway Patrolman Lt. Troy Morris was shot dead inside a USPS mail truck while working his second job with the postal company. He was a police veteran of 27 years.
Daily Mail. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 05:56:04 GMT.
- Mississippi trooper fatally shot working part-time job driving USPS mail truck: reports
A man found fatally shot in a USPS delivery truck has been identified as a Mississippi Highway Patrol lieutenant.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 20:11:48 GMT.
- Charles Evers to be remembered during memorial service
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - A Saturday memorial service for civil rights leader Charles Evers is expected to draw hundreds in Mississippi. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 18:03:45 -0400.
- Mississippi gov defends reopening schools as dozens of kids quarantined: 'We're going to have cases'
Children testing positive in schools and student quarantines will be common over the next couple of months, Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves said on "Your World with Neil Cavuto.
Victor Garcia. Fox News. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 00:12:43 GMT.
- ICE detained hundreds of Mississippi chicken plant workers. Now managers are charged
The indictments mark the first criminal action prosecutors have taken against company managers after ICE took close to 700 workers into custody last year during a massive raid on food processing plants.
Yahoo. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 16:59:30 -0400.
- 116 students quarantined after start of school in Mississippi town
Each day this week, Corinth School District has reported an uptick in coronavirus cases in its schools.
CBS News. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 12:55:03 -0400.
- 116 Students Quarantined After Several People In Mississippi School District Test Positive For Coronavirus
'Not a reason for closing school'
Varun Hukeri. Daily Caller. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 14:49:39 +0000.
- Mississippi reports highest number of COVID-19 cases per capita
Mississippi led the nation in COVID-19 cases per capita Wednesday as the state's largest, most specialized hospital is overrun with patients. ...
CBS News. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 08:23:08 -0400.
- Stimulus funds help KC's Conexon bring fiber broadband to rural Mississippi
Kansas City-based Conexon is working to change Mississippi's reputation for being among the worst states for high-speed broadband access.
Leslie Collins. American City Business Journals. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 18:33:48 +0000.
- Mississippi business, owner plead in immigration case
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - The owner of a business in Mississippi and his company pleaded guilty Tuesday to harboring people who entered the country illegally, federal authorities said. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 20:01:31 -0400.
- 85 Vermont inmates in Mississippi test positive for COVID-19, preliminary results show
More than a third of Vermont's inmates housed in a CoreCivic facility in Mississippi have tested positive for COVID-19.
Elizabeth Murray, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:54:35 +0000.
- Sir Alan Parker, director of Bugsy Malone and Evita, dies aged 76
His many credits include Midnight Express, Mississippi Burning, The Commitments and Bugsy Malone.
BBC News. Fri, 31 Jul 2020 16:49:10 GMT.
Mississippi Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Mississippi as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||2,988,726||-0.02|
|July 1, 2015||2,989,390||-0.10|
|July 1, 2014||2,992,400||0.06|
|July 1, 2013||2,990,482||0.19|
|July 1, 2012||2,984,945||0.23|
|July 1, 2011||2,978,162||0.26|
|July 1, 2010||2,970,322|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Mississippi was 2,967,297.
In 2008, the estimated population of Mississippi was 2,938,618, whereas
in 2006, the population of Mississippi was about 2,896,713.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Mississippi's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Mississippi
web page. For maps of Mississippi,
visit this Mississippi Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Jackson, Mississippi.
Mississippi newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Mississippi
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Mississippi