Aggregated Missouri News Articles
- Cardinals star Albert Pujols becomes fourth player to hit 700 home runs
St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols hit his 700th home run, joining Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth as the only players to reach the milestone.
Mike Digiovanna. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 03:26:35 GMT.
- 84-year-old man convicted of killing Kansas City attorney after losing lawsuit
Attorney Tom Pickert, 39, was shot and killed in front of his home after walking his children to school.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:43:39 -0400.
- St. Louis private equity firm sued over multimillion-dollar deal
A Minnesota aerospace parts maker is suing a St. Louis private equity firm, alleging it was misled during an $11.3 million buyout.
Jacob Kirn. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:36:30 +0000.
- Executive Insights: Jeff Auslander of Dynamic Logistix (video)
Kansas City Business Journal Publisher Stacie Prosser is joined by Jeff Auslander, CEO and managing partner of Dynamic Logistix. ...
Dynamic Logistix. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:23:25 +0000.
- Missouri mother drains pond murdered her son's body was dumped in seven years ago HERSELF
Connie Goodwin, 57, was in search of her son, Edward Goodwin, 32, who was murdered by childhood friends and his body dumped in the pond after a drug deal went wrong in 2015.
Daily Mail. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:16:20 GMT.
- For Sale: A Beaux Arts Masterpiece Beautifully Preserved In St. Louis
The Beaux Arts Nabisco Mansion in St. Louis, built at the end of the 19th century, is almost entirely intact. Now it is for sale.
By Regina Cole, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 12:55:03 -0400.
- 'Thursday Night Football' scores 13 million viewers on Amazon Prime Video
The exclusive telecast of the Kansas City Chiefs' win over the Los Angeles Chargers does well for the tech giant.
Stephen Battaglio. Los Angeles Times. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 16:26:00 GMT.
- Otoe-Missouria tribe reconnecting with ancestors' home in Lincoln
Mayor Leiron Gaylor Baird proclaimed it Otoe-Missouria Day as part of reconciliatory gesture.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:16:00 GMT.
- Barbara Jean's Southern Kitchen brings soul food from St. Louis to Burlington
Chef Marcus Stittum is bringing his grandmother's recipes from St. Louis to Burlington's Old North End with pop-up Barbara Jean's Southern Kitchen.
April Fisher, Burlington Free Press. Burlington Free Press. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 15:21:24 +0000.
- Twins blow lead in loss to Royals; Baldelli benches Celestino during game
Severeal incidents in the early innings of the 5-4 loss to Kansas City caused manager Rocco Baldelli to remove outfielder Gilbert Celestino after the fourth inning.
Phil Miller. Star Tribune - Minneapolis, Minnesota. Wed, 21 Sep 2022 11:42:34 +0000.
- Post Malone suffers bruised ribs after falling through a hole on stage in St. Louis
Post Malone was performing at the Enterprise Center in downtown St. Louis when he fell.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sun, 18 Sep 2022 20:07:00 GMT.
- Red-hot Pujols mashes 698th career home run
St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols launched a 427-foot shot to left field for his 698th career home run Friday night in a 6-5 win over the Reds.
ESPN. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 12:15:15 EST.
- 'The Beast': Field Museum gets new dinosaur fossil found in Missouri
Scientists found the remains of a 35-foot long, duck-billed dino called Parrosaurus Missouriensis in Missouri back in 2017.
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 03:54:06 +0000.
- College Football Hall of Famer Shelby Jordan Dead at Age 70
Shelby Jordan, whose spectacular career at Washington University in St. Louis earned him a spot in the College Football Hall of Fame and an 11-year NFL career, has died. ...
The Associated Press. Western Journal. Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:13:16 +0000.
Missouri Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Missouri as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,093,000||0.28|
|July 1, 2015||6,076,204||0.25|
|July 1, 2014||6,060,930||0.30|
|July 1, 2013||6,042,711||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||6,025,415||0.24|
|July 1, 2011||6,010,717||0.24|
|July 1, 2010||5,996,118|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Missouri was 5,988,927.
In 2008, the estimated population of Missouri was 5,911,605, whereas
in 2006, the population of Missouri was about 5,832,977.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Missouri's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Missouri
web page. For maps of Missouri,
visit this Missouri Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Missouri newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Missouri
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Missouri