Aggregated Michigan News Articles
- 5 Ways The Detroit Pistons Got Lucky This Season
The Detroit Pistons entered the coronavirus-induced hiatus with a woeful 20-46 record. That seems bad but in a sense, the Pistons couldn't have gotten luckier in a few vital ways.
By Duncan Smith, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- Coronavirus Rampage Continues: 2020 Detroit Auto Show Nixed
The Detroit show, officially known as the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), is now set to be held in June 2021.
Rimmi Singhi. Zacks. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:52:00 GMT.
- Ford to produce roughly 50,000 ventilators in fight against coronavirus
Ford Motor Company has announced plans to make 50,000 ventilators at one of its Michigan plants over the next 100 days in an effort to arm those on the front lines with equipment to fight COVID-19.
David Aaro. Fox News. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:28:08 GMT.
- More Than 1K New Coronavirus Cases In Michigan, Almost 200 Deaths Reported
Michigan is closing in on 200 COVID-19 deaths and continues to have the fourth-most cases of COVID-19 in the nation.
Michigan Advance/states Newsroom. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:16:24 -0400.
- Two GM plants will build ventilators, masks to help fight COVID-19 pandemic - Roadshow
A plant in Indiana will build the ventilators, while a previously closed plant in Michigan will manufacture surgical masks.
Sean Szymkowski. CNET. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:23:00 +0000.
- Ford, GE plan to produce 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
Ford Motor and GE Healthcare plan to produce 50,000 ventilators within the next 100 days at a facility in Michigan amid the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:19:30 GMT.
- Detroit Auto Show canceled as FEMA declares TCF Center a COVID-19 field hospital - Roadshow
The TCF Center, home of Detroit's North American International Auto Show, is getting repurposed.
Chris Paukert. CNET. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 23:15:00 +0000.
- Michigan: Latest updates on Coronavirus
Here's a look at the latest on the coronavirus in Michigan.
Live Science. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:32:58 +0000.
- Michigan state lawmaker, FDNY mechanic and college senior are among the latest coronavirus victims
More than 151,000 people in the United States have tested positive for COVID-19 and 2,787 have died since the nationwide outbreak began in late January.
Daily Mail. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 21:18:20 GMT.
- Michigan developer eyes Cary for senior living community
A Michigan developer has filed plans with the town of Cary for a new senior living community with plans calling for nearly 180 units in a 4-story complex.
Caleb Harshberger. American City Business Journals. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:54:45 +0000.
- Lawmaker Dies of Suspected Coronavirus Complications After Refusing Medical Treatment for Days
A Michigan state lawmaker has died of suspected complications from the coronavirus. Democratic state Rep. Isaac Robinson, 44, of Detroit, died Sunday, according to WXYZ. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:21:58 +0000.
- New Orleans, Detroit & other smaller cities ripe for coronavirus acceleration, Dr. Fauci says
The "dynamics of the outbreak" of the coronavirus in New Orleans and Detroit show signs that "they're going to take off," Dr. Anthony Fauci said.
Ap. ABC News. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:43:18 +0000.
- 25-Year-Old WMU Student Among 21 New Michigan Coronavirus Deaths
In Michigan, there are now 5,486 positive cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by a new coronavirus, as of 3 p.m. Sunday.
Michigan Advance/states Newsroom. Patch. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 23:17:20 -0400.
- State Rep. Isaac Robinson dead at 44; mom suspects COVID-19
DETROIT (AP) - First-term Michigan State Rep. Isaac Robinson died Sunday, according to this mother, who said she suspects her son's death could be related to the coronavirus. He was 44. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 23:00:52 -0400.
Michigan Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Michigan as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||9,928,300||0.11|
|July 1, 2015||9,917,715||0.02|
|July 1, 2014||9,915,767||0.17|
|July 1, 2013||9,898,982||0.12|
|July 1, 2012||9,887,238||0.11|
|July 1, 2011||9,876,213||-0.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,877,495|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Michigan was 9,883,640.
In 2008, the estimated population of Michigan was 10,003,422, whereas
in 2006, the population of Michigan was about 10,083,878.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Michigan's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Michigan
web page. For maps of Michigan,
visit this Michigan Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Lansing, Michigan.
Michigan newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Michigan
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Michigan