Aggregated Michigan News Articles
- Cruz blames Biden for Haitian migrant crisis, cites 'canceled' deportation flights
Cruz was the Friday keynote speaker at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference in Michigan, where the senator spoke on the raging illegal immigration crisis at the southern border.
Houston Keene. Fox News. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:07:32 GMT.
- Health hacks: How to get rid of a tickle in your throat and supercharge your brain
Dr. Anthony Youn, 48, from Detroit, has shared a list of simple health hacks that he claims really work - from supercharging your brain to getting rid of a tickle in your throat.
Daily Mail. Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:41:40 GMT.
- Semiconductor shortage takes toll on auto workers, businesses
A global shortage of semiconductors forced a Michigan Ford plant to trim production of its F-150 trucks.
CBS News. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:33:02 -0400.
- Innovating With Purpose: Why One Michigan-Based Executive Is Putting People At The Center Of Design
Whirlpool Corporation's Tisha Johnson shares her insights on the company's design philosophy, post-pandemic product development, the importance of diverse design teams and the benefits of being based in Michigan.
By Insights Team, Forbes Insights. Forbes. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:30:09 -0400.
- Here are the 10 highest-paid Baltimore Ravens in 2021
Several of the highest-paid Ravens players missed practice this week going into Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions.
Maria Sieron. American City Business Journals. Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:15:00 +0000.
- Surf's up in Lake Michigan
As forecasters warned of life-threatening conditions and the possibility of beach erosion and lakefront flooding, surfers saw an opportunity to get out and have some fun.
Chicago Tribune. Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:58:07 +0000.
- After chilly start to fall, temperatures expected to increase this week, waves subsiding
Wednesday's high waves have started to subside along the Illinois shoreline of Lake Michigan, forecasters said.
Sylvia Goodman. Chicago Tribune. Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:44:57 +0000.
- Chicago Weather: Waves up to 18 feet forecast in Lake Michigan
People need to be very careful near the lakefront Wednesday.
Diane Pathieu. ABC News. Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:14:59 +0000.
- Father seeks $1M after teacher cut his daughter's hair without permission
Jimmy Hoffmeyer, a Michigan father, seeks $1 million after a teacher cut his daughter's hair without his permission.
ABC News. Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:30:58 -0400.
- Gov. Whitmer agrees: No mask mandates in schools and no vaccine passports in Michigan
Democratic Michigan Gov. ...
Emma Colton. Fox News. Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:10:43 GMT.
- Poll: Chief James Craig Leads Gretchen Whitmer By 6 Points
Craig holds 50.2% of favorability among Michigan voters
Nicole Silverio. Daily Caller. Wed, 22 Sep 2021 01:49:48 +0000.
- All lost for Clemson, Notre Dame and the Pac-12? Here's your latest dose of reality after Week 3
It is time to panic in Clemson! Oregon is the only playoff hope (again) for the Pac-12! The Spartans will rule all of Michigan by the time the season ends! Well, we might squash some college football dreams after your latest overreactions.
ESPN. Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:38:51 EST.
- Rutgers suspends CBs for paintball gun incident
Rutgers cornerbacks Max Melton, who was listed on the depth chart as a starter, and Chris Long have been suspended ahead of Saturday's Big Ten opener at No. 19 Michigan.
ESPN. Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:45:37 EST.
- Four candidates detail their grocery store proposals for former Hill District Shop 'n Save
A Strip District institution, an Asian market out of Michigan, a Denver startup and a Hill District co-op team all pitch their plans to launch the Hill District's next grocery store.
Tim Schooley. American City Business Journals. Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:29:24 +0000.
Michigan Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Michigan as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||9,928,300||0.11|
|July 1, 2015||9,917,715||0.02|
|July 1, 2014||9,915,767||0.17|
|July 1, 2013||9,898,982||0.12|
|July 1, 2012||9,887,238||0.11|
|July 1, 2011||9,876,213||-0.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,877,495|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Michigan was 9,883,640.
In 2008, the estimated population of Michigan was 10,003,422, whereas
in 2006, the population of Michigan was about 10,083,878.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Michigan's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Michigan
web page. For maps of Michigan,
visit this Michigan Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Lansing, Michigan.
Michigan newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Michigan
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Michigan