Aggregated Michigan News Articles
- Michigan's Jim Harbaugh disappointed with Big Ten decision to put college football on hold
Michigan Wolverines football coach Jim Harbaugh expressed his disappointment with the Big Ten for postponing the college football season due to the coronavirus on Tuesday.
Ryan Gaydos. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:07:56 GMT.
- Chicago cleans up after looting devastates Michigan Avenue, Loop, Gold Coast; More than 100 arrested, police say
Communities focus on cleanup after thousands converged on downtown Chicago area overnight Sunday looting stores, fighting with police, and causing widespread property damage.
Jessica D'onofrio. ABC News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:30:35 +0000.
- Judge dismisses case against Michcigan teen incarcerated for not doing homework
A 15-year-old girl in Michigan who was sent to a juvenile detention facility for not doing her homework was released from probation on Tuesday, according to a report.
Frank Miles. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 00:09:58 GMT.
- State police investigating wrong-way fatal crash on Interstate 80/94
State police are investigating a fatal accident that occurred early Monday as the result of a wrong-way driver on Interstate 80/94 in Lansing
Mike Nolan. Chicago Tribune. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:05:49 +0000.
- Body found in Lake Michigan near Belmont Harbor identified as 15-year-old from DePaul College Prep
The teen, Patrick Louis Tedeski, was a 15-year-old from DePaul College Prep.
Kelli Smith. Chicago Tribune. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 23:04:01 +0000.
- Prudential slashes dividend as it retreats from the US
The FTSE 100 firm plans to float a minority stake in Michigan-based Jackson National Life. Bosses said the shake-up will allow the Pru to focus on fast-growing markets in Asia and Africa.
Daily Mail. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 21:51:04 GMT.
- Detroit Tigers Take Step Forward After Three Long Years
The Detroit Tigers have been one of the biggest surprises in the major league this season after losing 98, 98 and 114 games the previous three years.
By John Perrotto, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:30:11 -0400.
- Rising star in Detroit departs suddenly for Silicon Valley
The chief financial officer at General Motors, Dhivya Suryadevara, is trading Detroit for Silicon Valley in a surprise departure to join the payments startup Stripe. ...
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:05:37 -0400.
- Someone Break Up The Detroit Tigers
The Detroit Tigers are 9-5. This is not a drill.
By Jules Posner, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:00:00 -0400.
- Republicans retrench in fight for the Senate
The party once thought of putting Democratic seats in battlegrounds like Michigan and Minnesota in play. Now it's fighting to protect incumbents.
Yahoo. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 04:30:55 -0400.
- Chicago looting: Violence, property damage devastates Michigan Avenue, Loop; More than 100 arrested, police say
Videos posted to social media showed large crowds breaking windows and entering stores along the Magnificent Mile.
Jessica D'onofrio. ABC News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:10:27 +0000.
- Good Samaritan rescues boy in Lake Michigan, dies trying to save another
A second 14-year-old boy also died
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 22:15:00 GMT.
- Harvick denies Keselowski in overtime at Michigan
Kevin Harvick raced to his fifth NASCAR Cup Series victory of the season, outlasting Brad Keselowski in overtime on Saturday in the opener of a weekend doubleheader at Michigan International Speedway.
ESPN. Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:54:17 EST.
- Michigan Mail-In Voting Disaster Casts Even More Doubt on November Election
The presidential election is right around the corner, and many voters from a variety of states are participating in the process of mail-in voting — opposed to in-person voting — to limit the spread of the coronavirus. ...
Jessica Parsons. Western Journal. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 15:24:31 +0000.
Michigan Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Michigan as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||9,928,300||0.11|
|July 1, 2015||9,917,715||0.02|
|July 1, 2014||9,915,767||0.17|
|July 1, 2013||9,898,982||0.12|
|July 1, 2012||9,887,238||0.11|
|July 1, 2011||9,876,213||-0.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,877,495|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Michigan was 9,883,640.
In 2008, the estimated population of Michigan was 10,003,422, whereas
in 2006, the population of Michigan was about 10,083,878.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Michigan's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Michigan
web page. For maps of Michigan,
visit this Michigan Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Lansing, Michigan.
Michigan newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Michigan
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Michigan