Aggregated Michigan News Articles
- Three students are dead, others injured after shooting at Michigan high school
Police responded to reports of an active shooter at Oxford High School, in a suburb north of Detroit. They said four to six people are injured, but it's not clear if they are students.
Daily Mail. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 04:41:38 +0000.
- What We Know About the Michigan School Shooting Victims
Authorities late Tuesday released the names of the victims in the Michigan high school shooting.
Jesus Jiménez. New York Times. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 04:39:18 +0000.
- Student kills 3, wounds 8 at Michigan's Oxford High School: Authorities
Authorities say a 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school, killing three other students and wounding eight other people, including a teacher.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 04:30:52 +0000.
- 3 killed, 8 hurt in shooting at Michigan high school
The suspected shooter, a 15-year-old student, was taken into custody.
ABC News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:55:06 -0500.
- Authorities: 15-year-old student kills 3, wounds 8 at Michigan high school
A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding eight other people, including one teacher, authorities said.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 03:35:00 GMT.
- Michigan school shooting: Student kills three and wounds eight
Police say the suspect, a 15-year-old student, used a gun his father had bought days earlier.
BBC News. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 01:26:32 GMT.
- CFP rankings: Michigan moves into top four; coachless Notre Dame at No. 6
Michigan moved up to No. 2 in the second-to-last College Football Playoff rankings after defeating rival Ohio State on Saturday.
Ralph D. Russo. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 1 Dec 2021 01:10:31 GMT.
- School shooting: Student kills 3, wounds 8 at Oxford High School in Michigan, US
A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school today, killing three students and wounding eight people, including at least one teacher, authorities said.Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news ...
New Zealand Herald. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 13:02:44 +1200.
- Michigan moves into top 4 of CFP rankings; coachless Irish 6
Michigan moved up to No. 2 Tuesday night in the second-to-last College Football Playoff rankings, joining Georgia, Alabama and Cincinnati in the top four heading into conference championship weekend.
Fox News. Wed, 01 Dec 2021 01:01:49 GMT.
- Biden offers sympathies for school shooting victims in Michigan: 'Unimaginable grief'
President Biden on Tuesday said his “heart goes out” to the victims and their families of a school shooting in Michigan. ...
Jeff Mordock. Washington Times. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:43:41 -0500.
- 3 killed, 6 injured in shooting at Michigan high school
The lone suspect, a 15-year-old sophomore at the school, was taken into custody without incident, officials said.
CBS News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:16:36 -0500.
- Michigan school shooting: Student kills three and wounds six
The suspect, a 15-year-old student, was taken into custody five minutes after police were called.
BBC News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 21:39:04 GMT.
- Teenage suspect in custody after deadly shooting at US high school
Three students were killed and six other people including a teacher were wounded Tuesday in a shooting at a high school in rural Oxford, Michigan, local police said.
News Wires. France 24. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 21:36:04 GMT.
- Michigan high school shooting leaves three students dead; 15-year-old suspect in custody, according to police
A 15-year-old student at a Michigan high school was taken into custody on Tuesday after allegedly shooting and killing three students and injuring six others, including one teacher, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.
Emma Colton Paul Best. Fox News. Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:29:40 GMT.
Michigan Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Michigan as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||9,928,300||0.11|
|July 1, 2015||9,917,715||0.02|
|July 1, 2014||9,915,767||0.17|
|July 1, 2013||9,898,982||0.12|
|July 1, 2012||9,887,238||0.11|
|July 1, 2011||9,876,213||-0.01|
|July 1, 2010||9,877,495|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Michigan was 9,883,640.
In 2008, the estimated population of Michigan was 10,003,422, whereas
in 2006, the population of Michigan was about 10,083,878.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Michigan's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Michigan
web page. For maps of Michigan,
visit this Michigan Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Lansing, Michigan.
Michigan newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Michigan
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Michigan