Aggregated Connecticut News Articles
- Travelers From 32 States, Virgin Islands Must Self-Quarantine After Coming To The Tri-State Area
New York, New Jersey and Connecticut officials hope the quarantine will stave off a possible second wave.
By Elana Lyn Gross, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:55:00 -0400.
- New York, New Jersey, Connecticut add Hawaii, South Dakota, Virgin Islands to quarantine list
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont and New Jersey Gov. ...
Brooke Singman. Fox News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:34:57 GMT.
- Almost 150,000 Still Without Power One Week After Hurricane Isaias
For residents of Connecticut and New York who are still without power, frustration with utility companies grew as temperatures rose.
Mihir Zaveri and Nate Schweber. New York Times. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:03:51 +0000.
- Nearly 200,000 Households Still Without Power A Week After Isaias As Tri-State Governors Probe Utility Companies
Tropical storm Isaias knocked out power for over 2 million New York, New Jersey and Connecticut customers a week ago.
By Jemima Mcevoy, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:37:06 -0400.
- Connecticut governor pushes for in-person classes to avoid "a lost year"
Roughly 143,000 students in Connecticut did not log on for remote learning after public school closed in mid-March.
CBS News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 13:22:24 -0400.
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont pushing for in-person schooling to avoid "a lost year"
Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont says his state is "going to give our kids the best shot for in-class education."
CBS News. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 11:51:34 -0400.
- Sales of pricey New York City apartments plunge as the suburbs become cool again
Homes in Connecticut and Westchester's suburbs are flying off the market as wealthy New Yorkers flee to greener pastures.
Yahoo. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 07:55:00 -0400.
- Isaias Outages: In Storm's Wake, Million Still Without Power in N.Y., N.J. and C.T
Utilities in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut raced to restore power, but officials said it might take several days, in some cases.
Mihir Zaveri. New York Times. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 23:16:07 +0000.
- Yale University student sues the school in potential class action for his tuition to be refunded
Jonathan Michel, from Wooley, Ohio, said Yale 'effectively breached or terminated the contract' it had with student who paid to participate fully at the elite school.
Daily Mail. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 15:45:57 GMT.
- New York, New Jersey, Connecticut add Rhode Island to quarantine list, remove DC, Delaware
Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday announced that individuals traveling to their states from Rhode Island would be required to quarantine for 14 days as the state experiences a surge in coronavirus cases.
Brooke Singman. Fox News. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 16:41:03 GMT.
- New division of Acme's parent company to be based in Malvern
The office will oversee 275 stores stretching from Connecticut to Virginia.
Natalie Kostelni. American City Business Journals. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 10:00:00 +0000.
- PHOTOS: The Vermont Summer Baseball League championship game
Top-seeded S.D. Ireland shuts out No. 2 Lakes Region 3-0 to win the Vermont Summer Baseball League championship game in Hartford.
Austin Danforth, Free Press Staff Writer. Burlington Free Press. Sun, 02 Aug 2020 21:59:47 +0000.
Connecticut Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Connecticut as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||3,576,452||-0.23|
|July 1, 2015||3,584,730||-0.20|
|July 1, 2014||3,591,873||-0.11|
|July 1, 2013||3,596,003||0.06|
|July 1, 2012||3,593,795||0.11|
|July 1, 2011||3,589,893||0.28|
|July 1, 2010||3,579,899|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Connecticut was 3,574,097.
In 2008, the estimated population of Connecticut was 3,501,252, whereas
in 2006, the population of Connecticut was about 3,487,896.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Connecticut's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Connecticut
web page. For maps of Connecticut,
visit this Connecticut Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Hartford, Connecticut.
Connecticut newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Connecticut
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Connecticut