Aggregated South Dakota News Articles
- Pheasant Season In South Dakota Draws General Interest
In the world of pheasant hunting, there is no more hallowed ground than that of the Paul Nelson Farm, 5,000 acres of paradise for shotgunners and their bird dogs.
By Chris Dorsey, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:51:25 -0400.
- Gov. Kristi Noem silent on possible appeal to ethics board
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is showing no sign of fighting an action taken against her by a state ethics board over her actions surrounding her daughter's application for a real estate appraiser's license.
CBS News. Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:44:56 -0400.
- Kristi Noem Reveals Major Health News: Can't Stand for More Than 15 Minutes, Very Limited Movement for Months
Republican South Dakota Gov Kristi Noem announced Monday that she will be on a limited schedule of activities for the next few months due to back surgery. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:32:49 +0000.
- South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem tried to avoid ethics hearing and seal records
Noem asked a state ethics board to dismiss a complaint against her without a public hearing and to seal certain records.
CBS News. Sat, 10 Sep 2022 11:35:40 -0400.
- South Dakota tribes buy land near Wounded Knee massacre site
Two American Indian tribes in South Dakota have agreed to purchase 40 acres of land near the Wounded Knee National Historic Landmark on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
Washington Times. Sat, 10 Sep 2022 11:34:48 -0400.
- Summit Brewing Co. launches nonalcoholic beer line, Nialas, with India Pale Ale and Irish-Style Dark styles
Nonalcoholic beers Nialas IPA and Nialas Irish-Style Dark will start being sold this week in liquor stores, restaurants and bars across Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota.
Brianna Kelly. American City Business Journals. Wed, 07 Sep 2022 16:26:32 +0000.
- Black student, 14, will LEAVE South Dakota Catholic school after refusing to cut dreadlocks
Braxton Schafer, a black student at a Catholic school in South Dakota will have to leave the school after he was told to cut his dreadlocks by administrators who say it is against school policy.
Daily Mail. Thu, 01 Sep 2022 21:45:34 GMT.
- Black student to leave South Dakota Catholic school that required him to trim dreadlocks
A Black student will leave his South Dakota high school at the end of the semester due to a new policy that would require him to shorten his long, dread-locked hair.
Matt Delaney. Washington Times. Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:56:02 -0400.
- United States Postal Service launches new mail resource for next-day deliveries in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota
The United States Postal Service rolled out its new resource Monday morning.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 08 Aug 2022 17:23:00 GMT.
- Hy-Vee recalls potato salads due to presumptive microbial test result
Purchase locations include Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 23:36:00 GMT.
South Dakota Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of South Dakota as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||865,454||0.88|
|July 1, 2015||857,919||0.63|
|July 1, 2014||852,561||0.90|
|July 1, 2013||844,922||1.26|
|July 1, 2012||834,441||1.22|
|July 1, 2011||824,398||0.99|
|July 1, 2010||816,325|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of South Dakota was 814,180.
In 2008, the estimated population of South Dakota was 804,194, whereas
in 2006, the population of South Dakota was about 787,380.
For detailed, up-to-date information about South Dakota's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about South Dakota
web page. For maps of South Dakota,
visit this South Dakota Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Pierre, South Dakota.
South Dakota newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
South Dakota library
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about South Dakota
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in South Dakota