Aggregated Arizona News Articles
- Arizona residents lash out at a lack of statewide coronavirus lockdown measures
The Grand Canyon State is among 10 states - including Arkansas, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming - that have no lockdown measures at a county or municipal level.
Daily Mail. Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:43:17 GMT.
- Arizona Schools Closed Through End Of Year: Gov. Ducey
Arizona's governor and superintendent say schools are closing through the end of the school year amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Geoff Dempsey. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:02:30 -0400.
- Arizona: Latest updates on coronavirus
Here's information on the number of coronavirus cases in Arizona and the latest news on the COVID-19 outbreak.
Live Science. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:28:34 +0000.
- Wendy Smith-Reeve, Arizona coronavirus response chief, resigns
PHOENIX — The woman who led Arizona's response to the coronavirus pandemic has resigned effective immediately. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:13:36 -0400.
- Special report: How COVID-19 could reshape telemedicine sector in Arizona, US
While telehealth has been in existence for many years, COVID-19 pushed Arizona and federal regulators to begin to reimburse providers for the service. ...
Angela Gonzales. American City Business Journals. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- Arizona governor signs stripped-down $11.8 billion budget
PHOENIX (AP) - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed a stripped-down emergency state budget Saturday that contains $50 million in spending to help tenants, homeowners and small businesses weather the coronavirus crisis. ...
Bob Christie. Washington Times. Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:12:37 -0400.
- Arizona Utilities Offer Coronavirus Relief To Customers
Arizona electric companies are committing to not shutting off electricity due to inability to pay during the coronavirus pandemic.
Geoff Dempsey. Patch. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:54:06 -0400.
- Running Back Kenyan Drake Signs One-Year Tender With Arizona Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals bring back their leading rusher on a one-year, $8.4 million tender. Is this upcoming season his breakout year?
By Omar Soussi, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- Medicaid makeover: Arizona's largest health insurer is about to totally change the rules
AHCCCS plans to financially penalize physicians and hospitals that don't provide quality care while reducing costs. ...
Angela Gonzales. American City Business Journals. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- Bryce Beekman, Washington State football player, found dead at 22
Beekman, a redshirt senior, transferred to Washington State from Arizona Western Junior College last season.
CBS News. Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:17:00 -0400.
- Arizona man dead, wife in hospital after ingesting chemicals due to coronavirus fears
A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication that's been touted by U.S. ...
CBC News. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 08:36:25 EDT.
- Man who self-medicated with unproven coronavirus drug dies in Arizona - CNET
Use of chloroquine -- a treatment touted by President Donald Trump -- landed a couple in their 60s in the hospital.
Eric Mack. CNET. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:10:00 +0000.
- Arizona Cardinals Are Rebuilding Its Defense Via Free Agency, Is It Enough?
After a poor defensive season last year, the Cardinals committed to rebuilding their defense. Are the moves they made enough?
By Omar Soussi, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 24 Mar 2020 00:00:00 +0000.
- Arizona man steals dozens of coronavirus testing kits from health clinic
An Arizona man stole dozens of unused coronavirus testing kits from a health clinic on Friday while posing as a delivery driver, investigators said.
Stephen Sorace. Fox News. Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:21:28 GMT.
- Joe Biden wins primary elections in Florida, Illinois and Arizona
Democratic voters gave Joe Biden a clean sweep in three primary states on Tuesday. ...
CBS News. Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:49:53 -0400.
Arizona Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Arizona as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,931,071||1.66|
|July 1, 2015||6,817,565||1.45|
|July 1, 2014||6,719,993||1.44|
|July 1, 2013||6,624,617||1.14|
|July 1, 2012||6,549,634||1.28|
|July 1, 2011||6,467,163||0.92|
|July 1, 2010||6,408,312|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Arizona was 6,392,017.
In 2008, the estimated population of Arizona was 6,500,180, whereas
in 2006, the population of Arizona was about 6,178,251.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Arizona's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Arizona
web page. For maps of Arizona,
visit this Arizona Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Phoenix, Arizona.
Arizona newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Arizona
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Arizona