Aggregated Washington State News Articles
- WATCH: Cruise ship hits iceberg en route to Alaska
A Norwegian Cruise Line ship hit an iceberg near Hubbard Glacier in Alaska, but the boat safely docked in Seattle for repairs.
ABC News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 22:45:03 -0400.
- DeLille Cellars opens summer lounge deck in Woodinville
The winery moved into the former Redhook Brewery space in 2019 and opened a lounge next door in 2021. Here's what else is new this week in the Seattle-area restaurant world.
Joey Thompson. American City Business Journals. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 20:55:45 +0000.
- Seattle woman, 70, is DECAPITATED by her son, 29, after he violated a no-contact order
Collin Boldizsar, 29, has been arrested for the brutal murder of his mother Laurie Collins, 70, at her home on Wednesday in the quiet neighborhood of Shoreline in Washington state.
Daily Mail. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 19:44:18 GMT.
- Gov. Jay Inslee declares Washington state an abortion 'sanctuary,' orders state police to help
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has ordered state police not to comply with out-of-state agency requests for information on patients' abortions in a bid to make the Evergreen State a "sanctuary" for the medical procedure.
Ramsey Touchberry. Washington Times. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 10:17:13 -0400.
- Are the Sky on the verge of a repeat, and five more questions that will determine the WNBA champ
Las Vegas, Chicago, Connecticut, Seattle and Washington have separated themselves as title contenders. What needs to happen for each to win the trophy?
ESPN. Fri, 1 Jul 2022 07:38:06 EST.
- Cruise ship that hit iceberg in Alaska arrives in Seattle for repairs
One passenger said when the Norwegian Sun hit the iceberg, "Boom, the whole ship shakes. And I'm like, 'Well, what's going on?'"
CBS News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 06:24:51 -0400.
- LA-based developer buys University District lot for student housing
The project, named Victory at the U, the student housing developer's first Seattle-area project.
Shawna De La Rosa. American City Business Journals. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 06:28:37 +0000.
- Cruise ship hits iceberg in Alaska, returns to Seattle for repairs
A cruise ship that struck an iceberg in Alaska has docked in Seattle for repairs. A family who was onboard says the impact sounded like a loud door being slammed.
Kabc. ABC News. Fri, 01 Jul 2022 00:24:08 +0000.
- Sue Bird makes history as the Storm beat the Aces
The Seattle Storm beat the Las Vegas Aces and Sue Bird who is in her final season is now the leader in wins in WNBA history.
Fox News. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 19:48:43 GMT.
- Priest prays for vandal after 'hate crime' causing thousands in damages, assaulting employee
Washington state Catholic priest says he is praying for the suspected vandal who was arrested this week after allegedly leaving graffiti, doing thousands in damages at a church.
Emma Colton. Fox News. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:45:20 GMT.
- Here's Why Seattle Genetics (SGEN) is a Great Momentum Stock to Buy
Does Seattle Genetics (SGEN) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:00:02 GMT.
- 'I'd do anything to have him back': Hiker's deaths in Franklin Mountains reminder of risks from heat, dehydration
Washington State native Jerred Woods had reunited with his daughter in El Paso and went missing on a Saturday afternoon hike.
Martha Pskowski, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:30:04 +0000.
- Clippers to play preseason game in Seattle vs. Trail Blazers
The Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers will play a preseason game Oct. 3 in Seattle, reuniting friends and coaches Tyronn Lue and Chauncey Billups.
Andrew Greif. Los Angeles Times. Wed, 29 Jun 2022 11:30:41 GMT.
- DroneSeed uses swarms of drones to reseed forests after devastating wildfires
DroneSeed is a Seattle-based startup that claims it can begin to quickly restore thousands of acres of wildfire-ravaged land just 30 days after the fire is out.
CNBC. Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:26:05 GMT.
In 2008, the estimated population of Washington was 6,549,224, whereas
in 2006, the population of Washington was about 6,360,529.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Washington's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Washington
web page. For maps of Washington,
visit this Washington Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Olympia, Washington.
Washington newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Washington
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Washington State