Aggregated Washington State News Articles
- Alaska cruises expected to bring 200,000 more visitors to Seattle this year
Bigger ships and instability in the Middle East are expected to bring more cruise enthusiasts to Seattle this summer and fall Alaska trips, generating an estimated $14.5 million in statewide taxes.
Andrew Mcintosh. American City Business Journals. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 22:22:48 +0000.
- Rainier Square like a giant thermometer as Seattle office market cools
Despite its financial struggles, WeWork might not be out of the picture given its relationship with Amazon.
Marc Stiles. American City Business Journals. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 22:07:07 +0000.
- Trump supporting Seattle cop is fired after making offensive Instagram posts about Obama and Clinton
An unnamed Seattle Police Department officer has been terminated following an internal investigation into Instagram post he made about President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Daily Mail. Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:16:15 GMT.
- When Seattle stores belongings taken during homeless cleanups, few get them back
Outreach workers are concerned that few people are able to retrieve medication, medical devices and IDs that go missing during encampment clean-ups.
Sydney Brownstone. Seattle Times. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:25:50 -0800.
- What happened when Seattle district said school may start before Labor Day in 2020
On social media, the district announced the 2020-21 school year may start for "the first time in many years" before Labor Day, which this year falls on Sept. 7. ...
Neal Morton. Seattle Times. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:10:56 -0800.
- Winter storm that pummeled Pacific Northwest heads east
A brutal winter storm system that's been pounding the Pacific Northwest is heading east. Winds whipped up the snow north of Seattle this week, blasting roads and reducing visibility in some spots to almost nothing. ...
CBS News. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:52:34 -0500.
- Apple Reportedly Acquires Xnor.ai to Boost On-Device AI
Apple (AAPL) acquires Xnor.ai, a Seattle-based artificial intelligence start-up to boost on-device AI, per a GeekWire report.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:46:00 GMT.
- Alphabet's Google Boosts Cloud Offerings With AppSheet Buyout
Alphabet's (GOOGL) division Google acquires a Seattle-based, no-code application development platform, AppSheet.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:17:00 GMT.
- Plastic Bag Ban Approved In Washington State Senate, Again
The bill would ban stores from giving out single-use plastic bags and require an 8-cent charge for other bags.
Associated Press. Patch. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 18:05:15 -0500.
- Fewer People Rode Washington State Ferries Last Year: Here's Why
Washington State Ferries cited severe weather last February as one of three factors that led to a rare drop in ridership in 2019.
Lucas Combos. Patch. Wed, 15 Jan 2020 02:52:20 -0500.
- Blow to Amazon as Seattle passes new political spending restrictions
Seattle's city council passed a bill that prevents companies like Amazon from spending big in local elections.
CNBC. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:00:52 GMT.
- Seattle reels in spending by "foreign-influenced" companies
The Seattle City Council passed a measure Monday that limits political contributions by "foreign-influenced" corporations.
CBS News. Tue, 14 Jan 2020 07:29:21 -0500.
- Marshawn Lynch's advice to young players: 'Take care of y'all's bodies, take care of y'all's chicken'
Marshawn Lynch gave financial advice to young NFL players after the Seattle Seahawks lost to the Green Bay Packers.
CNBC. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:30:47 GMT.
- Packers hold off Seahawks' rally, reach NFC Championship
grandforksherald - GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Davante Adams made eight receptions for a franchise postseason-record 160 yards and two touchdowns as the Green Bay Packers held on to defeat the visiting Seattle Seahawks 28-23 Sunday, Jan. ...
Grand Forks Herald. Mon, 13 Jan 2020 03:13:31 +0000.
In 2008, the estimated population of Washington was 6,549,224, whereas
in 2006, the population of Washington was about 6,360,529.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Washington's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Washington
web page. For maps of Washington,
visit this Washington Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Olympia, Washington.
Washington newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Washington
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Washington State