Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- 20 Coronavirus Deaths Reported In Wisconsin; 1,221 Cases
Evers said he's working with the Army Corps of Engineers and other agencies to set up voluntary isolation centers and field hospitals.
Scott Anderson. Patch. Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:33:55 -0400.
- Plant-forward cafe at Newaukee's Beacon tied to urban garden, online food school
Newaukee is working with educator and restaurateur Andi Sciacca to open a cafe at the planned Beacon development in Milwaukee.
Sean Ryan. American City Business Journals. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 23:00:00 +0000.
- Woman, 22, describes how coronavirus left her crawling to the bathroom to vomit
Amy Shircel, a 22-year-old woman in Wisconsin, took to Twitter to describe her severe symptoms and visiting the emergency room after contracting Covid
Daily Mail. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:08:20 GMT.
- 19 Coronavirus Deaths Reported In Wisconsin; 2 Sunday Night
There are now 1,112 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state. Here is our running list of who has died as a result of the coronavirus.
Scott Anderson. Patch. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:21:09 -0400.
- Q&A with Johnson Controls CEO on impact of pandemic on manufacturer
Johnson Controls International plc chairman George Oliver believes southeastern Wisconsin's economy, along with national economic conditions, will be able to bounce back quickly after the coronavirus pandemic passes.
Mark Kass. American City Business Journals. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:00:00 +0000.
- Assessing Milwaukee Bucks Salary Cap Situations For 2020-21
How will the NBA hiatus affect the Milwaukee Bucks salary cap situation for the 2020-21 season?
By Brian Sampson, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 29 Mar 2020 11:32:55 +0000.
- DNC Asks Judge to Put Wisconsin Absentee Voting Requirements on Hold
The Democratic National Committee has requested a preliminary injunction placing a hold on the absentee voting requirement so voters can cast their ballot by mail during the coronavirus outbreak.
Newsmax. Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:32:25 EDT.
- Wisconsin Pushes Forward With April 7 Primary Despite Coronavirus
Many other states have delayed elections but Wisconsin leaders are sticking with the date. In part, it's because local and state offices are also on the ballot.
Maayan Silver. NPR. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:32:17 -0400.
- Freight train derails in Elgin, Metra trains delayed
Both inbound and outbound Milwaukee West Line trains will originate and terminate at Bartlett for the time being.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 23 Mar 2020 00:07:55 +0000.
- Doctor tests positive for coronavirus at children's hospital
Some 200 workers and patients were tested for the virus in Milwaukee. So far, no new cases have appeared.
CBS News. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 19:30:00 -0400.
- Democrats sue to expand Wisconsin primary access amid coronavirus worries
The lawsuit seeks to expand access to voting for those who are worried about their health but still want to be able to vote.
CBS News. Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:50:37 -0400.
- Wisconsin: Latest updates on Coronavirus
At least one of the many people who've tested positive in Wisconsin has already recovered from the coronavirus.
Live Science. Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:53:27 +0000.
- Looking Back At The Brewers-Marlins Trade That Brought Christian Yelich To Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers changed their franchise when they traded four prospects to the Miami Marlins for Christian Yelich.
By Bernie Pleskoff, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:12:09 +0000.
- Wisconsin pizza place selling toilet paper to help community struck by shortage: 'Only four per household'
Pizza and toilet paper sounds like a match made in heaven.
Michael Hollan. Fox News. Sun, 15 Mar 2020 15:59:04 GMT.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin