Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Rite-Hite's long-term growth plan for Milwaukee HQ exceeds 400 workers
Rite-Hite Holding Corp. is charting space for its next half-century of growth with a new Milwaukee headquarters that could open in 2022 with about 300 workers.
Sean Ryan. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:37:50 +0000.
- Wisconsin mayor's wife hit with pepper spray during George Floyd protest
The wife of a Wisconsin mayor suffered an injury when she was hit with pepper spray as she took part in in a George Floyd protest, according to a report.
Robert Gearty. Fox News. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:10:38 GMT.
- Wisconsin governor authorizes National Guard to be called in after Madison protest turns violent
Hundreds of volunteers gathered early Sunday morning in downtown Madison to clean up after a night of violent protests over the death of George Floyd.
Chicago Tribune. Sun, 31 May 2020 17:28:06 +0000.
- Iron Horse among Milwaukee-area hotels beginning to reopen
As hotel occupancy continues the very gradual climb back to normalcy in the Milwaukee area, some hotels that had been closed since mid-March are reopening their doors with restrictions in place.
Margaret Naczek. American City Business Journals. Sun, 31 May 2020 13:00:00 +0000.
- Alabama, California, Wisconsin and Arkansas emerge as the latest coronavirus hotspots
Alabama, California, Wisconsin and Arkansas have emerged as the current U.S. coronvirus hotspots after continuing to show an increase in coronavirus cases over the past 14 days.
Daily Mail. Sun, 31 May 2020 07:42:44 GMT.
- Violence in Milwaukee over police shooting
Two nights of protests and violence followed the police killing of Sylville K. Smith
CBS News. Thu, 28 May 2020 22:15:43 -0400.
- Wisconsin Reports its Highest Daily Increase in COVID-19 Cases
Increase comes two weeks after state Supreme Court ends stay-at-home order.
Voice of America. Thu, 28 May 2020 14:32:51 -0400.
- Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry says NBA could decide on reopening by next week
The NBA will hold a board of governors meeting on Friday when league commissioner Adam Silver is expected to present options on resuming, Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry told CNBC.
CNBC. Thu, 28 May 2020 18:23:54 GMT.
- NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo lands ownership stake in sports drink start-up Ready Nutrition
The Milwaukee Bucks star joins Los Angeles Rams star, Aaron Donald, as the only investors in the Pennsylvania-based company.
CNBC. Thu, 28 May 2020 13:30:07 GMT.
- Military sees third coronavirus-related death after Army reservist in Wisconsin dies: Pentagon
The Pentagon announced Tuesday that a U.S. Army reservist based in Wisconsin has died from COVID-19, marking the third coronavirus-related death in the U.S. military.
Danielle Wallace. Fox News. Wed, 27 May 2020 16:15:10 GMT.
- Wisconsin company develops social distancing alarm
A Wisconsin company has developed a social distancing alarm that would allow businesses to monitor their employees, detecting if other workers get closer than 6 feet.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Wed, 27 May 2020 02:24:00 GMT.
- Phenom Tight End Jack Pugh Commits To The Wisconsin Badgers
How will it change the program?
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Mon, 25 May 2020 19:22:28 +0000.
- Indiana, Wisconsin beaches draw Memorial Day weekend tourists, while Chicago lakefront sits empty
Some Indiana and Wisconsin beaches looked like a pre-pandemic summer this Memorial Day weekend. But across state lines, Chicago's lakefront remains closed.
Cate Cauguiran. ABC News. Mon, 25 May 2020 03:40:31 +0000.
- Dry, cool spring leaves Wisconsin town desperate for morels
MUSCODA, Wis. (AP) - The rectangular wooden block is a little bit bigger than a deck of cards. The idea is to blow through the hole at one end to make a sound that is inaudible to the human ear but wakes a slumbering morel mushroom. ...
Barry Adams. Washington Times. Sat, 23 May 2020 01:01:14 -0400.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin