Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Illinois developer buys post office branch building near downtown Milwaukee
Illinois-based Location Finders International bought the U.S. Postal Service building on Juneau Avenue near downtown Milwaukee that could eventually be a prospect for redevelopment.
Sean Ryan. American City Business Journals. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 18:04:16 +0000.
- Pete's Pops eyes new markets, revenue streams as business grows
This year, the ice pops business added a new store in West Allis and a pop-up at the Milwaukee Public Market.
Sari Lesk. American City Business Journals. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 16:34:13 +0000.
- Wisconsin Election Commission cancels 205,000 voter registrations
MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin elections officials said Wednesday that they have removed more than 205,000 voters from the rolls as part of routine work to keep the state's registration lists up to date. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 11:15:22 -0400.
- Sen. Ron Johnson tells constituents FBI had advance knowledge of January 6 riot but did nothing
Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson said after an event in Milwaukee that he didn't believe the FBI somehow 'didn't know' about Jan. 6 despite infiltrating militia groups.
Daily Mail. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:35:05 GMT.
- CBS Sports Ranks Alabama #1 In Its Preseason Top 25, Wisconsin Is 13
Who are you taking to win it all?
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:54:27 +0000.
- John Axford Returns To Milwaukee As Josh Hader Becomes Latest Brewers Reliever Sidelined By Covid-19
John Axford is back in Major League Baseball, back with the Milwaukee Brewers and could be back in the closer's role after Josh Hader landed on the COVID-19 list Tuesday.'
By Andrew Wagner, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:25:32 -0400.
- Adames' bat, Anderson's arm lift Brewers past Braves 2-1
Willy Adames hit an early homer off Charlie Morton, Brett Anderson pitched 5 2/3 strong innings, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Atlanta Braves 2-1 on Sunday.
Fox News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 13:24:11 GMT.
- 2 more Brewers positive for virus; Strickland, Cousins out
Milwaukee Brewers pitchers Jake Cousins and Hunter Strickland tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday and will be placed in quarantine in the latest cases to affect the NL Central leaders.
Fox News. Sun, 01 Aug 2021 00:47:49 GMT.
- Entire States Of Minnesota And Wisconsin Under Air Quality Alerts From Distant Wildfires
Hundreds of fires are burning in Canada while almost 90 are scorching the western U.S. in another historic fire season.
By Nicholas Reimann, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:30:06 -0400.
- New Glarus, Wisconsin offers traditional Swiss heritage, food, all on 1 tank of gas
The charming southern Wisconsin town of New Glarus has kept much of its Swiss heritage and traditions.
Roz Varon. ABC News. Fri, 30 Jul 2021 12:13:24 +0000.
- Former fire chief who died in Wisconsin house explosion remembered as caring man
Neighbors said they heard the explosion from miles away.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 30 Jul 2021 00:22:00 GMT.
- Judge finds probable cause to charge police officer with homicide
A Wisconsin judge finds probable cause to charge police officer Joseph Mensah, who was previously cleared by a district attorney in a fatal shooting.
ABC News. Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:26:13 -0400.
- In the Midwest, Much of Wisconsin Braces for Severe Storms
More than 5.9 million people across the Midwest faced the threat of severe storms that could produce damaging winds and knock out power.
Jesus Jiménez. New York Times. Wed, 28 Jul 2021 23:04:24 +0000.
- Jewelry store to pay out refunds after Milwaukee Bucks win NBA championship
Robert Haack Diamonds has had a long-running contest that if any Milwaukee sports team wins a championship, customers get free jewelry, and this week, for the first time, they have to pay up.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 24 Jul 2021 20:31:00 GMT.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin