Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Here's what we learned about INDYCAR at the Milwaukee Mile
For the first time in nine years, INDYCAR will return to the world's oldest operating racetrack, the Milwaukee Mile at Wisconsin State Fair Park.
Margaret Naczek. American City Business Journals. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 18:53:40 +0000.
- Meet 10 execs in commercial real estate and construction that you need to know
The Milwaukee Business Journal is naming its 10 People to Know in Commercial Real Estate & Construction in southeastern Wisconsin. Find out who made this annual list.
Mark Kass. American City Business Journals. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 18:00:00 +0000.
- Rare pink flamingo sighting on Lake Michigan in Wisconsin draws large crowds
A group of pink flamingos have somehow made their way to Wisconsin drawing in curious bird enthusiasts.
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:25:33 +0000.
- Milwaukee Mile Returns; Texas Motor Speedway Off 2024 NTT IndyCar Series Schedule
A revamped IndyCar Series schedule was announced for 2024 with longtime venue Texas Motor Speedway off the schedule and the historic The Milwaukee Mile returning.
By Bruce Martin, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:00:00 -0400.
- Wisconsin Lawmakers Introduce Marijuana Legalization Bill
A pair of Wisconsin lawmakers last week introduced legislation to legalize recreational and medical marijuana for adults.
By A.j. Herrington, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 24 Sep 2023 12:56:29 -0400.
- Rare flamingo sighting on Lake Michigan in Wisconsin
The flamingos were likely blown off course by Hurricane Idalia.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:05:00 GMT.
- Rowdy night: Brewers 1B pitches 9th of clincher
With the Brewers up 16-1, manager Craig Counsell turned to first baseman Rowdy Tellez to pitch the ninth inning of Milwaukee's playoff-clinching victory.
ESPN. Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:51:18 EST.
- 'Gargantuan' butcher-block wavy flag is a quarter-ton testament to power of patriotism, land of opportunity
Metal Art of Wisconsin completed its most ambitious product yet, a 10-foot-long, 500-pound butcher block American flag as the family-owned company celebrates 10 years of success.
Fox News. Sat, 23 Sep 2023 04:00:34 -0400.
- Wisconsin GOP Lawmakers Move To Impeach Elections Official Over 2020
'I think if Meagan Wolfe stays there, it will be even more problematic for people to believe whatever occurs in 2024 is fair'
Ilan Hulkower. Daily Caller. Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:49:09 +0000.
- What you need to know about Giannis Antetokounmpo's next contract
The two-time MVP can sign an extension starting Friday and up until Oct. 23. Here's why the next month will be nerve wracking for Milwaukee.
Nba Insiders. ESPN. Fri, 22 Sep 2023 10:41:55 EST.
- Nearly 30 TONS of ground beef sold in three states is recalled due to fears it's contaminated with diarrhea bug E.coli
Almost 30 tons of ground beef from Wisconsin-based American Foods Group, LLC, were recalled in Georgia, Michigan, and Ohio after a sample contained Shiga toxin-producing E. coli
Daily Mail. Tue, 19 Sep 2023 18:48:59 GMT.
- Generac recalls more than 60,000 portable generators over burn risk
Wisconsin-based manufacturer received nearly 30 incident reports, including severe burn injuries as result of fuel tank valve issue.
CBS News. Mon, 18 Sep 2023 09:24:00 -0400.
- Republican legislatures flex muscles to keep power in closely divided North Carolina and Wisconsin
In 2020, North Carolina seemed the model of an evenly divided swing state. Then-President Donald Trump barely won, beating Democrat Joe Biden by just over a percentage point. ...
Nicholas Riccardi, Gary Robertson. Washington Times. Mon, 18 Sep 2023 00:01:09 -0400.
- Five things to know as Wisconsin Republicans weigh impeaching Supreme Court justice
Wisconsin Republicans are considering impeaching a newly elected liberal Supreme Court justice in the state over comments she made as a candidate about redistricting and for receiving donations from the state Democratic Party. ...
Caroline Vakil. The Hill. Sun, 17 Sep 2023 16:00:00 +0000.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin