Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Wisconsin police shooting suspect taken into custody in Gary, Indiana
A Wisconsin fugitive accused of shooting a police officer has been taken into custody in Gary, Ind., authorities said Wednesday.
Michael Ruiz. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:49:26 GMT.
- United Airlines adds two nonstop Florida destinations at Milwaukee airport
United Airlines Inc. announced it will add nonstop flights between Milwaukee and two Florida cities beginning this winter.
Margaret Naczek. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:25:50 +0000.
- With PPP closed, here's how many Wisconsin businesses obtained loans
On Aug. 8, the Paycheck Protection Program closed again, still with more than $130 billion unused.
Sari Lesk. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:44:49 +0000.
- Wisconsin state agency tells employees to wear masks during Zoom calls, even if home alone
Under the Gov. Tony Evers' order, Wisconsinites are required to cover up when they are indoors or in an enclosed space with anyone outside their household or living unit.
Daniella Genovese. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:49:42 GMT.
- Half a dozen states hit with derecho storm's hurricane-force winds
Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois were hard-hit by a rare kind of storm Monday, a derecho, with winds hitting 100 mph. Hundreds of thousands of people in the area lost power. Adriana Diaz reports.
CBS News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:33:57 -0400.
- Wisconsin hoping for a smoother election today after chaotic April presidential primary
Absentee voting has again been intense for Wisconsin's primary election today, with some 900,000 such ballots requested by people looking to avoid in-person voting.
Todd Richmond. Chicago Tribune. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:23:12 +0000.
- Wisconsin state agency requires employees to wear masks while teleconferencing
A Wisconsin state agency has required employees to wear masks while teleconferencing from home, the ...
Justine Coleman. The Hill. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:05:50 +0000.
- Democratic National Convention: What to expect at Biden's nomination party
Covid may have spoiled the party in Wisconsin but there's still a lot you need to know about the virtual event.
BBC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:57:39 GMT.
- Chicago quarantine: 3 states removed from COVID-19 emergency travel order, Wisconsin could be next
Three states will be removed from Chicago's COVID-19 travel order on Friday.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:45:53 +0000.
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Wisconsin voters head to the polls again after "the disaster of April 7"
Poll workers still proved difficult to find in August.
CBS News. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 20:58:51 -0400.
- Powerful derecho leaves path of devastation across Midwest
The storm lasted several hours as it tore across eastern Nebraska, Iowa and parts of Wisconsin, had the wind speed of a major hurricane, and likely caused more widespread damage than a normal tornado.
Voice of America. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:01:42 -0400.
- Suspended Wisconsin Officer Assaulted, Shot At By Mob At His Home, Police Say
Suspended Officer Assaulted, Shot At By Mob At His Home, Police Say
Jake Dima. Daily Caller. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:52:29 +0000.
- Boy and man who tried to save him from drowning in Lake Michigan in Wisconsin both die
A 50-year-old man saw them struggling and jumped into the water to help. Authorities say he rescued one boy who made it to shore. But he and the other boy were both pulled underwater.
Chicago Tribune. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:59:37 +0000.
- Wisconsin challenges Kanye West's nomination citing late papers and bogus signatures
Wisconsin Democrats filed a complaint on Friday to block Kanye West from appearing on the presidential ballot, saying he filed nomination papers late and used bogus signatures.
Daily Mail. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 20:30:07 GMT.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin