Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Wisconsin house fire kills 6, including 4 children, investigators say
Six people, including four children, died in a house fire in northern Wisconsin on Tuesday, investigators said.
Talia Kaplan. Fox News. Wed, 26 Jun 2019 00:45:11 GMT.
- Kings & Convicts brewery aims to open in Pleasant Prairie in spring
Kings & Convicts Brewing Co. is on course to open a new brewery, tap room and event hall in Pleasant Prairie in spring 2020 to meet the growing demand for its beer, including in Wisconsin.
Sean Ryan. American City Business Journals. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 17:24:58 +0000.
- Bucks NBA Free Agency Preview: How Milwaukee Could Re-Sign Khris Middleton And Keep Its Core
The Milwaukee Bucks' free agent situation can be described in one word: complicated.
By Brian Sampson, Contributor. Forbes. Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:00:00 +0000.
- Downtown Milwaukee Drury Plaza hotel holding job fair, plans late August opening
The Drury Plaza Hotel Downtown Milwaukee is on course to open in late August, and general manager Chris Palid said he feels good about the local talent pool as he looks to fill about 60 jobs.
Sean Ryan. American City Business Journals. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:23:50 +0000.
- Wisconsin frac sand mines sit dormant as competition grows
Wisconsin's frac sand industry is grappling with several idled mines as the sector faces increased competition in Texas and Oklahoma.
News 9. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:59:00 EDT.
- Severe weather threatens 50 million from Wisconsin to Georgia
More than 50 million are at risk for severe weather from Wisconsin to Georgia on Monday.
ABC News. Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:40:13 -0400.
- Man in Wisconsin charged in death of 5-year-old who found gun
Michael Moore, 25, is charged with neglecting a child resulting in death; he could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted
CBS News. Sun, 23 Jun 2019 21:49:07 -0400.
- Carrie Underwood immortalized in cheese sculpture at Milwaukee stop of Cry Pretty tour
Carrie Underwood likely hit some sharp notes in Milwaukee, where the "Cry Pretty" singer was carved into her very own cheese sculpture.
Jessica Sager. Fox News. Sun, 23 Jun 2019 19:31:24 GMT.
- Wisconsin governor vetoes 4 abortion bills
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin said some of the claims made in support of the legislation were "inflammatory, offensive and blatantly false"
CBS News. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 21:04:42 +0000.
- New Study Reveals Highest, Fastest-Rising Apartment Rates
A new study shows who's paying the most (and least) for an apartment in Southeastern Wisconsin - and where the rates are rising the most.
Scott Anderson. Patch. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 11:37:58 -0400.
- Bucks prepare for free agency after dealing sole draft pick
MILWAUKEE (AP) - The NBA draft came and went without the Milwaukee Bucks adding a player to its roster. Milwaukee drafted Kevin Porter Jr. ...
Keith Jenkins. Washington Times. Fri, 21 Jun 2019 01:11:42 -0400.
- Winners And Losers of Milwaukee Bucks' Trade Of Tony Snell And 30th Pick For Jon Leuer
The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly agreed to trade Tony Snell and the No. 30 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft to the Detroit Pistons for Jon Leuer. Here are the winners and losers of that trade.
By Brian Sampson, Contributor. Forbes. Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:43:49 +0000.
- Racine County, Wisconsin, semi crash, explosion leaves 2 dead, multiple injured; NB lanes of I-94 remain closed
Two people died and two others were seriously injured when a semi crashed, exploded and ignited other vehicles on Interstate 94 in Racine County, Wisconsin.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 20 Jun 2019 02:59:26 +0000.
- The best and worst examples of public pension oversight
Three very different approaches to state employee retirement benefits in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma
Truth In Accounting. Patch. Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:14:44 -0400.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin