Aggregated Wisconsin News Articles
- Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers to extend face mask order
Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers announced that the state again plans to issue an emergency public health order that will require the use of face masks in public spaces.
Margaret Naczek. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:17:59 +0000.
- Meet the 2021 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame inductees
The Milwaukee Business Journal started a 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame in 2015 and honors past winners each year. ...
Mark Kass. American City Business Journals. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:00:00 +0000.
- Wisconsin teen father who allegedly shot newborn daughter, hid body in snow, facing charges: authorities
The suspect initially claimed he gave the infant to a friend to take to an adoption agency.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:01:09 GMT.
- Board suspends license of Wisconsin pharmacist suspected of trying to spoil COVID-19 vaccines
A state board on Wednesday suspended the license of a Wisconsin pharmacist accused of ruining more than 500 doses of COVID-19 vaccine because he thought it was unsafe.
Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:27:03 GMT.
- Teen father shot and killed 'unwanted' newborn baby daughter
Warning: Distressing content A teenage father in the US state of Wisconsin shot his newborn daughter in the head, killing her.He then covered her body in snow and placed her inside a fallen snow-covered tree. Logan ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:35:30 +1200.
- Jacob Blake recalls going 'limp' when shot 7 times by police officer
Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, survived after being shot seven times by a Wisconsin police officer in August 2020.
ABC News. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:32:19 -0500.
- Wisconsin COVID-19: WI reports 2,134 new coronavirus cases, 37 deaths; new strain detected
Wisconsin health officials on Monday reported 2,134 new COVID-19 cases and 37 deaths as health officials confirmed the new more contagious strain of the virus was detected in the state.
Ap. ABC News. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:22:30 +0000.
- Wisconsin Democrats make ad buy calling on Johnson to resign
The Wisconsin Democratic Party is placing a six-figure ad buy calling on Sen. Ron Johnson (R) to resign in the wake of last week's breach of the Capitol."A violent mob attacks the Capitol, incited by power-hungry ...
Max Greenwood. The Hill. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:38:48 +0000.
- Concerned driver captures moment massive truck topples over on a Wisconsin highway
The witness who filmed it said he was following behind the truck near the Miller Park interchange in Milwaukee today.
Daily Mail. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:10:08 GMT.
- In Hiring Marcus Freeman, Notre Dame Outflanks LSU And Gets Its Man
If nothing else, Notre Dame within the past week has acquired tremendous insight into two of its toughest early-season opponents for 2021: Wisconsin on Sept. 25 and Cincinnati on Oct. 2.
By Mike Berardino , Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:41:59 -0500.
- REPORT: Man Charged With Crashing Into White Motorcyclist In Hate Crime Found Mentally Incompetent
'People in Wisconsin who drive Harleys are typically white racists'
John Ruane. Daily Caller. Thu, 07 Jan 2021 16:20:07 +0000.
- Man facing hate crime charges in fatal Wisconsin crash committed to psychiatric facility
A Mexican American man from Wisconsin charged with homicide as a hate crime has been committed to a psychiatric facility.
Associated Press Staff. Chicago Tribune. Thu, 07 Jan 2021 14:25:44 +0000.
- Several NBA teams react to Capitol rioting and Jacob Blake decision
Prosecutors in Wisconsin announced they wouldn't charge the police officer who shot Blake in the back seven times.
CBS News. Thu, 07 Jan 2021 06:11:43 -0500.
- 1B Justin Smoak signs with Tokyo's Yomiuri Giants
TOKYO (AP) - The Yomiuri Giants have agreed to a deal with American first baseman Justin Smoak. Smoak played last season with the Milwaukee Brewers and the San Francisco Giants. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 07 Jan 2021 04:25:10 -0500.
Wisconsin Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Wisconsin as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||5,778,708||0.19|
|July 1, 2015||5,767,891||0.17|
|July 1, 2014||5,758,377||0.27|
|July 1, 2013||5,742,854||0.29|
|July 1, 2012||5,726,177||0.29|
|July 1, 2011||5,709,640||0.34|
|July 1, 2010||5,690,263|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Wisconsin was 5,686,986.
In 2008, the estimated population of Wisconsin was 5,627,967, whereas
in 2006, the population of Wisconsin was about 5,568,505.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Wisconsin's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Wisconsin
web page. For maps of Wisconsin,
visit this Wisconsin Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Madison, Wisconsin.
Wisconsin newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Wisconsin
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Wisconsin