Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Two Indianapolis Police Officers Charged With Assaulting Protesters
The two were indicted after videos taken by TV crews showed officers repeatedly striking one woman with batons and shoving another to the ground, the authorities said.
Michael Levenson. New York Times. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 22:12:46 +0000.
- Wisconsin police shooting suspect taken into custody in Gary, Indiana
A Wisconsin fugitive accused of shooting a police officer has been taken into custody in Gary, Ind., authorities said Wednesday.
Michael Ruiz. Fox News. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:49:26 GMT.
- GM facility to continue building ventilators after completing $489.4 million government contract
GM will lease the building in Kokomo, Indiana, to Ventec Life Systems, a company the automaker partnered with to build the ventilators as the first wave of Covid-19 cases surged in the U.S. this spring.
CNBC. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:34:43 GMT.
- Popcorn Indiana launches new advertising campaign
The ads will appear in USA Today and People Magazine, and the campaign is a mix of print and digital ads that will run through December.
Ben Miller. American City Business Journals. Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:11:23 +0000.
- Indiana man charged with hate crime against Black neighbor for burning cross, displaying swastika
The Justice Department on Thursday charged an Indiana man with a hate crime, saying he displayed swastikas, burning crosses and signs with racial slurs in an attempt to intimidate his Black neighbor.DOJ ...
Zack Budryk. The Hill. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:12:04 +0000.
- Endeavor Louisville expands board of directors with two new executives
Endeavor's regional office based in Louisville works with entrepreneurs and startup companies in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio.
Haley Cawthon. American City Business Journals. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:55:13 +0000.
- Feds: Indiana man burned crosses and displayed swastikas to intimidate his Black neighbor over tree removal
The intimidation began when the neighbor removed a tree from his own property in Lawrence, Indiana, the DOJ said.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 11 Aug 2020 15:31:00 GMT.
- 'Black Lives Matter' mural in Indianapolis defaced about a week after it was painted
Community members woke Sunday morning to the news of white and gray paint being splattered across the Indiana Avenue mural.
Yahoo. Mon, 10 Aug 2020 08:32:56 -0400.
- Endangered Indiana bats losing habitat near Indiana airport
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The Indiana bat, a state and federally endangered species, spends the winter hibernating in caves. But, over time, one of its favorite springtime hangouts has increasingly become well, less bat friendly. ...
Lorena Villanueva-almanza. Washington Times. Sun, 09 Aug 2020 00:01:13 -0400.
- Fort Wayne tests out app that signals for traffic lights to turn green as bicyclist approach
Fort Wayne, Indiana, will implement the GiveMeGreen! app software at nine intersections throughout the city.
Daily Mail. Sat, 08 Aug 2020 22:43:35 GMT.
- US Space Force to sponsor Ed Carpenter Racing at Indy 500
New military branch will be represented at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Gary Gastelu. Fox News. Fri, 07 Aug 2020 12:12:10 GMT.
- Indiana teen pulled from Lake Michigan at Whihala Beach after skateboarding accident
A teenager was pulled from Lake Michigan in an early morning water rescue Thursday, days after another teen was swept out into the lake and is now presumed dead.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 06 Aug 2020 16:55:54 +0000.
- T.J. Warren Is On A Historic Run For The Indiana Pacers
Indiana Pacers forward T.J. Warren is on a historic run of scoring in the NBA bubble.
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 05 Aug 2020 07:30:00 -0400.
- Indiana school returns to in-class learning after student tests positive for COVID-19
Indiana Greenfield-Central Schools Superintendent Harold Olin explains the protocols in place to protect students and staff.
Yahoo. Tue, 04 Aug 2020 17:36:37 -0400.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana