Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Charlotte-based Daramic to close Indiana plant, laying off 74 workers
A Charlotte manufacturer and developer of battery separators for automotive, industrial and specialty applications is shuttering a plant near Louisville, Kentucky, and laying off its 74 workers.
Marty Finley. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 19:41:32 +0000.
- General Motors to Boost Production at North American Plants
General Motors' (GM) plants in Michigan, Indiana and Missouri, which reopened on May 18, are expected to increase from one to three shifts.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:46:00 GMT.
- Demonstrator, 21, loses an EYE after being struck in the face by a police tear gas canister
Balin Brake revealed he suffered the devastating injury at around 5.30pm in Fort Wayne, Indiana, while protesting the death of George Floyd.
Daily Mail. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 02:11:39 GMT.
- Indiana AG Hill: Floyd killing shows racism and police brutality are major problems, but riots intolerable
Our nation is badly in need of racial reconciliation and healing, and it begins by listening and working to understand the concerns of our neighbors.
Curtis Hill. Fox News. Sun, 31 May 2020 14:00:31 GMT.
- Clashes continue for 5th night as anger boils over in dozens of cities
Authorities said three people in Indianapolis were shot Saturday night, including one fatally.
CBS News. Sun, 31 May 2020 09:30:35 -0400.
- Indianapolis riots leave 2 dead after 'multiple shootings' reported downtown, buildings damaged
At least three people were killed after "multiple shootings" were reported in downtown Indianapolis Saturday night into early Sunday morning as protests over the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis turned into violent riots.
Travis Fedschun. Fox News. Sun, 31 May 2020 12:02:37 GMT.
- This date in sports: A.J. Foyt becomes the first driver to win four Indianapolis 500s
On May 29, 1977, A.J. Foyt won his fourth Indianapolis 500 after a tenacious bumper-to-bumper battle with Gordon Johncock.
John Scheibe. Los Angeles Times. Fri, 29 May 2020 09:00:17 -0400.
- Coronavirus Indiana: Gary, Ind. mayor to hold fruit, vegetable giveaway amid pandemic
Mayor Prince and the City of Gary will distribute boxes of fresh fruit and vegetables to 1,680 Gary families every Saturday through the end of June.
Wls. ABC News. Thu, 28 May 2020 12:27:07 +0000.
- What a catch! 9-year-old Southern Indiana boy reels in nearly 100-pound catfish
A boy in Southern Indiana is celebrating reeling in a really big catch.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Thu, 28 May 2020 00:00:00 GMT.
- Indianapolis builder to open first Louisville development
The Indianapolis home builder that acquired Elite Homes Inc. late last year has now proposed its first subdivision in Louisville.
Marty Finley. American City Business Journals. Wed, 27 May 2020 15:01:08 +0000.
- Indiana Primary 2020 early voting sites open in Lake, Porter, LaPorte counties
Early voting sites are now open in parts of Indiana ahead of the state's June 2 primary.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 26 May 2020 13:38:28 +0000.
- This day in sports: 1981 Indianapolis 500 ends in controversy
Memorable sports moments that occurred on May 24, including Bobby Unser making a disputed pass during the 1981 Indianapolis 500.
John Scheibe. Los Angeles Times. Sun, 24 May 2020 08:00:48 -0400.
- Pandemic: The Indiana "Front Porch Portraits"
Families in quarantine step out of their homes for photographer Shane Cleminson
CBS News. Sun, 24 May 2020 07:30:24 -0400.
- Alonso is a virtual winner at Indianapolis as Andretti debuts
Fernando Alonso won at Indianapolis, in the virtual world at least, on Saturday in a field featuring 80-year-old U.S. great Mario Andretti and a cast of Indy 500 winners and Formula One champions.
Reuters. Sat, 23 May 2020 15:58:51 -0400.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana