Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Thanks To Years Of Hard Work, Jeremy Lamb Makes The Best Of An Unwieldy Skill Set
Jeremy Lamb has a cumbersome set of skills in the modern NBA, but he makes the most of it and will bring his talents to Indiana.
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 07:00:00 -0400.
- Indiana man accused of pointing gun at motorist while driving on I-394
An Indiana man is facing a felony charge after he allegedly pointed a gun at a driver while traveling on the I-394 Expressway last week.
Sun-times Media Wire. ABC News. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:51:57 +0000.
- Texans Lonnie Johnson Jr. offers to pay for funeral of Gary high school football player
A 14-year-old boy died in an accidental drowning last week in Gary, Indiana. Johnson heard about the tragic death via social media.
Ktrk. ABC News. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 05:21:04 +0000.
- Ex-northwestern Indiana mayor fighting federal convictions
HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) - A former northwestern Indiana mayor is continuing to fight the bribery and tax obstruction convictions that forced him from office earlier this year. ...
Washington Times. Sat, 21 Sep 2019 09:55:39 -0400.
- Global Climate Strike takes over New York, Boston and Washington DC as hundreds of thousands protest
Climate change protests took over big cities across the country on Friday, with hundreds of thousands skipping school in of Boston, Washington DC, Omaha, Indianapolis and Greenborough.
Daily Mail. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 21:09:27 GMT.
- Fate Of Fetal Remains Unclear As Investigation Continues In Indiana
More than 2,200 medically preserved fetal remains were found at the home of a recently deceased former abortion provider. The discovery has led to calls for the remains to be formally buried.
Sarah Mccammon. NPR. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:08:31 -0400.
- Ex-CEO of Indiana drug company gets 3 years for defrauding FDA, tampering with drugs: prosecutors
A former CEO of an Indiana drug companying company has been convicted of defrauding the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and tampering with drugs will spend nearly three years behind bars, federal prosecutors said Thursday.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 22:46:44 GMT.
- Ex-compounding pharmacy CEO sentenced in drug-potency case
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A former central Indiana compounding pharmacy executive who was convicted of federal charges stemming from drug-potency problems has been sentenced to almost three years behind bars. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 06:30:59 -0400.
- Elorza Throws 2020 Election Support Behind Mayor Pete
The Providence mayor is one of more than 50 across the country to support their South Bend, Indiana counterpart.
Rachel Nunes. Patch. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:33:39 -0400.
- Beyond Premium Talent And Benevolence, Malcolm Brogdon Brings An Ideal Fit With Victor Oladipo To Indiana
Malcolm Brogdon is a talented player, but perhaps the best thing he brings to the Pacers is being the perfect fit next to Victor Oladipo.
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:09:55 -0400.
- Indianapolis cop accused of punching student facing criminal charges, prosecutors say
An Indianapolis cop is facing a slew of criminal charges over allegations that he punched a 17-year-old student, prosecutors announced Monday.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Mon, 16 Sep 2019 18:56:00 GMT.
- The state of the 2020 presidential election in Texas
Austin, Texas Mayor Steve Adler says he's supporting South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. ...
CBS News. Sun, 15 Sep 2019 16:56:30 -0400.
- Why Some Special Needs Students Struggled With ILEARN Accommodations
Chalkbeat Indiana recently surveyed parents and educators on their experiences with ILEARN.
Chalkbeat. Patch. Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:29:56 -0400.
- Indiana artist draws an 'Aztec Selena' in honor the 'Queen of Tejano' singer
A Northwest Indiana artist recently received an "overwhelming" amount of love from Selena fans after he posted an Aztec drawing of the "Queen of Tejano" on Facebook earlier this week.
By Priscilla Aguirre. San Antonio Express News. Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:21:50 UTC.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana