Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Indiana COVID-19 Update: IN reports 4,744 new coronavirus cases, 42 deaths
Indiana reported 4,744 new COVID-19 cases and 42 deaths Friday.
Ap. ABC News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:03:06 +0000.
- Sabonis has 23 pts, 15 boards as Pacers down Blazers 111-87
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The Indiana Pacers figured if they slowed down Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum, they'd have a good chance against the Portland Trail Blazers. The tactic worked. ...
Anne M. Peterson. Washington Times. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:42:48 -0500.
- Corey Johnson, Virginia killer of 7, executed after SCOTUS coronavirus ruling
A drug trafficker sentenced to die for his ties to seven murders in Virginia in 1992 was executed Thursday night in Indiana after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling on his coronavirus diagnosis cleared the way for his death, according to reports.
Dom Calicchio. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 05:36:02 GMT.
- Indiana COVID-19 Update: IN reports 4,411 new coronavirus cases, 40 deaths
Indiana reported 4,411 new COVID-19 cases and 40 deaths Thursday.
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 17:44:38 +0000.
- Conversion therapy ban introduced in Indiana
Senator J.D. Ford, the first openly LGBTQ legislator in Indiana, has announced a bill to ban the discredited anti-LGBTQ practice.
CBS News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:46:22 -0500.
- Autism therapy centers hiring 400 in Ohio
An Indiana-based chain of clinics continues to expand its footprint in Ohio and nationally.
Dbj Staff. American City Business Journals. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 14:24:49 +0000.
- South Western Communications acquires Kansas City-based All Systems
An Indiana technology solutions company acquired a Kansas City company with about 75 employees.
Ellen Cagle. American City Business Journals. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:05:29 +0000.
- With Victor Oladipo Trade For Caris LeVert, Indiana Pacers Opt For Younger, Controllable Asset
In trading Victor Oladipo to Houston for Caris LeVert, the Indiana Pacers opted for a younger, more controllable asset rather than risk losing Oladipo for nothing next summer in free agency.
By Shlomo Sprung, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 19:36:57 -0500.
- Indiana Pacers Center Myles Turner Is Making An Early Case For Defensive Player Of The Year
Indiana Pacers center Myles Turner has been one of the best defensive players in the NBA so far this season. Could he win Defensive Player of the Year?
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:36:34 -0500.
- Federal government executes womb raider killer Lisa Montgomery
Lisa Montgomery, 52, was pronounced dead at 1.31am on Wednesday at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana, saying 'no' when asked if she had any final words.
Daily Mail. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 14:26:59 GMT.
- Officials: More contagious variant of the coronavirus found in Indiana
A more contagious variant of the coronavirus that was first identified in the United Kingdom late last year has been found in Indiana, state health officials announced Monday.
Associated Press Staff. Chicago Tribune. Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:55:10 +0000.
- Nebraska's second half rally comes up short in 84-76 loss to Indiana
Huskers have now lost 22 consecutive Big Ten games.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:46:00 GMT.
- 2020 NFL season in review: How the season finished, what's next for eliminated playoff teams
What's next for these teams in 2021? Pittsburgh's focus will be retaining talent, while Chicago, Washington and Indianapolis must figure out their QBs.
ESPN. Sun, 10 Jan 2021 23:41:23 EST.
- Bills hold off Colts for first playoff win since '95
Playing in front of a home crowd for the first time this season, the Buffalo Bills beat the Indianapolis Colts 27-24 for their first playoff win since 1995.
ESPN. Sat, 9 Jan 2021 22:26:29 EST.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana