Aggregated Indiana News Articles
- Black man who says he was attacked in 'attempted lynching' charged with assault
Indiana civil rights activist Vauhxx Booker has been charged with misdemeanor trespass and felony battery on white men whom he accused last year of threatening to lynch him.
Daily Mail. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 21:30:18 GMT.
- Indiana Pacers Add Depth Early In Free Agency With T.J. McConnell And Torrey Craig Signings
The Indiana Pacers struck quickly in free agency, adding T.J. McConnell and Torrey Craig to an already deep roster.
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 04 Aug 2021 13:03:55 -0400.
- Inotiv, an Indiana public company, buys local firm as part of ongoing St. Louis expansion
The acquisition comes as the Indiana firm is in the process of expanding its facility in Maryland Heights.
Nathan Rubbelke. American City Business Journals. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 18:09:56 +0000.
- Indiana state trooper rescues dog running through traffic on I-65
An Indiana state trooper rescued a dog that was found running in and out of traffic, Indiana State Police said Sunday.
Wls. ABC News. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 14:13:58 +0000.
- Google parent's 'moonshot factory' will play a key role in AES Ohio's smart grid strategy
In collaboration with Alphabet Inc.'s secretive "X" division, AES Corp. is developing tools that will shape its next-generation smart grid in Ohio, Indiana and across its footprint.
Jacob Fisher. American City Business Journals. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 12:07:46 +0000.
- Black Indiana man faces charges over incident in which he was assaulted
A Black man who alleged that a group of white men assaulted him and threatened to "get ...
Natalie Prieb. The Hill. Tue, 03 Aug 2021 00:44:59 +0000.
- Colts' QB Carson Wentz out 5-12 weeks with broken foot
Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich couldn't wait to start working with quarterback Carson Wentz on the field.
Fox News. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 19:09:15 GMT.
- What Tools Do The Indiana Pacers Have To Improve In Free Agency?
The Indiana Pacers roster is almost completely finalized for 2021-22. What tools do they have to improve in free agency?
By Tony East, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 02 Aug 2021 12:51:06 -0400.
- Indianapolis funeral home shooting leaves multiple injured, including 4-year-old in critical condition: report
A shooting outside of a funeral home in Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon left five people injured, including a 4-year-old girl in critical condition, FOX59 reports.
Paul Best. Fox News. Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:19:15 GMT.
- Indiana Silver Alert canceled for 2 missing girls in 'extreme danger,' police say
A Silver Alert has been canceled in Indiana for two young girls believed to be in "extreme danger," according to Indiana State Police.
Wls. ABC News. Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:30:11 +0000.
- Jobless Florida residents sue to get their federal pandemic benefits back
Unemployed Floridians in Broward County join peers in Oklahoma, Texas and Indiana in fighting for extra $300 a week in aid.
CBS News. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:44:00 -0400.
- New Husker Athletic Director preaching incremental growth on football field
Trev Alberts introduced himself to Big Ten officials in Indianapolis.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Mon, 26 Jul 2021 03:49:00 GMT.
- Big Ten Conference meeting wrapped up this afternoon in Indianapolis
Day one of Big Ten media days was all about alignment, Day two of Big Ten media days was all about re-alignment.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:48:00 GMT.
- GM forced to halt most large pickup truck production due to chip shortage
GM confirmed production cuts Wednesday for plants in Michigan, Indiana and Mexico that produce the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups.
CNBC. Wed, 21 Jul 2021 21:52:15 GMT.
Indiana Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Indiana as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||6,633,053||0.31|
|July 1, 2015||6,612,768||0.27|
|July 1, 2014||6,595,233||0.40|
|July 1, 2013||6,569,102||0.48|
|July 1, 2012||6,537,743||0.33|
|July 1, 2011||6,516,480||0.40|
|July 1, 2010||6,490,528|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Indiana was 6,483,802.
In 2008, the estimated population of Indiana was 6,376,792, whereas
in 2006, the population of Indiana was about 6,294,124.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Indiana's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Indiana
web page. For maps of Indiana,
visit this Indiana Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Indiana newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Indiana
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Indiana