Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Luxury Northern Virginia resort files layoff notice for 225 employees
The notice was filed in late may but was effective in March.
Rebecca Cooper. American City Business Journals. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 21:22:02 +0000.
- Glamorous dummies enforce pandemic safety at Michelin-starred Virginia restaurant
It's not your typical Michelin-starred feast experience, dining near life-size mannequins clad in glamorous 1940's style. It could be considered quite unconventional but then again, so is almost everything else right now.
Reuters. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:44:32 -0400.
- Norfolk Southern Hurt By Low Volumes Amid Coronavirus Woes
Norfolk Southern (NSC) faces softness in volumes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, its efforts to curb costs bode well.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Mon, 01 Jun 2020 14:25:00 GMT.
- Reopened Virginia restaurant fills dining room with midcentury mannequins
Virginia's The Inn at Little Washington reopened Friday evening with an inventive solution in place. ...
CBS News. Sat, 30 May 2020 11:26:53 -0400.
- Members of fighter squadron taken off USS Gerald R. Ford after sailor tests positive for coronavirus
The sailor, a member of the 'Fighting Blacklions,' tested positive for coronavirus on Wednesday, the day before the aircraft carrier departed from Virginia's Naval Station Norfolk.
Daily Mail. Sat, 30 May 2020 14:06:14 GMT.
- Virginia Hospital Center talked with Amazon about delivering Covid-19 test kits
Amazon hasn't ruled out using its excess Covid-19 screening for those outside the company.
Jonathan Capriel. American City Business Journals. Thu, 28 May 2020 15:34:18 +0000.
- Bertha weakens to tropical depression after making landfall in South Carolina
Bertha, the second named storm this Atlantic hurricane season, has weakened to a tropical depression but was still expected to bring heavy rain and possibly life-threatening flash floods to parts of the Carolinas and Virginia, the U.S. ...
Reuters. Wed, 27 May 2020 15:02:49 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Bertha brings potential flooding for Carolinas, Virginia
Bertha made landfall as a tropical storm Wednesday east of Charleston, S.C., bringing winds and heavy rain to the region before weakening to a tropical depression.
Yahoo. Wed, 27 May 2020 14:54:02 -0400.
- Men Who Guard Tomb of Unknown Soldier Share Memorial Day Message
It’s one of the most coveted positions in the military: the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. It’s not just that it’s a position few will ever hold. ...
C. Douglas Golden. Western Journal. Wed, 27 May 2020 15:09:09 +0000.
- Offshore wind project near Virginia Beach to use giant turbines with 108-meter blades
Details of the turbine, from Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, were released last week.
CNBC. Wed, 27 May 2020 14:30:30 GMT.
- Tropical Storm Bertha makes landfall in South Carolina, heavy rain in store for Carolinas, Virginia
The second named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season formed Wednesday along the South Carolina coast, days before the storm season officially kicks off.
Travis Fedschun Brandon Noriega. Fox News. Wed, 27 May 2020 13:24:23 GMT.
- Virginia Gov. Northam's new rules mandate face masks for indoor public places
Virginians are now required to wear face masks when in public indoor areas, Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday.
Caitlin Mcfall. Fox News. Tue, 26 May 2020 22:22:11 GMT.
- Senior citizens "adopt" seniors in high school
Since high school seniors are missing out on milestones, senior citizens from a retirement home in Virginia are taking them under their wing and offering them advice via Zoom.
CBS News. Mon, 25 May 2020 15:01:51 -0400.
- Trump tweets from the golf course as U.S. virus death toll nears 100,000
As the American death toll from the coronavirus approached 100,000 on Sunday, President Trump was on the golf course in Virginia.
Yahoo. Mon, 25 May 2020 11:39:57 -0400.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia