Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Florida man charged with making racist threats asks for bond
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man charged with cyberstalking and making racist threats against a black activist seeking to run for office in Virginia is asking to be released on bond, saying he is no flight risk. ...
Washington Times. Mon, 23 Sep 2019 01:12:27 -0400.
- VA, DC Dream Homes: Ties To Washington Family, Woodland Escapes
Home on the market in Virginia and DC include an 11-bedroom mansion and places to see fall foliage.
Emily Leayman. Patch. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:08:16 -0400.
- MI6 fears Russia could have dirt on Prince Andrew's alleged romp with Jeffrey Epstein 'sex slave'
British spies reportedly fear Russia has information about Prince Andrew's relationship with Virginia Roberts Giuffre (seen left with Andrew and right on her own). Jeffrey Epstein is seen inset.
Daily Mail. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:38:57 GMT.
- 16 Cases Of Vaping-Related Illnesses Confirmed In Virginia
The number of confirmed cases of severe vaping-related lung illness in Virginia has increased to 16, in addition to seven suspected cases.
Virginia Capital News Service. Patch. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 23:42:44 -0400.
- Prince Andrew 'was an abuser', says Epstein accuser
Virginia Giuffre says in a US TV interview that she was "trafficked" to the Duke of York.
BBC News. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 23:25:43 GMT.
- Life sciences company expands in Virginia
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A life sciences company plans to spend $64 million to expand a bioanalytical lab in Virginia and create 200 new jobs. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 04:43:47 -0400.
- Radar picks up huge swarm of dragonflies in parts of southeast U.S.
The National Weather Service radar showed the large blob extending from Virginia to North Carolina
CBS News. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:05:36 +0000.
- Plan a Road Trip to Virginia for the Most Beautiful Fall Color
Fall is arguable the South's best season, when shorter days and the first hint of cool air promise a welcome relief from summertime heat and humidity.
Southern Living. Southern Living. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:03:08 +0000.
- Ellingham Hospital: Children's mental health wards to close
Inspectors have raised concerns at Ellingham Hospital in Norfolk over safety due a lack of staff.
BBC News. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:05:15 GMT.
- Tony Bennett Reaches Extension With Virginia, Rejects Raise
Tony Bennett just refused a raise from the Virginia Cavaliers. In return, many are celebrating the head coach.
By Joseph Nardone, Contributor. Forbes. Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:02:26 -0400.
- Virginia Basketball Coach Tony Bennett Declines Raise, Gives The Money To His Staff
What do you think of the move?
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:19:18 +0000.
- Virginia couples no longer required to list race on marriage applications, attorney general says
Couples planning to get married in Virginia are no longer required to provide their race on marriage applications, the state's attorney general told state clerks on Friday.
Nicole Darrah. Fox News. Sun, 15 Sep 2019 17:43:25 GMT.
- Students Dazzled by Rankings May Overlook Best Schools for Them
One Virginia high school counselor suggests families use the ranking information as a starting point.
Voice of America. Sun, 15 Sep 2019 00:49:26 -0400.
- Virginia AG quiet on potential probe of Jerry Falwell Jr.'s Liberty U. after bombshell report
A Politico article detailed alleged self-dealing by Liberty University president Jerry Falwell Jr., a leading backer of President Donald Trump.
CNBC. Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:16 GMT.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia