Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Virginia kindergartner hugs each classmate when school day ends
There's a story out of Virginia that we were able to wrap our arms around.
Wabc. ABC News. Sun, 24 Oct 2021 18:28:02 +0000.
- Obama calls Virginia governor's race a turning point for the nation
Obama and McAuliffe, who served as the state's governor from 2014 to 2018, spoke before a cheering crowd at VCU in Richmond with just 10 days to go before the November 2 election.
Daily Mail. Sun, 24 Oct 2021 05:15:59 GMT.
- Obama hits campaign trail ahead of gubernatorial elections in 2 states
Former President Barack Obama campaigned in Virginia and New Jersey to get out the vote for former Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Gov. Phil Murphy.
ABC News. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 21:41:19 -0400.
- Virginia Democrats sue USPS over delayed delivery of election-related material
The lawsuit alleges the USPS failed to deliver and process election-related material ahead of its high stakes gubernatorial race, thereby "threatening to disenfranchise thousands of Virginia voters."
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 18:37:00 GMT.
- Virginia governor's race: How to vote
Virginia's gubernatorial election looms with less than two weeks left to vote for governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, members on the House of Delegates, and some local office candidates.
Caitlin Mcfall. Fox News. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 13:35:12 GMT.
- In dead-even Virginia governor's race, McAuliffe battles Democrats' enthusiasm gap
In the hotly contested Virginia gubernatorial race between former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Republican nominee Glenn Youngkin, McAuliffe battles a Democratic enthusiasm gap.
Paul Steinhauser. Fox News. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:55:59 GMT.
- Long Covid forces Norfolk nurse of 25 years to quit beloved job
Illness has left Kathryn Crofts with badly-damaged lungs and a possible heart problem.
BBC News. Sat, 23 Oct 2021 07:03:30 GMT.
- Norfolk sand: Has a colossal experiment worked?
- Voting rights loom large for Virginia's Black electorate in razor-tight governor's race
Black voters in Virginia are banking on Democrat Terry McAuliffe to protect voting rights, mirroring a similar battle that’s loomed large on the national stage. Supporters of Mr. ...
Mica Soellner. Washington Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:47:16 -0400.
- Abortion, schools take center stage in Virginia governor's election ad wars
National issues such as abortion and schools have taken center stage in Virginia's television ad wars between former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glen Youngkin.
CNBC. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 20:42:30 GMT.
- Doug Wilder accuses Kamala Harris of illegal campaigning with church ad for McAuliffe
Former Virginia Gov. Douglas Wilder accused Vice President Kamala Harris of illegally campaigning for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe by having churches play a video endorsement asking attendees for their support. Mr. ...
Mica Soellner, Alex Swoyer and Mica Soellner, Alex Swoyer. Washington Times. Fri, 22 Oct 2021 15:17:00 -0400.
- Longtime Greater Cincinnati contractor acquired
A longtime Greater Cincinnati telecommunications contractor has been acquired by a Virginia company.
Bill Cieslewicz. American City Business Journals. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:06:54 +0000.
- "Dark money"-backed group to air ads in Virginia slamming McAuliffe
The ads launch as Republicans make education their closing message in Virginia's Governor's race.
CBS News. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:06:00 -0400.
- Former Carlyle Group CEO could knock Democrats out of Virginia's governor's office. Here's what to know
Without any other big races this fall, all eyes are on Virginia as Democrats try to weather a decline in President Joe Biden's approval ratings.
CNBC. Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:17:00 GMT.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia