Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Queen's funeral: Policing an 'enormous success', says police chief
Thousands of officers from across the UK supported events in London, Windsor, Norfolk and Scotland.
BBC News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:33:27 GMT.
- Virginia Gov. Youngkin says 'silent thief' of inflation, worsening border crisis at the top of voters' minds
Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin told Fox News Digital that inflation, education, and the border crisis are at the top of voters' minds ahead of the midterm elections.
Paul Best. Fox News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:50:24 GMT.
- Virginia man wins $3m lottery jackpot three years after his brother scooped $1m in an earlier win
A Virginia man is celebrating a big lottery payout after winning the $3 million top prize, taking home $1,875,000 before taxes, three years after his brother won $1 million in the same scratcher game.
Daily Mail. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 04:22:04 GMT.
- Bird strike stops train dead in its tracks
A bird strike caused train damage, leaving passengers stuck on board for three hours in Norfolk.
BBC News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:48:08 GMT.
- Large, modern Triad fitness facility sells for $7.38 million
The occupant sells building to a Virginia investor.
John Brasier. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:46:06 +0000.
- Despite Virginia's rough start, Brennan Armstrong is right where he wants to be
A year after Armstrong blossomed into one of the top QBs in the country, things in Charlottesville look bleak.
ESPN. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:42:36 EST.
- Howard Hughes looks to Reston, Virginia, as Columbia's inspiration
The developer is advancing the Columbia redevelopment with the kickoff of a $45 million medical office building on Lake Kittamaqundi.
Melody Simmons. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:26:06 +0000.
- US City Rushes to Help Sister City in Southwestern Ukraine
Chrystia Sonevytsky of Arlington, Virginia, says she has always felt a connection with Ukraine, where her roots are. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 09:51:02 -0400.
- Virginia Thomas Agrees to Interview With Jan. 6 Panel
The committee has sought for months to interview Ms. Thomas, the wife of Justice Clarence Thomas, about her involvement in efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
Luke Broadwater and Maggie Haberman. New York Times. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 01:41:26 +0000.
- Virginia Thomas, wife of Supreme Court justice, agrees to interview with Jan. 6 panel
Attorney Mark Paoletta said Thomas is "eager to answer the committee's questions to clear up any misconceptions about her work relating to the 2020 election."
Ap. ABC News. Thu, 22 Sep 2022 00:54:32 +0000.
- Youngkin hits campaign trail for Kemp and Trump-backed GOP candidates
The Virginia governor is the latest potential 2024 Republican candidate to campaign in other states this midterm cycle.
CBS News. Tue, 20 Sep 2022 06:00:18 -0400.
- Youngkin Gloriously Delivers on His Promises with 2 Words the Left Will Hate
Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin has, with a mere two words, asserted the rights of parents in the Commonwealth of Virginia. ...
Matthew Holloway. Western Journal. Sun, 18 Sep 2022 14:52:50 +0000.
- Virginia Dwan, influential L.A. gallerist and risk-taking arts patron, dies
Pioneering art collector and gallery owner Virginia Dwan dies at age 90.
Catherine Wagley. Los Angeles Times. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 17:34:33 GMT.
- University Of Virginia Will Rebate Recent Undergraduate Tuition Increase
The University of Virginia Board of Visitors has announced that it has approved a one-time $690 credit to in-state undergraduate students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
By Michael T. Nietzel, Senior Contributor. Forbes. Sat, 17 Sep 2022 07:15:00 -0400.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia