Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Cop told Capitol rioter 'it's your house now' and gave him a HUG, FBI affidavit reveals
Robert Bauer went to the Capitol rally alongside Virginia cousin Edward Hemenway. An FBI affidavit reveals Bauer told the FBI an officer hugged him as he allowed him into the building.
Daily Mail. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 23:47:47 GMT.
- Virginia National Guard corporal Jacob Fracker and fellow police officer charged in U.S. Capitol riot
Jacob Fracker and Thomas Robertson are charged in the riot that came after President Trump's rally. National Guard members now guard the Capitol.
CNBC. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:13:00 GMT.
- Federal government executes convicted killer following prolonged legal fight
Corey Johnson was sentenced to die after he was convicted of killing seven people in 1992 as a part of the drug trade in Virginia.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 16:38:00 GMT.
- Corey Johnson, Virginia killer of 7, executed after SCOTUS coronavirus ruling
A drug trafficker sentenced to die for his ties to seven murders in Virginia in 1992 was executed Thursday night in Indiana after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling on his coronavirus diagnosis cleared the way for his death, according to reports.
Dom Calicchio. Fox News. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 05:36:02 GMT.
- Drug trafficker Corey Johnson executed for role in gang slayings
The US government executed a drug trafficker Thursday for his involvement in a series of slayings in Virginia's capital city in 1992, despite claims by his lawyers that the lethal injection would cause excruciating pain due to ...
New Zealand Herald. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 17:32:46 +1200.
- Signet's move into selling jewelry online yields strong holiday results, CEO says
"Our team has done an amazing job bringing new technology so that we can unlock the selling of jewelry online," Signet CEO Virginia Drosos said.
CNBC. Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:59:54 GMT.
- REPORT: Virginia Rep. Bob Good Had Staff Present At Capitol Hill Riots
He condemned the violence
Devan Coombes. Daily Caller. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 23:18:43 +0000.
- Two Virginia Police Officers Arrested For Invading The Capitol
"CNN and the Left are just mad because we actually attacked the government, who is the problem," one wrote on social media.
By Tommy Beer, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:32:58 -0500.
- Virginia National Guard accepting donations, care packages for troops in Washington, DC
The Guard initially rebuffed donations, but the Virginia Guard has offered to help out.
Peter Aitken. Fox News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 14:41:28 GMT.
- Rep. Spanberger on requesting investigation into "suspicious activity" before Capitol Hill attack
Virginia Democratic Representative Abigail Spanberger joins "CBS This Morning" to discuss joining over 30 members of Congress in calling for an investigation on "suspicious activity" before the Capitol Hill attack.
CBS News. Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:40:16 -0500.
- 2 Virginia police officers face federal charges in Capitol riots
One officer claimed the two were escorted by Capitol Police, but prosecutors say he wrote he "attacked the government."
CBS News. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 22:56:25 -0500.
- Housing cost pressures for low-income N. Va. families were highest in U.S. even before Covid-19 hit, report finds
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia's researchers warn that many families could be displaced.
Alex Koma. American City Business Journals. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 16:53:27 +0000.
- Virginia Tech's Potomac Yard campus scores $7.4 million alumni gift to support AI research
The majority of the donation will fund programming at the Sanghani Center for Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics.
Jonathan Capriel. American City Business Journals. Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:00:00 +0000.
- Virginia 12-year-old killed by exploding grenade, feds say
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia