Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Jerry Falwell Jr. sues Liberty University for firing him over pool boy sex scandal
In a lawsuit filed on Thursday in Virginia, he claims the Christian school affirmed the 'false' claims of 29-year-old Giancarlo Granda and damaged his reputation as a result.
Daily Mail. Fri, 30 Oct 2020 03:16:53 GMT.
- Virginia judge rules in partial favor of GOP-led election integrity lawsuit
A Virginia judge ruled partially in favor of a Republican-led lawsuit that sought to block mail-in ballots with missing or unreadable postmarks that arrive after Election Day.
Michael Ruiz. Fox News. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 23:57:27 GMT.
- Roy Cooper, two other governors team up for regional wind energy development
N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper and counterparts in Virginia and Maryland sign a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in offshore wind energy development with an eye on attracting an economic hub for that industry.
John Downey. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 21:46:00 +0000.
- Earnings Preview: Penn Virginia (PVAC) Q3 Earnings Expected to Decline
Penn Virginia (PVAC) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:35:45 GMT.
- Maryland joins multi-state collaboration to advance offshore wind development
Maryland has joined Virginia and North Carolina in an agreement to share resources and work together to advance offshore wind energy in the region.
Carley Milligan. American City Business Journals. Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:27:44 +0000.
- Virginia governor signs criminal justice and police reforms
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Gov. ...
Washington Times. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:30:49 -0400.
- Judge rules Virginia must reject late ballots with no postmark
A judge in Virginia ruled Wednesday that the state cannot count ballots that arrive after Election Day and do not contain a postmark. Judge William W. ...
Stephen Dinan. Washington Times. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:26:00 -0400.
- Virginia Governor Signs Police Reform Bills Including Banning No-Knock Search Warrants, Neck Holds
The bills were inspired by recent police brutality and racism protests.
By Elana Lyn Gross, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 15:06:51 -0400.
- 'Breonna's Law' signed in Virginia, the third state to prohibit no-knock search warrants
The move toward more no-knock bans was sparked by the March death of Breonna Taylor, who was fatally shot by police.
Yahoo. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:10:35 -0400.
- Virginia nursing home reports 16 deaths, 105 infections
Long-term care facilities in Virginia have had 478 COVID-19 outbreaks, 13,000 cases and 1,754 deaths, officials say.
CBS News. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:25:35 -0400.
- Norfolk Southern (NSC) Q3 Earnings Beat, Revenues Fall Y/Y
Norfolk Southern's (NSC) Q3 earnings benefit from low costs. However, decline in volumes weigh on the top line.
Zacks Equity Research. Zacks. Wed, 28 Oct 2020 15:45:00 GMT.
- 'One step closer': Virginia judge rules Robert E. Lee statue in Richmond can be removed pending possible appeal
An attorney for the plaintiffs says his clients will appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court. Four other statues have already come down.
Yahoo. Tue, 27 Oct 2020 22:18:32 -0400.
- Virginia man found in car trunk after crash in Miami: police
Authorities found the body of an aspiring hip-hop artist inside the trunk of a Virginia man's car after he crashed on a Miami highway, police said.
Fox News. Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:41:37 GMT.
- Cranswick Country Foods meat plant Covid-19 cases reach 144
Norfolk County Council says the positive test rate at the plan is a "cause for concern".
BBC News. Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:05:07 GMT.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia