Aggregated Virginia News Articles
- Fifth Group Restaurants confirms details for next Atlanta venture
The Atlanta restaurant group is replacing its Tex-Mex concept in Virginia-Highland.
Chris Fuhrmeister. American City Business Journals. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 20:03:08 +0000.
- Linkbank closes $168 million acquisition of Maryland bank
The addition of Partners Bancorp gives Linkbank a presence in the Delmarva Peninsula, Northern Virginia and South Jersey.
Garrett Dvorkin. American City Business Journals. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 19:58:51 +0000.
- Maryland man allegedly stole $50K in clothing from Saks Fifth Avenue in monthlong spree
Olatune Oladinni, 41, was arrested after allegedly stealing $50,000 in luxury items from a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Tyson's Corner, Virginia.
Fox News. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 13:52:38 -0500.
- Virginia museum returns 44 stolen ancient artworks following investigation
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts has initiated the return of 44 ancient art pieces to their countries of origin following an investigation by law enforcement.
Fox News. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 12:11:10 -0500.
- Five clifftop homes to be demolished in Norfolk village blighted by coastal erosion
Great Yarmouth Borough Council said a number of properties in The Marrams in Hemsby were subsequently inspected and a decision has been taken to demolish five.
Daily Mail. Wed, 06 Dec 2023 15:23:40 +0000.
- Sources: New Mexico targets Mendenhall for HC
Bronco Mendenhall, whose teams at BYU and Virginia were bowl-eligible in 16 of 17 seasons, is expected to finalize a deal to coach at New Mexico, sources told ESPN.
Pete Thamel. ESPN. Tue, 5 Dec 2023 18:21:54 EST.
- Suspect James Yoo believed killed in Virginia house explosion
Police were trying to serve a search warrant at a home in Arlington when it exploded.
BBC News. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 21:48:57 GMT.
- Suspect In D.C.-Area Home Explosion Presumed Dead, Police Say
Videos of the Arlington, Virginia, home erupting in flames went viral over the past 24 hours.
By Ana Faguy, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 16:24:11 -0500.
- An explosion leveled a home in Arlington, Virginia, as officers tried to serve a search warrant
A massive explosion at a duplex where police were investigating reports of shots fired shook a Washington, D.C, suburb Monday and destroyed the home.
Ap. ABC News. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 17:11:34 +0000.
- An explosion leveled a home in Arlington, Virginia, as officers tried serve a search warrant
Officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding a massive explosion that destroyed a duplex and shook a Virginia suburb of Washington, D.C.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 16:55:00 GMT.
- House Erupts in Massive Explosion as Police Serve Search Warrant
An hours-long standoff in Arlington, Virginia, ended Monday night with a thunderous explosion that destroyed a house in which a suspect had defied police commands to emerge. ...
Jack Davis. Western Journal. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 13:51:46 +0000.
- House in Virginia Explodes as Police Prepare to Serve Search Warrant
Police said that a man had fired a flare gun 30 to 40 times from inside his home. He discharged several more rounds from a firearm during a standoff.
Livia Albeck-ripka and John Yoon. New York Times. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 09:18:52 +0000.
- House explodes in Virginia as police try to execute search warrant
A house exploded in Arlington, Virginia, as police tried to execute a search warrant following reports of a suspect firing a flare gun.
CBS News. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 01:06:00 -0500.
- Virginia police investigate explosion at house where officers were trying to serve a search warrant
Police said in a statement that a suspect fired several shots inside the home and that an explosion happened.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Tue, 05 Dec 2023 04:12:00 GMT.
Virginia Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Virginia as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||8,411,808||0.53|
|July 1, 2015||8,367,587||0.60|
|July 1, 2014||8,317,372||0.66|
|July 1, 2013||8,262,692||0.86|
|July 1, 2012||8,192,048||1.01|
|July 1, 2011||8,110,035||1.05|
|July 1, 2010||8,025,773|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Virginia was 8,001,024.
In 2008, the estimated population of Virginia was 7,769,089, whereas
in 2006, the population of Virginia was about 7,628,347.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Virginia's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Virginia
web page. For maps of Virginia,
visit this Virginia Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Virginia
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Virginia