Aggregated Florida News Articles
- Alabama 'witch' faces Florida charge in missing mom case a day after federal charges are dropped
Shannon Demar Ryan, 40, was charged with felony child neglect without great bodily harm, in Broward County, Florida. He's a suspect in the ongoing missing person case of Leila Cavett.
Daily Mail. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:57:42 GMT.
- Florida, Carolinas brace for Hurricane Matthew
Florida residents are lining up for gas and other supplies, as hurricane watches and tropical storm warnings have been issued for the state's coast. ...
CBS News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:53:11 -0400.
- Florida man arrested more than 40 times barricaded himself inside hotel room prompting 12-hour standoff
A Florida man who has been arrested more than 40 times on 142 separate charges was arrested Thursday morning after a 12-hour standoff during which he barricaded himself in a Pinellas Park hotel room.
Bradford Betz. Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:26:18 GMT.
- South Florida's Wild Fork Foods to open at Fountains at Bay Hill in Dr. Phillips
The market offers meats and seafoods for pickup or delivery.
Jack Witthaus. American City Business Journals. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:04:00 +0000.
- Orlando's Exploria Stadium to host Gold Cup soccer tournament
It will join 10 other venues around the nation to host matches.
Richard Bilbao. American City Business Journals. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 19:47:41 +0000.
- Clinton accuses Trump of shady business
Hillary Clinton rallied young voters in Florida and slammed Donald Trump for what she says is his admiration for dictators.This comes after USA Today's "disendorsement" of Trump. ...
CBS News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:18:12 -0400.
- Alaska governor joins Florida in legal battle over cruise no sail order
Coastal communities hit hard by the no sail order are calling on the federal government to resume sailings immediately.
Ktrk. ABC News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:04:26 +0000.
- Pretty Ricky rapper Baby Blue has to 'learn to breathe and walk again' after being shot by robbery suspect
Pretty Ricky rapper Baby Blue says he's on the "road to recovery" after being shot in Miami by one of two suspects in an attempted robbery.
Melissa Roberto. Fox News. Thu, 22 Apr 2021 14:08:36 GMT.
- Sources: Rockets' Porter broke protocol at club
Houston guard Kevin Porter Jr. will be out until at least Sunday due to a violation of the NBA's health and safety protocols stemming from a visit to a Miami strip club, sources told ESPN.
ESPN. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:44:57 EST.
- Johnson won't enter NBA draft, returning to UF
Florida's Keyontae Johnson, who was rushed to a hospital after collapsing Dec. ...
ESPN. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:12:05 EST.
- Florida School Superintendent Arrested on Perjury Charge
The superintendent of Broward County Public Schools, Robert W. Runcie, was arrested as part of a criminal investigation following the Parkland school shooting in 2018.
Patricia Mazzei. New York Times. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:59:04 +0000.
- Florida firm plans to mine minerals by reviving failed El Paso brine treatment plant
Years of problems stopped a multimillion-dollar project from opening near El Paso Water's desalinization plant. A Florida company saw an opportunity.
Vic Kolenc, El Paso Times. El Paso Times. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 21:04:10 +0000.
- Formula 1's expansion in the U.S. is in motion, now it needs a star American driver
The global motorsport owned by Liberty Media agreed to add a second race to the U.S. with a 10-year deal to run in Miami around Hard Rock Stadium.
CNBC. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:07:39 GMT.
- New Orleans Saints NFL Draft Preview: Even With Drew Brees Retiring, Finding A Cornerback Is Job 1
The New Orleans Saints have a huge hole at cornerback that could be filled in the draft by a player like Florida State's Asante Samuel Jr.
By Rob Reischel, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 08:00:00 -0400.
- Atlanta Falcons NFL Draft Preview: Intrigue At No. 4, With The Matt Ryan Era In The Balance
Do the Atlanta Falcons signal the end of the Matt Ryan era by drafting a quarterback, or re-weaponize the Ryan-led offense with Oregon tackle Penei Sewell or Florida tight end Kyle Pitts?
By Ray Glier, Contributor. Forbes. Wed, 21 Apr 2021 08:00:00 -0400.
- Florida Voting Restrictions Bill Heads to Legislature
The bill, which was recently softened, still includes measures like a ban on outside groups giving water to voters near polling places, and it would also empower partisan observers during the ballot-counting process.
Nick Corasaniti. New York Times. Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:26:55 +0000.
Florida Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Florida as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||20,612,439||1.82|
|July 1, 2015||20,244,914||1.79|
|July 1, 2014||19,888,741||1.57|
|July 1, 2013||19,582,022||1.23|
|July 1, 2012||19,344,156||1.29|
|July 1, 2011||19,096,952||1.31|
|July 1, 2010||18,849,098|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Florida was 18,801,310.
In 2008, the estimated population of Florida was 18,328,340, whereas
in 2006, the population of Florida was about 18,019,093.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Florida's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Florida
web page. For maps of Florida,
visit this Florida Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Tallahassee, Florida .
Florida newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Florida
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Florida