Aggregated Florida News Articles
- Florida Good Samaritans form a human chain to rescue swimmers trapped in rip tide
The rip tide was caused by devastating storm Barry that hit the Louisiana coast on Saturday. Some 38 rescues were made over the weekend and a 67-year-old man died.
Daily Mail. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:26:12 GMT.
- What state is the nation's top watermelon producer?
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Summer means relaxing by the pool, barbeques and refreshing slices of watermelon and no one produces more of this favorite summertime fruit than Florida. ...
Washington Times. Tue, 16 Jul 2019 03:35:30 -0400.
- Good Samaritans Form Human Chain to Rescue Swimmers from Rip Current in Florida
Dozens of people stepped in to form a human chain at Panama City Beach, Florida on Sunday to rescue at least one swimmer trapped in a deadly rip current brought on by tropical storm Barry, authorities say.
Southern Living. Southern Living. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 20:37:05 +0000.
- Vancouver, Portland Leap In Ranking Of Best Cities For Tech Jobs
Orlando, Detroit and Madison are some of the other rising stars as tech companies begin to shift their attention away from familiar hubs like Silicon Valley and Seattle.
By Kenrick Cai, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:21:34 +0000.
- Miami developer proposes dual-tower apartment project in downtown (Photos)
The project would total 1.5 million square feet.
Brian Bandell. American City Business Journals. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 16:44:07 +0000.
- Israeli developer proposes 63-story project in downtown Miami
The site plan shows a six-story podium with towers of 63 stories and 55 stories rising from it.
Brian Bandell. American City Business Journals. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 16:42:31 +0000.
- Shark bites teen girl while she's boogie boarding in Florida
The 16-year-old said she was boogie boarding in knee-high water when the shark bit her foot.
ABC News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:53:34 +0000.
- Florida dad who raped 1-year-old daughter, posted videos on dark web, gets 70 years: report
A former paramedic from Florida was sentenced to 70 years in prison for recording a series of heinous videos of himself raping his 1-year-old daughter and posting them to the dark web.
Tamar Lapin. Fox News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 05:44:04 GMT.
- VIDEO: Burger King manager told 'go back to Mexico' by customer in Florida
Video shows a manager of a Florida Burger King being told by a customer to "go back to Mexico."
Wls. ABC News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 00:40:57 +0000.
- Shark bites girl, 16, who was boogie boarding on Florida vacation, reports say
Authorities say a teenage girl has been bitten by a shark while vacationing in Florida.
Frank Miles. Fox News. Mon, 15 Jul 2019 00:19:10 GMT.
- Check Out Wimbledon Champion Novak Djokovic's Real Estate Game
The 16-time Grand Slam champion lives a high society lifestyle in Monaco, Miami and New York.
By Keith Flamer, Contributor. Forbes. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 18:09:00 +0000.
- ICE Raids Expected To Take Place In South Florida
The ACLU of South Florida said on Sunday that there have been reports of "multiple, attempted and unsuccessful ICE raids throughout the U.S.
Paul Scicchitano. Patch. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:54:33 -0400.
- Florida Good News: Coco, Elvis, Phil Collins And The Grinch
Coco's run, Elvis' Piano, Phil Collins' talent search and a popular Grinch video are among the good news stories we found in Florida.
Paul Scicchitano. Patch. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:10:21 -0400.
- Florida church pays $7.2M in medical debt in 5 counties
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - A Florida church is spending more than $7 million to pay off the medical debt for 6,500 people. ...
Washington Times. Sun, 14 Jul 2019 03:40:26 -0400.
- States Are Ratcheting Up Reading Expectations For 3rd-Graders
Almost 20 states have passed laws requiring third-graders who aren't proficient in reading to repeat the grade. The policy started in Florida 17 years ago.
Alexandra Starr. NPR. Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:12:00 -0400.
- Jim Caldwell Takes Leave Of Absence From The Miami Dolphins Over Health Issues
We hope he gets well soon
David Hookstead. Daily Caller. Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:51:23 +0000.
Florida Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Florida as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||20,612,439||1.82|
|July 1, 2015||20,244,914||1.79|
|July 1, 2014||19,888,741||1.57|
|July 1, 2013||19,582,022||1.23|
|July 1, 2012||19,344,156||1.29|
|July 1, 2011||19,096,952||1.31|
|July 1, 2010||18,849,098|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Florida was 18,801,310.
In 2008, the estimated population of Florida was 18,328,340, whereas
in 2006, the population of Florida was about 18,019,093.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Florida's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Florida
web page. For maps of Florida,
visit this Florida Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Tallahassee, Florida .
Florida newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Florida
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Florida