Aggregated Florida News Articles
- Sources: Vols won't have star WR Tillman vs. UF
After injuring his ankle last week, Tennessee star wide receiver Cedric Tillman will not play against Florida, sources told ESPN.
ESPN. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:51:11 EST.
- Best GameDay signs from Florida-Tennessee
A fierce SEC East rivalry takes center stage at College GameDay in Knoxville, Tennessee.
ESPN. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 12:16:35 EST.
- Tropical Storm Ian strengthens in the Caribbean, tracks toward Florida
Tropical Storm Ian was located about 270 miles south-southeast of Kingston, Jamaica, as of 11 a.m. Saturday and moving west at about 15 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Cnnwire. ABC News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:51:06 +0000.
- Artemis I launch attempt called off due to Tropical Storm Ian
Tropical Storm Ian is forecast to hit Florida next week as a hurricane.
KETV - Omaha, Nebraska. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:27:00 GMT.
- Florida Braces For Major Hurricane As Ian Strengthens Over Caribbean
The entire western Florida peninsula is in the cone of uncertainty ahead of a potentially devastating major hurricane strike.
By Nicholas Reimann, Forbes Staff. Forbes. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:54:14 -0400.
- Tropical Storm Ian strengthens, could approach Florida as major hurricane
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has declared a state of emergency.
CBS News. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 08:04:00 -0400.
- Liberal Florida commissioner announces plans to back GOP star Ron DeSantis's re-election
Democratic Palm Beach County Commissioner Dave Kerner, 39, has endorsed Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' re-election bid. Kerner backed the governor on Fox News.
Daily Mail. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:35:40 GMT.
- How Paul LePage, Running to Lead Maine, Benefited From Florida Tax Breaks
Mr. LePage, a former governor who is seeking to reclaim the office, has along with his wife benefited from property tax breaks reserved for permanent Florida residents, public records show.
Alyce Mcfadden and Michael C. Bender. New York Times. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:00:20 +0000.
- Tropical Storm Ian Forms, and Florida Prepares for Its Effects
Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida on Friday declared a state of emergency for 24 counties ahead of the storm, which could develop into a major hurricane by next week.
The New York Times. New York Times. Sat, 24 Sep 2022 03:44:02 +0000.
- Florida braces for hurricane threat as tropical depression strengthens
The Weather Channel's Chris Warren has the latest on Hurricane Fiona and the dangers posed by Tropical Depression 9.
CBS News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 21:00:13 -0400.
- Miami-Dade approves golf course rezoning for Lennar homes
This will be a $300 million project.
Brian Bandell. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:19:58 +0000.
- Red Hotel in Miami Beach sells for $33M
The buyers will renovate the hotel.
Brian Bandell. American City Business Journals. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:01:19 +0000.
- Boat captain charged in fatal parasailing accident that killed Elk Grove Village woman in Florida
A boat captain has been charged with manslaughter in a Memorial Day parasailing crash in the Florida Keys that killed a 33-year-old Illinois woman and injured her young son and nephew.
Chicago Tribune. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:38:45 +0000.
- Hurricane Fiona heads to Canada as Florida watches Harmine
- Florida Issues Forceful Threat Against 'Credit Card Companies Who Target the 2nd Amendment'
Florida Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis is responding to the decision some credit card companies have made to use a special sales code for gun and ammunition sales. ...
Elizabeth Delaney. Western Journal. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:17:55 +0000.
- Hurricane Fiona heads to Canada as Florida watches Hermine
Florida is also on hurricane watch, as Hurricane Hermine makes its way to the US southwest coast.
BBC News. Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:00:12 GMT.
Florida Population Trends and Information Resources
The U. S. Census Bureau estimates the population of Florida as follows:
|Date||Estimated Population||Yearly % Change|
|July 1, 2016||20,612,439||1.82|
|July 1, 2015||20,244,914||1.79|
|July 1, 2014||19,888,741||1.57|
|July 1, 2013||19,582,022||1.23|
|July 1, 2012||19,344,156||1.29|
|July 1, 2011||19,096,952||1.31|
|July 1, 2010||18,849,098|| |
According to the 2010 census, the population of Florida was 18,801,310.
In 2008, the estimated population of Florida was 18,328,340, whereas
in 2006, the population of Florida was about 18,019,093.
For detailed, up-to-date information about Florida's demographics,
visit the U.S. Census Bureau's
QuickFacts about Florida
web page. For maps of Florida,
visit this Florida Map
The photograph above shows the state capitol building
in Tallahassee, Florida .
Florida newspaper publishers
are listed here, along with their
addresses, phone numbers, and website links;
names, descriptions, and
website links are listed on this page.
More information about Florida
can be found here.
The News - News and Commentary about Events in Florida